Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 v Fulham 0 ‘40 Mo, Shaqiri '53  (Read 32512 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 2 v Fulham 0 ‘40 Mo, Shaqiri '53
« Reply #240 on: November 11, 2018, 02:38:46 pm »
It's starting to look like it with every passing game.
I can see us letting loose in games like Manchester United and Everton at home, and again pulling a performance similar to one today against Newcastle for instance. This upcoming block of games, culminating with match at Etihad - is pretty much where season is going to be shaped. Title won't be decided just yet - but it can certainly be lost. We seem to play the long game of make it through the winter close enough to the top, bed in new players, save others from burning out then throw our cards on the table and hit those afterburners.

I fully agree. The game against Watford away once we are back with PSG and Everton to follow will be incredibly difficult, we have a hard time playing there and its a difficult place for most sides in the league to get a result. It's the ultimate potential banana peel for us, they have good technical and physical players who know how to press, their problem is inconsistency and a proper consistent center forward, so it will be a challenging start to another hectic period for us.

Hoping to God we have no injuries after this useless international shite

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2018, 02:39:41 pm »
Ferguson's United won a LOT of games in a similar manner as we did today.

I've been thinking about this: the amount of times Ferguson-era teams would win and we would all be talking about how shit they had been and how Fulham (/fill in the blank) should've taken their one fluke chance.

The points we're picking up are so commendable, and hopefully in the long run the fluidity will come back. Probably foolish to think that we'd start the season like we were playing in January to April last season. Doesn't work like that.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2018, 02:41:31 pm »
One small query though.

Did that seem unusually quiet to anyone else? You could hear the players shouts all game.

I didn't watch the game but just saw the 2nd goal and it was dead quiet before we scored.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2018, 02:44:49 pm »
I didn't watch the game but just saw the 2nd goal and it was dead quiet before we scored.

It was quiet most of the way through to be fair, maybe being a early kick off plus rememberance day? It always seems a strange day somehow for football.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2018, 02:45:55 pm »
Last season in games where we had greater than 65% possession our win record was very low, I can't find the stat, but I recall it was less than 20%. This year in those games, we have a 100% win record (in the EPL).
That's an important improvement.

Additionally more and more teams are aware of the high press and risk of turning the ball over in bad positions, and their coaches are taking measures to prevent that. We aren't a surprise anymore and what we were doing was not rocket science.  So I feel that we may not see that type of heavy metal football anymore because the conditions aren't there so much for it to happen. Whats happening is many (including me) are forgetting those 0-0's and 0-1's where we couldn't beat the parked bus, but remembering the 4-1's and 4-2's where we ripped up poorly set-up teams.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2018, 02:52:14 pm »
I third that. United in 2008/2009 won what, 11,12 games by a one goal margin? With Ronaldo,Tevez,Rooney and Berbatov in their side. They had scored less goals than us, lost more matches and ended up winning the league by 4 points despite us beating them twice.

Even Chelsea in 2016-17 under Conte won so many games 1-0 that it got routine. They just managed to score somewhere and then shut up shop. Remember, that was the 2nd highest points in PL era until Man City broke got the highest in the subsequent season.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2018, 02:53:15 pm »
Last season in games where we had greater than 65% possession our win record was very low, I can't find the stat, but I recall it was less than 20%. This year in those games, we have a 100% win record (in the EPL).

Additionally more and more teams are aware of the high press and risk of turning the ball over in bad positions, and their coaches are taking measures to prevent that. We aren't a surprise anymore and what we were doing was not rocket science.  So I feel that we may not see that type of heavy metal football anymore because the conditions aren't there so much for it to happen. Whats happening is many (including me) are forgetting those 0-0's and 0-1's where we couldn't beat the parked bus, but remembering the 4-1's and 4-2's where we ripped up poorly set-up teams.

Spot on. The only bus we failed to break this season was Red Star and even they played a decent middle block before they brought their bus. 

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2018, 02:54:57 pm »
Shairi goal was sublime

Chambers should have been sent off

Ref let shitloads of timewasting just continue to happen for them

We look like we are focusing more on managing games than playing the fast, free flowing, attacking football of last season

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #248 on: November 11, 2018, 02:55:21 pm »
First half was a bit more competitive, second half was a foregone conclusion after that second goal. Good solid three points.

It was quiet most of the way through to be fair, maybe being a early kick off plus rememberance day? It always seems a strange day somehow for football.

Midday KO's are always going to be rubbish. I even noticed (through the television admittedly) at one point a few Fulham fans even tried to get "Is this a library" chant going, before they realised there was only about eigth of them bothering to sing it and it quickly died off. 

But like you say this was an especially weird day for it. Quite frankly a midday KO should not have even been allowed.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #249 on: November 11, 2018, 02:57:38 pm »

But like you say this was an especially weird day for it. Quite frankly a midday KO should not have even been allowed.

