The Liverpool FC Forum > Fan Welfare & Campaigns

Spirit of Shankly Q&A

<< < (2/87) > >>

itsgunnabebarnes!:

--- Quote from: Ricardo on January 10, 2010, 07:53:43 pm ---The ultimate aim for SOS is fan ownership. Something that we have been disapointed in the speed at which Share Liverpool has moved and an area which we may have to take over to push forward. It can be a tricky one for people to see about forcing them out. My view is that they are doing massive damage to the club and they need to be forced about before they can do anymore damage. They also actively seeking investors for the club, so it is not as though they aren't willing to sell, but the problem with nobody coming in to buy the club from them is their ridiculous valuation of the club which puts people off. We need to keep the pressure up to get them to make a decision that is for the good of the club and not their pocket. Also, the liverpool way is about making things happen ourselves and this is what we are trying to do.

--- End quote ---

Without trying to be critical, we all no share liverpool is a great idea, but its is pie in the sky stuff from where i stand. This is where i struggle to follow the long term plan as it really does not look feasable.

great idea this thread if used properly.

Des Lynam:
As well as putting pressure on the current owners, would you consider trying to get answers out of the previous regime? Try and contact Moores and Parry and question them on why they decided to put us in this mess?

Paul Gardner:

--- Quote from: koppite118 on January 10, 2010, 07:49:52 pm ---Whats the truth behind the build on the new stadium starting in April???

--- End quote ---

We haven't been told anything and the way it has been leaked I personally can't see much truth in it so far. If it is getting built, questions need to be asked about how it will be funded and how that will affect our debt further. This will be a question for Purslow this week in our meeting with him (see other thread).

Paul Gardner:

--- Quote from: itsgunnabebarnes! on January 10, 2010, 07:59:18 pm ---Without trying to be critical, we all no share liverpool is a great idea, but its is pie in the sky stuff from where i stand. This is where i struggle to follow the long term plan as it really does not look feasable.

great idea this thread if used properly.

--- End quote ---

The original plan will need to be re-evaluated but if we can get our foot in the door with 10% we can have a bigger say at matters. We have to at least try and make it work.

gazzalfc:
I know I've had a direct answer for some of these questions in the past but that was not on a public forum and feel that it deserves a public answer

My questions are

How are decisions that dictate SoS policy made (i'm talking about the actual process from it firstly being brought up to it actually taking place)? What is the system currently being used to make decisions of SoS actions?

Does the system that the SoS currently use when deciding SoS actions (with regard to the recent direct action protests) work? Can you understand the viewpoint that not all members have the ability to have their say in the same way as other members?

How do SoS members who do not live close to Liverpool or in the UK have their say in SoS actions?

Should there be a way of allowing a broader range of memebers to have a direct say in these matters (such as an online vote via the website)? Is such an idea being mooted?

How has the recent 'direct action' protests affected the communication with the likes of Ian Ayre with regards to short term club matters like tickets and away travel? If not are there any plans for other Q&A talks to take place? Has there been any progress as to the wherabout of the mysterious Season ticket waiting list for instance?

Currently what are SoS's short, medium and long term goals currently?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version