Author Topic: Ojo  (Read 57177 times)

Offline The Corinth

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ojo
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2016, 11:13:35 pm »
I'm hoping this means he won't be loaned out, I think he's good enough to have a role to play here this season.  Probably the only player in the first-team who offers the same power and pace out wide as Mane, with more experience he'll be a star here.

Defo first team potential. He's the only natural left-sided forward in and around the first team. Place looks there for the taking if he keeps progressing.

No way he'll be loaned out now, with a serious injury. We shouldn't be loaning anyone we need to keep an eye on for medical reasons. Same goes for Ings (or Joe Gomez). Loaning him out would be mental and I don't believe a word of it.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #161 on: September 8, 2016, 10:11:29 am »
Is Ojo due back this week from injury?

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #162 on: September 8, 2016, 03:17:29 pm »
Afraid not. Mentioned by Klopp as one not ready to train with the group still.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2016, 01:55:44 pm »
I'm hoping this means he won't be loaned out, I think he's good enough to have a role to play here this season.  Probably the only player in the first-team who offers the same power and pace out wide as Mane, with more experience he'll be a star here.
For power and pace alone he should be kept as you say. Still not convinced about his other attributes it will be interesting to see more of him for the first team.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2016, 10:02:54 pm »
Scan showed good news today and will be back training this week, according to his instagram!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2016, 10:11:01 pm »
Great news....

Can he now kick on a level?

He had the raw talent, if he can take notes from Mané and the way he plays, we could have a very dangerous player on our hands..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2016, 10:25:48 pm »
We certainly have the right manager to nuture and get the most out of him, think he could complement the squad nicely, as apart from Mane, no one else has his power and trickery.  Exciting times ahead I feel!

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2016, 10:38:02 pm »
Anybody know when we might be seeing Ojo again?
I thought he was back in training a couple of weeks ago.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2016, 12:05:20 am »
Anybody know when we might be seeing Ojo again?
I thought he was back in training a couple of weeks ago.

Nov 1 - Jurgen Klopp has been handed a major fitness boost after Liverpool youngster Sheyi Ojo returned to light training following an extended injury lay-off this week.

Nov 14 - Sheyi Ojo returns to full training as Liverpool begin preparations for Southampton clash & Sheyi Ojo ‏@sheyi_ojo  Nov 14 Training pic with the boys😇 @LFC

Maybe he'll get some minutes tomorrow

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2016, 08:45:18 am »
Nov 1 - Jurgen Klopp has been handed a major fitness boost after Liverpool youngster Sheyi Ojo returned to light training following an extended injury lay-off this week.

Nov 14 - Sheyi Ojo returns to full training as Liverpool begin preparations for Southampton clash & Sheyi Ojo ‏@sheyi_ojo  Nov 14 Training pic with the boys😇 @LFC

Maybe he'll get some minutes tomorrow
Cheers for digging those out. If he's been in full training for a couple of weeks, he might be ready I guess.
Although he hasn't featured at all for the under23s.

We could really do with him back!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2016, 09:23:30 am »
Good to see him back in training, but can't seem him playing for the first team until he gets some minutes under his belt for the U23's.
Unless Klopp thinks he can provide an option on the bench.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 09:25:07 am by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2016, 04:27:28 pm »
Training today at Melwood.
Hope he's ready to play a part soon!

Anyone got any idea why he's not had any minutes for the Under23s yet?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 04:36:10 pm by : »

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2016, 05:22:36 pm »
I can imagine after an injury like his that they want to run him through a significant amount of training before letting him loose in a match. Just a matter of making sure he's 100% up to it.
Hopefully he can make an impact soon, He's had a bit of a stop-start career with us and he looked like he was knocking on the first team door before he was injured this last time. Would love to see him stay fit and make the next step.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2016, 05:30:15 pm »
He's probably the youngster I'm most excited about, can't wait to get him back in the team.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2016, 05:52:10 pm »
Sounds like he now has about 1 month of training at various levels under his belt.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2016, 06:20:36 pm »
There is some serious talent in this boy. Hope he comes back strong.

Offline The Mule

• Kalgan's finest
  • Kopite
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2016, 09:25:42 pm »
Training today at Melwood.
Hope he's ready to play a part soon!