I'd go as far as saying that there shouldn't have been ANY matches today. Perfect time to get a live Friday game out of the way and play the rest on Saturday and Monday night.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2018, 02:57:47 pm »
Cracking goals from Salah and Shaqiri. Mitrovic goal correctly flagged os. Still unbeaten in the league in November. Looking good. Klopp signings have generally been spot on.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2018, 03:01:04 pm »
First half was a bit more competitive, second half was a foregone conclusion after that second goal. Good solid three points.

Midday KO's are always going to be rubbish. I even noticed (through the television admittedly) at one point a few Fulham fans even tried to get "Is this a library" chant going, before they realised there was only about eigth of them bothering to sing it and it quickly died off. 

I think you have a point.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2018, 03:02:47 pm »
Shame we couldn't rack them up against the worst defence in the league but at least we won.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: November 11, 2018, 03:04:22 pm »

Very well said. The draws against Burnley,Newcastle,Everton,West Brom [the 2nd one being towards the end of the season], the loss to Swansea in January.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2018, 03:05:09 pm »

Great post and it's why I'm not getting too down about it. If we continue like this we will be there or thereabouts. In the meantime we're getting the job done.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2018, 03:05:18 pm »
Even Chelsea in 2016-17 under Conte won so many games 1-0 that it got routine. They just managed to score somewhere and then shut up shop. Remember, that was the 2nd highest points in PL era until Man City broke got the highest in the subsequent season.
Yup, they won what 12 matches in a row? Even when they were conceding goals in some games they still had the ability to find a way to win, they had built up confidence by that point.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2018, 03:06:52 pm »
You know what?

We won

3 points

Clean sheet

International break coming up

Do we really need a thread with people pissing and moaning about 'not being good enough'

Lock it.

Totally agree. We are gaining points at a good rate - all that matters.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:08:29 pm by Sudden Death Draft Loser »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2018, 03:14:51 pm »

Great point! That's a huge difference. At this point last season we'd already dropped 6 points against teams outside the top six (15 out of 21) this season we have the maximum of 24 out of 24. It might not be spectacular but it's effective.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2018, 03:15:55 pm »
Totally agree. We are gaining points at a good rate - all that matters.

We played well today. Sweet heavens - you’d think we had played poorly today.

Managed energy well - decent zip to our play.

Amazing start to the season - a lot to be proud of.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2018, 03:17:28 pm »
How Chambers missed out on a red card is beyond me, out of control, over the top of the ball with his studs to Mo's ankle, lucky it was not a serious injury, a horrendous challenge and a big shit out from the ref
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2018, 03:19:30 pm »
How Chambers missed out on a red card is beyond me, out of control, over the top of the ball with his studs to Mo's ankle, lucky it was not a serious injury, a horrendous challenge and a big shit out from the ref
I thought it was a red, very similar to the one in the Cardiff game yesterday
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2018, 03:19:40 pm »
You know what?

We won

3 points

Clean sheet

International break coming up

Do we really need a thread with people pissing and moaning about 'not being good enough'

Lock it. 
yep totally agree but let the moaners moan it gives them a sense of purpose and at least it keeps them from arguing with their other halves!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2018, 03:24:40 pm »
I do as I watched both closely. They didn't put a foot wrong and I'm not sure what more you could ask of them. The ball didn't fall kindly for them but that's not their problem. They were good on the ball and their control and passing were good. It's a team game and they both did everything that was asked of them.

Mane  wasnt good  today.  Had genuine trouble controlling the ball when through. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:26:12 pm by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: November 11, 2018, 03:25:57 pm »
I thought it was a red, very similar to the one in the Cardiff game yesterday

It was very similar, thought that myself. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2018, 03:28:43 pm »
And to think I posted in the HT thread that Robbo's end product has been lacking. Good result obviously, 73% possession and we never really looked in danger. Having said that, it still doesn't seem to be gelling. Hopefully Naby will be able to settle in now and start really hitting form.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2018, 03:30:29 pm »
I liked the corner flags.  Our corners were shite but the flags were a nice touch.

Ref was cack again; Chambers should have walked, underdogs allowed to pull and push, pulled back a quickly taken free kick in the 2nd half but allowed us to do it in the first.  inconsistent, which pisses me off more than anything else..

Fab played well, looks forward more than Hendo.  Shaq was sound, Mo getting back up to speed, Virgil and Joe were imperious.

Wins by Yernited and The Bitters too much to ask for?......I thought so.

To be fair Gomez could have gone too.  The ref, if anything was good for us. A very close offside went our way as did taking a free kick from the wrong place.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2018, 03:34:08 pm »
If that Mitrovic goal has been given against us then I would be livid. An offside is an offside whether it is 2inches or 20 yards.

Our reverse passes around the penalty area didn't have the unpredictability and zip like previous year. Are we missing the presence of Can and Ox?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2018, 03:34:42 pm »
To be fair Gomez could have gone too.  The ref, if anything was good for us. A very close offside went our way as did taking a free kick from the wrong place.
You would argue he doesn't make the second challenge if he was booked for the first AND BT sports commentators LOVE ignoring attackers having a handful of defenders shirts when they get fouled. Mitrovic was dragging Gomez shirt all over the place in one of those 2 challenges and he was the first to grab out of the two

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2018, 03:34:54 pm »
I think this ref was ok compared to other refrees I have seen so far.

