Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 877161 times)

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2012, 04:12:10 am »
Oh v droll. Well done!

But again my whole post hasn't been read in its entirety. We need BALANCE in football.

Barca r SLOW!

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are ponderous with the ball. I'm saying that I would prefer to watch ARSENAL OR US circa LAST YEARS PERFORMANCE AT FULHAM OR AT HOME VS MAN CITY.

NOT JUST PASS AND MOVE BUT DIRECT PASS AND MOVE ONE TOUCH FOOTBALL AND SOME SPEED IN THE PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a strange thing to say.  barcelona playing at their normal standard are just about as diametrically opposed to ponderous as it's possible to be. ball constantly moving, players constantly moving, triangles, reverse passes, through balls.  it's thrilling football.  it's a work of art, really.

the problem the last few games is that they have lacked that speed of thought and guile.  when you face a team who are willing to sit back and defend for their lives, if you don't have speed of thought you're screwed.  couple that with a virtually non-existent defence and it's been a spectacular self-destruction.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline thereader

• Weerrrdapeeepeeehllllllll!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2012, 04:18:24 am »
once again people are talking shite...when you play like Barcelona you dont need fucking plan B

if Messi scored that penalty, you wouldn't talk about plan B,C,D...about "boring" style, about "shite" tactics
They lose the two most important trophies this season and shouldn't even consider an alternative way to play sometimes?

Football snobbery to say they 'don't need a Plan B'.

Offline KUNGFUDANCER

• boring wum who thinks La Liga is on a par with the Scottish Premier League... clueless too... don't bother arguing with me because it will just make your head hurt...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2012, 05:18:04 am »
you can't expect to win every trophy every single season. barca are fine and don't need plan B or whatever.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2012, 05:41:52 am »
I bet the ones suggesting that they needed a plan B were all out here thoroughly enjoying themselves when Iniesta hit that rasper of a shot a couple of years to send Barcelona through against Chelsea. 

As for Mr. loon comparing Barca's performance against Chelsea in a do or die semi final with ours against Fulham and saying our playing style is better,

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline redbanky

• Anny Roader
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2012, 05:49:42 am »
I bet the ones suggesting that they needed a plan B were all out here thoroughly enjoying themselves when Iniesta hit that rasper of a shot a couple of years to send Barcelona through against Chelsea. 

As for Mr. loon comparing Barca's performance against Chelsea in a do or die semi final with ours against Fulham and saying our playing style is better,

Try re-reading that post and you'll see he doesn't compare playing styles or the performance but the fact that they surrounded the ref more in one half-time than LFC did in half the bloody season.
And they always get away with it.
"Mit hjerte banker stadig for Liverpool. Det har det altid gjort. Det vil det altid gøre."

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2012, 05:55:11 am »
Try re-reading that post and you'll see he doesn't compare playing styles or the performance but the fact that they surrounded the ref more in one half-time than LFC did in half the bloody season.
And they always get away with it.

There you go !

Oh v droll. Well done!

But again my whole post hasn't been read in its entirety. We need BALANCE in football.

Barca r SLOW!

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are ponderous with the ball. I'm saying that I would prefer to watch ARSENAL OR US circa LAST YEARS PERFORMANCE AT FULHAM OR AT HOME VS MAN CITY.

NOT JUST PASS AND MOVE BUT DIRECT PASS AND MOVE ONE TOUCH FOOTBALL AND SOME SPEED IN THE PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2012, 06:00:16 am »
They are a solid side with a deep rooted footballing philosophy that has taken ages to put in place. Every team cannot win everything each year, just watch them go out and sweep everything away next season. That is how much these defeats mean to them.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2012, 06:35:00 am »
For me, they're currently missing a player with real goalscoring instincts like Villa or Eto'o when it comes to the big games. Someone who'll sniff out a chance when they're struggling to break down the opposition, Villa's been a much bigger loss than most thought at first.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2012, 06:41:01 am »
Congratulations, Fernando Torres.  You deserve to be in a Champions League Final, just wish it had been with us.  Good luck.
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2012, 06:54:36 am »
It's hard to criticise Barcelona for anything because they are an amazing side and have clocked up the major trophies to boot. But don't people think that maybe they should have tried just something a bit different yesterday?

