Author Topic: The Maradona Draft  (Read 14833 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Re: The Maradona Draft
« Reply #280 on: January 8, 2021, 12:11:32 am »
Nobody said anything until halfway through. It happens every time I run one!

This draft has been sitting there for a while, mate, championed by some who had ample opportunity to refine it but chose not to. Well done for getting it off the ground Claus. Let's crack on, it's only a bit of fun...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #281 on: January 8, 2021, 12:12:22 am »
Trend has just won the draft anyway. Never have I ever seen Cruyff go in round 2 of a draft!

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #282 on: January 8, 2021, 12:20:04 am »
Trend has just won the draft anyway. Never have I ever seen Cruyff go in round 2 of a draft!

« Last Edit: January 8, 2021, 12:29:32 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: January 8, 2021, 12:23:53 am »

This draft has been sitting there for a while, mate, championed by some who had ample opportunity to refine it but chose not to. Well done for getting it off the ground Claus. Let's crack on, it's only a bit of fun...

Thanks pal!

I picked it up this morning with only about 3 picks gone, but it's done now. That's why I think you'd be better sticking to the original criteria. I was just being pedantic at the time as I wanted the draft to be as hard as possible for my own entertainment  ;D  Easier categories = more boring draft.

Depending on how this goes I think it's time for a pure fuckery draft. Trend's World Cup has given me some unpleasant ideas.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: January 8, 2021, 12:27:44 am »
I'm enjoying this draft.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 8, 2021, 12:31:42 am »
I'm enjoying this draft.

Excellent! Sorry for the confusion, I think this is the last time I listen to anybody for anything ever. If there's 12 drafters and only ten eligible players, fuck it and fuck them!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: January 8, 2021, 12:45:24 am »
Excellent! Sorry for the confusion, I think this is the last time I listen to anybody for anything ever. If there's 12 drafters and only ten eligible players, fuck it and fuck them!

Here let me help you feel better!  Clausinho....

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #287 on: January 8, 2021, 12:55:41 am »
I didn’t think there was anything to debate in that top scorer/best player thing because it was pretty clear. I probably wouldn’t have changed it either but then again I’m too shot to run these so I’m not going to grumble.

I also didn’t realise you could pick Messi I thought I read somewhere you couldn’t, maybe that was just being mooted.

I can’t believe the shit gifmeister might win this, although maybe he’s shot his bolt too early. Does make me wonder why I tried to fill tougher categories first rather just get the very best players available though!

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: January 8, 2021, 12:58:42 am »
I didn’t think there was anything to debate in that top scorer/best player thing because it was pretty clear. I probably wouldn’t have changed it either but then again I’m too shot to run these so I’m not going to grumble.

I also didn’t realise you could pick Messi I thought I read somewhere you couldn’t, maybe that was just being mooted.

I can’t believe the shit gifmeister might win this, although maybe he’s shot his bolt too early. Does make me wonder why I tried to fill tougher categories first rather just get the very best players available though!

It's in the OP that he's allowed!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #289 on: January 8, 2021, 12:59:29 am »
It's in the OP that he's allowed!

Minor detail...

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: January 8, 2021, 01:00:32 am »
Minor detail...

Haha, Cruyff getting out of the first round was the big fuck up anyway, Messi isn't a vote winner

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: January 8, 2021, 01:00:35 am »

Maradona no go
Messi was okay

In response to your other comment, I do not know what you mean --- shot his bolt too early?

Messi

Cruyff

My Next Pick

« Last Edit: January 8, 2021, 01:07:40 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #292 on: January 8, 2021, 02:10:06 am »
Haha what's happened here.  Personally I agree with Betty and Nick (and me).  The rules clearly stated you have to pick either player of the tournament or top goal scorer.

Can't be changing things at this point innit.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #293 on: January 8, 2021, 07:50:21 am »
Haha what's happened here.  Personally I agree with Betty and Nick (and me).  The rules clearly stated you have to pick either player of the tournament or top goal scorer.

Can't be changing things at this point innit.

Butterfly effect. Tubbs here wouldn’t have picked Morris, I’d have staffed my second choice in a striker not Stevie, who’s not what would have happened after.

Gives me a grievance and that’s always important in these drafts. IfithadnerbinferClausbeingasofttouch.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #294 on: January 8, 2021, 07:51:21 am »
It’s fine though. And I’ll get revenge on Trend by fixing my pics to the right rather than centring them, just to fuck him up. Absolutely ruthless.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: January 8, 2021, 08:15:07 am »
My second pick is with Nick!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: January 8, 2021, 08:27:00 am »
What's wrong with yiz lads? A round and a half to make an arse of it. The category was quite clear. If you got a shite pick in that category, you got a better in another. Those who chose that category early get a good pick now but lose out in another one. 'Best young player' is not an individual 'award'. It's a lollipop given at the end of a trip to the dentist ffs.

