Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 1 - (Luiz 24' Gini 57')  (Read 48423 times)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 1 - (Luiz 24' Gini 57')
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2017, 10:06:39 pm »
Crap performance and anyone blaming the officials because we lacked a game plan and creativity to  beat Chelsea can piss off. Go on I dare you to hide behind the façade that the reason we didn't win tonight was because of shit officiating. I dare you. No it was because we were shit.

Hahaha what?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:04 pm »
Mignolet isn't good enough at all. We need a goalkeeper that can actually play through pressure and Mignolet doesn't seem capable. And for someone with a political science degree, he doesn't seem very intelligent on a football pitch. There was an occasion when there was a fair bit of pressure towards Mignolet's right as he received the ball. But the left side was wide open and a simple sideways pass was on to Milner. Mignolet proceeded to just kick it up the right hand side and lost possession leading to a counter. That's only one example to be honest and it wasn't a particularly difficult ball to the left either. We need better across many areas of the pitch at this rate.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:06 pm »
Good spot by Hoddle who said we're looking for that reverse cross that Spurs scored twice from.

Our last three goals came from crossing too.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:09 pm »
Is it February tomorrow, thank fuck

Thought we were very good tonight, deserved the point could have had 3 could have had none
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:11 pm »
Sorry buy why the fuck was this a decent result, good point etc? Because it was against Chelsea? We were at home and we should have won. A win would have made a huge difference, now City and Utd may get even closer to us.
Yes, because it was against Chelsea.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:19 pm »
Better second half. Thought we looked fucked at the end though. Have to say players gave their all but still lots of silly mistakes and players off form. Thought Henderson did really well. Both Lallana and milner were off the boil. Firminio worked hard but I think the missed chances is the difference between and out and out striker and an attacking forward.

Might have nicked it but so might have they. Chelsea were poor first half and if this was 2 months ago I think we would have gone in at half time winning.

Hopefully it will build a bit of confidence and we can get back to winning ways.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:20 pm »
Decent second half, Henderson excellent. Lovren seemed to be at the centre of every Chelsea chance.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:22 pm »
Crap performance and anyone blaming the officials because we lacked a game plan and creativity to  beat Chelsea can piss off. Go on I dare you to hide behind the façade that the reason we didn't win tonight was because of shit officiating. I dare you. No it was because we were shit.

Really? Thought we done alright second half.
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
Re: Full time Liverpool 1 - 1 Chelsea
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:23 pm »
MOTM: Henderson - Oustanding tonight

The amount of times he snuffed out their breaks down the wings was tremendous, his passing tremendous. Just shows how much we can improve on Can when you see the difference.

A draw would be amazing if we could have won vs Swansea now it seems somewhat pointless (pardon the pun)

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:28 pm »
Would have taken a point given our run. We played much better and looked a bit more of an attacking threat going forward. We have all our players back now so perfect chance to push on form here.

Some negatives though, we were lucky. They created the better chances and had the pen to go 2-1 up. Also Jurgen should have had a talking to for going at the 4th official. We'd be crying for the book to be thrown at another manager so just keeping things objective.

All in all, much better from us and a load of positives now to nail down 2nd place.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:34 pm »
I get the feeling that we've just been deflated over the last month. The team never looked like they believed they could score the winner.

Indeed the team was deflated and what better what to boost them than to add to the squad and bring it a fresh face but oh no.........

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:35 pm »

Put your rod away you berk.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:44 pm »
Good point especially with Arsenal and spurs dropping points it leaves it all very tight, we have no more cups to worry about, just go out and give 100% every week, secure top 4 and see what happens.

Mane back, Coutinho fully fit, Matip getting back to his best.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:44 pm »
Good point in the end, we were much better in the 2nd half, but ran out of steam at the end and was hanging on a bit.
Mignolet made up for his error with that penalty save, which I did think was a pen.  Thought Firmino was lucky to last the 90 mins as both he and particularly Lovren were very poor tonight.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:46 pm »
I get the feeling that we've just been deflated over the last month. The team never looked like they believed they could score the winner.

Yeah, I think they'll be more confident on Saturday, I feel like we're about to go on a very good run.

Online cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:50 pm »
what happened for their goal ?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:52 pm »
You're an idiot. 

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:53 pm »
Sorry buy why the fuck was this a decent result, good point etc? Because it was against Chelsea? We were at home and we should have won. A win would have made a huge difference, now City and Utd may get even closer to us.

Why was it not a decent result?  We just lost three on the bounce against dire fucking opposition.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:54 pm »
Thank you Migs!!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:58 pm »
Oh by the way for all the lovers of the other top 6 sides and there are a few on here.

Arsenal lost to Watford and Spurs drew against Sunderland.

Just to let you c*nts know.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2017, 10:08:13 pm »
God, lot of children/trolls in tonight.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2017, 10:08:14 pm »
Gerrard  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2017, 10:08:22 pm »
We need to get Origi in the side now, with Mane and Coutinho either side.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2017, 10:08:31 pm »
The amount of times he snuffed out their breaks down the wings was tremendous, his passing tremendous. Just shows how much we can improve on Can when you see the difference.

