Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4130000 times)

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #61920 on: February 9, 2020, 10:46:10 am »
Would quite happily watch Liam Smith vs Brook. I don’t know if it was ring rust, he’s seen better days or DeLuca didn’t have the power to trouble him. But Kell took a few shots last night.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61921 on: February 9, 2020, 11:10:18 am »
Would quite happily watch Liam Smith vs Brook. I don’t know if it was ring rust, he’s seen better days or DeLuca didn’t have the power to trouble him. But Kell took a few shots last night.

Think he knew he didn't hurt him so could walk on to shots but yeah he was rusty in defence but that's to be expected.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #61922 on: February 9, 2020, 01:29:54 pm »
Think he knew he didn't hurt him so could walk on to shots but yeah he was rusty in defence but that's to be expected.
Brook was probably never elite but he was once world level. He isn't any more, that much is clear.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61923 on: February 9, 2020, 05:50:28 pm »
Apparently the IBF are considering adding another version to their "world champions" roster to go with the WBA's "Supers and Regulars" and WBC's "Diamond" "Emeritus" and rainbow spectrum belts.  ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61924 on: February 9, 2020, 06:35:25 pm »
Apparently the IBF are considering adding another version to their "world champions" roster to go with the WBA's "Supers and Regulars" and WBC's "Diamond" "Emeritus" and rainbow spectrum belts.  ;D
The Zenith Data Systems belt

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61925 on: February 9, 2020, 07:56:19 pm »

It's the obvious problem that has plagued boxing for years; not enough title belts. Well done to the IBF for taking action on the issue.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61926 on: February 9, 2020, 08:06:46 pm »
 :lmao

The thing is we all know who would be the "Real" champions of the division. But even a "Regular" champion can say he's a "Champion" because it's actually a fact he would be.  ;D

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #61927 on: February 9, 2020, 08:16:24 pm »

The IBF love a sanctioning fee, hence why their champions are generally the most active of the 4.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61928 on: February 10, 2020, 10:06:48 am »
:lmao

The thing is we all know who would be the "Real" champions of the division. But even a "Regular" champion can say he's a "Champion" because it's actually a fact he would be.  ;D

It's shite though when there are so many belts that the fans have to get together and figure out who the real champion is.  there needs to be some kind of independent body, something like the Ring used to be before Golden Boy bought it.

Saying that, you end up with another belt then ;D

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61929 on: February 12, 2020, 11:40:58 am »
30 years ago yesterday... this happened:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Rv4ro4D16H0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Rv4ro4D16H0</a>

One of the biggest upsets ever.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61930 on: February 12, 2020, 01:45:52 pm »
I'd say THE biggest.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61931 on: February 12, 2020, 03:29:25 pm »
Josh Warrington has quit Warren's crew for Eddie Hearns.

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61932 on: February 12, 2020, 03:58:26 pm »
Josh Warrington has quit Warren's crew for Eddie Hearns.

Actually thought Frank did a good job for Warrington. World title fight at Elland Road and a PPV vs Frampton. Would imagine the struggle to get him a big unification is the reason for the split.

Frank is close to finished now. Must be a sickener to lose Warrington to Matchroom, after BJS most recently. Doesn’t have much (if any) say in regards to Fury anymore either. Dubois and Yarde are his only hopes!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61933 on: February 12, 2020, 05:38:40 pm »
David Allen v Darch being looked into by the gambling commission for fixed fight.

Suspicious betting activity.

*both fighters being looked in to.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 05:48:37 pm by Fordy »

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #61934 on: February 13, 2020, 08:36:39 pm »
there is a documentary about Tyson Fury in a bout 30 mins on ITV1 (9pm). Saw his wife talking about it and his mental issues and recovery on BBC breakfast this morning and thought I would mention it for the boxing community here. He even puts the bins out what a humble man is Tyson.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61935 on: February 13, 2020, 08:43:33 pm »
I fuckin' put the bin out, where the fuck is my Apollo Creed entrance and millions of bollocks in the bank?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61936 on: February 13, 2020, 09:47:37 pm »
I fuckin' put the bin out, where the fuck is my Apollo Creed entrance and millions of bollocks in the bank?

