Author Topic: FT Argyle 0 - Liverpool 1 (Lucas 18')  (Read 22642 times)

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FT Argyle 0 - Liverpool 1 (Lucas 18')
« Reply #320 on: January 19, 2017, 01:56:16 pm »
He's Lucas Leiva, he'll score when he wants.

And if thats every 7 years then so fucking be it.

Really enjoyed the game. It was good watching the youngsters play so well up against some seasoned adults. Seeing Wilson/Woodburn up against the likes of Bradley and that other centre half shows that physically, no matter what training they have received, they are still boys against men. And these men have been around a bit in a very very hard and physical set of leagues, and have learned all the tricks over the years.

A great showing of maturity by the youngsters.

Not too sure about the senior players though. If you take no ages into consideration then Sturridge, Origi, and Moreno were probably the worst players in the team. To be fair that might be because we automatically expect more from them and they were in a strange team compared to what they're used to.

Nice little cameo from Phil but it just seemed like a vehicle for him to get some fitness in really.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #321 on: January 19, 2017, 02:32:34 pm »
He's Lucas Leiva, he'll score when he wants.

And if thats every 7 years then so fucking be it.
He scores every week.....in training ;D :wave

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2017, 02:54:40 pm »
Nothing too embarassing with only 1-0 after 180 minutes vs Plymouth, but it's not like the kids are banging on the door to the first team either. There has been some ridculuous arguments that Klopp should use the kids more in the league, but I think these games have shown that they need some time.

TAA did very well, although Clyne is still better.

Gomez was pretty awful honestly, but over a year of injuries is a pretty solid excuse and he was good before that.

Stewart should move on , for his own sake. He's 23 and still hasn't played a stretch of important games for any club. He should reboot his career at lower level. The DM role must be learned on the field. 

Sturridge worries me. I'm not writing him off, but it's harder and harder to be optimistic.
I like Stewart, he's a solid back up.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2017, 03:17:26 pm »
I like Stewart, he's a solid back up.

So do I.

Easy to take for granted our holding midfielder in Klopp's system (I'm not comparing Henderson and Stewart before anyone jumps down my throat), especially when we domiante possession like we did in these two games. But it was Stewart and our fullbacks winning us the ball back, cutting out passes, keeping their players away from danger most of the match. Stewart even allowed himself to receive a couple of Hamann type fouls too, which always helps when closing out games

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2017, 03:45:49 pm »
I thought Gomez looked great at times but he also struggled at times.  He made a couple of basic mistakes but he's been out for a long time so there is certainly no need to panic about it.   

Added to which how many senior games did he play before his injury so it's not like he has years of experience to fall back on while he works his way back to match fitness.

Offline GreenPete

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: January 19, 2017, 04:12:57 pm »
Hi guys, long time Argyle fan here and love this forum for footy news, and not a day goes by without reading 'Media and Arts'
Was there for the Anfield game and in my season ticket seat at Home Park and absolutely loved the occasion. 
Was mega proud with the guys performances over the two games especially that none of the players cost a penny and not so long ago when administrators were lurking around and players were leaving (Bolasie left for 20k) we were getting beat in The FA Cup by teams like Stourbridge and Dorchester town so getting a draw at Anfield was amazing.
Unfortunately everyone in the city wanted tickets for this and with this the Janner armchair Man utd fans etc wanted one and i wouldn't be surprised if some of those plebs and a few gormless Argyle fans booed YNWA after the minutes applause, i can assure you where i was (other than one or 2) there was no booing, quite a few of us even clapped off Coutinho after he came off.
 If you go on our Argyle website (PASOTI) then quite a few of us have shown our disapproval. I can assure you guys that the way you treated us home and away won't be forgotten.
All the best for the season guys and hope you win the cup. :)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #326 on: January 19, 2017, 04:17:15 pm »
Hi guys, long time Argyle fan here and love this forum for footy news, and not a day goes by without reading 'Media and Arts'
Was there for the Anfield game and in my season ticket seat at Home Park and absolutely loved the occasion. 
Was mega proud with the guys performances over the two games especially that none of the players cost a penny and not so long ago when administrators were lurking around and players were leaving (Bolasie left for 20k) we were getting beat in The FA Cup by teams like Stourbridge and Dorchester town so getting a draw at Anfield was amazing.
Unfortunately everyone in the city wanted tickets for this and with this the Janner armchair Man utd fans etc wanted one and i wouldn't be surprised if some of those plebs and a few gormless Argyle fans booed YNWA after the minutes applause, i can assure you where i was (other than one or 2) there was no booing, quite a few of us even clapped off Coutinho after he came off.
 If you go on our Argyle website (PASOTI) then quite a few of us have shown our disapproval. I can assure you guys that the way you treated us home and away won't be forgotten.

