Author Topic: The 2019 Formula One Thread  (Read 140078 times)

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The 2019 Formula One Thread
« Reply #3280 on: November 17, 2019, 06:53:17 pm »
wow..

exciting!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3281 on: November 17, 2019, 07:05:24 pm »
Think Hamilton being harsh on himself there. Albon left him loads of space and then cut him off.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3282 on: November 17, 2019, 07:08:58 pm »
Vettel is something of a joke now.

So many lapses, so many mistakes...

Why’s he still in it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3283 on: November 17, 2019, 07:09:51 pm »
Love Interlagos.

Happy for Gasly and gutted for Albon.

The less said about Ferrari the better.

Lot of cars under investigation though

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3284 on: November 17, 2019, 07:13:19 pm »
If Horner says redemption one more time someone needs to launch him into space!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3285 on: November 17, 2019, 07:17:51 pm »
Vettel is something of a joke now.

So many lapses, so many mistakes...

Why’s he still in it?
Looks like he tries to Put the squeeze on Leclerc.

Ferrari off the pace again though. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 07:22:33 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3286 on: November 17, 2019, 07:36:39 pm »
What you have to say about Hamilton he's always there isn't he. Whatever track whatever car is leading. He's always the one challenging. If he's not winning he's not far off. That's the difference.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3287 on: November 17, 2019, 07:39:09 pm »
What you have to say about Hamilton he's always there isn't he. Whatever track whatever car is leading. He's always the one challenging. If he's not winning he's not far off. That's the difference.
Today was the first time I can remember him getting in a tangle all season. He’s driven so professionally for the last few years. A long way away from his last few years at McLaren. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3288 on: November 17, 2019, 07:58:59 pm »
Hamilton given a five second penalty and drops down to 7th. 

Seems harsh to me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3289 on: November 17, 2019, 07:59:30 pm »
Hamilton gets a 5 second penalty....

Harsh for me....

Hamilton of course said he was responsible, but Albion also said he didn’t even see him.  If that’s a 5 second penalty..... blimey.

Anyway, first podium for McLaren for years..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3290 on: November 17, 2019, 08:03:16 pm »
Strange he wasn’t given the black and white flag, seems the norm for other drivers.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3291 on: November 17, 2019, 08:09:13 pm »
Thats a harsh penalty.

But does put Sainz up to 3rd and both Alphas up to 4th and 5th

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3292 on: November 17, 2019, 08:10:38 pm »
Merc had an absolute stinker too, worse times for it to happen though!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3293 on: November 17, 2019, 08:20:22 pm »
How is that a 5 second penalty. That sets a dangerous precedent now. Although it doesn't because the FIA isn't consistent at all.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3294 on: November 17, 2019, 08:35:08 pm »
How is that a 5 second penalty. That sets a dangerous precedent now. Although it doesn't because the FIA isn't consistent at all.
Well Leclerc was given a bad sportsmanship flag when he was continually moving under breaking against Hamilton. The FIA said that after talking to drivers and team principles they wanted to introduce harder driving. Hamilton goes for a gap which Albon closes and suddenly its a penalty.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3295 on: November 17, 2019, 08:37:58 pm »
Well Leclerc was given a bad sportsmanship flag when he was continually moving under breaking against Hamilton. The FIA said that after talking to drivers and team principles they wanted to introduce harder driving. Hamilton goes for a gap which Albon closes and suddenly its a penalty.

You say that, but I’d imagine there was also a pretty substantial four figure team fine.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3296 on: November 17, 2019, 10:16:17 pm »

Yep so stupid. There was a huge gap. Are they saying drivers shouldn't go for it. Albon said he didn't see him and never blamed Lewis once. It makes no difference to anything really. But you will bet they'll be many incidents just like this with a wide range of penalties or no penalties.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3297 on: November 17, 2019, 11:34:08 pm »
Max was imperious.

Vettel was brainless.

Stupid decision to pit Hamilton.

Hamilton's fault in the Albon tag, he clearly locked himself up, deserved the penalty.

Has Sainz had a minute of tv time this season? Yet he's been a contender for best of the rest driver all year.

Happy for Gasly, hopefully he's got some mojo back because he's clearly a bloody good driver.

Interlagos needs a 10 or 15 second track extension before the last corner (or maybe beyond turn 3), but otherwise it's a glorious race circuit.

One race left, where the hell did this year go?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3298 on: November 18, 2019, 01:10:21 am »
Did Sainz make a single overtake (other than on his team mate) in the entire race?

Seemed to just benefit from strategy and safety cars from what I could see

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3299 on: November 18, 2019, 03:07:19 am »
I've avoided all the above comments due to watching the highlights now.... First thing that comes to mind for me is how drs sucks the life out of the sport. Anyone agree? It displaces driver capability for me. Utter shite

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3300 on: November 18, 2019, 04:09:46 am »
Fantastic race.  Full replay link for anyone who didn't get to watch:

https://overtakefans.com/race-archive/season-2019/formula-1-2019x20-brazilian-grand-prix/

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3301 on: November 18, 2019, 07:09:50 am »
I've avoided all the above comments due to watching the highlights now.... First thing that comes to mind for me is how drs sucks the life out of the sport. Anyone agree? It displaces driver capability for me. Utter shite
Yeah, but get rid of DRS and then watch it.  There would be far less overtaking
W

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3302 on: November 18, 2019, 08:30:54 am »
So Vettel and Leclerc was considered a racing incident but Hamilton is given a five second penalty  :lmao

