Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12301801 times)

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #104320 on: January 20, 2022, 10:34:11 pm »
I was really impressed with Bajitic (spl). Looked like a really intelligent player who is a decent athlete.
Is he quick?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104321 on: January 20, 2022, 10:42:32 pm »
Good night for the academy again.

What do people think of Bobby Clark so far?
He's been fine. Hasn't had the same instant impact as Gordon did but playing in a less settled side. Think like Jones and Balagizi he might need to become more of an 8 than a wide player as well but that can be developed over the next few years

Offline Hidegkuti

• Main Stander
« Reply #104322 on: January 21, 2022, 02:18:47 am »

He's been fine. Hasn't had the same instant impact as Gordon did but playing in a less settled side. Think like Jones and Balagizi he might need to become more of an 8 than a wide player as well but that can be developed over the next few years

Be very surprised if Clark makes it as a wide forward here, just doesn’t have the pace - reckon there’s a chance he ends up playing the 9/ false 9 - he’s pretty tall, lovely feet, decent movement and a pretty good shot - gonna be fun to see him develop….

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104323 on: January 21, 2022, 10:27:14 am »
Hell of an overreaction in here to Arat leaving. At the end of the day if he and his family think he’d be better off under a different style of football then they have to do what they feel is right by him. Also I saw a rumour he’s going to Barca and it’s pretty clear he’s a Barca fan from some of his insta videos.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #104324 on: January 21, 2022, 10:38:00 am »
Sorry, but this was the only link I could find. But it seems "eight year old future Messi" has parted ways with Liverpool's Academy. Apparently, we're "no longer useful". There's something about the way this kid is being managed that just doesn't sit right?

https://www.90min.com/posts/liverpool-wonderkid-arat-hosseini-announces-departure-from-club
When explaining the decision to withdraw Arat from the academy, his father Mohammed wrote: "Just decided to break up because Arat's style of play does not fit with this (Liverpool's)."
Is that because we teach our youth players to pass the ball to their teammates, which Mohammed finds to be so egregious?

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104325 on: January 22, 2022, 02:46:34 pm »
U18s seeing out a good win at Boro away here, 5-2 with about five minutes to go.

Jonas, an OG, Cannonier x2, Chambers with the goals

Cannonier looking like the Haaland of the U18s league  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #104326 on: January 22, 2022, 02:52:09 pm »
Hopefully Cannonier hasn't stopped growing, last time I watched him he was about 3ft tall.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104327 on: January 22, 2022, 02:54:06 pm »
Davidson added a 6th at the end. Good win.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #104328 on: January 22, 2022, 03:51:09 pm »
strong sense that this kid is going to flame out and hard.

There was a book I read about a decade ago that was about hockey parents and it's amazing how stupid demands and parental influence can absolutely destroy a promising athletes career. There was one story in the book of a kid who as a seven-year old broke Wayne Gretzky's record at that age level. Not just beat it, like destroyed it in half as many games. The media started to take note (he turned down paid appearances on the Oprah Winfrey Show and late night shows) as did the hockey equipment companies who started giving him loads of free stuff. There was the expectation that this kid would be drafted first into the NHL by the time he was 18.

By the time he was 17 he was no longer playing. A combination of things had undone his career (injuries, media spotlight, no longer being the biggest fish in a small pond). But it was also mentioned that there were factors closer to home that had a significant impact. Friendships ended; grown adults, who were jealous of his talent, were verbally threatening him; some even going so far to tell their kids to take him out. Rifts even started in his own family. His parents were arguably too involved, resulting in him playing and practising far too much. He wasn't really able to be a normal kid and once he started playing against a better calibre of player, he was no longer able to dominate due to the injuries he was carrying.

When he was interviewed for the book at age 19, he was working in a sporting goods shop trying to earn enough money to pay college tuition. He'd play recreational stuff with his friends and co-workers, but once he scored a hat-trick, he'd just sit back and recede into the background. I think a lot of parents of really talented kids assume it's an upward trajectory, rather than taking into account in the myriad of other factors that can disrupt a kid's ability to make it as a professional.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104329 on: January 23, 2022, 07:07:08 am »
Sorry, but this was the only link I could find. But it seems "eight year old future Messi" has parted ways with Liverpool's Academy. Apparently, we're "no longer useful". There's something about the way this kid is being managed that just doesn't sit right?

https://www.90min.com/posts/liverpool-wonderkid-arat-hosseini-announces-departure-from-club

"future messi"  ::)

why isn't there any 5 year old "future ron jeremy" ;D

anyone can actually recall a hyped up youth player that actually made it big? What happened to next freddy adu or pato? Mostly one trick ponies that eventually got found out or burnt out along the way with the hyped received.

