Author Topic: Ticket website gripes and suggestions  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Ticket website gripes and suggestions
« on: September 13, 2022, 02:44:52 pm »
This is popping up in all manner of threads and if LFC staff do read  :wave, then we can keep it all together for them to find more easily.

So.

Key things from other threads people have been moaning about lately.

- having a login to enter the pre-queue/waiting room
- people getting round the queue using [insert method]
- that there's been no pre-queue/waiting room for the last few sales.

Anything else?

Keep the discussion in here please, cos there's so many unrelated tangent discussions about it in other threads and it just goes round in circles.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
Re: Ticket website gripes and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 02:50:11 pm »

You should be able to see what credits/eligibility you have for each competition for this season. Logically it would be in the My Account section and would tally with History. It would resolve the confusion around whether a seat you've purchased carries a credit and whether you've done enough to be 13+ or 4+ for the following year.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 04:09:01 pm »
I still think all ticket sales should be a ballot, with unsuccessful people put onto a waiting list for returns.

Puts everyone on equal footing, and saves a lot of messing about with the website and queuing etc. at 8am.

Offline Kls89

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 04:38:19 pm »
I still think all ticket sales should be a ballot, with unsuccessful people put onto a waiting list for returns.

Puts everyone on equal footing, and saves a lot of messing about with the website and queuing etc. at 8am.

I second this, best solution I’ve seen so far. I’d rather be unsuccessful via a fair ballot than sit in a queue at 8am with no chance of getting tickets as others have cheated the system and bypassed the queue.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 05:47:24 pm »
Maybe an unpopular one here but do away with the barcode.
YNWA

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 06:17:33 pm »
Go back to allowing you to assign all tickets in your basket, and then clicking an Update button.  I.e. do away with the excruciatingly slow dynamic updates.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 06:28:40 pm by MKB »

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 06:19:33 pm »
Get saved credit cards working consistently.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 06:22:03 pm »
Tag credit card fields correctly, so that when you select a cc from your Google account, all fields are populated, not just the credit card number.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 06:25:50 pm »
Redraw online seating blocks so that their boundaries follow aisles and common prices.

Currently, you could have two adjacent seats available, but one is in one block, and the other is in another block.

Some blocks in Upper Main cover three prices, and you don't know what they are until you basket them.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 06:31:37 pm by MKB »

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2022, 06:27:24 pm »
Ensure that away games appear at 0815 for all eligible fans, not four minutes later for some.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 06:33:22 pm »
Introduce a more granular loyalty system, and allow those who actually attend most games to have first dibs on seats.

For example, attending a midweek game against third-rate opposition should get you more loyalty points than playing against a title challenger.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 06:35:46 pm by MKB »

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 08:22:57 pm »
A counter on your account with you’re current credit status. Surely not difficult to see where you stand
YNWA

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2022, 12:32:23 am »
That stupid fucking sold out pop-up box while refreshing the stadium. Drives me insane and it’s nothing but a pointless, useless hindrance to an already painful task

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2022, 12:42:09 am »
Need to be able to select a pair of tickets and not have it revert to one ticket each time you refresh
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline 205mob

• Main Stander
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2022, 02:44:12 am »
Actually locking the change address section so members who don’t have an L postcode can change to L postcode and go into the local sale, fan update would filter them out.

Actually been grey the sales after that bypass been patched managed to get the 2 nephews in for every game upto know, all tickets have been STH seats also,  which they aren’t fussed about anyway just being in there is good enough for them.

So well done to the office, the only one ye getting from me like ha

There is no login for pre queue, the pre queue is for everyone who enters the page from 30 mins-2hrs before from depending on what they set it to. Everyone in the pre queue with be given random queue numbers, everyone who enters the queue after the sale start sill be FIFO I believe. Everything is on the queue-it sites for you to read.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 08:17:36 am »
Need to be able to select a pair of tickets and not have it revert to one ticket each time you refresh

Absolutely agree with this one. Vital seconds are lost having to change the counter to 2 after each refresh.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2022, 08:17:52 am »
There is no login for pre queue, the pre queue is for everyone who enters the page from 30 mins-2hrs before from depending on what they set it to. Everyone in the pre queue with be given random queue numbers, everyone who enters the queue after the sale start sill be FIFO I believe. Everything is on the queue-it sites for you to read.