You're the one who fills it up with kebab wrappers in the first place though.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61937 on: February 13, 2020, 10:03:46 pm »
 ;D

That's true mate.

Big fight is next week, that crept up on us quick.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61938 on: February 14, 2020, 07:32:06 am »
Think Fury will win. Possibly by KO, he had Wilder in a bit of trouble last time after the KD in the 12th. Grandpa could have got to him in the first fight too. There's a hint of vulnerability to Wilder when he doesn't have it all his own way.

That said, Wilder might spark him out at any minute.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #61939 on: February 14, 2020, 08:00:45 am »
I think Fury will win but his second round knockout prediction is utter total bollocks. It'll go to the wire.

I have to light the fireworks myself and press Play on the boombox (whatever they are), but I do the washing up to the Rocky theme

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61940 on: February 14, 2020, 08:10:35 am »
;D

That's true mate.

Big fight is next week, that crept up on us quick.

Kebab at the ready then? Plenty chilly sauce?

Fury wins this for me if he can afford a Wilder bomb.

The loser has a rematch clause with the fight taking place in June/July, so either way it will be another kebab for you.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61941 on: February 14, 2020, 08:29:50 am »
I think Fury will win but his second round knockout prediction is utter total bollocks. It'll go to the wire.

Yeah, although I think he might just get the KO, he certainly won't blast him out early.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61942 on: February 14, 2020, 10:12:17 am »
No way does pillow-fisted Fury KO Wilder who has never really been rocked throughout his career except for the first Ortiz fight. I do think he cruises to an easy UD victory though, setting up the Joshua fight in *gulp* Saudi Arabia.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61943 on: February 14, 2020, 10:29:28 am »
Watching that documentary, maybe a draw was the best result for Fury. It seems like becoming world champ the first time derailed him mentally as he’d achieved what he’d set out to do. The draw has kept him on the comeback journey. It was interesting to hear his dad have to rein him in before the fight with the German fella. Fury was talking about the after-party rather than the fight. I hope he has some goals and coping mechanisms in place if he does beat Wilder, rather than just going on a bender and seeing it as an anticlimax.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #61944 on: February 14, 2020, 11:06:25 am »
Watching that documentary, maybe a draw was the best result for Fury. It seems like becoming world champ the first time derailed him mentally as he’d achieved what he’d set out to do. The draw has kept him on the comeback journey. It was interesting to hear his dad have to rein him in before the fight with the German fella. Fury was talking about the after-party rather than the fight. I hope he has some goals and coping mechanisms in place if he does beat Wilder, rather than just going on a bender and seeing it as an anticlimax.

There is another two parts to the documentary I saw at the end of the show last night. I really enjoyed that documentary. His wife asks Tyson can I take the Ferrari to the hairdressers and he says why are you being so posh for take your normal car and yet regardless of the money and fame once he had become WC and achieved his goal it led to his depression issues. I hope this time he has better ways to deal with it as the sport is better with him in it as he is such a character that the sport needs.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61945 on: February 14, 2020, 11:26:52 am »
No way does pillow-fisted Fury KO Wilder who has never really been rocked throughout his career except for the first Ortiz fight. I do think he cruises to an easy UD victory though, setting up the Joshua fight in *gulp* Saudi Arabia.

He punched himself out in the 12th last time, I can see him doing the same if Fury survives the shoryuken again.  I don't think he'd have survived another round.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61946 on: February 14, 2020, 01:57:22 pm »
Kebab always at the ready for Big Night fight Fordy lad.  ;D

I think Fury wins by UD it's just the question of when Wilder lands does he recover like he did in the first fight?