The likes of messi,ronaldo,mbappe etc was only showing glimpses of making it only after performing in the seniors.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #104330 on: January 23, 2022, 07:16:03 am »
"future messi"  ::)

why isn't there any 5 year old "future ron jeremy" ;D

anyone can actually recall a hyped up youth player that actually made it big? What happened to next freddy adu or pato? Mostly one trick ponies that eventually got found out or burnt out along the way with the hyped received.

The likes of messi,ronaldo,mbappe etc was only showing glimpses of making it only after performing in the seniors.

The best ever. Maradona.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104331 on: January 23, 2022, 08:59:50 am »
The best ever. Maradona.

I would have gone with the young Scottie Parker myself  ;D

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #104332 on: January 24, 2022, 03:16:13 pm »
Kaide has just scored a brilliant solo goal for the u23s in a 2-0 away win at palace according to the bible of twitter

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104333 on: January 24, 2022, 03:23:59 pm »
Kaide has just scored a brilliant solo goal for the u23s in a 2-0 away win at palace according to the bible of twitter

For god's sake I forgot all about this as it was actually available to watch live 😡

Offline Red Star

• Kopite
« Reply #104334 on: January 24, 2022, 03:49:59 pm »
I see we got a pen…any controversy about it? 😊 Missed it anyway.

Nat Clyne and Martin Kelly in the Palace team.

Offline Hidegkuti

• Main Stander
« Reply #104335 on: January 25, 2022, 12:35:55 am »
For god's sake I forgot all about this as it was actually available to watch live 😡

Naaah it wasn’t - in true LFCTV style they scheduled to show it and then showed the arsenal second leg instead 😃

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #104336 on: January 25, 2022, 11:35:15 am »
Bit of a difference between Freddy Adu and Alexandre Pato - Adu failed to make the grade in pro football in Europe full stop and wasn't even a good MLS-level player in his prime, Pato got 27 caps for Brazil, scored over 60 goals in Serie A, won the Club World Cup, Serie A and has two Olympic Medals. That's a fair career even if he was expected to be a world beater (which he was for about 12 months a decade ago before injuries robbed him). Go and watch some of Pato for Milan from 2009 - 2011 and tell me he wasn't absolute quality and on the cusp of greatness - only 23 at that stage too.

His explosiveness left him open to muscle injuries he just couldn't keep away from. They robbed him of his prime and the player he should've been. But he was a good player.

That young Mohammad Arat looks like he's being horribly mismanaged and somewhat used by his parents/management, whatever. He's 8 years old and talented, he's years away from ever even potentially looking like he could have a future in the game. Moving them between academies is one thing, but upping and moving countries is drastic at 8. They obviously want a side built around him and it wouldn't surprise me if the high-level young lads around him cope with his dribbling a lot better than the kids we see him making dummies of in the viral videos and that's an issue for his management.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Perkinsonian

• Kopite
« Reply #104337 on: January 25, 2022, 12:05:58 pm »
Musialowski with Virgil and Robbo. Training drill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO7QtLg7nwg

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104338 on: January 25, 2022, 12:33:26 pm »
Naaah it wasn’t - in true LFCTV style they scheduled to show it and then showed the arsenal second leg instead 😃

What a surprise 🙄

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104339 on: January 25, 2022, 02:08:32 pm »

the latter part is a really good video on how our defensive system works. Just the constant communication and familiarity of teammates skillsets. There's a reason why klopp doesn't like to chop and change the back line too much.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #104340 on: January 25, 2022, 02:24:08 pm »
Gordon travelled with the team to Palace for the Sunday game. Does that mean he stayed over in London for the Monday game?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104341 on: January 25, 2022, 02:56:25 pm »
the latter part is a really good video on how our defensive system works. Just the constant communication and familiarity of teammates skillsets. There's a reason why klopp doesn't like to chop and change the back line too much.

Agreed mate, very informative.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #104342 on: January 25, 2022, 05:10:35 pm »
I see we got a pen…any controversy about it? 😊 Missed it anyway.

Nat Clyne and Martin Kelly in the Palace team.

