The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

John Barnes

<< < (3/125) > >>

barnseysleftpeg:
My favourite LFC player ever!!!

Could do everything pass, shoot. cross, dribble, had pace, was strong and the best thing was two footed.

who can forget his goal against Everton in the fa cup when he curled it into the top corner with his right.  My favourite one of his goals.

If we had him now we'd win the league.

He'd play on the right and would still be the best player in the league.

redchiz:
I remember in some pre-Premiership mists of time we were playing QPR at Loftus Road and rather routinely beating them. The QPR fans obviously put this down to biased refereeing: "Who's the scouser in the black?"

Quick as a flash came the response from the travelling Reds: "Johnny Barnes, Johnny Barnes, Johnny Barnes..."

Maybe not very pc, but bear in mind top black players were still a rarity then and the said retort was clearly tongue-in-cheek.

Crosby Nick:

--- Quote from: redchiz on January 21, 2009, 06:06:09 pm ---I remember in some pre-Premier League mists of time we were playing QPR at Loftus Road and rather routinely beating them. The QPR fans obviously put this down to biased refereeing: "Who's the scouser in the black?"

Quick as a flash came the response from the travelling Reds: "Johnny Barnes, Johnny Barnes, Johnny Barnes..."

Maybe not very pc, but bear in mind top black players were still a rarity then and the said retort was clearly tongue-in-cheek.

--- End quote ---

Haha that is superb!

Terry de Niro:
Great idea for a thread, Nick and so refreshing to see a positive thread in the LFC forum.
Digger for me was the second best (after King Kenny) player I've seen in a red shirt. Superb player and a lovely fella too.

James B:
Top player and a legend.

You'll probably get idiots on here who think Kuyt is better though...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version