Author Topic: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.  (Read 106645 times)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2019, 05:30:10 pm »
I would wager it will be done almost exactly similar to main stand - they won't want to lose any capacity during a season. New additional structure, supports and roof will be built over existing ARE. Old roof and supports cut out during off season.  Some posters have predicted/argued no new hospitality/boxes but I am not so sure.  I would predict it will be from field up:

1. Existing bottom tier
2. Existing 2nd tier
3. New row hospitality/boxes
4. Massive new 3rd tier

Total capacity of stand increased around 8k, stadium to 62k

One seat more than the maximum capacity of Everton's new stadium for maximum fewm.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2019, 07:16:52 pm »
One seat more than the maximum capacity of Everton's new stadium for maximum fewm.
You mean 22k+  more seats than Goodison? Fantasy wishlist stadiums don't count in discussions based in reality!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 07:18:57 pm by stoopid yank »
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2019, 09:30:43 am »
You've never been at the back of the first tier of the ARE, that second tier is getting demolished and rebuilt because the overhang is horrendous and severely restricts views.

Yeah, not a chance they'll keep that the same.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2019, 09:38:43 am »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Just thank our lucky stars that we didn't move out to a tinny new stadium like loads of people were advocating. Thankfully we didn't sell our souls. This is Anfield still means far  more .

Right decision to stay but time will tell longer term. We need to keep on developing the ground and the infrastructure and area around it.

Longer term a 60,000 stadium is simply not big enough as 45,000 wasn't 5 years ago and 54,000 isn't now.

Get the Anfield Road End at least into the 60 thousands and a plan in place for a new station and plan ahead for a new Kemlyn in the future to replicate the Main Stand. We've got to keep moving forwards.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 09:40:17 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2019, 09:47:12 am »
Right decision to stay but time will tell longer term. We need to keep on developing the ground and the infrastructure and area around it.

Longer term a 60,000 stadium is simply not big enough as 45,000 wasn't 5 years ago and 54,000 isn't now.

Get the Anfield Road End at least into the 60 thousands and a plan in place for a new station and plan ahead for a new Kemlyn in the future to replicate the Main Stand. We've got to keep moving forwards.

Can’t do anything with the KD as the footprint required there just isn't space for

On the Annie road I think they’ll take the lot down (tickets will be shite whilst they do!) and will build a mini replica of the main stand but without hospitality. Reckon it’ll take us to about 62k ish but I really have no idea how many you could get in behind the goal there. Plenty of room behind at least

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2019, 09:48:13 am »
Well said. For all the (light) mocking of those of us who don't just want the ground as big as possible with no real regard for it's character (I know, it's intangible and weird to talk about but I think it's a thing), I think think all of us are (or should be) delighted we don't have an Emirates or similar high quality new stadium that is utterly shit to go to

Aside from the odd night Anfield had become depressing to go to before the redevelopment which happened to coincide with Klopp's arrival. Two things which have signifantly improved the buzz and atmosphere. Anfield needs the team on the pitch and a manager the crowd can identify with.

Can’t do anything with the KD as the footprint required there just isn't space for

On the Annie road I think they’ll take the lot down (tickets will be shite whilst they do!) and will build a mini replica of the main stand but without hospitality. Reckon it’ll take us to about 62k ish but I really have no idea how many you could get in behind the goal there. Plenty of room behind at least

62k isn't going to be enough longer term. 15-20 years down the line you'll have a new stadium back on the agenda if we can't expand further. It'll be back to the early 2000s again.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 09:51:49 am by Fromola »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2019, 09:52:42 am »

62k isn't going to be enough longer term. 15-20 years down the line you'll have a new stadium back on the agenda if we can't expand further.

Maybe so but you can’t go back with the kop. You can’t currently do KD. Main stand max. So Annie road only option

The only way that changes is if we buy houses behind KD but that’ll take along time

As I say 62k might not be the number but can’t see Annie road going higher than main stand and can’t go as far back as seats will be too far away 

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2019, 09:54:26 am »
I can’t see how you could physically get to more than £62k by doing the Annie road alone
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2019, 09:57:01 am »
Maybe so but you can’t go back with the kop. You can’t currently do KD. Main stand max. So Annie road only option

The only way that changes is if we buy houses behind KD but that’ll take along time

As I say 62k might not be the number but can’t see Annie road going higher than main stand and can’t go as far back as seats will be too far away

That's why I said in the original post to plan ahead for that, if that involves buying houses then so be it.

It doesn't need to be built tomorrow but it's about long term planning.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2019, 09:59:55 am »
That's why I said in the original post to plan ahead for that, if that involves buying houses then so be it.

It doesn't need to be built tomorrow but it's about long term planning.

Missed that sorry

Sure the club do plan long term like that but we won’t see an anfield considerably bigger than 62k in next what 10 years?

Let’s just hope AR gets sorted

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2019, 10:35:45 am »
Missed that sorry

Sure the club do plan long term like that but we won’t see an anfield considerably bigger than 62k in next what 10 years?

