Author Topic: Places to stay around Anfield ?  (Read 1068 times)

Offline shayne66

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Places to stay around Anfield ?
« on: September 21, 2021, 07:00:19 am »
Hi all, normally me and the misses drive a 300 mile round trip for European nights as we both have work the next day. This year we have extra days holidays to use up so thinking of staying for the next two European nights.

Normally when we stay it's always the city centre area or on the outskirts, but thinking of maybe trying somewhere closer to the ground this time. Having a quick look i've found the Phoenix Hotel which seems okay (although is it street parking) but wondering if any of you local's can recommend anywhere to look at please?.

Ideally we want walking distance, just so for a change we an enjoy the full atmosphere etc as we normally are on the back foot trying to make the car park in good time so we can get a good exit and back onto the dreaded M62 and head home.

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
Re: Places to stay around Anfield ?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 08:10:25 am »
I used the 12th Man pub Saturday,  left booking  a bit late for town and prices were through the roof.  3 bed room in the 12th man was £65 , not bad when splitting it 3 ways.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 09:14:31 am »
a lot better options back in the City imo, the walking distance places are pretty steep and last I looked, not as nice.

big fan of easyhotel personally for cheap and easy.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2021, 09:57:35 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline shayne66

• Main Stander
« Reply #3 on: November 2, 2021, 09:56:26 am »
So booked into Phoenix Hotel and used some Tesco vouchers via Hotels.com to make it a free stay.

Prob going arrive for check in time (3pm) park the car and was thinking jumping on the train at Sandhills and either going to city centre or Aintree for something to eat. Which will be the easiest and quickest ? Both seem to be time wise the same.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #4 on: November 2, 2021, 10:02:34 am »
So booked into Phoenix Hotel and used some Tesco vouchers via Hotels.com to make it a free stay.

Prob going arrive for check in time (3pm) park the car and was thinking jumping on the train at Sandhills and either going to city centre or Aintree for something to eat. Which will be the easiest and quickest ? Both seem to be time wise the same.
Walk into city centre then get Liverpool taxi one up to the game for like £2.50 each
YNWA