Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2193547 times)

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Drunken 0 - 1 Stevie G booooooo
« Reply #7120 on: January 27, 2022, 09:28:13 am »
With Moshiri being ridiculed in the press daily, there must be a chance he has enough and decides to walk. Where would that leave them and who would buy them? Terrible squad, crumbling stadium and no decent revenue.

They’d have the worlds biggest sandpit. They could get some donkeys, deckchairs, and an ice cream van and open it up in the summer. Make a few hundred quid.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7121 on: January 27, 2022, 09:29:53 am »
True story  ;)
The lengths some actors will go to in order to play a character. Commendable.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #7122 on: January 27, 2022, 09:49:55 am »
Companies House updated this morning.

A further 33,333 shares issued to Moshiris holding company (he is non dom hence this reason I think)

The company holds 127,031 shares out of 135,000 - so 94.1%

When he first came to the club he held 17,465 out of 35,000 - 49.9%

Feels a bit like a take over by stealth to me
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7123 on: January 27, 2022, 09:53:19 am »
Why do it stealthily though? Who'd oppose him?

And not like there are other buyers out there who'd pay more
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7124 on: January 27, 2022, 09:54:51 am »
With Moshiri being ridiculed in the press daily, there must be a chance he has enough and decides to walk. Where would that leave them and who would buy them? Terrible squad, crumbling stadium and no decent revenue.

How long did Kenwright have Everton on the market looking for a buyer before Moshiri came along?  Wanting to walk away and being able to walk away are two very different things.

Ashley didn't give a stuff about Newcastle relegations because they were just a vehicle to promote his business. Moshiri has sunk real money into Everton; if he wants to make anything back then he has to keep them afloat. Relegation would be just as much a disaster for him as for them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #7125 on: January 27, 2022, 10:13:51 am »
Doucoure out for a month now. Delph too, but he’s basically permanently out.
AHA!

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #7126 on: January 27, 2022, 10:27:21 am »
Happy St. Yates Day to our Blue cousins  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8FYy3Z3COKk&amp;ab_channel=TranmereTalk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8FYy3Z3COKk&amp;ab_channel=TranmereTalk</a>

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #7127 on: January 27, 2022, 10:37:38 am »
We don't do that on here, mate
Correct; don't know what the lad was thinking.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #7128 on: January 27, 2022, 10:41:33 am »
Oh it's a terrible time
For being a blue
Capon's taking
The piss out of you
Oh Everton, we're all laughing at you
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #7129 on: January 27, 2022, 10:44:04 am »
If Moshiri liquidates the club he might get some money back but not everything he has invested into the club.

The stadium and training ground could perhaps be worth £20m and player sales would bring him £150m if lucky as most are past their use by date.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7130 on: January 27, 2022, 10:56:39 am »

That's a shame, but it's not like they've got some important, you might even say critical, games coming up in the next month.  I'm sure they'll manage with Tom Davies in central midfield.

;D

Online cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #7131 on: January 27, 2022, 11:09:01 am »

had no idea delph was still an everton player

Online cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #7132 on: January 27, 2022, 11:10:05 am »
How long did Kenwright have Everton on the market looking for a buyer before Moshiri came along?  Wanting to walk away and being able to walk away are two very different things.

Ashley didn't give a stuff about Newcastle relegations because they were just a vehicle to promote his business. Moshiri has sunk real money into Everton; if he wants to make anything back then he has to keep them afloat. Relegation would be just as much a disaster for him as for them.

I guess its just if moshiri feels like its time to cut his losses and not throw any more money at it.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7133 on: January 27, 2022, 11:19:47 am »
Not being funny but why would any manager want to go there? The atmosphere from the fans is utterly toxic, in fact the whole environment at Everton is toxic from top to bottom which makes for a progressive manager trying to bring their vision in much more difficult.

I think if they went down this season then they’d severely struggle to get back up given how they’re run and how their fans are…

I think 3 or 4 years wages for six months work has its appeal.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7134 on: January 27, 2022, 11:28:27 am »
Companies House updated this morning.