Let’s just hope AR gets sorted

No we won't but if in 10-15 years time there's a realistic plan in place to do something big with the KD and ideally have a new Anfield station built or imminent then i'd take that, rather than just do the ARE and think job done because that's when you'll start getting noises about a new stadium again in 10-15 years.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2019, 12:54:37 pm »
Fantastic news, the Annie Rd, because of its location has always been a bit shit, and at the moment it lets the stadium down big time.

However,I always thought the biggest set back in previous attempts to increase our capacity to over 60k (be it the Annie Rd or any other stand) was that we had to supply better rail transport links to the area as part of any proposed deal with the council.

Has this scenario changed in anyway, for us to suddenly come up with this bigger than expected expansion plan?
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 1, 2019, 05:11:50 pm »
Aside from the odd night Anfield had become depressing to go to before the redevelopment which happened to coincide with Klopp's arrival. Two things which have signifantly improved the buzz and atmosphere. Anfield needs the team on the pitch and a manager the crowd can identify with.

Sorry but given the state of your summer posts I don't think you're in a position to be speaking for the entire matchgoing fanbase and describing their trips to Anfield as depressing.

In this hypothetical world where you think we need a fancy new stadium why don't we have the new stand anymore? Weird to use 4 years ago as a barometer

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: August 2, 2019, 04:34:12 am »
Around 61,000 when done. No hosp boxes. Built same way as the main stand. Some low level hosp at front of upper tier.  Still working on what to do with away fans.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #54 on: August 2, 2019, 07:02:38 am »
Around 61,000 when done. No hosp boxes. Built same way as the main stand. Some low level hosp at front of upper tier.  Still working on what to do with away fans.

Well look who it is.

In my mind you’ve escaped the FSG bunker in the dead of night with a smuggled in phone to transmit us this important message. Then you returned to your cell, sneaking past the trademarking room where they’re feverishly trying to trademark the colour red. Stay safe big man/woman. You’re doing important work.

Over.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: August 2, 2019, 08:11:59 am »
Well look who it is.

In my mind you’ve escaped the FSG bunker in the dead of night with a smuggled in phone to transmit us this important message. Then you returned to your cell, sneaking past the trademarking room where they’re feverishly trying to trademark the colour red. Stay safe big man/woman. You’re doing important work.

Over.

Ha ha! To be fair I have been saying all this for ages, they just locked the other thread!  Not sure I would want to work for the club or fsg thanks!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 2, 2019, 09:09:43 am »

Away fans need to be up in the gods where they're too affected by altitude sickness to cheer.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #57 on: August 2, 2019, 09:15:02 am »
Away fans need to be up in the gods where they're too affected by altitude sickness to cheer.

But won't they be able to pour piss on our fans below them? :D

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #58 on: August 2, 2019, 09:31:49 am »
I've always agreed sticking the away fans up in the gods would be the best option, similar to Newcastle.

I think 61k would be fine, interested to see the designs when they are finally released.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #59 on: August 2, 2019, 09:55:59 am »
Just out of curiosity, you have referred to the club being able to go to 70k+ if they really wanted to..

What would that involve to go that big, would it be to rebuild the KD Stand and leave the ARE as it is or have to rebuild both and fill corners in?

I understand that there is nothing we can do with the Kop and the Main Stand is brand new.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #60 on: August 2, 2019, 10:03:20 am »
But won't they be able to pour piss on our fans below them? :D

Generally I dislike away fans being stuck somewhere high up. Seems a bit of a dick move. Buuut..

How about a small sliver of fans going all the way up the main stand instead, give them L1/M1/U1. Spread them all so far out that they'll never be able to get a song going. Also solves the piss thing.

Offline MurfySmurfy

• Main Stander
« Reply #61 on: August 2, 2019, 10:13:06 am »

When you say built the same way as the main stand, do you mean the bottom tier will remain as-is? Disappointing if so - the corner with Kenny stand is horrendous!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62 on: August 2, 2019, 10:55:06 am »
Not allowed to stick the away fans in the gods as per Premier League rules. Some of them have to be pitch side. Newcastle get away with it because of 'health and safety reasons' or some shit.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 2, 2019, 11:17:24 am »
Not allowed to stick the away fans in the gods as per Premier League rules. Some of them have to be pitch side. Newcastle get away with it because of 'health and safety reasons' or some shit.

Good news too. Shouldn't be wishing for a more sterile atmosphere.

One of my favourite european aways was San Siro (for Inter) because their owner insisted away fans should be close to the game (while AC's did the opposite)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #64 on: August 2, 2019, 11:18:48 am »
Generally I dislike away fans being stuck somewhere high up. Seems a bit of a dick move. Buuut..

How about a small sliver of fans going all the way up the main stand instead, give them L1/M1/U1. Spread them all so far out that they'll never be able to get a song going. Also solves the piss thing.

The ones in the top tier can pour piss on their own fans!

