Poll

What should happen?

He's a dude. Fuck everyone else that has been responsible and been vaccinated. He should be allowed to flout Australias rules and act like a total c*nt
21 (8.2%)
Not sure
6 (2.3%)
Dickhead
86 (33.5%)
Bellend
136 (52.9%)
I like Tennissseeee Cheeeeeeeeese!
8 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Author Topic: Djokovic  (Read 23137 times)

Offline tuaz

• Anny Roader
Re: Djokovic
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2022, 05:25:52 am »
A bit dodgy? The bloke's been on PED's for years, it's not even a doubt at this point. Which makes his anti vax stance even more hypocritical.

I recall some discussion on this in the Lance Armstrong/PED-usage thread quite a few years ago.  That's why I was surprised by the comment in this thread that he was anti-science.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2022, 06:07:55 am »
Still waiting for a comment from Australia govt. Cancel his visa and provide some consistency otherwise lose the next elections because there will be a backlash (even though I hate the twat of a Prime Minister)

They're supposedly looking for holes in his travel declaration. He supposedly stated he hadn't travelled overseas in the 14 day prior, but there are social media posts showing him in Belgrade on Christmas Day before flying to Australia from Spain on 4 January.

His lawyers will say there are no direct business class flights between Belgrade & Dubai with Emirates the ATP global sponsor.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2022, 06:10:21 am »
My Serbian mate doesn't even like him, which says A LOT about Djokovic! My mate would follow a football team if they had just one Serbian in their squad.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2022, 05:21:51 pm »
Yeah, imagine losing your shit and melting down after being 'triggered' by a sport/sportsman.

to be fair, some on here will.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2022, 05:25:45 pm »
I agree, don't think you get to that level and stay there without PED use. However his change was enormous, barely able to finish matches and then miraculously he was marathon man.

He had a fairly similar trajectory to Mo Farah. Middling middle distance runner to world beater. I wonder if they had the same doctor at any point.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2022, 05:47:28 pm »
Yeah, imagine losing your shit and melting down after being 'triggered' by a sport/sportsman.

How did you get your name change here by the way?

Some mod got in prank mode in the F1 thread after the final race of the season so changed my name. Haven't been able to get mine back as much as I'd love to.
Linudden.

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2022, 05:58:08 pm »
Some mod got in prank mode in the F1 thread after the final race of the season so changed my name. Haven't been able to get mine back as much as I'd love to.

You might wonna look up, if you are quick you may still be able to catch a glimpse of the point passing by.
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2022, 06:01:19 pm »
You might wonna look up, if you are quick you may still be able to catch a glimpse of the point passing by.

I prefer waving magic wands and pretend I don't see anything :wave
Linudden.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2022, 06:19:45 pm »
Maybe more arrogant than naive and contrary to what his supporters are saying, the transcript excerpts point to that.

Also looks like he lied on his form about not travelling

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/1480694577715576833

Also I note that he put that none of his "team" that he was travelling with (which presumably includes at least coach etc, if not someone more personal like his father/siblings/wife) were in contact with "anyone diagnosed with covid, within the last 14 days" - so either he was diagnosed on the 16th, from an infection that happened at least 5 days earlier, so that by the 21st he had tested twice negative in 2 days, or none of them had seen him in 3+ weeks, or thats another lie he made on the form

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2022, 06:34:16 pm »
Let’s be honest, it’s likely the PCR test is a fake
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2022, 07:44:28 pm »

Not to de-rail the thread but I've been "a little break" since I suggested I might need one from the site after Karius's performance in the 2018 Champions League final and have never been able to get my old username back. At this point I'm probably settle on my mod enforced username.

Not sure I wanna jump in the ring on the Djokovic stuff. But I would like to know more about his potential PED situation?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2022, 07:47:31 pm »
Hope he gets a shit draw.

Offline Perkinsonian

• Kopite
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2022, 07:51:14 pm »

I think that in view of the gathered evidences, it is more likely to be a fake test than a true one (balance of probabilities).

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2022, 08:04:58 pm »
Saw a shite headline in one of the major newspapers in Canada along the lines of

"How Djokovic became a working-class hero"

FFS. I guess spouting dumb shit is all it takes for millionaires to become working class.

