Author Topic: Red Star Belgrade (A) - 06/11/18  (Read 63092 times)

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Red Star Belgrade (A) - 06/11/18
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2018, 03:51:57 pm »
How many have 6?

Max of 800 I reckon. Have to either been to Moscow or Maribor.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2018, 03:52:00 pm »
Thought this would be close to 3k allocation so booked it after the draw. In the second sale for this now so bit worried. What do you reckon the chances are in this one Andy? Vast majority on 5 get sorted?
Should have got around 2.6K.

Could be around 2K going for around 1.2K tickets so a lot will end up empty handed.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2018, 04:07:51 pm »
Should have got around 2.6K.

Could be around 2K going for around 1.2K tickets so a lot will end up empty handed.

Won't even be close to those numbers, majority on 5 will be sorted but those on 4 will likely miss out.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2018, 04:11:17 pm »
Max of 800 I reckon. Have to either been to Moscow or Maribor.

Yeah but 300-500 will have both.. can see 1500-1600 tickets available after the first sale.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2018, 04:12:45 pm »
Marooned on 4 here then for some time by the looks of it :(
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2018, 04:14:05 pm »
club need to explain the allocation. way shy of what it should be.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2018, 04:17:54 pm »
It’s a roam further destination on Vodafone.
£6 a day.

Least you know where you stand.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2018, 04:19:21 pm »
Won't even be close to those numbers, majority on 5 will be sorted but those on 4 will likely miss out.
So you don't reckon that around 800 will buy in the 1st sale leaving around 1.2K tickets for everyone else?
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2018, 04:20:43 pm »
On 7 from them 8 so no issues but wasn’t expecting it that high.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2018, 04:24:10 pm »
As it includes Napoli and we expect Paris to be low, it surely means for Paris you will need a big amount from last year and have gone to Napoli and Belgrade.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2018, 05:05:12 pm »
As it includes Napoli and we expect Paris to be low, it surely means for Paris you will need a big amount from last year and have gone to Napoli and Belgrade.

Based on the allocation for this, reckon we'll be lucky to to get the 1600 Napoli got for this by the time the Jonny come lately corporate wankers have had their slice of the pie

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2018, 05:37:44 pm »

I think it just means you’ll need to have Napoli and Belgrade, as to get them you’ll have needed the tickets from last year. And fingers crossed an extra few hundred to those who don’t get one for Belgrade.
Long live the King

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2018, 05:58:15 pm »

Big gap between the 800 odd for Maribor..........and the circa 2000/2200 for Belgrade and PSG prediction........say we get 1200 for Paris? 

Looks like the Europa League past loyalty is confined to the history books now.......
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #173 on: October 17, 2018, 06:13:04 pm »
Big gap between the 800 odd for Maribor..........and the circa 2000/2200 for Belgrade and PSG prediction........say we get 1200 for Paris? 

Looks like the Europa League past loyalty is confined to the history books now.......
That was always going to happen though as they hardly ever go back more than 1 season.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #174 on: October 17, 2018, 06:14:59 pm »
On 7 from them 8 so no issues but wasn’t expecting it that high.
Surely you mean 6 from 7? If so, at least you’re in the 1st sale.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2018, 06:15:14 pm »

It's now impossible now you can't even use the stated 5% that UEFA demand in their regulations any more as it's not known how many corporates get out of our allocation

Using the 5% rule

Should've got 3012 for Napoli, got 2650
Should've got 2650 for Belgrade got 2000

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #176 on: October 17, 2018, 06:22:41 pm »
It's now impossible now you can't even use the stated 5% that UEFA demand in their regulations any more as it's not known how many corporates get out of our allocation

Using the 5% rule

Should've got 3012 for Napoli, got 2650
Should've got 2650 for Belgrade got 2000

Current San Paulo capacity is 55k so we weren’t far off 5% with our allocation. Something stinks about this one.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:25:01 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2018, 06:34:43 pm »
i think around 1200 tickets will be left after 1st sale

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2018, 06:50:41 pm »
Surely you mean 6 from 7? If so, at least you’re in the 1st sale.

!

Maths was never my strongest subject.