The little cube is endearing himself to me.

Their goalkeeper also had to bail them out a few times.

Strange time to play a game. First  half we were cut open a few times Fulham should have scored and Sessegnon should have at least hit the target, its almost like we switched off and were not prepared for the game. After that we got better

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #269 on: November 11, 2018, 03:35:27 pm »
And to think I posted in the HT thread that Robbo's end product has been lacking. Good result obviously, 73% possession and we never really looked in danger. Having said that, it still doesn't seem to be gelling. Hopefully Naby will be able to settle in now and start really hitting form.

I thought Robbo was given too much to chase, most passes were 1-2 yards too far for him and he had to speed up to make up ground with no time to look up. Twice it could have gone out of play but Robbo managed to cross it just before it went over the goal line. A bit unfair to him given the lousy balls given to him from Mane and then Milner.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:38:06 pm by RedForeverTT »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #270 on: November 11, 2018, 03:36:36 pm »
This was a clear win.
Redmen deserve all the praise.
Even when the Atmosphere at Anfield lacking.
Nothing can stop us from being top of the table, for a few hours...
Deserve the three points.

Just wait till we get in top gear.
Forget about the other clubs, focus on us.
Keep it up Klopp!

Fulham will feel hard done by, things seemed to conspire against them in the first half. Gotta take your shot though and that's what we did
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2018, 03:39:01 pm »
Todays ref was a ringer for this bloke from The Waterboy

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2018, 03:39:34 pm »

Clearly offside, no idea what all the fuss is about.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2018, 03:39:40 pm »
You would argue he doesn't make the second challenge if he was booked for the first AND BT sports commentators LOVE ignoring attackers having a handful of defenders shirts when they get fouled. Mitrovic was dragging Gomez shirt all over the place in one of those 2 challenges and he was the first to grab out of the two

You could also argue that if Mitrovic gets away from Gomez, hes in a very good position. The point is, on the whole decisions went our way today and Im pleased with that.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2018, 03:40:39 pm »
Clearly offside, no idea what all the fuss is about.

There was no clearly about it. 

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #275 on: November 11, 2018, 03:41:37 pm »
Spot on. The only bus we failed to break this season was Red Star and even they played a decent middle block before they brought their bus. 
And went 2-0 up from a corner and a long range shot - both very low percentage situations that we've generally dealt with exceptionally this season. Not saying Red Star didn't deserve it - they did - but it's not like they broke us down and created hatfuls of clear-cut chances.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: November 11, 2018, 03:43:10 pm »
You could also argue that if Mitrovic gets away from Gomez, hes in a very good position. The point is, on the whole decisions went our way today and Im pleased with that.

If he gets away from him he's in a good position but he fouled him to get there so it doesn't matter. Salahs in a great position to score if he shoves his marker while he jumps for the ball and runs onto it leaving only one defender to beat, he's still fouled someone to gain that position so the rest becomes irrelevant.

They didn't really, they timewasted all game, booted the ball away twice, Rico suddenly forgot where the ball goes for a kick then miraculously remembered when the ref told him to hurry the fuck up, the offside was clear so not really sure why the huge debate, they took an age whenever they got a throw and seemed to just keep walking forward till the ref had the bollocks to get back and take it from where they know the ball went off, Chambers avoided a clear red for a studs up over the ball challenge, somehow the ref decided not to book a single player for all of their timewasting antics.

Personally i'd say they got off extremely lightly given how much they were trying throughout the game
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:44:42 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #277 on: November 11, 2018, 03:45:48 pm »
There was no clearly about it. 
Apart from the line of white shirts in front of our defence as the ball was played. Our offside trap is fantastic, let's not be thanking our lucky stars when it works yet again.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2018, 03:54:10 pm »
If he gets away from him he's in a good position but he fouled him to get there so it doesn't matter. Salahs in a great position to score if he shoves his marker while he jumps for the ball and runs onto it leaving only one defender to beat, he's still fouled someone to gain that position so the rest becomes irrelevant.

They didn't really, they timewasted all game, booted the ball away twice, Rico suddenly forgot where the ball goes for a kick then miraculously remembered when the ref told him to hurry the fuck up, the offside was clear so not really sure why the huge debate, they took an age whenever they got a throw and seemed to just keep walking forward till the ref had the bollocks to get back and take it from where they know the ball went off, Chambers avoided a clear red for a studs up over the ball challenge, somehow the ref decided not to book a single player for all of their timewasting antics.

Personally i'd say they got off extremely lightly given how much they were trying throughout the game

I really cant be arsed debating in a position against LFC, Id rather enjoy the win and a little bit of luck, however the offside was not clear and the free kick from Alison could easily have been asked to be re-taken

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2018, 04:04:04 pm »
Top of the league! For now at least.
Believer