It was only because they seemed to be a bit out of form. Their tactic is generally let their creative players create something and I guess their creative players all reside in the centre of the field so it was all about getting a through ball through in and around the box. Even when they went wide it seemed to only be to try to stretch the game a bit and the instruction of the wide players seemed to be to then give it back to Xavi and co so that they could possibly do something with that extra space. If a through ball on the deck didn't get through then they tried the dinked/chipped pass a lot which would have been so easy for the defenders as it would have been in front of them and never got them turning towards their own goal.

I dunno, maybe stick Messi out wide and tell him and the winger on the other side to really stretch the play and get at the fullback? God knows they have the ability. Maybe float some crosses into the centre rather than drilled, middle to low crosses just to see if they can get Cech off his line a bit? Maybe take some long shots just to give them a bit more to think about because Messi was the only one willing to have a go from a distance and hence a couple of people on him all the time. Maybe having Iniesta or Xavi or Sanchez have a shot may have just been something a bit different?

Also, I thought the lack of a real striker and Dabid Beeya drinks sangria really told last night. Their forward line never really gave the defenders anything to think about both in terms of movement (although to be fair there wouldn't have been enough space to move into) or directness. Someone like Villa would have given that and also probably got vexed with the passing and taken some long shots, something of which he is capable of doing.

That said though, Chelsea defended well and deserve to be in the final. Also, you don't want to be too harsh on Barcelona because they are amazing and still the best team in the world and will challenge and may very well win everything next season. Also the reason why they play this amazing football is probably because they spend so much time practicing this way that they have no time to try another style (nor would we want them to). I mean, fucking hell, no striker, no full backs, 4 central midfielders, 78% possession even away from home? Some practice needed to make that effective.

But it just goes to show you that in Football and in sport there is never a sure thing and even the best in the world can be toppled.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:57:44 am by killer_heels »

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2012, 07:00:03 am »
For me, they're currently missing a player with real goalscoring instincts like Villa or Eto'o when it comes to the big games. Someone who'll sniff out a chance when they're struggling to break down the opposition, Villa's been a much bigger loss than most thought at first.

They've missed Villa badly since his injury.

Seeing as he's really the only striker they have in the side, they should have gotten a backup in. I know Messi has like a billion goals this year but in games where he's playing as more of a creator (like vs Chelsea) then there's no-one in there to finish off the stuff they create. It's down to their style of play admittedly and another striker would have to warm the bench or be rotated with Villa which won't please either of them, but we've now seen 3 games (2x Chelsea, 1x Real) where if Barca had more of a scoring threat they'd have probably won.

I do wish they'd have a few more shots though :)

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2012, 07:24:03 am »
They've missed Villa badly since his injury.

Seeing as he's really the only striker they have in the side, they should have gotten a backup in. I know Messi has like a billion goals this year but in games where he's playing as more of a creator (like vs Chelsea) then there's no-one in there to finish off the stuff they create. It's down to their style of play admittedly and another striker would have to warm the bench or be rotated with Villa which won't please either of them, but we've now seen 3 games (2x Chelsea, 1x Real) where if Barca had more of a scoring threat they'd have probably won.

I do wish they'd have a few more shots though :)

sounds like a team in red we all know

;D
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Online Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2012, 07:53:10 am »
Never seen messi mis place so many passes, and even his touch let him down on so many occasions.

Previous winners will never win it back to back. They could of been playing the owls team and still would of gone out.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2012, 08:16:41 am »
some muppets coming out the woodwork today. just heard one idiot say that barcelona and spain are "overrated" and that busquets, mascherano and sanchez are "average".

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2012, 08:21:37 am »
some muppets coming out the woodwork today. just heard one idiot say that barcelona and spain are "overrated" and that busquets, mascherano and sanchez are "average".