Thanks. Good job I’m still ok.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2018, 08:34:13 pm »
Mon sale here too but out and about so going to be hard. And then we have no chance of PSG ::)

We are a team of one half.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2018, 08:42:15 pm »
Monday sale here too, have to do it at work as well so hope it's not too stressful. Why can't they just start it at 8.15 when those on 6 have from Friday to buy theirs.
Agree but I get stick coz I always say that!! :D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2018, 12:12:52 am »
On 5 due to buying Spartak on the wrong Fan Card last season. Hoping it doesn't comeback to bite me or the arse here.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2018, 11:04:12 am »
Just reserved my room in Belgrade for the Monday abd Tuesday. Its in the centre and I dont have to pay until I arrive . Si this means Ive got Saturday night and all of Sunday in Budapest which is a boss city. Iam not sure on my travel arrrangments yet to get to Belgrade. Ive seen coaches that only take 5 hours but 44 quid one way seems a bit steep. The train takes ages for someone reason which means it stops at every little town en route which usually means gypos get on for a few stops and try their luck especially on the night trains. I may hitch but as hitched in these parts before but most probably will be feeling a bit rough on the Monday morning so not sure.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2018, 11:33:05 am »
Monday sale here too, have to do it at work as well so hope it's not too stressful. Why can't they just start it at 8.15 when those on 6 have from Friday to buy theirs.

I think they've set Monday morning aside for a members sale of the red star home game.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2018, 12:52:57 pm »
Just reserved my room in Belgrade for the Monday abd Tuesday. Its in the centre and I dont have to pay until I arrive . Si this means Ive got Saturday night and all of Sunday in Budapest which is a boss city. Iam not sure on my travel arrrangments yet to get to Belgrade. Ive seen coaches that only take 5 hours but 44 quid one way seems a bit steep. The train takes ages for someone reason which means it stops at every little town en route which usually means gypos get on for a few stops and try their luck especially on the night trains. I may hitch but as hitched in these parts before but most probably will be feeling a bit rough on the Monday morning so not sure.

Hi - I lived in Belgrade for years, have done the Budapest-Belgrade trip a few different ways. The one I always swerved was the train. A v-e-r-y slow experience from Zagreb-Belgrade was enough, thanks. When they finish the Budapest-Belgrade track reconstruction in a couple of years, it will be great - but now it'll be 8 hours if you're lucky. And the trains themselves are... rustic. Plus, the overnight trains have a reputation (whether deserved or not) for being a thieves' playground.

So your other options are:

- minibus. Someone mentioned Gea Tours up the thread. I used them to Budapest airport and they were fine. But I've had other sub-optimal experiences with them. So have a look round - there will be options. They all cost about €25/way. But it can take some time at the start and end of trips as they do pick ups/drop offs, so about 5 hours total.

- private transfer. I got one from AutoTurist Novi Sad a couple of years ago. Nice big Merc, €200 one way. Find a couple of people to share the ride... I'm sure there are other companies offering similar. Will take about 3.5 hours.

- ride share. Blablacar is big in the Western Balkans. Never tried it though.

- fly. Belavia (the airline of Belarus) flies direct from Budapest to Belgrade. Costs about €100 one way or €160 return for a 45-minute flight. There's a flight into Belgrade on Monday morning; the return isn't until Thursday though.

Somebody also mentioned phones up the thread... Get a local SIM. They're on sale next to the baggage carousels at the airport. Or you can buy them from any kiosk in town. There are a few local networks and they're all OK. Just make sure you ask how to get a data package, as that isn't necessarily automatic.

Have a great time in Belgrade - I'm sure you'll love it.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2018, 01:18:23 pm »
I think they've set Monday morning aside for a members sale of the red star home game.
Local sale for Cardiff....so they could start this at 8.30 as they don't last long!! :D

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2018, 01:39:53 pm »
Ive seen coaches that only take 5 hours but 44 quid one way seems a bit steep.

FlixBus - German operator expanding rapidly in these parts. £22 each way. 5h45m on the midday bus from Budapest - much slower the other way though. Website in English https://www.flixbus.co.uk/

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2018, 02:06:28 pm »
I'm in the Monday sale as well. And I'll be on a train half way to Euston. I'll have to buy the Virgin Trains wi-fi I guess to give me half a chance.

I've just booked this and PSG this last week or so thinking I'd be guaranteed but obviously not looking that way with the shite allocations.