A draw would be amazing if we could have won vs Swansea now it seems somewhat pointless (pardon the pun)

Great ball for the goal as well
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2017, 10:08:37 pm »
We need to get Origi in the side now, with Mane and Coutinho either side.

good god no

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2017, 10:08:40 pm »
Meh... Do not know what on earth Migs was doing for the free kick. That was just stupid. But great save for the penalty. This Chelsea team really isnt that great.Problem is the rest of the league dont feel like doing anything about stopping them. Better performance from us but still a long way to go.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2017, 10:08:44 pm »
A draw against the league leaders (by 9 points) is permissible. It is slightly annoying though but thank god Costa missed that pen - Clattenberg was a fucking joke. Not sure why the refereeing standards have gone to shit all of a sudden.

Our back 4 were all quite horrible. Never seen Matip or Milner play so badly for us before. Wijnaldum decided to show up today instead of when he cowered against Wolves, still think his partnership with Can just doesn't work. Firmino annoyingly inconsistent in front of goal - I know we're a team that spreads the goals across the team and we are the league leaders for goals scored but I just wish he was a more consistent finisher, some of those chances were piss easy that he had today.

On the face of it 4 points against this Chelsea side is great.  If only we didn't roll over to the likes of Swansea, Bournemouth and Sunderland - that's what annoys me most.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:11:27 pm by Malcolm Night »

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2017, 10:08:57 pm »
We still have a slim chance of the title and we're still very much in the race for top four, which was the aim at the start of the season and which is something we all would have taken in August. I can see us finishing anywhere between first and third.

We definitely saw the Champions today, but it wasn't the men in Red. Chelsea were in control - they played like Champions. They're what, 9-10pts clear of everyone? And they even had the luxury to bring on players like Fabregas and Pedro! They'll walk it from here. Would love to see them collapse, and it would need a collapse now, but it's not happening. Our hope was to beat them today, hope Arsenal did them on the weekend, and then we could stare ahead at a run in with our 4 best attackers on the field for the first time since the start of November. But it's gone - we should get Top 4 now, but even that will be competitive with Man City and Utd in the mix for it. Unlike them, we don't have anything but league games to play now - the extra time will hopefully be enough to see it through.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2017, 10:08:57 pm »
Oh by the way for all the lovers of the other top 6 sides and there are a few on here.

Arsenal lost to Watford and Spurs drew against Sunderland.

Just to let you c*nts know.
;D

Exactly. Don't say that too loud though!

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2017, 10:09:01 pm »
I would have taken a point after the dire run we have been on,Clattenberg is a joke of a ref,never a FK and never a penalty.

Lets get back to winning ways in the next game.

Chelsea really are a dire team to watch,5 in defence and 2  defensive holding midfielders who get nosebleeds when they cross the halfway line,sad state of affairs when a boring methodical team with 3 attacking players is coasting the league.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2017, 10:09:04 pm »
Indeed the team was deflated and what better what to boost them than to add to the squad and bring it a fresh face but oh no.........
Calm down dear.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2017, 10:09:11 pm »
I raise this point fully aware that Klopp has forgotten more than I'll ever know about footie but I wish he'd be more aggressive with his substitutions. He leaves it too late to make subs too often in my opinion. What is the point in bringing Origi on in the 90th minute? He should've been on around the 60-70 minute mark, would've preferred Coutinho to remain on as well.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2017, 10:09:30 pm »
Kante 14 tackles  :butt

He totally destroyed us tonight.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2017, 10:09:32 pm »
Kante - what a player. Never really watched much of him but its easy to see why Chelsea have conceded so few and Leicester so many - he performs that role as well as any player I've seen since Makelele.

Other than him though, the rest of them are all cheating pricks  ;D
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2017, 10:09:41 pm »
I thought the goal was a bad one to give away. The wall didn't do its job, no one even jumped. But both teams played well, both had a chance to win it, neither did. This and going to OT are our hardest games out of the way. Lets get a good run in and make sure we clinch top 4. 
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2017, 10:10:01 pm »
Mark Clattenberg again, playing tot he crowd, the TV crowd, soft on Chelsea, stupid on Liverpool. Calling a player wrongly offside then booking Henderson for not respecting his autoritae was shit. Soft free for their first, soft penalty... get to fuck.

30 seconds to go when the plastics brought their last sub on, the elephant man took a minute to wander off, Clattenburg then finished the game after 15 seconds.  Have the rules changed?
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2017, 10:10:01 pm »
Thought Klopp could of brought on Origi a bit sooner than the 89min, don't really see the point in giving a player 4 mins, bit of a strange call from him.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2017, 10:10:03 pm »
Well done Reds, showed good character second half and probably should've won. Thought Matip and Lovren were terrible myself, lost count how many times they gave the ball away but the midfield did very well. Coutinho still isn't Coutinho yet, Mane is back and Firmino can't keep playing like this for much longer, so let's go and smash Hull and officially get our season back on track.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2017, 10:10:10 pm »

Interesting coming from you.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2017, 10:10:13 pm »

Usually is when we don't win, some here don't come to the full time threads when we win.