*Shakes head sadly*

An idea for Barca might be for Messi to be moved out wide again - generally the way to defend against Barca now seems to be to flood the centre, so putting Messi up against Ramires on the left imo, could've payed dividends. I mean, it's where he started.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Red Being

• Anny Roader
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2012, 08:51:44 am »
i think its all part and parcel of the game....people predicting their downfall now itself are overreacting....la liga-they won 3 in a row,compelling real to 'buy' a ridiculously talented team to dethrone them....i dont think any team can maintain that level of consistency where you can go on winning everything for a long period...especially when a team like real are chasing you...and due to the nature of the champions league,exit from it does not in any way signal the decline of any team....because the CL is where small differences and luck play a huge part in ones fate....in 2010 they went out to inter courtesy of a wrongly disallowed goal...now they go out as a result of the world's best player failing to convert a penalty....its just the way the CL is...hope pep stays and face the challenge

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2012, 08:52:29 am »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2012, 08:53:59 am »
No doubt muppets of journos will try their best to bring about the downfall of barca. They are still the best team around, and probably ever.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2012, 08:54:08 am »
Barcelona are still the best team in the world. They will be back next season. They need a plan B, but to be fair, their plan A works 99.9% of the time, so you can't blame them for sticking with plan A. This was not like the 09 semi finals vs Chelsea where Barca hardly had a sniff at goal. If Barca put away their chances over two legs, Chelsea would have been humiliated.

Offline petrichor

• Kopite
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2012, 08:57:01 am »
barca don't need a plan b, they just need to keep servicing plan A which needs some new parts and fine tuning, not a total overhaul
think they do need a striker, not a forward like sanchez, and some reinforcements in defence

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2012, 08:59:01 am »
they've just had a bad 3 games where they have missed a lot of chances

kinda like us since August last year.

But right now, let's get it right, the best team in the world are Real Madrid.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2012, 09:04:59 am »
I think it's too simple to blame their form on Villa's injury. Villa wasn't actually having the best season and was missing sitters left and right too.

What hurt Barca is the thin squad, particularly in defense. And they have been playing so many games these couple of years the fatigue finally caught up with them.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2012, 09:07:06 am »
I think it's too simple to blame their form on Villa's injury. Villa wasn't actually having the best season and was missing sitters left and right too.

What hurt Barca is the thin squad, particularly in defense. And they have been playing so many games these couple of years the fatigue finally caught up with them.

I think the loss of Abidal has really hit barca badly.

Offline thereader

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:02 am »
To be fair it's not all about three bad games.  In the CL they also struggled against AC Milan at times, and their La Liga downfall has been the result of dropping several points away from home to the other teams while Madrid have generally swept aside the rest, the weekend defeat was a final nail in the coffin and considering they've taken 3 points each from the Clasicos the results against the others have really been the deciding factor.

Of course talk of massive decline, calling them overrated, questioning Messi's ability etc is crazy and stupid, but I also don't think it's unfair to point out that they don't look the unstoppable force they have done for four years.  Nor is it unfair to suggest they'll need some work in terms of transfers and perhaps having a Plan B to really come back next season, but of course they'll be challenging. 

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2012, 09:23:09 am »
Thing is, I'm one of those that think they don't need a Plan B, Plan A works, it works all the time. However the fail point of Plan A is individual mistakes and clinicalness of the forwards. If the forwards are not clinical, Plan A will always fail. This season they have been fortunate that Messi has provided that clinical aspect where others such as Pedro and Villa have failed.
Fabregas was in the first half of that season was clinical as well, the second half of the season he's been acting like he's playing for Arsenal again where the season finishes in January
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Offline williamson84

• "Disgusted of Aberdeen."
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2012, 09:32:58 am »
Someone explain to me what their plan B should be then???  Because watching the game last night they tried long shots, crossing, wing play, pass and move, through balls, dribbling through the middle etc etc they tried everything possible but if you're playing against a good team that defends with every single person behind the ball, literally on/in the edge of the box you need the luck.  Drogba was playing as right back for about 25mins in the 2nd half ffs. 