Anyone got any idea why he's not had any minutes for the Under23s yet?

He looks so much like Woodburn, they could be twins!
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2016, 09:30:27 pm »
He looks so much like Woodburn, they could be twins!
you reckon? I dunno, they're right next to each other in that photo and he looks totally different to me

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2016, 09:33:15 pm »
I was only asking after him yesterday after seeing all the young ones playing. Great news.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline The Mule

• Kalgan's finest
  • Kopite
« Reply #179 on: November 30, 2016, 09:35:50 pm »
you reckon? I dunno, they're right next to each other in that photo and he looks totally different to me

Buzz Killington over here
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 2, 2016, 02:00:12 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 2, 2016, 02:02:49 pm »
Looks like we'll be seeing him for the Under23s soon.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ojo-cleared-liverpool-action-again-12263156

downside is that it doesn't look like he will be able to contribute to the first team for several weeks - and just speculating - he could be getting prepared to help once Mane goes to the AFCON

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2017, 11:42:04 pm »
I thought his entrance into the Plymouth match sparked our attack.

At the beginning of the season I thought he would be the understudy to Mane and a possible mane replacement while he is away. I wonder if he will get some match time this month?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2017, 11:43:02 pm »
Always looks a lot more threatening on his natural side than when he plays on the right to me. Seems to be more comfortable taking players on the outside

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2017, 12:10:16 am »
He was very good and his limited cameo

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2017, 07:57:59 am »
When he came on, you could see klopp shouting at him to take on the full back... worked too
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2017, 09:54:02 am »
Should have started.

Should be on loan if we aren't starting him in games like that.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2017, 09:58:26 am »
Strange that he hasn't been in the first team squad more often, and starting the cup games. Also that he wasn't at his sharpest in the first game but seems to be gaining sharpness.

Its almost like he's been injured a lot this season. Weird.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2017, 11:25:46 am »
Should have started.

Should be on loan if we aren't starting him in games like that.

???

Klopp: "For example, I liked the reaction of Ojo, maybe everybody expected him to play but I wasn't too happy with one or two things."

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2017, 11:27:16 am »
Strange that he hasn't been in the first team squad more often, and starting the cup games. Also that he wasn't at his sharpest in the first game but seems to be gaining sharpness.

Its almost like he's been injured a lot this season. Weird.

We know he was injured - a long time ago.

He has played lots of football since then.

Weird for you to bring up an injury when he has played plenty of football since for the U23s and our first team since.

Yes Jurgen, I did expect him to start, I think he should have over Origi.

I think young players need games or they stagnate.  Ojo would be better off on loan, if we aren't going to start him in games like last night.  If you disagree, that's fine.  But I think I am entitled to make an opinion without a snide reply such as the above El Lobo.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2017, 11:28:29 am »
???

Klopp: "For example, I liked the reaction of Ojo, maybe everybody expected him to play but I wasn't too happy with one or two things."

I took that to mean he wasn't happy with the team shape/set up in the first leg, so wanted to change it for this one? I don't think he meant he was unhappy at Ojo :/

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2017, 11:31:09 am »
I took that to mean he wasn't happy with the team shape/set up in the first leg, so wanted to change it for this one? I don't think he meant he was unhappy at Ojo :/
Yes I think the same. I was just replying to the poster saying he should go out on loan because he didn't start (even though he started the first leg), and even Klopp gave a reason why he didn't start.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2017, 11:35:19 am »
Yes I think the same. I was just replying to the poster saying he should go out on loan because he didn't start (even though he started the first leg), and even Klopp gave a reason why he didn't start.

I didn't like Klopps reason. 

I also still think Klopp made the wrong decision.

I still think if he doesn't play in these types of games, he should be on loan playing regular games and improving.  Klopp has said it himself the U23s in not the standard required and that's why he has loaned more players than he likes to do to give them better experience.

Love Klopp, agree with 99% of his decisions.  But don't agree with this one, sorry.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2017, 11:43:48 am »

Weird for you to bring up an injury when he has played plenty of football since for the U23s and our first team since.

I'm pretty sure he's only played half a dozen times at most since recovering from his back problem.

