Author Topic: Atletico Madrid v Liverpool Champions League match day 3 Tuesday 19/10/2021  (Read 12792 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
No surprise that we've gone as strong as we possibly can. People calling for Origi and others should look to the past in this competition to see how Klopp sets out his sides. It's almost always been the strongest side available unless we've sealed the group and are through or have injuries to contend with.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wanda, she's looking good .

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Can make five subs in this game as well don’t forget, probably helped Klopp to go with the same again.

Fucking into these.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
thanks. think we will hopefully see keita with a more freer box to box role if Ath madrid decide to sit deep. he is one who can pick locks.
Also think Keita and Firmino work well together. See Saturday for one of those examples.
Lots dynamism and passing between them in that part of the pitch that they both like to frequent. They can make space just in front of the defenders- and someone would have to step up and defend that space.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 06:57:05 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
No Suarez? Good stuff
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces

Would much rather he start Griezmann than Suarez.

Carrasco at wing back is an interesting one if they line up as such. Does he often do that, because if he doesn't he's an even bigger shithead than I thought  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
No Suarez? Good stuff

Kieran Trippier? :o And Koke always seems to play well against us.

Silence the crowd, grab the points and get out in one piece.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I want us to smash this negative c*nt (quality) of a team..

Then rinse and repeat for Sunday..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
What is with this J. F. nonsense?  :wanker

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
I guess you can't blame Klopp after seeing that performance against Watford to not want to change anything.  Sunday will have to wait for Sunday.  Into them Reds!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
No surprises then.
Jurgen wants this!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Does Naby get some kind of medal for playing consecutive games or something?

Offline XeeLFC

• Anny Roader
Is this on BT? They showing city game which has over 15 minutes to go :(

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is this on BT? They showing city game which has over 15 minutes to go :(

Yeah coverage from 19.45.  :butt

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
I know Klopp always goes strong in the CL, but I would have thought Jota would have started to help rest someone from our front three.   It likely means two of Salah, Mane, Firmino are paying 3 games in 8 days as I assume Jota starts on Sunday.  Or maybe not!  :)

I'm also assuming Fabinho comes on in the second half for Henderson and then he stars on Sunday against ManU.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline XeeLFC

• Anny Roader

stupidity  :no

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated

They’d only be talking shite in the studio not sure we’re missing much
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
I know Klopp always goes strong in the CL, but I would have thought Jota would have started to help rest someone from our front three.   It likely means two of Salah, Mane, Firmino are paying 3 games in 8 days as I assume Jota starts on Sunday.  Or maybe not!  :)

I'm also assuming Fabinho comes on in the second half for Henderson and then he stars on Sunday against ManU.

Yeah, can only assume that a lot of that team told the boss they left a lot in the tank in the win against Watford.

Given the injury records, would have been very tempted to rest Matip and Keita. And I do wonder at which point Jota starts to get agitated at being behind players he's been consistently outperforming (on the eye test at least) for a while now. I hope he's happy continually reverting back to the bench, it's great for the team if he is.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
LFC TV has pre-match coverage

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
I pray that the ref has a set of balls against this lot

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I pray that the ref has a set of balls against this lot

What if it was a female ref?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Yeah, can only assume that a lot of that team told the boss they left a lot in the tank in the win against Watford.

Given the injury records, would have been very tempted to rest Matip and Keita. And I do wonder at which point Jota starts to get agitated at being behind players he's been consistently outperforming (on the eye test at least) for a while now. I hope he's happy continually reverting back to the bench, it's great for the team if he is.
Bobby has outperformed Jota so far this season. And I'm not referring to goals scored.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Jota’s not really been on the bench that much, Bobby was out for a few games but he’s come back in good form and when our original front 3 are at their best I think they’re all ahead of him. It also helps that he feels like the most impactful player we can throw on as he always seems to get in the right place at the right time for important goals.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Does Naby get some kind of medal for playing consecutive games or something?
Is it 5 games in 13 days

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Then She’d probably be better than most

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

All our forwards are performing though, so who is Jota outperforming? I expected him to start tonight for sure- partly for the Atletico history factor, but can’t argue with not splitting up those 3! Jota will get his chance during the 2nd half.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Legacy Fan
Well that's what these soul-sucking leeches usually hope for... and that's the outlook their "brand" of football creates. A dull, dreary, frustrating and predictable affair with a sort of predictable outcome.
It's spirit-crushing and they make you sick. They strangle any hope and the life out of their opponents. So the psychological battle is won before a ball is kicked(at least as far as the supporters are concerned)

Hope we smash them in front of their own supporters! (and play a bit dirty as well just to wind them up even more- ripe for the return to Anfield)
If referees gave yellow cards for simulation and cheating (like they are very much supposed to do), Atletico would never end a game with 11 men.

However, referees do not, often because they are scared in the Metropolitano.   Which is the only reason why Atletico have so much success.

If referees, sort their sh*t out, Atletico would become a nothing team.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 07:48:25 pm by Gray Hamster »

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
 :hallyCome on redmen.into these .

Offline Gray Hamster

• Legacy Fan
well em…err… you know…..what it takes….equivalent of balls

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Not in the mood.

Let's smash these toxic c----s

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp confirming that lack of time to train and Fabinho being in Madrid was the main reason behind only changing Alisson

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
The five subs makes a big difference, Klopp seems to love that, and we pulled both the backs out with half an hour to go against Watford, so, see what happens.

I can see a pretty good argument for it aint broke so dont fix it. Tuesday game, fab and jota (and jones) fair rested, 5 subs available.

No Suarez is a bit defensive for a home team  ;D Hopefully hes overthinking that one. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
well em…err… you know…..what it takes….equivalent of balls

Hope the ref's got the Fallopian Tubes to deal with these!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
Klopps in a fun mood

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
They have not played for 17 days. Should be some rust early. Need to nick the ball in their half and get a goal or two and shut the crowd up. They think they are our bogie side. Need to set the record straight at some point.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I guess you can't blame Klopp after seeing that performance against Watford to not want to change anything.  Sunday will have to wait for Sunday.  Into them Reds!

He's just said on BT that there was no time to train so kept the same team bar Ali.

Laughing his tits off about Suarez, saying he'd have paid money to be in the dressing room when Diego told him he was on the bench :lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Gray Hamster

• Legacy Fan
Klopps in a fun mood
looks jovial but also relaxed doesn’t he

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
looks jovial but also relaxed doesn’t he

Klopp has a plan!