Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 401026 times)

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
Re: Javier Mascherano
« Reply #3440 on: December 23, 2009, 10:11:18 am »
there was fuckall in that tackle ...he barely caught the lad

He meant to take the ball - and player. Souness would have been proud.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #3441 on: December 23, 2009, 10:44:37 am »
World class in a limited way.

Shit attitude this season.

Tackle on Saturday was fucking cowardly.

Shit attitude this season? Are you for real?

And cowardly? rash yes, but cowardly it was not.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3442 on: December 26, 2009, 12:29:18 am »

Nah, not having any of that.

Exactly. Only thing wrong was that he missed the ball. If he'd got both we'd have all loved it.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3443 on: December 26, 2009, 09:01:46 am »

what the fuck does that even mean? world class is world class, he either is or he isn't

he has been our best player for over 2 months, and is the only one of the outfield players who has consistently put in the effort in each game, regardless of form

that is just bollocks, if he had his foot up fair enough, but wasn't going to do any damage, was just trying to make an impression, rash maybe, but certainly not cowardly

mascherano has improved this season as it has gone on, his passing has got better and he is showing more control

unfortunately, he still looks like a marked man with refs and he needs to do something about that....cutting out the chat and channelling his frustration may be what he needs to do......and the likes of gerrard and carragher need to give him a dig out with the refs on the pitch, making sure he doesn't overdo it and stepping in when they can until he sorts it out himself

Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
« Reply #3444 on: December 26, 2009, 11:55:25 am »
from twitter:

92 - Javier Mascherano has contested more tackles this season than any other player in the Premier League.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #3445 on: December 26, 2009, 03:28:29 pm »

Shows how pathetic the game has gone with regards to physical contact. Souness was never sent off for us.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline redtrev

• Running dog of CAPITALISM
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3446 on: December 26, 2009, 03:47:15 pm »

Big loss is our masc i ve seem in  him a player who is playing with his heart and the with the club close to it. Had been playing shit earlier on in the season, pressure of captaining one of the worlds great teams in a very difficult time weighed heavily down on his shoulders, i think. But he has showed more leader ship in this difficult time for liverpool than anyone else injuries or no injuries..

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3447 on: December 26, 2009, 04:55:48 pm »
Our best offensive performances have come in the absence of masch. When we played a lucas-gerrard midfield at home vs burnley and hull we smashed them, same with the stoke game i think.

Masch is not needed against the smaller clubs at home, he doesn't know how to play an attacking pass. He is a decent holder of the ball and very rarely gets caught on the ball, which is good, but when it comes to attacking he is a novice.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline redtrev

• Running dog of CAPITALISM
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3448 on: December 26, 2009, 05:27:29 pm »
I Agree with some of what you say but aganist the big teams he is one of the first on team sheet. without him in those games we go back to our old form with the big three, not pretty man. So he s worth alot of cash currently but i wouldn t sell him for less than fifty million, thats what he s worth to us, and we may not realise it untill he is gone.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3449 on: December 26, 2009, 08:22:13 pm »
Seemed to cope okay without him but I'd have hoped to have him against Villa as our back four is clearly shaky still.

Offline Tweekage

• Legacy Fan
  • Please dispose of all waste properly
« Reply #3450 on: December 26, 2009, 08:29:23 pm »
Missed him today.  We were very lucky that the wolves lack the quality to capitalize on our errors because defensively, we were very worrying today.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3451 on: December 26, 2009, 08:34:50 pm »
He can go to Barcelona for all I care. Would offer him as a swap for Yaya Toure, who is a better player than him anyway.

Offline T-Bone

• Kopite
  • Oh, it's got cachet, baby!
« Reply #3452 on: December 26, 2009, 08:35:58 pm »
He can go to Barcelona for all I care. Would offer him as a swap for Yaya Toure, who is a better player than him anyway.
Have you had your medication today?

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3453 on: December 26, 2009, 08:37:07 pm »
With him and Lucas in the midfield, they can run any game against top sides. 