Last night was the first time he's looked anything like the same player he was up until his recent injuries. The latest one has seen him miss the entire pre-season and the first 4 months of the season.

I may be mistaken but I don't think he began light training until late November and full training mid-December. So it's barely a month of proper games if I've got the dates right.

As it is Kloppie was clearly delighted with what he showed in his 15 minute cameo and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench this Saturday as he offers our only source of real pace from the bench..
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:49:57 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2017, 11:46:12 am »
Kloppo on Ojo's performance last night, and why he didn't start the game:

“For example, I liked the reaction of Ojo,” added the German.

“Maybe everybody expected him to play (at Plymouth). But I wasn't too happy with one or two things.

“I thought he made a big difference when he came on with his speed and his sharpness. He is a wonderful player but without sharpness it is nothing.

“I am happy about their potential and we will do whatever we can to let it grow, if you want.”

Hope he doesn't go on loan, he'll learn far more with the coaches here over the next few months, being as he's missed out on half a season of development this year cos of his injury. 

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2017, 11:47:39 am »
I'm pretty sure he's only played half a dozen times at most since recovering from his back problem.

Yep, still enough to start though IMO.

Anyway, I've made my point.  Seems I'm in the minority.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2017, 11:48:20 am »

Yes Jurgen, I did expect him to start, I think he should have over Origi.

I think young players need games or they stagnate.  Ojo would be better off on loan, if we aren't going to start him in games like last night.  If you disagree, that's fine.  But I think I am entitled to make an opinion without a snide reply such as the above El Lobo.

He's played twice for the first team this season, both off the bench, both against Plymouth. He fractured his back and wasn't even training until November/December time if I remember correctly. He's a kid, its going to take him longer to recover from injuries and get himself back to a level he was before, it doesn't mean we need to start making drastic conclusions about the manager not fancying him, or needing to be out on loan. This is exactly the problem we've had in the past, building up players and then becoming frustrated that they're not involved more, or not out on loan smashing up the Championship.

The manager has said himself he'd rather keep youngsters around the squad working at Melwood than loaning them out, there you go. Maybe look at the bigger picture  :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2017, 11:51:20 am »
He's played twice for the first team this season, both off the bench, both against Plymouth. He fractured his back and wasn't even training until November/December time if I remember correctly. He's a kid, its going to take him longer to recover from injuries and get himself back to a level he was before, it doesn't mean we need to start making drastic conclusions about the manager not fancying him, or needing to be out on loan. This is exactly the problem we've had in the past, building up players and then becoming frustrated that they're not involved more, or not out on loan smashing up the Championship.

The manager has said himself he'd rather keep youngsters around the squad working at Melwood than loaning them out, there you go. Maybe look at the bigger picture  :)

I thought I'd recalled it correctly.

:)

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2017, 11:55:03 am »
it doesn't mean we need to start making drastic conclusions about the manager not fancying him, or needing to be out on loan. This is exactly the problem we've had in the past, building up players and then becoming frustrated that they're not involved more, or not out on loan smashing up the Championship.

I have not suggested this.  So not sure where you have got that from.  :o

The manager did say he likes to keep all the young players together to grow.  He then said, he thought the U23 league would be stronger than he first thought and he changed that opinion by saying sometimes he has to give players loans to give them better competition and play at higher level.  Hence why we have a fair few players on loan now.

I suspect he hasn't loaned him because Mane is away and if we get another injury or two we'd look fairly thin in the attacking roles.  However when Mane comes back, I wouldn't be surprised if he went on loan.

I'd have started him over Origi.  Think it would have looked more balanced in the attacking three, given Ojo more experience and a boost to his confidence.  Klopp disagreed, that's fine - he's got to make these tough decisions.  But I think I am entitled to disagree with it.

But please don't suggest I have said he doesn't rate Ojo, as I have not said anything like that.  I said if he doesn't start matches like last night he should be on loan IMO. You disagree - fine.  Just don't see the need for the rubbish about his injury etc.  It's not relevant, as he's been fit for a fair while now and wasn't the reason why Klopp didn't start him.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2017, 11:58:28 am »
I thought I'd recalled it correctly.

:)

yeah, he returned to training 14th of November. And I think he played his first game of the season for the U23s in early December.