:no

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2022, 08:07:41 pm »
Not to de-rail the thread but I've been "a little break" since I suggested I might need one from the site after Karius's performance in the 2018 Champions League final and have never been able to get my old username back. At this point I'm probably settle on my mod enforced username.

Not sure I wanna jump in the ring on the Djokovic stuff. But I would like to know more about his potential PED situation?

I believe the mods are much more amenable to changing your username if you become a RAWK supporter.

Offline Perkinsonian

• Kopite
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2022, 08:11:42 pm »
Hope he gets a shit draw.
Hope he gets no draw at all. But it's quickly fading.

Offline MindGuerrillas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2022, 09:17:48 pm »

It looks like a massive, and not very well executed, fraud.

https://twitter.com/zerforschung/status/1480924207181611014

The dates on his test results don't match the dates he claims they were taken. His positive test from the 16th December looks instead to have been from the 26th December - after the negative test he's used to travel and gain entry.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2022, 11:02:37 pm »
Would be great if the rest of the mens seeds held a press conference and walked out - stating we can't play due to a fucking idiot that you have enabled to be a raging twat.

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2022, 11:26:46 pm »
What's the difference between a dickhead and a bellend?

Yeah, but he's obviously a bellend.  ;D

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2022, 11:26:50 pm »
Sorry if this has been posted already but apparently he ticked a box on his application saying he hadn’t travelled abroad 14 days before he left Serbia for Australia but there’s footage of him in Spain in that period.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2022, 11:49:16 pm »
I mean there's enough evidence there to kick the fucker out, not sure why they're waiting.

I know the judge did the right thing by the letter of the law, blah blah. But what a tool

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2022, 11:54:47 pm »
I mean there's enough evidence there to kick the fucker out, not sure why they're waiting.

I know the judge did the right thing by the letter of the law, blah blah. But what a tool

I guess the Aussie government just need to make sure it’s watertight before they give him the boot.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2022, 11:59:19 pm »
I guess the Aussie government just need to make sure it’s watertight before they give him the boot.

I said that before, but the Home Minister could just refuse entry, the judge himself said. I hope they do, but had enough experience to see rich folks getting away where ordinary citizens wouldn't. Letting him in would severely undermind the government's chances of being re-elected and set a dangerous precedence

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2022, 12:15:53 am »
I said that before, but the Home Minister could just refuse entry, the judge himself said. I hope they do, but had enough experience to see rich folks getting away where ordinary citizens wouldn't. Letting him in would severely undermind the government's chances of being re-elected and set a dangerous precedence

I think the thing is, if the immigration minister did personally veto him, then it would lead to a 3 year ban - keeping him out for the next 2 editions of the Aussie Open as well as this year.  Which, if Covid gets to the stage where it is less a concern this time next year, would lead to a loss of money for the tournament, and thus the Victorian government (and Aussie).  Whereas trying to put together a better case, based on the facts (like this informaiton about him lying on the form about travel, or these tests not being when he said they were) would mean they could kick him out without having to have this 3 year ban over his head that they would have to enforce

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2022, 12:17:49 am »
I think the thing is, if the immigration minister did personally veto him, then it would lead to a 3 year ban - keeping him out for the next 2 editions of the Aussie Open as well as this year.  Which, if Covid gets to the stage where it is less a concern this time next year, would lead to a loss of money for the tournament, and thus the Victorian government (and Aussie).  Whereas trying to put together a better case, based on the facts (like this informaiton about him lying on the form about travel, or these tests not being when he said they were) would mean they could kick him out without having to have this 3 year ban over his head that they would have to enforce

I read that the minister could override the 3 year time barring. I mean they're a sovereign nation, why couldn't they kick him out, but allow him entry next year?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2022, 07:09:20 am »
So his travel declaration was wrong and he admits he just ignored islaotion rules.

Literally anyone else would have been deported from Australia for this.

It stinks.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2022, 07:19:58 am »
So his travel declaration was wrong and he admits he just ignored islaotion rules.

It stinks.

Serbian PM condemns Novak Djokovic: ‘The laws equally apply to all’
2 hours ago

Serbia’s Prime Minister Ana Brnabic has slammed Novak Djokovic for a “clear violation” of his COVID-19 isolation requirements.