8)  That's cool. And yeah, can fully unerstand for these types of matches, you'll always get a load in who don't usually go to games.

All the best to your team too Pete, here's to them getting promoted, looking very positive for sure.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #327 on: January 19, 2017, 04:49:21 pm »

Christ, that's gotta be some sort of record in the cup at least!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #328 on: January 19, 2017, 04:53:57 pm »

All the best mate. Your team did well. The numbers you took to Anfield were great and great support.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: January 19, 2017, 05:09:35 pm »
8)  That's cool. And yeah, can fully unerstand for these types of matches, you'll always get a load in who don't usually go to games.

All the best to your team too Pete, here's to them getting promoted, looking very positive for sure.

That's the real Plymouth speaking. Thanks for posting.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2017, 05:10:21 pm »

This.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #331 on: January 19, 2017, 05:14:13 pm »

Nice post mate.  8)

Closet Mancs all over the country it's not the first time they've pulled off a stunt like this.

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #332 on: January 19, 2017, 05:25:40 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.  Good to know that there are some sound people amongst you.  Feedback from the Anfield leg about your away group was generally positive which is why people were taken aback by the poor showing at your ground. 

Cheers. 
Job done,as simple as that.

It was a better game than the first but still very dull.
Would have been good to see the lads be a bit braver on the ball,some neat & tidy football at times..sideways.
Some uninspiring performances out there last night,can expect and accept it tho with the blend of youth & senior players not having much game time together.
TAA stole the show,some sloppy passes early on but grew into the game,put in a solid performance to take Motm.
Phil is Phil..perfect game to build his match fitness.
Lost that bit of affinity with their fans when they resorted to the Gerrard song & did they boo YNWA sang after 25mins?
Sounded like they did,very poor if so on their behalf considering what it was sung for.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #333 on: January 19, 2017, 06:44:04 pm »

Nice one and good luck
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #334 on: January 19, 2017, 08:45:34 pm »

Top man, good to get the perspective of a loyal fan :thumbup

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #335 on: January 20, 2017, 03:26:23 am »
I watched the second half of the game, again.
In my own personal opinion, its quite hard to blame Sturridge and Origi also, for not scoring more when Plymouth backline set up a camp in the their half...
Maybe the strikers could find a turn, dribble, sharp angle or whatever but its fuckin crowded there sometimes. Like a herd of sperms inside semen.
Dear God we could even being dragged to extra time if not Karius who had pushed out Graham Carey's well-struck drive... He saved us.

p/s: Yea I admit in my heart earlier I was blaming both Sturridge and Origi (for not running and sometimes... effort)
but when I rewatched the game, the happiness appeared when I saw Trent, Woodburn and Ojo were playing.  :)
And the captain scored the winning, important goal. THE CAPTAIN!!!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:28:37 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #336 on: January 20, 2017, 03:42:37 am »
Maybe the strikers could find a turn, dribble, sharp angle or whatever but its fuckin crowded there sometimes. Like a herd of sperms inside semen.

Love it!  SabuPundit - is that you?  That's a pretty amazing comparison!
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #337 on: January 20, 2017, 04:46:00 am »

Stewart should move on, for his own sake. He's 23 and still hasn't played a stretch of important games for any club. He should reboot his career at lower level. The DM role must be learned on the field. 

Quite possibly one of the stupidest things i've read on this forum.  He got released by Spurs and picked up for our reserve team, one of the best managers in the world has come into one of the biggest clubs in the world, called you up to the first team, is playing you in both league and cup matches and has handed you a new contract.

Sod that, I want off to Shrewsbury Town please gaffer. I'll have some of what you are on please mate.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #338 on: January 20, 2017, 08:22:36 am »
Surely klopp instructed the lads to play conservative football? Sideways and keeping possession avoids risky counter attacks, frustrates the home fans and tires their players. Not exciting, but given the inexeperience of the team probably the best game plan.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2017, 10:31:12 am »
Quite possibly one of the stupidest things i've read on this forum.  He got released by Spurs and picked up for our reserve team, one of the best managers in the world has come into one of the biggest clubs in the world, called you up to the first team, is playing you in both league and cup matches and has handed you a new contract.

Sod that, I want off to Shrewsbury Town please gaffer. I'll have some of what you are on please mate.

:)

If Kev does move on, I have no doubt it will be to a Premier League club or promotion challenging Championship club as a starting DM.