I thought Martin Kelly left Palace in the summer?

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104343 on: January 25, 2022, 05:13:23 pm »

Would love Musialowski to get a couple cup games, my favourite player to watch in the reserves alongside Balagizi.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104344 on: January 25, 2022, 05:17:07 pm »

Yes agree he has everything but incredible athleticism so might be better as an 8 as you say. Of course though the 8/10 position is probably where we have the most talent u23 wise, Balagizi looks like a carbon copy of Jones at times, added to Morton and Elliot who could end up in the 8 role long term.

I still would like to see Balagizi get a few games in the cup next, I wonder what his next step is in regards to becoming part of the squad like Morton has.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #104345 on: January 25, 2022, 05:19:44 pm »
Yes agree he has everything but incredible athleticism so might be better as an 8 as you say. Of course though the 8/10 position is probably where we have the most talent u23 wise, Balagizi looks like a carbon copy of Jones at times, added to Morton and Elliot who could end up in the 8 role long term.

I still would like to see Balagizi get a few games in the cup next, I wonder what his next step is in regards to becoming part of the squad like Morton has.

Balagizi and Mabaya both look big strong lads, they could really push on

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104346 on: January 25, 2022, 05:23:24 pm »
Balagizi and Mabaya both look big strong lads, they could really push on

Yes most certainly Balagizi in particular has a bit of pace strength and a deftness of touch ala Yaya Toure.

Mabaya I still think would be better long term as a RB.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104347 on: January 25, 2022, 06:29:52 pm »
Saw the highlights of the U18s and U23s games. Impressed with the line ups both put out, some really good players in both age groups. I think there's a few in each who look like ones who could play first team football if the opportunity arises but it's so hard to break in now with the first team looking so good.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104348 on: January 25, 2022, 07:08:21 pm »

Yeah it's weird and maybe a sign of changing coaching/recruitment/tactics over the last decade but felt like we've went from sturggling to produce a centre mid capable of being a first team player to being overloaded there compared.

Offline Red Star

• Kopite
« Reply #104349 on: January 25, 2022, 11:02:53 pm »
I thought Martin Kelly left Palace in the summer?

He played the full 90 alongside Clyne so he’s still there.

Offline Red Star

• Kopite
« Reply #104350 on: January 25, 2022, 11:04:36 pm »
Gordon travelled with the team to Palace for the Sunday game. Does that mean he stayed over in London for the Monday game?

Must have stayed over. Missed a pen and scored a cracker. Morton played as well, also on the bench Sunday.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104351 on: January 25, 2022, 11:11:57 pm »
Normally the case but we have had a lot of changes this season across the back line except for right back really because we have high level options available.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104352 on: January 26, 2022, 12:58:16 am »

Joan's but with zero goal threat where Jones had that even when he broke into the u18 team at 15. If he adds goals he would become part of the first team but I don't think he has that in him.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104353 on: January 28, 2022, 03:20:34 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/meet-academy-oakley-cannonier-famous-ball-boy-point-prove

Good read on Cannonier regarding his football and Barcelona.

Thought this was interesting. "Now my two brothers are at the club – one is in U12s and one is in U6s trying to get his first little contract."

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Hidegkuti

• Main Stander
« Reply #104354 on: January 29, 2022, 01:35:49 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/meet-academy-oakley-cannonier-famous-ball-boy-point-prove

Good read on Cannonier regarding his football and Barcelona.

Thought this was interesting. "Now my two brothers are at the club – one is in U12s and one is in U6s trying to get his first little contract."

If this kid has a late growth spurt ala Haaland he’s destined for the top - get him on the growth hormones 💉💉💉

😃😃😃

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104355 on: January 29, 2022, 04:50:22 pm »
U18 side for the youth cup game against Chelsea at 530.
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1487466819820699650?t=2icnSN_kUcjJU0tl0SXCdA&s=19

Gordon drops down with Balagizi for it. Quite an attacking line up

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104356 on: January 29, 2022, 04:53:15 pm »
Best of luck to the young lads, quality attack starts the game. Any streams?

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104357 on: January 29, 2022, 05:35:48 pm »
Been a confident opening 5 minutes, moving the ball around well so far.

What a goal by Chambers, 1-0!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104358 on: January 29, 2022, 05:37:55 pm »
What a goal Luke :o

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #104359 on: January 29, 2022, 05:42:35 pm »
anystreams
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England