The remarks came before the Serbian tennis champion released a statement admitting he knowingly attended a photoshoot and interview in Belgrade while positive with the virus.

In an interview Ms Brnabic thanked Mr Djokovic for “what he has done for the Republic of Serbia” but her government will be investigating the nine-time Australian Open champion as “the laws equally apply to all”.

“No one is allowed to breach the isolation rules as it, therefore, puts the health of other people in jeopardy,” Ms Brnabic said.

“There are some standards that have to be met.

“In this case it seems to me that if he was aware of it then it is a clear violation of the rules – and what the sanctions are that’s what relevant institutions will have to look into.”
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2022, 07:31:14 am »

I wouldn't hold my breath about Djokovic being punished, it sounds like usual political speak but he'll get a slap on the wrist at worst.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2022, 07:53:50 am »

It stinks.

He admitted his agent was wrong, not him. Wonder if his agent signed his declaration forms too?

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2022, 07:56:50 am »
I wouldn't hold my breath about Djokovic being punished, it sounds like usual political speak but he'll get a slap on the wrist at worst.

I’m not so sure. It would look terrible for the Aussie government to allow him to stay.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2022, 08:08:13 am »
He admitted his agent was wrong, not him. Wonder if his agent signed his declaration forms too?

Border Security : Are these your bags?
Traveller : Yes
Border Security : Did you pack these bags?
Traveller : No, my mum did.
Border Security : Did you sign this travel declaration?
Traveller : Yes
Border Security : Boom

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2022, 08:17:34 am »
Spiegel goes 'deep'.

Were the Results of a Positive PCR Test Manipulated?

Tennis star Novak Djoković claims that he tested positive for the coronavirus on Dec. 16. But the digital test result suggests otherwise. This and a suspected false statement could create new visa problems for the athlete in Australia.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/novak-djokovic-were-the-results-of-his-positive-pcr-test-manipulated-a-cf3e7344-e98f-4fc3-8bb3-7727d4795e97

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2022, 08:17:43 am »
I’m not so sure. It would look terrible for the Aussie government to allow him to stay.
Sorry I should have clarified, I was responding to Barry Crocker's quote from the Serbian Prime Minister.

The Aus government already look terrible, they've gotten themselves into a huge mess either way.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2022, 08:32:36 am »
What does a guy have to do to get deported?  ;D

He’s taking the absolute piss at this point.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2022, 08:34:04 am »
Essentially he’s a Serbian Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2022, 08:46:31 am »
Essentially he’s a Serbian Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

He's a Serbian Donald Trump. Pretty sure I remember him ordering Secret Service agents to drive him around for a photo op near the hospital when he already had Covid.

As already stated, money talks. Nobody else gets this sort of treatment.

Offline Perkinsonian

• Kopite
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2022, 09:08:18 am »
Re Serbian PM "condemnation" of Djokovic.

Most likely, she is still pretending that Djokovic tested positive on December 16, despite the evidence presented to the contrary, and that the Serbian covid registration system does not contain fabricated data.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2022, 09:49:05 am »
He's a Serbian Donald Trump. Pretty sure I remember him ordering Secret Service agents to drive him around for a photo op near the hospital when he already had Covid.

As already stated, money talks. Nobody else gets this sort of treatment.

He’s a massive c*nt.

Reckon he might get thrown out now considering everything he has done.

Good of him to throw his Agent under the bus too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2022, 10:00:04 am »
Imagine coming this far in tennis only to have the shortsightedness to lie about your covid infection on your visa application only for a bunch of twitterattis to find out and pressure the govt using them.

Jeesus. Did he genuinely not have 3 weeks of break in the last 6 months where he wasnt photographed at all?

How much clumsiness from him and his supposed agent? How irresponsible of him.

All that name, fame and game for this shite?

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2022, 10:02:38 am »
He is probably the best player to ever play the game.

He is also dangerous, reactionary, and wrong and he should not be at this tournament. His one real weakness is that he doesn't feel like he gets the love he deserves, so a hostile crowd can get to him, with the right opponent, and if everything aligns right. The slight dip in preparation won't help either.

But he shouldn't be there. He has done a catalogue of things that others would have been deported for. He's a thunder c%%.