As you say though, Stewart must be on cloud 9 at the moment with the way things are going and being trusted by Klopp to hold the fort in the cup games.

I'm sure when he looks at his pay packet each week he will be quite happy too.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #340 on: January 20, 2017, 10:58:58 am »
The hardwork starts now: http://intothemreds.com/outside-the-box/the-hard-work-starts-now/

After the FA Cup replay against Plymouth Argyle at Home Park, our captivating manager had a strong message he wanted to send out to our kids. He voiced his approval concerning them getting the club through to the next round, but also warned them that they must keep working hard (listening and learning from him and his coaching staff) and disregard anything that is written or spoken about them in the media.

On the performance of his young side, Klopp had the following to say.

“I saw a lot of really good things but they still have to learn. We are not here to celebrate each single performance of our young players. That’s what we expect – that’s why they play. Then they need to be ready for getting criticised. I don’t care what you (the media) say. But it’s important they listen to what we have to say. It was tough again, but we did better than Anfield in the right moments. There were a lot of challenges for the young players. We were playing live on television against a fourth division team and everybody thinks you are three or four classes better.”

The game itself wasn’t exactly a classic and it will be quickly forgotten by the fans. Most significantly we are through to the next round, with a home tie against Wolves waiting for us. It took a headed goal from our cult protagonist Lucas Leiva to finish off the League Two side. His first goal in seven years for the club, although he did amusingly inform us all that he had scored a goal in training just the other day. Since coming in from Brazil, Lucas has embraced everything good about the city and has become one of us. He may not be the most capable player in our ranks, but he is a valuable asset who clearly brings players together and helps improve squad morale. A model professional who is definitely a role model for some of the younger players who are striving to make it in the game.

We named a stronger side last night, than the one that played at Anfield in the first game of Attack vs. Defence. Klopp opting to start with Sturridge, Origi and Coutinho to hopefully kill the tie early doors. It was clear that Coutinho made a positive impact and was a creative spark for the side. Although it must be noted he was the only one on the pitch who looked like he could unlock a defence. Everyone else seemed void of ideas and there was a lot of passing for passing sake. Kevin Stewart and big Ovie Ejaria were prime example of this, with lots of their passing going backwards on the night. Origi and Sturridge (who are essentially in competition with each other for one vacant spot in our first team) were not at the races, when they did receive the ball they did little with it and could have shown more willing. They made it too easy for the League Two side’s defenders, who have probably faced sterner tests in their own league. It’s probably best I don’t mention Origi’s penalty, as it was very poor and pretty much summed up his night. Other notable players who have consistently been involved our first team squad this season were Moreno and Karius. The Spanish full back doesn’t have a future at the club, as he is positionally inept and will cost you goals against decent opposition. He left huge gaps in his left back area last night and the two main chances Plymouth had come down his side. One fortunately blocked and the other striking the outside of the post. As for Karius he looked a bit more promising than the Spaniard. Quick off his line, coming out for a lot of balls in his area and only really one issue of note, when he got his position wrong and then had the ball slapped out of his hand by their striker. He’s a good back up option for now.

Looking more closely at the less experienced and younger players, I can’t say that any of them stood out too much. I know we are all hoping for the next Gerrard or Fowler to break through the ranks, but I have yet to see anyone with that level of natural talent. However it must be said, they are kids and they are still learning the game. They faced an experienced Plymouth side and kept the ball well for large parts. Woodburn showing his versatility to move back into midfield from up front, and his maturity on the ball in keeping possession when under pressure. Ejaria showing some glimpses of the skill he possesses and his close control & quick feet. Stewart, who reminds me a little bit of Jay Spearing, showing his defensive capabilities but offering very little else. Alexander-Arnold showing he is a comfortable full back who likes to keep it simple. Gomez with another 90 minutes under his belt and looking fitter and stronger all the time. Wilson coming on and having some encouraging runs down both flanks and mixing it up through the middle. And Ojo showing how direct he can be by getting past his man and looking to deliver a dangerous ball into the box.

I feel under Klopp all of the above mentioned youngsters are likely to massively improve, and will undeniably gain something from this positive experience. It is up to them now to knuckle down and listen closely to the words of encouragement from both Jurgen and his staff. But, if they let the encouragement get to their heads and get too big for their own boots, they will not go on to reach their potential. Good thing is our manager likes to keep players grounded and this is a fantastic place for them to be nurtured in the correct way.

I have to admit that post was a little negative, considering we won the game last night. So I will leave you with this. The treble is still on