Barca did look tired tho, thin squad that's pretty much played every game possible for 3 seasons including playing World Cups and Euro's in between them will take it's toll on any team.

Offline thereader

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2012, 09:36:52 am »
Thing is, I'm one of those that think they don't need a Plan B, Plan A works, it works all the time. However the fail point of Plan A is individual mistakes and clinicalness of the forwards. If the forwards are not clinical, Plan A will always fail. This season they have been fortunate that Messi has provided that clinical aspect where others such as Pedro and Villa have failed.
Fabregas was in the first half of that season was clinical as well, the second half of the season he's been acting like he's playing for Arsenal again where the season finishes in January
Fair enough, but in that case I assume you think they'll need to do something in the transfer market, to get a more clinical side?

My point was it's not unfair to say they have some work to do in the summer, not a revolution of course but I don't think they can just go again next season without changing anything, whether it be players or the 'plan B' idea.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2012, 09:43:08 am »
Being honest, I think Barcas defence is shite and calling them the best team in the world is a massive overstatement considering they have so many glaring weaknesses.

A goalie who is shite, a defence that can't really defend, they'll get away with it 95% of the time it's just when they come up against top opposition they may get find out.

As much as I think Rafa had his weaknesses, I believe Rafa's side would beat this Barca side 7 or 8 out of 10 times, we did virtually everything right. However I wouldn't claim rafa's side to be the best they just did everything well.

Barca only know one way to play, it's great to watch and there as good as anything I've ever seen going forward but there's a few ways to win a football match and you've got to be able to defend as well.

Offline mactifosi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2012, 09:49:07 am »
I also think their style of play has become too predictable.
It seems the way to stop them now is to just flood the centre.

Barca are given width but are reluctant to use it.
I am not sure where this aversion has come from.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2012, 09:50:16 am »
One thing I have been saying for months is how David Villa is critically underrated in that team. I accept that Messi is the best player in their team, fuck that, the world, and he has the creative geniuses of Xavi and Iniesta along with him but Villa supplies the end product. Their whole play in the last week is just ending up passing to the wing to Alves who will play a horrbile ball back to the outside of the box which will easily be dealt with. They need someone up forward who can easily take responsibilty when the other stars are not performing.

The standard of the defence has fallen. I mean how Adriano isn't the best out of all LB's in the world. Puyol getting old, even if he can still do the trick. Alves in the past few match has been poor attacking as a wing back. And the worst is Valdes. I think the loss of Abidal was a big blow.

What happened to Pedro this season ? Just checked wiki and he played 43 games and only scored 9 times. I thought he was having a boss season last year...

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2012, 09:51:33 am »
Being honest, I think Barcas defence is shite and calling them the best team in the world is a massive overstatement considering they have so many glaring weaknesses.

A goalie who is shite, a defence that can't really defend, they'll get away with it 95% of the time it's just when they come up against top opposition they may get find out.

As much as I think Rafa had his weaknesses, I believe Rafa's side would beat this Barca side 7 or 8 out of 10 times, we did virtually everything right. However I wouldn't claim rafa's side to be the best they just did everything well.

Barca only know one way to play, it's great to watch and there as good as anything I've ever seen going forward but there's a few ways to win a football match and you've got to be able to defend as well.

Spot on.  Their defence is piss poor as you pointed out.  Its no wonder that they win no trophies. 

Online Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2012, 09:53:08 am »
David Villa wouldn't have helped - he has been on a downward slope for a while now.
Tello doesn't offer much, when you think Bojan was sold and Tello is replacing him. Cuenca is alright.
Barcelona have been sloppy the past few games. If you don't finish/score, you lose. As simple as that. Fabregas hasn't contributed any goals for what looks like months now. Pique has been off as well, and Abidal has been a big loss.