No, but there could be - https://queue-it.com/bad-bot-protection/

A fair few from the other thread suggested they'd prefer it, one session per account.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2022, 10:01:55 am »
everyone will mysteriously have a 100 person F&F if they did a pre-login  ;D
YNWA.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2022, 10:34:16 am »
Having to select each game individually during the bulk sale is unnecessarily time consuming, you should have the option to select multiple games.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 10:41:31 am by DangerScouse »

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2022, 10:45:44 am »
Don’t know how or if it could be implemented but IF a seat you select is available for every game you should be asked to add the same seat for each game in the bulk sales.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2022, 10:46:32 am »
before we could select away and home games by period when in the history section of your account, that helped find out which credits you had.

they could developpe that again and make it better with all competitions home and away !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2022, 10:56:20 am »
before we could select away and home games by period when in the history section of your account, that helped find out which credits you had.

they could developpe that again and make it better with all competitions home and away !

Yes, this. Also have a filter by competition to see what credits you have in the league cup etc. Just adding an extra column with competition would help.

Sometimes they add it to the Event title with brackets at the end, e.g: Arsenal v Liverpool (EFL)
But even this is not consistent. e.g: 2 different events for "Norwich v Liverpool" at the start of the season. Only way to know one is the league cup, is if you know the fixture dates.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2022, 12:12:15 pm »
the most pertinent issues imo:

1. actually remember to close the site
2. people with seatmaps are at an advantage - it's unfair on non-guaranteed sales
3. stop the queue for a queue thing they've tried
4. history needs to include a credit counter or easier way to filter. it should also be ordered by match date as it seems to be randomised for me. also key info like the competition should be viewable.
5. every time you end up changing names in your basket it shouldn't refresh and have a loading wheel
6. they need to soften the 406 IP ban. if you press 'choose seat for me' a couple of times in a few seconds it seems to just ban me now (i've tried multiple IPs/devices and same outcome)
7. stop overcomplicating things overall
YNWA.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2022, 01:44:37 pm »
the most pertinent issues imo:

1. actually remember to close the site
2. people with seatmaps are at an advantage - it's unfair on non-guaranteed sales
3. stop the queue for a queue thing they've tried
4. history needs to include a credit counter or easier way to filter. it should also be ordered by match date as it seems to be randomised for me. also key info like the competition should be viewable.
5. every time you end up changing names in your basket it shouldn't refresh and have a loading wheel
6. they need to soften the 406 IP ban. if you press 'choose seat for me' a couple of times in a few seconds it seems to just ban me now (i've tried multiple IPs/devices and same outcome)
7. stop overcomplicating things overall

The seatmap thing isn't a secret that only a select few have. You only need to take a look at a couple of them to work out what the next one is. Opposition, date, time is all you need.

What they need to do is identify anyone that has used a queue workaround and ban them.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2022, 01:51:58 pm »
The seatmap thing isn't a secret that only a select few have. You only need to take a look at a couple of them to work out what the next one is. Opposition, date, time is all you need.

What they need to do is identify anyone that has used a queue workaround and ban them.
Shouldn't be any bans from people queue jumping this season or last would be a terrible decision, even if they thought about it I don’t think they actually could but could see something change from next season onwards.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 01:54:57 pm by James_1906 »

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2022, 02:38:40 pm »
Shouldn't be any bans from people queue jumping this season or last would be a terrible decision, even if they thought about it I don’t think they actually could but could see something change from next season onwards.