Problem solved.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 2, 2019, 01:18:44 pm »
Good news too. Shouldn't be wishing for a more sterile atmosphere.

One of my favourite european aways was San Siro (for Inter) because their owner insisted away fans should be close to the game (while AC's did the opposite)

I sat with the Napoli fans in January against AC at the San Siro and we were up in the Gods. Was boss though

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #66 on: August 2, 2019, 05:48:24 pm »
When you say built the same way as the main stand, do you mean the bottom tier will remain as-is? Disappointing if so - the corner with Kenny stand is horrendous!

He means same construction process as main stand. Construction of new structure, supports and roof will all be built behind/ over existing stand during season so as not to disrupt capacity.  During off season - old roof and supports cut out, new structure connected to existing structure.

61k Meh. Would only be the 3rd largest prem stadium. FSG f#$%ing out. Someone get Al in here.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 2, 2019, 07:10:06 pm »
Well look who it is.

Over.

Ha ha

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 2, 2019, 08:35:04 pm »
Sorry but given the state of your summer posts I don't think you're in a position to be speaking for the entire matchgoing fanbase and describing their trips to Anfield as depressing.

In this hypothetical world where you think we need a fancy new stadium why don't we have the new stand anymore? Weird to use 4 years ago as a barometer

It's not because it's not just on the pitch that Klopp has turned our fortunes around. With the exception of the title run in of 13/14 Anfield wasn't a great place to go atmosphere and matchday experience wise most of the time (it'd raise it now and again) from at least Rafa's last season through to Klopp coming in. Even in 08/09 the crowd was often quiet and edgy and we had a lot of frustrating home draws (fans booing the players after West Ham when we went top). Even in the period immediately before that you had schemes like Reclaim the Kop because the atmosphere had got that bad and the new section came in at the back of the Kop in I think 2007 to try and improve it.

Although he was ridiculed at the time, that WBA game with the equaliser at the end and the embrace in front of the Kop with the team was actually the turning point. It was one of the earlier games of the new stand as well. The extra 9,000 seats brought much needed new blood into the ground into what was become an ageing matchday fanbase, particularly in that old Main Stand.  The two things together have brought life back to the old ground.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2019, 08:41:35 pm by Fromola »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #69 on: August 2, 2019, 08:55:02 pm »
but the main was kind of added to.  The lower tier was totally remodelled but essentially kept.

Doing the same with the Annie road would surely make it more difficult  to increase capacity?

Very interested to see their ideas though.

It was. The lower tier of the Main Stand is pretty much the whole of the old Main Stand. Keeping it was important because of modern guidance on seat and row spacings. If the stand had been rebuilt from scratch the number of additional seats would have been far lower.

The same applies to the Anfield Road. Rebuilding from scratch would mean fewer seats on the old footprint at a higher cost.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 2, 2019, 10:47:39 pm »

So if they do mirror the main stand it should look very similar to this.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 2, 2019, 10:52:38 pm »
And in a few years it'll be - it's impossible to get Cup Final tickets as there's too many people in the ballot!
that’s what has happened the last 3 seasons!!

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 2, 2019, 10:58:01 pm »

remember when old Trafford was getting redeveloped around 1995 they had a season or so without away fans (or at least officially ;)), can’t we try that?

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 2, 2019, 11:20:59 pm »
remember when old Trafford was getting redeveloped around 1995 they had a season or so without away fans (or at least officially ;)), can’t we try that?

I went to that game (when they were redoing the stretford end) I sat with the Utd fans if my memory serves me right we drew 2-2 I think we were 2-0 up I think Rushie scored (but I’m not certain as it was a long time ago) I had to keep my mouth shut that day I hated it.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 2, 2019, 11:46:07 pm »
I went to that game (when they were redoing the stretford end) I sat with the Utd fans if my memory serves me right we drew 2-2 I think we were 2-0 up I think Rushie scored (but I’m not certain as it was a long time ago) I had to keep my mouth shut that day I hated it.
probably for the best they got that late penalty that day, god knows if I could have gotten out alive had I been there in the stretford end seeing the return of their king end up in defeat to the one team they hate losing to ;D

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
  • last seen in 3ft(13ft) fountain in istanbul
« Reply #75 on: August 6, 2019, 03:56:52 pm »
61,905, the most Anfield has ever held, would be good to complete the next phase and go over that...
@sevvyparklee

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #76 on: August 6, 2019, 04:03:50 pm »
almost exactly similar to main stand

Tremendous contradictions in three words... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #77 on: August 6, 2019, 04:06:57 pm »
61,905, the most Anfield has ever held, would be good to complete the next phase and go over that...
Where’s that number come from?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 6, 2019, 04:08:36 pm »
Where’s that number come from?

Probably from here - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anfield#Records. It was a FA cup game against Wolves in 1952.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 7, 2019, 12:34:06 am »

Disagree with you on this, putting away fans 'in the gods' is a shit house thing to do
I am a man of few words.....any questions?