When I was a youngfella, we moved back to me nanny's but I still continued to go to school, hang around, and played footie for the local team in the old area which was like 7 miles away. I barely played because I was shite. But I showed up. At the end of one season I got an award....'best traveller'. It's bollix! It was a fuckin lollipop!
« Last Edit: January 8, 2021, 08:36:38 am by Lawnmowerman »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #297 on: January 8, 2021, 08:30:27 am »
What's wrong with yiz lads? A round and a half to make an arse of it. The category was quite clear. If you got a shite pick in that category, you got a better in another. Those who chose that category early get a good pick now but lose out in another one. 'Best young player' is not an individual 'award'. It's a lollipop given at the end of a trip to the dentist ffs.

When I was a youngfella, we moved back to me nanny's but I still continued to go to school, hang around, and played footie for the a local team in the old area which was like 7 miles away. I barely played because I was shite. But I showed up. At the end of one season I got an award....'best traveller'. It's bollix! It was a fuckin lollipop!

:lmao Quite. Did they not have the heart to tell you to find a local club?

Can someone send me a PM when it’s Claus’s turn as I have his picks. I actually have some work to do this morning (who am I trying to kid).

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: January 8, 2021, 08:39:14 am »
:lmao Quite. Did they not have the heart to tell you to find a local club?

Can someone send me a PM when it’s Claus’s turn as I have his picks. I actually have some work to do this morning (who am I trying to kid).
think the c*nts took me along to make the rest look good. I was the ugly chick on a night out. Whenever I got subbed on I was like Rudy coming on for Notre dame. Running round like a headless chicken

I'll pm you if around

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #299 on: January 8, 2021, 08:58:00 am »
I’ll pick in about ten mins chaps
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #300 on: January 8, 2021, 09:31:11 am »
Good pick Lobo.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #301 on: January 8, 2021, 10:17:51 am »
Van Basten and Batistuta gone.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: January 8, 2021, 11:05:16 am »
Size of that pic. Is Max mr magoo or something??

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: January 8, 2021, 11:10:14 am »
Van Basten and Batistuta gone.
            Romario             Batistuta

Baggio

Beautiful isn't it? overkill yes, but i thought, look at all these smartypantsies picking defenders, or they think they're being smarties. Let's get rough. Let's make them pay

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: January 8, 2021, 11:18:31 am »
Did DeFacto send someone his pick? Should I go ahead with mine?
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: January 8, 2021, 11:22:37 am »
yeah you're up after max anyway

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: January 8, 2021, 11:23:06 am »

Yeah you can go ahead I think. His time is up.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: January 8, 2021, 11:26:18 am »
Yeah you can go ahead I think. His time is up.

Think he lives in the US, in which case his turn would've been in the middle of the night. I'll wait the full hour before making the pick to give him a chance or to see if he sent his pick to someone else, if people don't mind.

Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: January 8, 2021, 11:34:30 am »
Nah you crack on mate he’s missed his go already
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: January 8, 2021, 11:41:22 am »
Alright, done. Someone had to pick that dickhead sooner or later, might as well be me.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: January 8, 2021, 11:48:43 am »
Going now

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: January 8, 2021, 11:50:26 am »
Going now

Sorry DeFacto --- just saw this post; was sent PM by GLB ---- hopefully we do not pick the same player
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #312 on: January 8, 2021, 12:00:13 pm »
Did we establish Beckenbaurr was a bit of a shithouse pick as he was most improved young player whose name begins with B at a World Cup or something similar?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: January 8, 2021, 12:02:54 pm »
It was, but it’s been changed to any individual award which I’m taking as literally any individual award at a WC. Includes silver and bronze ball and golden gloves.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #314 on: January 8, 2021, 12:04:13 pm »
It was, but it’s been changed to any individual award which I’m taking as literally any individual award at a WC. Includes silver and bronze ball and golden gloves.

As a man of integrity I will be selecting based on the original criteria, even if that means stick Oliver Kahn on the right wing.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: January 8, 2021, 12:10:00 pm »
Did we establish Beckenbaurr was a bit of a shithouse pick as he was most improved young player whose name begins with B at a World Cup or something similar?
It's quite the bag of horse manure that's been opened up isn't it? I do like the idea though of Taribo West getting picked for his ''Loaded magazines best hairstyle of world cup 98'' individual award

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: January 8, 2021, 12:31:20 pm »
Sorry DeFacto --- just saw this post; was sent PM by GLB ---- hopefully we do not pick the same player

Oh I wanted Souness but not at this stage.  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: January 8, 2021, 12:33:16 pm »
So we are doing silver and bronze balls?

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: January 8, 2021, 12:34:55 pm »
            Romario             Batistuta

Baggio

Beautiful isn't it? overkill yes, but i thought, look at all these smartypantsies picking defenders, or they think they're being smarties. Let's get rough. Let's make them pay

That is indeed beautiful, Lman. Gutted I missed out on this draft but I am a bit up the wall with work, moving house etc.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: January 8, 2021, 12:35:50 pm »
Oh I wanted Souness but not at this stage.  ;D
Looks like Trend got super duper excited at Cruyff and genetically engineered robot and blew his load. He's already at the deflated cut out the cuddle i wanna sleep stage. He's sleepwalking through it from here