A further 33,333 shares issued to Moshiris holding company (he is non dom hence this reason I think)

The company holds 127,031 shares out of 135,000 - so 94.1%

When he first came to the club he held 17,465 out of 35,000 - 49.9%

Feels a bit like a take over by stealth to me

This crossed my mind too, that Kenwright didn't want to give up control so Moshiri chipped away at it. Seems like a lot of money and effort for a club with few redeeming qualities though, I'm sure he could've picked up other clubs for less.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #7135 on: January 27, 2022, 11:29:58 am »
Not being funny but why would any manager want to go there? The atmosphere from the fans is utterly toxic, in fact the whole environment at Everton is toxic from top to bottom which makes for a progressive manager trying to bring their vision in much more difficult.

I think if they went down this season then they’d severely struggle to get back up given how they’re run and how their fans are…

I can think of 8 million reasons why Rafa's decision to go there is not as daft as it looks on paper
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #7136 on: January 27, 2022, 11:29:59 am »
That's a shame, but it's not like they've got some important, you might even say critical, games coming up in the next month.  I'm sure they'll manage with Tom Davies in central midfield.

;D
Davies got injured trying to fit into some new trousers...
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #7137 on: January 27, 2022, 11:39:38 am »
had no idea delph was still an everton player

Tosun, Siggurdsson, Gbamin, Lonergan, Delph

All still on the books, probably worth about £1m in loose change between them, they cost just short of £100m between them
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7138 on: January 27, 2022, 11:45:43 am »
This crossed my mind too, that Kenwright didn't want to give up control so Moshiri chipped away at it. Seems like a lot of money and effort for a club with few redeeming qualities though, I'm sure he could've picked up other clubs for less.
Once he gets to 100% he'll whip off his Moshiri mask and it'll turn out it was John Henry all along. Our transfer budget has been spent on buying more shares as he destroys our neighbours and I for one am all for it.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7139 on: January 27, 2022, 11:46:45 am »

Tosun, 'an Everton footballer', Gbamin, Lonergan, Delph

Corrected that one for you.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7140 on: January 27, 2022, 11:51:22 am »

All still on the books, probably worth about £1m in loose change between them, they cost just short of £100m between them

Gbamin has had some rotten luck to be fair, barely had a problem before going to Everton and then 3 major injuries back to back. I was surprised to see he's been fit for most of this season though and has still barely played, maybe he'll finally get some games if Doucoure is out.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7141 on: January 27, 2022, 11:53:19 am »
Problem is, it’s relative to us.
Mid table teams getting to a semi final and the odd challenge for European football, as well as a couple of European nights would be considered good times.
They look across the park and see trebles and European nights like 2005 when they qualified for the Europa and it doesn’t compare. Throw in some of the times we have had recently like Barca and Bill looks ridiculous.
It seems everything they think and do is relative to us. Trying to keep up with the Jones' is absolutely killing them and driving the fanbase to a collective psychosis which hampers them further.

The fans whinge that there is no plan, no direction etc, yet they are absolutely complicit in that. Everything, and I mean everything with them is about reaction to us. We are living our life as a club and fanbase, and they are like a deranged stalker who can't let go of their obsession and need to keep their beak in our lives.

If they just lived their own lives, they'd be ok and far happier. Possibly more successful too. They have ALL lost direction though. The fans actually lost direction before the club did. If anything, the fans dragged the club down the cul-de-sac they now reside in. They won't look at themselves though.

Last night's shambles was them all over. An aimless nonsense, mostly directed at an old guy who isn't the string puller. He's not the owner and he isn't making the decisions. They haven't got the balls to call out the man in charge because he also has the money. So, a gutless, aimless 'protest' with no clear point. They want everything to be different, but they want to remain the same. Just an entitled bunch of North Face clad kids walking round an empty stadium with badly painted and badly sticky taped bedsheets, chanting about a guy who doesn't own their club and Jamie Carragher.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 12:00:53 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7142 on: January 27, 2022, 11:55:28 am »
If Moshiri liquidates the club he might get some money back but not everything he has invested into the club.

