Author Topic: Taiwo Awoniyi  (Read 9325 times)

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Taiwo Awoniyi
« Reply #40 on: December 4, 2021, 09:34:15 am »
knew theres a decent player in him somewhere once he settled down.

hope edwards include some sell on clause for him. Think he could go for some decent amount when he decides to step up to a bigger club.

Only 10%.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #41 on: December 4, 2021, 09:57:34 am »
The thing is, he’s doing great but he’s getting the minutes to perform which is great for him but I don’t think it would really translate here. It’s hard to play your way into form with the odd cup game and 10-15 minutes or less here and there, especially as a striker

Could have gone back on loan with a recall option for Jan/AFCON if we weren't going to sign anyone.

The sale made sense if we were getting someone in.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: December 4, 2021, 09:57:56 am »
Taiwo's piling on the goal numbers
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 4, 2021, 11:21:39 am »
Could have gone back on loan with a recall option for Jan/AFCON if we weren't going to sign anyone.

We could but as he made clear himself, he wanted a permanent move. Cant really blame him either as loans are good for development but there comes a point any player wants a permanent home

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #44 on: December 5, 2021, 01:55:16 am »

I mean the way he’s playing you’d think he’d be a shoe-in for the Nigerian National Team so the AFCON angle is non-existent.

I find the revisionism around his sale a bit odd, he barely got a look-in for us (even when he got a work permit) and it’s not like he was pulling up trees on loan. He wanted a permanent home, we negotiated a club-record (for Union Berlin) deal with a sell-on and he’s played really well this season and I’m really happy for him. Sure we may have been able to squeeze an extra euro or two but you can’t ‘win’ every deal and the fact someone who was far down our depth chart is proving he’s a good player means clubs will keep coming to us to buy those players which helps fund our bigger purchases.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 5, 2021, 03:15:00 am »
I mean the way he’s playing you’d think he’d be a shoe-in for the Nigerian National Team so the AFCON angle is non-existent.

I find the revisionism around his sale a bit odd, he barely got a look-in for us (even when he got a work permit) and it’s not like he was pulling up trees on loan. He wanted a permanent home, we negotiated a club-record (for Union Berlin) deal with a sell-on and he’s played really well this season and I’m really happy for him. Sure we may have been able to squeeze an extra euro or two but you can’t ‘win’ every deal and the fact someone who was far down our depth chart is proving he’s a good player means clubs will keep coming to us to buy those players which helps fund our bigger purchases.

Completely revisionist history. 99% of the supporters would have no clue who he is.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 5, 2021, 05:17:55 am »
nothing revisionist about it

players improve when given game time.

he was pretty decent when given a chance in germany. Not all loans work out due to management changes and of course tactics.

But he has always been scoring when given a chance and still pretty young.  That said, he probably wouldn't make it here as still too raw and more of a targetman forward which we don't play with. He still could make a decent career where teams play to his style.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 5, 2021, 01:42:09 pm »
nothing revisionist about it

players improve when given game time.

he was pretty decent when given a chance in germany. Not all loans work out due to management changes and of course tactics.

But he has always been scoring when given a chance and still pretty young.  That said, he probably wouldn't make it here as still too raw and more of a targetman forward which we don't play with. He still could make a decent career where teams play to his style.

That’s the revisionist part - that he was definitely making it here if given the chance / oh we shouldn’t have sold him especially with AFCON coming up.

He couldn’t even play here for several years due to work permit issues - and now that he finally has one - in front of him he has salah, mane, Jota, firmino, Origi, Minamino, and Elliot.

Who was he displacing? Why would we keep him for another year for a 3 week tournament?

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 5, 2021, 09:43:19 pm »
Yea I just post about ex players doing well because it’s fun to see, and there’s only so many times I can say about the actual football I follow; holy shit, pinch me, this is real?

So it’s fun to see him doing well, he’s a fucking unit in highlights! 

If you want to watch someone we should sign and have through the door on December 31, if that’s what you’re worried about, we should overpay for Brereton of Blackburn. They’d never sell because he is their attack and this club doesnt panic buy like we would for a 3 week tourney, but there’s just something about him. He’s fucking ace
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #49 on: December 6, 2021, 10:27:41 am »
Its not revisionist, its literally just Fromola AGAIN moaning about us not signing players  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2021, 12:15:17 pm »
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/lewandowski-dream-ex-liverpool-striker-awoniyi-klopp-firmino/blt38929a47f6281e3f

Nice interview with Neil Jones, nice to hear that Sadio looked after him during his time on our books.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2022, 02:01:42 pm »
Now equal-joint scorer for Union Berlin in the Bundesliga, bit of talk Wolfsburg will make a move for him in the Summer.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2022, 11:41:35 pm »
Yea I just post about ex players doing well because it’s fun to see, and there’s only so many times I can say about the actual football I follow; holy shit, pinch me, this is real?

So it’s fun to see him doing well, he’s a fucking unit in highlights! 

If you want to watch someone we should sign and have through the door on December 31, if that’s what you’re worried about, we should overpay for Brereton of Blackburn. They’d never sell because he is their attack and this club doesnt panic buy like we would for a 3 week tourney, but there’s just something about him. He’s fucking ace
Off topic and I certainly don’t think he’s Liverpool quality, but I will be bidding for the rights to the film of Ben Brereton’s life. Born in Stoke, called up to the Chilean National side he had no idea he was eligible for off the back of a football manager tip - goes to Santiago and comes back revolutionised, bizarrely ten times the player he was before he left.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2022, 01:40:33 pm »
Scored an 88th minute winner to get his 15th goal of the season, fantastic effort from him. Wonder what the summer holds for him, either stays and plays Europa League or probably gets a Premier League payday.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2022, 05:43:19 pm »
On the verge of a move to Nottingham Forest, which is exciting for him and a great signing by Forest. Will be good to see him more often. Would compare him, favorably, to Mateta on Palace.   
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2022, 10:57:34 pm »
Only 5 scored more than him in the Bundesliga last season and a few of them were the usual suspects. I assume he'll be a starting player given they're spending proper money on him. Best of luck to him like, interesting to see what he gets up to in England because he was never going to get a chance here with the players in front of him.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2022, 12:31:13 am »
Only 5 scored more than him in the Bundesliga last season and a few of them were the usual suspects. I assume he'll be a starting player given they're spending proper money on him. Best of luck to him like, interesting to see what he gets up to in England because he was never going to get a chance here with the players in front of him.
Think they rotated a lot last season upfront, and Davis is going back to Villa.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2022, 02:49:26 pm »
Gets Forest's first goal back in the Premier League, not the prettiest but he deserved a bit of luck with the workrate he's shown so far.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2022, 02:15:02 pm »
Gets Forest's first goal back in the Premier League, not the prettiest but he deserved a bit of luck with the workrate he's shown so far.
Him and Neco showed some good linkup play in the first half. Not a Forest fan but hoping those two do well.