That’s perfectly reasonable.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3303 on: November 18, 2019, 08:55:40 am »
Vettel turned into Leclerc clearly

The albon Hamilton thing was clumsy, Albon has never been that high in a race, he looks a good prospect but he left too much of a gap there

The drag to the line with Gasly and Hamilton was great

Big Haul of points from Alfa Romeo (22)
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3304 on: November 18, 2019, 08:57:07 am »
I imagine if Hamilton didn’t come out and take the blame, which I doubt he does if he was 1st or not yet champion, then doubt he gets a 5s penalty. It’s a bizarre decision really as the gap was there and he had every right to attack that gap.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3305 on: November 18, 2019, 09:48:36 am »

sure, if you want to watch processions every couple of weeks where nobody can overake.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3306 on: November 18, 2019, 10:01:18 am »
I imagine if Hamilton didn’t come out and take the blame, which I doubt he does if he was 1st or not yet champion, then doubt he gets a 5s penalty. It’s a bizarre decision really as the gap was there and he had every right to attack that gap.

Still can't understand it. Albon basically admitted he cut across him as he couldn't see where he was in the blind spot. It was a risky move, but if you start giving penalties for that all the time the sport it dead.

It was nice for Gasly and Sainz. But in reality if that happened if championship was tight it would be a huge talking point.

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3307 on: November 18, 2019, 01:41:44 pm »
Havn't seen any replays or highlights but from what I could tell he made every effort to bail out when the gap closed n all.  I thought it was harsh.

Vettel and Leclerc I'm a bit unsure of but Vettel should've been more aware.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 01:46:25 pm by losCHUNK »

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3308 on: November 18, 2019, 01:43:19 pm »
Yeah, but get rid of DRS and then watch it.  There would be far less overtaking

DRS is a band-aid for some of the poor decisions the FIA have made that have caused the lack of overtaking.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3309 on: November 18, 2019, 02:28:03 pm »
Havn't seen any replays or highlights but from what I could tell he made every effort to bail out when the gap closed n all.  I thought it was harsh.

Vettel and Leclerc I'm a bit unsure of but Vettel should've been more aware.
I think Albon might have shit himself with Hamilton behind him on fresh tyres. He got a little wide as a result and Hamilton went for a gap that slammed shut

i remember Coulthard and Schumacher had similar in 98 in argentina, dont think coulthard was too happy but both i think fall into the "racing incident" category

wonder do stewards feel they have to punish someone with every incident

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3310 on: November 18, 2019, 04:30:21 pm »
I've just watched the Hamilton/Albon incident again and it's a ridiculous penalty in my opinion.  What happened to the stewards allowing them to race after the bullshit in Canada?  Can't for the life of me see what Lewis has been penalised for there.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3311 on: November 18, 2019, 06:27:26 pm »
I've just watched the Hamilton/Albon incident again and it's a ridiculous penalty in my opinion.  What happened to the stewards allowing them to race after the bullshit in Canada?  Can't for the life of me see what Lewis has been penalised for there.
It’s more of a ‘racing incident’ than what Vettel did, which looked deliberate and ruined more people’s races.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3312 on: November 18, 2019, 11:36:39 pm »
If Vettel decides to walk away ("mutually") who should Ferrari bring in you reckon? I think Ricciardo could be a good shout, good quality, good head on his shoulders, good look for the brand?

Alternatively Sainz this year has looked the part

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3313 on: November 19, 2019, 07:05:00 am »
Sainz is a very good driver. I hope his career doesn’t fall short because the driver market didn’t work in his favour.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3314 on: November 19, 2019, 07:33:37 am »
Do people think Vettel will go? Don’t think he will personally.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3315 on: November 19, 2019, 08:22:20 am »
Do people think Vettel will go? Don’t think he will personally.

By choice? No chance in my opinion. Ferrari may make the decision for him, but I doubt that also and think that people are going a bit overboard with the whole thing, by which I mean the media in general, not this forum.  For all of Seb's mistakes this year, without two mechanical DNFs he'd still be ahead of Charles, who is generally perceived to have had a stellar year and despite his inexperience is still a big talent. 

If Vettel decides to walk away ("mutually") who should Ferrari bring in you reckon? I think Ricciardo could be a good shout, good quality, good head on his shoulders, good look for the brand?

Alternatively Sainz this year has looked the part

Ricciardo has been just as error prone as Seb this year.  If Ferrari were going to focus on Leclerc and wanted a number two in the Barrichello mould, then Sainz would be a reasonably choice. Vettel is still a better racing driver than Sainz though, mistakes and all.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3316 on: November 19, 2019, 10:19:09 am »
Vettel has been error prone for more than a year though, every season he's making errors under pressure or being too aggressive. It's ruining other peoples races as well.

Charles Leclerc has shown on a number of occassions the potential of the Ferrari but Vettel hasn't been on the same level.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3317 on: November 19, 2019, 10:22:27 am »
Vettel will have another year at Ferrari. But another season like this. He could end up going.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3318 on: November 19, 2019, 10:38:23 am »
he is getting in a lot of collisions and he always gets burned

the odd day he will win and run the show but i have been saying this season i feel he has regressed as a driver

im sure he will be at ferrari next year but after that is anyones guess

i dont see him leaving now, nowhere to go

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3319 on: November 19, 2019, 10:39:30 am »
Also, the way Vettel's suspension failed when going over the kerbs in America and how Leclerc's suspension failed after a slight touch from Vettel, looks like a weakness on that Ferrari.