The stadium and training ground could perhaps be worth £20m and player sales would bring him £150m if lucky as most are past their use by date.
Do they even own their training ground? I thought they rented that.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #7143 on: January 27, 2022, 12:07:00 pm »
I assume they are dragging this out a bit so they have an excuse when they don't sign anyone else?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7144 on: January 27, 2022, 12:07:39 pm »
Do they even own their training ground? I thought they rented that.

They sold it to Liverpool City Council for £13m in 2013 and agreed a 40 year lease to rent it. The rent amount has been asked in a few FOI’s but not declared. Anderson’s name all over it obviously.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7145 on: January 27, 2022, 12:51:06 pm »
I read that as "I suffered in silence and threw the kids under the bus after Northampton." :lmao

Your as bad as me for misreading things as I read it as:-

"I suffered in silence and then threw the kids under the bus at Northampton."
 :o
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #7146 on: January 27, 2022, 01:32:29 pm »
Last week Drunken was the fans favourite for the Job, now he's on 2.5% in the Poll, he lost a game. 'FERGUSON OUT'

So they may force their local hero out and then they will force Moshiri and his money out as well. Are the Venky's still about?

They don't want a manager they love and dream of, they want a manager they can hate and get sacked six months from now.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7147 on: January 27, 2022, 01:33:30 pm »
Special bedsheet for the Good Times answer off Kenwright during the protest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R35s5IWHa2o

Given those banners and the chants. It still isn't clear to me, do they want Moshiri out or what?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7148 on: January 27, 2022, 02:08:51 pm »

The former Liverpool goalie Lonergan?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7149 on: January 27, 2022, 02:17:49 pm »
Davies got injured trying to fit into some new trousers...

They were more pantaloons. And made of recycled navel fluff.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #7150 on: January 27, 2022, 02:43:37 pm »
The former Liverpool goalie Lonergan?

Premier League winning former keeper too  ;D ;)
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline nycjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #7151 on: January 27, 2022, 02:49:52 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60158264

'But a toxic reaction from Everton fans to his proposed appointment means Lampard is now a leading candidate.'

Oh dear.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7152 on: January 27, 2022, 02:51:51 pm »
Collective self harm, isn't it?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #7153 on: January 27, 2022, 03:00:26 pm »

'But a toxic reaction from Everton fans to his proposed appointment means Lampard is now a leading candidate.'

Oh dear.

If Lampard is appointed but somehow didn’t work out. Their fans going to protest about sacking themselves knowing how stupid they are.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7154 on: January 27, 2022, 03:02:15 pm »

Oh dear.
Other than stand up to Klopp, what on earth has Lampard done to suggest he has the skills to be a good manager?

I'm not sure he realises what a basket case the whole thing is, the recruitment by mob rule should be a clue though.

I also wouldn't mind betting that there's a few more tweaks and strains among the players as they try to avoid the poisonous atmosphere on matchdays - and now beyond it seems. It'll be Finch farm next.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 03:05:09 pm by Charlie Adams fried egg »

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7155 on: January 27, 2022, 03:04:22 pm »

Getting paid 2+ years money for 6-12 months of work is presumably the main reason for most, in the case of Carlo it was due to them offering him ever increasing amounts of money until he said yes.

Beyond their basic financial mismanagement, their obvious issue when they go down is that woodison wouldn't meet PL safety standards if they managed to get promoted.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7156 on: January 27, 2022, 03:05:06 pm »
They seem to be seriously considering giving the job to Lampard , probably only because he had an argument with Klopp!
Lampard has done nothing to suggest he is the right man for the job.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7157 on: January 27, 2022, 03:09:29 pm »

Oh dear.

Given their eventual reaction to the owners along with all their players and managers, they should replace Z Cars with that Britney Spears song.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #7158 on: January 27, 2022, 03:12:23 pm »
I don't think any manager in the running for Everton cares one bit how mental they are or how toxic it is, they'll just want a job on huge wages. No one in the boys club gives a toss if a club are relegated, they're immune from it all

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7159 on: January 27, 2022, 03:17:44 pm »
I’ve seen a few of them referencing or tweeting out Lampard and Klopp’s argument. They don’t seem to mention that Trent knocked in a free kick directly after the arguement & Liverpool won the game 5-3. Also, was the game where Liverpool lifted the PL trophy