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61947 on: February 14, 2020, 03:57:45 pm »
Hearn was on talksport this morning and said he will offer a 50/50 split for a fight with Joshua to the winner of Fury/Wilder.  He said they have both turned down a 60/40 offer  in the past.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61948 on: February 14, 2020, 04:11:45 pm »
It's all talk from Fury regarding the KO. He'll do exactly what he did last time and box his head off, only this time Fury gets stopped in my opinion.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61949 on: February 14, 2020, 04:36:43 pm »
Hearn was on talksport this morning and said he will offer a 50/50 split for a fight with Joshua to the winner of Fury/Wilder.  He said they have both turned down a 60/40 offer  in the past.

Eddie Hearn loves to recycle the same comments. What he said today he said last week and the week before and the week before that.  ;D

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61950 on: February 14, 2020, 04:43:55 pm »
Don’t both of them have guaranteed rematch clauses anyway?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61951 on: February 14, 2020, 04:56:36 pm »
Allegedly, yes. So whoever loses can reactivate the rematch clause if they want. But we know money talks in boxing so who knows what would happen then.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61952 on: February 14, 2020, 05:01:12 pm »
Joshua's not fighting till June anyway so plenty of time for a rematch if they want one.

But they don't always happen.  If someone gets KO'd they'll probably want a couple of comeback fights before getting back in the title mix.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61953 on: February 14, 2020, 08:22:52 pm »
David Allen v Darch being looked into by the gambling commission for fixed fight.

Suspicious betting activity.

*both fighters being looked in to.

Wouldn't be too surprised to be honest, Allen has a big gambling past and now has his own stable to look after.

Also found it weird in all his pre-match interviews that he was making note of not knocking him out and going the full 6. He said it was so the lad he mentors Jay Macfarlane can fight Darch next month but could have just as easilly been to sway betting patterns.

I hope not mind as i actually quite like him.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61954 on: February 14, 2020, 11:17:40 pm »
Wouldn't be too surprised to be honest, Allen has a big gambling past and now has his own stable to look after.

Also found it weird in all his pre-match interviews that he was making note of not knocking him out and going the full 6. He said it was so the lad he mentors Jay Macfarlane can fight Darch next month but could have just as easilly been to sway betting patterns.

I hope not mind as i actually quite like him.

People were calling it out while the fight was on. Most of the money (not much to be fair) on betfair was on round 3 (or whatever the round it actually ended).
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61955 on: February 16, 2020, 07:07:56 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_cEDBLNvz0s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_cEDBLNvz0s</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61956 on: February 16, 2020, 07:44:57 pm »
Still don't know how the fucker got up from that. There's a shot of Wilder when Fury get's up, it's as though he's seen a ghost.  ;D

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #61957 on: February 16, 2020, 08:20:09 pm »

Harold sconiers put him on his arse, the kd was on youtube for a bit before disappearing...he was in big trouble if i remember rightly. Hes also been dropped heavily in sparring by wladimir klit...no shame in any of that but it shows he can be hurt, in fact molina rocked him also so i dont think its a stretch to say that fury can starch him.

Wilders record is like his legs...thin at best. Ortiz his best win but himself was old and untested...wilders team have hardly gone out of thier way to try and unify at any point. It smells of asset protection to me...like they know something we dont.

I agree with result mind you...a better conditioned fury should beat him on points. Got to stay out the way of the straight though.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61958 on: February 17, 2020, 09:53:08 am »
Still don't know how the fucker got up from that. There's a shot of Wilder when Fury get's up, it's as though he's seen a ghost.  ;D

Ref counting to 15 helped ;D

I actually think the punch sends him to sleep but his head bouncing off the canvas wakes him up again, it was mad!

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61959 on: February 17, 2020, 05:53:41 pm »
Ref counting to 15 helped ;D

I actually think the punch sends him to sleep but his head bouncing off the canvas wakes him up again, it was mad!
A bit like Holmes when caught by a Shavers bomb all those years ago!

I've no idea who wins this one, which is great! An early Fury KO is the only thing that would shock me in this fight.