Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 502717 times)

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
Re: Coutinho
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2017, 12:04:39 pm »
There's no buyout in his contract and he's still got 3 or 4 years on it.

Just like August we hold all the aces here.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Re: Coutinho
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2017, 12:11:04 pm »
There's no buyout in his contract and he's still got 3 or 4 years on it.

Just like August we hold all the aces here.
5 year contract started on 1st July ... just over 5 months into it.

Barca need to pay up if they want him.  £130m easily.. no cut price deals, we have no need to help them.

Pay up or go away...

They won’t buy him this window anyway, they are buying Griezeman this window...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2017, 12:17:46 pm »
All the more reason not to rise to the games that Barca's media continue to play. Coutinho is our player he is playing wonderfully well, we have no reason to sell him in January.
Agree. The 150M fee is more of a summer thing. He shouldn't be sold this January while we still have a lot to play for.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2017, 12:30:20 pm »
He’s not going until the summer and then the question will be who comes in for him and how much do we get.  If Barca go for Griezman they won’t have enough money to also go for Coutinho so the only other options would be Madrid and PSG.  Not sure if Madrid is in need of a player like Coutinho but PSG would surely be a big draw considering his best mate is playing there.  On current form, his value would be just short of Neymar’s. 

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2017, 12:31:41 pm »
He cant play in Europe and lets face it they have sewn up the league already. We would be beyond stupid to let him go now. Wish he will stay but his heart seems still set on leaving. If Barca want Greizman or the lad from Gremio I think then they cant afford Phil. Either way we tell them no and see what the summer brings
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2017, 01:19:38 pm »
Don't sell him whatever price they are willing to pay!
These bastards have tried and put pressure on us through different channels...lately that pr**k of Paulinho openly invited Coutinho to join him at Barça..comparing Phil's situation to his when he was in China...

Honestly, if I had a say in this transfer saga, I would never sell Coutinho to Barça whatever price they are willing to pay...they can go fu** themselves!

Offline coutinho and firmino

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2017, 01:24:31 pm »
Keep giving him the captains armband, keep him in January, then send him to Russia for a James Rodriguez like World Cup.

Then the first thing we have to say to Barca is, how much did you buy Dembele for? 135mil? He is twice the player Dembele is.

Lets price Barca out of this deal.

We have to be aggressive.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2017, 01:27:04 pm »
There must be some terrible confusion about FSG if anyone thinks Coutinho is going in January. Whatever their faults, they know how to make a return on investment. And January is just about the worst time to sell him.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2017, 01:28:36 pm »
We don't need to price Barca out of anything, he's doing it himself.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2017, 01:31:52 pm »
Keep giving him the captains armband, keep him in January, then send him to Russia for a James Rodriguez like World Cup.

Then the first thing we have to say to Barca is, how much did you buy Dembele for? 135mil? He is twice the player Dembele is.

Lets price Barca out of this deal.

We have to be aggressive.

I wouldn't personally give him the armband unless he fully commits, which he tenically did on paper signing a 5 tears contract!

They can offer him a more lucrative contract or sell him to some other team, not Barcelona! And in this case we must have already signed a world class player to replace him...

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2017, 01:40:38 pm »
He’s not going until the summer and then the question will be who comes in for him and how much do we get.  If Barca go for Griezman they won’t have enough money to also go for Coutinho so the only other options would be Madrid and PSG.  Not sure if Madrid is in need of a player like Coutinho but PSG would surely be a big draw considering his best mate is playing there.  On current form, his value would be just short of Neymar’s.

PSG haven't payed for mbappe yet have they?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2017, 01:46:42 pm »
I wouldn't personally give him the armband unless he fully commits, which he tenically did on paper signing a 5 tears contract!

They can offer him a more lucrative contract or sell him to some other team, not Barcelona! And in this case we must have already signed a world class player to replace him...

Coutinho has risen to the task when he has been made Captain. Much like Stevie, he leads by example and consistently class displays.

He's our best player too. He's also our number one big game player. Transfer threat or not, he's much more deserving and worthy of captaining the side than Henderson in all honesty.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2017, 01:48:25 pm »
If he is to leave, I'd much rather it be to PSG or Madrid.

In Draxler/Rabiot and Ceballos/Kovacic there are players who may be of interest to us.

The only deal I'd be not pissed off with is like 80-100m+Kovacic.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2017, 01:58:37 pm »
PSG haven't payed for mbappe yet have they?

I think, bizarrely, he is on loan to PSG right now with them having to buy him next summer.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2017, 02:03:59 pm »
Coutinho has risen to the task when he has been made Captain. Much like Stevie, he leads by example and consistently class displays.

He's our best player too. He's also our number one big game player. Transfer threat or not, he's much more deserving and worthy of captaining the side than Henderson in all honesty.

I wouldn't compare Stevie with Coutinho, whatever football arguments you try and put forward. I think I would be disrespecting Stevie by doing so.

He might be our best player, maybe. But captaincy isn't only about that. A captain must lead by example on and OFF the pitch. Handing in a transfer request, like he did last summer,  isn't a statement of commitment or an example to follow. 