They should be worried for the medium term and the Copa del Rey.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2012, 09:55:08 am »
I also think their style of play has become too predictable.
It seems the way to stop them now is to just flood the centre.

Barca are given width but are reluctant to use it.
I am not sure where this aversion has come from.

Barca have scored over 100+ goals in all competitions this year (I have no idea what the tally is but it must be close to 130ish) , so while their style might be predictable there are very few teams that can do anything about it. They scored twice last night with messi missing a penalty and a host of other chances going begging.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2012, 09:57:49 am »
Their only major problem yesterday was the tempo in the final third....too slow, particularly in the second half.  Not helped by Messi having a (relative) shitter.  In a way they were a bit boring to watch yesterday as they were simply not good enough in and around the box.

Also couldn't understand why they didn't try and get to the byline a little more and try a few pull backs, as crosses into the box were never going to be successful against Chelsea.

I'll never tire of watching Xavi play football though.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2012, 10:00:39 am »

Also couldn't understand why they didn't try and get to the byline a little more and try a few pull backs, as crosses into the box were never going to be successful against Chelsea.

Particularly frustrating watching Alves, Drogba is the defender and he would get the ball, shimmy forward then stop and pass back to Xavi/Cesc/Messi on the edge of the box I think I can remember all but one instance when he tried to take drogba on failed and then just basically gave up.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2012, 10:05:27 am »
1000x this.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2012, 10:07:18 am »
Barcelona have been accused of overpassing the ball but I don't think this is the case.  One of the best things about this team is the fact that every pass they make is accurate, perfect weight into the path of the receiving player so he is set to move that ball on within a fraction of a second if need be.  This is the case for simple 5 yard passes.  Only a handful of passes are made behind the receiving player so that he has to check his stride to collect the ball.  The collective result is that they are able to open up the opposition as defences are not able to get set or in position because of the passing accuracy.

This is where they have been poor over the last few games.  They have overhit, underhit and played passes behind team mates.  Where earlier in the season they may have made 10 passes in 20 seconds, they are now taking 23/24 seconds to make the same number (for example).  It gave the likes of Madrid and Chelsea the time to get back into shape.

Not to mention the missed chances.

It is more than likely mental fatigue.  They will need a break and regroup.  Not only that but the top sides have watched them over the last few years and must have been developing plans to counter them.  In other words their competitors have adapted.  Barcelona will have to come up with new ideas for games like the past week.

No big deal.  They are only human and this has proved it.  The important thing is how they respond.

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2012, 10:08:12 am »
Particularly frustrating watching Alves, Drogba is the defender and he would get the ball, shimmy forward then stop and pass back to Xavi/Cesc/Messi on the edge of the box I think I can remember all but one instance when he tried to take drogba on failed and then just basically gave up.
I think Alves is where Barcelona fucked up, he made some great runs and Xavi/Busquets always ignored them and delayed the pass, those were missed opportunities, as the one time they did play it through to him, they put the ball in the net and Alves was offside.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2012, 10:23:09 am »

Agree, he could have easily overlapped him and justwhip the ball into the box, but he has played like that in the past week and each time it has not been very effective.

One moments where he actually got behind the defender and calmly passed it (to Farbegas?) who finished it but was marginally offside. I think that should have been his attacking role last night. I mean he had to take Drogba on for fucking pace.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2012, 10:26:11 am »
Agree, he could have easily overlapped him and justwhip the ball into the box, but he has played like that in the past week and each time it has not been very effective.

One moments where he actually got behind the defender and calmly passed it (to Farbegas?) who finished it but was marginally offside. I think that should have been his attacking role last night. I mean he had to take Drogba on for fucking pace.

Was Sanchez who scored mate, not Fabregas.

Barca resorted to relying on Iniesta and Messi to create something last night, as soon as the ball went out wide, you knew the next sequence of passes after about 5 minutes.

Alves, to Messi, to Iniest, to Messi, to Sanchez, to Messi, to Iniest, to Messi, to Alves

Rinse and repeat.