A school boy error not getting Roma tickets when I couldn't go but never mind.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2018, 03:07:05 pm »
Local sale for Cardiff....so they could start this at 8.30 as they don't last long!! :D

People try for local sale long after it’s sold out. Refreshing for singles and whatnot. Second Napoli sale was a nightmare. Started at 9 and queues over an hour at 8.45.
Long live the King

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2018, 03:17:07 pm »
Hi - I lived in Belgrade for years, have done the Budapest-Belgrade trip a few different ways. The one I always swerved was the train. A v-e-r-y slow experience from Zagreb-Belgrade was enough, thanks. When they finish the Budapest-Belgrade track reconstruction in a couple of years, it will be great - but now it'll be 8 hours if you're lucky. And the trains themselves are... rustic. Plus, the overnight trains have a reputation (whether deserved or not) for being a thieves' playground.

So your other options are:

- minibus. Someone mentioned Gea Tours up the thread. I used them to Budapest airport and they were fine. But I've had other sub-optimal experiences with them. So have a look round - there will be options. They all cost about €25/way. But it can take some time at the start and end of trips as they do pick ups/drop offs, so about 5 hours total.

Don't!  Just don't.  No, seriously, I can't stress this enough - DON'T!!

I've had the misfortune to travel from Zagreb to Belgrade and back with them last year to a Nick Cave concert and the experience was, well, very interesting to say the least.

First, they don't pick you up at the agreed time, and I'm not talking minutes, I'm talking hours!!
Then, even if you've agreed a return trip in advance you might end up not getting a seat when you need to return and you have to call the driver numerous times on the day of the departure because of that.  Why do you need to call so much?  Well, because they don't answer the phone!

On the border the driver wanted to be a smart arse and we ended up waiting for hours to cross the border back to Croatia.  Everything just looked improvised, the entire trip.

It is like riding with a Delboy Trotter firm.  Never again.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2018, 03:20:18 pm »
I'm in the Monday sale as well. And I'll be on a train half way to Euston. I'll have to buy the Virgin Trains wi-fi I guess to give me half a chance.

I've just booked this and PSG this last week or so thinking I'd be guaranteed but obviously not looking that way with the shite allocations.

Or pop along to Coach G (or even the far end of F) and get it free! Once your tickets has been checked, should be ok ;)

People try for local sale long after it’s sold out. Refreshing for singles and whatnot. Second Napoli sale was a nightmare. Started at 9 and queues over an hour at 8.45.

It was a joke based on how quickly the sold out sign goes up from what people have said! :D

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2018, 03:52:11 pm »
Don't!  Just don't.  No, seriously, I can't stress this enough - DON'T!!

I've had the misfortune to travel from Zagreb to Belgrade and back with them last year to a Nick Cave concert and the experience was, well, very interesting to say the least.

First, they don't pick you up at the agreed time, and I'm not talking minutes, I'm talking hours!!
Then, even if you've agreed a return trip in advance you might end up not getting a seat when you need to return and you have to call the driver numerous times on the day of the departure because of that.  Why do you need to call so much?  Well, because they don't answer the phone!

On the border the driver wanted to be a smart arse and we ended up waiting for hours to cross the border back to Croatia.  Everything just looked improvised, the entire trip.

It is like riding with a Delboy Trotter firm.  Never again.

Ha ha... well, I did say that I'd had sub-optimal experiences with them  ;D. The worst of which was a switcharoo, when they turned up with a small hatchback instead of a van and squished four adult passengers inside. And the driver trundled along at 100 km/h to save fuel.

I gave up on Gea and either flew Belgrade-Zagreb once they re-started flights or hired a self-drive car.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2018, 04:03:53 pm »

Download the Virgin Red App, you can get WIFI on their trains for free then.

Online DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2018, 08:18:47 am »
A nice even square section of tickets that you can't select again for this sale  ::)

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2018, 08:22:24 am »
A nice even square section of tickets that you can't select again for this sale  ::)

About 225 tickets it was

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2018, 08:24:06 am »
Sorted but why is there always a neat block in the middle unavailable?

Online DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2018, 08:32:42 am »
When this happened for Napoli what was the message coming up when you highlighted the seat for the seat details in the stand view?

It's a joke what they're at with this sorting out corporate cronies etc.

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2018, 08:38:37 am »
Are you people genuinely worried about having a specific seat here? ;D 

Don't worry, you'll be able to stand wherever you want.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

Online DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2018, 08:40:36 am »
Are you people genuinely worried about having a specific seat here? ;D 

Don't worry, you'll be able to stand wherever you want.

No, obviously worried that the club are holding back tickets to look after whoever and we are not getting access to the 2,000 in the block.

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2018, 08:41:54 am »
No, obviously worried that the club are holding back tickets to look after whoever and we are not getting access to the 2,000 in the block.
Oh well, that's something else.  Agreed.