And I won't engage in debating whether Henderson deserves the armband or not, the lad has all my respect for his commitment to the cause, on and off the pitch.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2017, 02:05:18 pm »
Hopefully Barcelona get a transfer ban for tapping up the player from Gremio. The comments from their players is complete shithousery.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2017, 02:05:27 pm »
He won't be sold in January. He'll probably leave in the summer after the WC. In the meantime, club policy should be that anytime a Barcelona player/coaching or technical staff member talks about him joining in January the asking price goes up by £5m

Got a feeling he'll end up at PSG though or maybe Real Madrid

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2017, 02:07:18 pm »

I wouldn’t give him the armband simply because he doesn’t seem the type to be captain! Inspiring yes but hardly vocal or a leader in the Gerrard / Carra sense of the word. Sort of speaks volumes that we don’t really have that many in that mould

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2017, 02:14:40 pm »
We shouldn't be selling him for any money. Hope the board and the fans have the stomach for a fight and I hope Barca get a transfer ban.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2017, 02:15:54 pm »
No chance we sell him next month. Replacements are hard to find in January, they are even more expensive and most are cup tied in the CL. If we sell him, it will be in the summer

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2017, 02:16:59 pm »

In Draxler/Rabiot and Ceballos/Kovacic there are players who may be of interest to us.

Just no. What is with this weird fascination with developing genuinely world class players and then selling them?! What's the point. Keep him at any cost.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2017, 02:34:04 pm »
Hopefully Barcelona get a transfer ban for tapping up the player from Gremio. The comments from their players is complete shithousery.

I think Atletico Madrid have sued them already..I hope they get a transfer ban very soon, twats!!!

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2017, 02:51:15 pm »
Barca getting an 18 month transfer ban would be utopia.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2017, 02:52:51 pm »

with Keita arriving, we would need to replace him with a  similar player imo... Draxler perhaps, doubt PSG will give up Rabiot but there is no need as we won´t sell i strongly hope.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2017, 03:09:47 pm »
We shouldn't be selling him for any money. Hope the board and the fans have the stomach for a fight and I hope Barca get a transfer ban.

I couldn't agree more. The bastards can't knock on our door, whenever they need a player. Fuck off twats, you are not even biggest club in Spain.

Don't sell him even for 200mil.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2017, 03:15:53 pm »
I couldn't agree more. The bastards can't knock on our door, whenever they need a player. Fuck off twats, you are not even biggest club in Spain.

Totally agree with you mate!!! 

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2017, 03:32:44 pm »
One absolute shower of shite that club, think they can do and say whatever they want without any ramifications. The whole “more than a club” thing, then conduct themselves in this way? c*nts.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2017, 03:54:53 pm »

I think Fsg and klopp thinks differently, and would sell him for 200. Bur not much less, either. This summer showed how difficult it can be to spend money. 150M is my guessed price tag , and I doubt Barca will go that far.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2017, 04:16:59 pm »
They've been at this shit for years, and they'll keep doing it until UEFA step in, which they won't, it's shameless and shameful, not one ounce of class whatsoever

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2017, 04:17:15 pm »
I wouldn’t give him the armband simply because he doesn’t seem the type to be captain! Inspiring yes but hardly vocal or a leader in the Gerrard / Carra sense of the word. Sort of speaks volumes that we don’t really have that many in that mould

in contrary, he leads with his attitude and commitment. His english is much better and he is one of the longest serving players in current 11 without Henderson... has already 200 appereances, i think second only after Henderson..

he is a great choice atm.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2017, 04:17:17 pm »
Paulinho today and in the last 9 days alone -

Iniesta - http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3319499/andres-iniesta-liverpools-philippe-coutinho-wont-take-my-barcelona-spot

Xavi - http://www.fcbarcelonanoticias.com/xavi-habla-sobre-neymar-se-posiciona-sobre-coutinho-207893-2017-12.php

Rakitic - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11180882/barcelona-door-always-open-to-players-like-philippe-coutinho-says-ivan-rakitic

Suarez - http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/barcelona-suarez-hails-elite-griezmann-coutinho/x3pz5govhqac1fcf5axqggmyn

They are a disgrace, without doubt one of the most classless clubs that have ever existed. We should tell these to fuck off regardless of whatever money they offer (and they cant afford him anyway). Suarez can fuck right off as well, he doesn't shut up about him.

What a fucking disgrace. Especially Paulinho, a real twat.

Barcelona shouldn't be given the possibility to sign Coutinho whatever price they are willing to put in the table. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Is it true that Atletico sued them for tapping up Griezman? I hope we can do something similiar...hopefully they can get a transfer ban...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:20:05 pm by arab88 »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2017, 04:18:08 pm »
I think Atletico Madrid have sued them already..I hope they get a transfer ban very soon, twats!!!
They got one already but made a mockery of it

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2017, 04:19:02 pm »
in contrary, he leads with his attitude and commitment. His english is much better and he is one of the longest serving players in current 11 without Henderson... has already 200 appereances, i think second only after Henderson..

he is a great choice atm.

Well, we will agree to disagree on this. That's it.

For me he doesn't deserve to wear that armband, and I have already explained why. And I can't give a damn about how good he is.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2017, 04:19:17 pm »
Agree. The 150M fee is more of a summer thing. He shouldn't be sold this January while we still have a lot to play for.

january premium - £200m?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2017, 04:21:08 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2017, 04:24:55 pm »
"More Than a Club".  ::) ::) ::)

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2017, 04:24:57 pm »

don't get the ceballos links.  good player but no end product and not tall enough to play at the base of MF for me.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2017, 04:25:17 pm »
What a fucking disgrace. Especially Paulinho, a real twat.

Barcelona shouldn't be given the possibility to sign Coutinho whatever price they are willing to put in the table. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Is it true that Atletico sued them for tapping up Griezman? I hope we can do something similiar...hopefully they can get a transfer ban...

i hope so as well, they are in no position to tap up a player of a direct rival especially in competition that is ongoing, the Champions League, these comments can affect the mood of our players and should be not allowed by Barcelona. Hope we sue them.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2017, 04:26:01 pm »

who does these days?