If the club are capable of tracking this now then issue a warning and issue bans for future transgressions. No need to wait till next season if everyone is now forewarned.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2022, 02:40:59 pm »
If the club are capable of tracking this now then issue a warning and issue bans for future transgressions. No need to wait till next season if everyone is now forewarned.
Supposedly queue-it should have all of this data. Plus a look at transaction times, if the same people are managing to check out at say 8.16am every sale then its a pretty good indicator.
YNWA

Offline BigRed07

• Main Stander
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2022, 03:29:56 pm »

Not really fair on those that have built up credits over the last 16 years or longer. I get there’s new fans that wouldn’t have been old enough to buy games back then. But a lot of graft has been put in building up credits and to think that would be wiped out is crazy.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2022, 03:36:34 pm »
Not really fair on those that have built up credits over the last 16 years or longer. I get there’s new fans that wouldn’t have been old enough to buy games back then. But a lot of graft has been put in building up credits and to think that would be wiped out is crazy.

Think he means general sales?

Offline BigRed07

• Main Stander
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2022, 03:53:06 pm »
Fair enough, I thought that’s what they did, members on 13+ then ballot everyone else.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2022, 05:13:06 pm »
It would be a terrible idea to ballot everyone / every ticket other than the 13+ club. How would anyone be able to ever get into that group if it was completely balloted?
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2022, 05:14:16 pm »
It would be a terrible idea to ballot everyone / every ticket other than the 13+ club. How would anyone be able to ever get into that group if it was completely balloted?
to be honest the ship has sailed now with the ST returns which make up the vast majority of returns
YNWA

Offline loveisreal

• manloveisrealtoo. Takin' Bascombe to taskombe.
  • Kopite
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2022, 05:21:29 pm »
not having easily predicatable urls for each game and area of the stadium - i'm sure this has worked in favour of the workarounds and if there was a way to have a unique seatmap url for each new sale it would make it harder for them

nothing having 0s or Os in the capatchas! despite being a human i really struggle with them and it's maddening

as others have said, limit L sales to people who live in Liverpool and do some kind of fan ID pre-requisite.

also the checking the credits you have already is massive.

pre-login for queues pls!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2022, 05:47:06 pm »

https://queue-it.com/developers/bots-abuse-management/

They consider using multiple sessions as a workaround, it's listed there with cookie sharing and request blocking. So, that's banning... everyone? ;D

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2022, 05:56:15 pm »

not everyone is tech savvy enough to figure out the seatmap thing, especially for away sales. it's giving certain people an advantage, just like queue bypassers.
YNWA.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2022, 07:09:24 pm »

What? So for those that have built up loyalty and have barely missed a game in years, in a ballot with newbies? Great idea  ::)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Pinehurst Alan

• Main Stander
  • Cup Regular. 4+ games.
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2022, 07:46:19 pm »
What? So for those that have built up loyalty and have barely missed a game in years, in a ballot with newbies? Great idea  ::)

I've been going for 18 years consistently- 4+ games a year- member of the PTS (remember that) and literally for the first time ever have been denied a ticket to a single home league game due to the stupid ballot system- despite having 4+ credits from 18/19 and 19/20.  I went to every single UCL home game last year as well as the final and am still scrapping for tickets for that this year.

No you can sack ballots right off.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2022, 08:54:27 pm »
I've been going for 18 years consistently- 4+ games a year- member of the PTS (remember that) and literally for the first time ever have been denied a ticket to a single home league game due to the stupid ballot system- despite having 4+ credits from 18/19 and 19/20.  I went to every single UCL home game last year as well as the final and am still scrapping for tickets for that this year.

Also not a fan of ballots. Would rather take my chance in the FFA.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2022, 10:40:08 pm »

The good old days of the PTS scheme, I remember it well! I agree with you, for everyone on 0, a ballot would work but not when you include people that have got anything between 1 and 12 from the previous season.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2022, 11:01:48 pm »
What’s the seat map thing?