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3454 on: December 26, 2009, 08:38:26 pm »
Have you had your medication today?

He clearly wants to go to Barcelona. Has a shite attitude, and is a liability and offers little creativity. I would rather have Yaya Toure here, if we could get him on a swap. Bigger, stronger, quicker and can actually pass a ball unlike Masch.

Offline T-Bone

• Kopite
  • Oh, it's got cachet, baby!
« Reply #3455 on: December 26, 2009, 08:40:43 pm »
He clearly wants to go to Barcelona. Has a shite attitude, and is a liability and offers little creativity. I would rather have Yaya Toure here, if we could get him on a swap. Bigger, stronger, quicker and can actually pass a ball unlike Masch.

I wonder what moving from Barcelona to Liverpool does to a player's attitute. Not wonders, I'd bet. I'm not sure why you think Masch's attitute is so shitty either, but each to his own.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #3456 on: December 26, 2009, 09:00:15 pm »
Nothing like a good moan after a win is there LFC 4 Life?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3457 on: December 26, 2009, 09:04:39 pm »
Nothing like a good moan after a win is there LFC 4 Life?
Babel didn't play. Benitez is still manager.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline cj

• didn't get where he is today without becoming a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3458 on: December 26, 2009, 09:16:02 pm »
I wonder what moving from Barcelona to Liverpool does to a player's attitute. Not wonders, I'd bet. I'm not sure why you think Masch's attitute is so shitty either, but each to his own.
To be fair he would be distancing himself from quite a few whoppers, if I were in his shoes that would at least be a cause for consideration (not meant as a go at you btw mate).

He clearly wants to go to Barcelona.
What makes you so sure of that? People sitting at home behind their computer, scratching their asses, drawing up semi-retarded conclusions based on a laughable article on football365 or wherever and portraying them as fact? He may go wherever, he might also stay. It is certainly not set in stone at this point in time (unless of course you know better). And even if it was I fail to see how anyone can question his attitude over the last couple of months.

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #3459 on: December 26, 2009, 09:20:58 pm »

Oh do please fuck off.

Offline Jules77

• Kopite
  • Spirit of Shankly member
« Reply #3460 on: December 26, 2009, 09:26:42 pm »
Certainly for the first two months he had a shocking start. He has certainly picked it up over the last 6 or so weeks and been one of our better players, and it actulally looks like he gives a shit.

yep, hes got the commitment back the last month or two, hope he comes back even hungrier after his injury & ban.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3461 on: December 27, 2009, 01:52:53 pm »

Oh well, looks like I know fuck all about footy then. Thanks for imparting that insight mate, I'll pass the message on.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #3462 on: December 27, 2009, 02:02:01 pm »
There was a passage of play in the game last night that summed up what Masch offers. Wolves managed to get the ball through to Ebanks-Blake on our right where he was up against Johnson. With no winger cover for our full back he tried to hold up the attacker on his own. In our midfield Lucas (who had a good game) was jogging back and by this time Wolves had the overlap. I can remenber saying if masch was playing he'd have been over to cover Johnson like a whippet and stopped their attack.

There is no better holding midfielder for me and for anyone suggesting Toure is better then why is he out of the Barca side and why do they want Masch?
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3463 on: December 27, 2009, 02:09:23 pm »
There was a passage of play in the game last night that summed up what Masch offers. Wolves managed to get the ball through to Ebanks-Blake on our right where he was up against Johnson. With no winger cover for our full back he tried to hold up the attacker on his own. In our midfield Lucas (who had a good game) was jogging back and by this time Wolves had the overlap. I can remenber saying if masch was playing he'd have been over to cover Johnson like a whippet and stopped their attack.

There is no better holding midfielder for me and for anyone suggesting Toure is better then why is he out of the Barca side and why do they want Masch?
Exactly, I really do think some people just don't watch him. I understand watching a game you can't watch the ball and all players movements at the same time but if people don't get what Masch is about by now then they won't get the bus either.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3464 on: December 27, 2009, 06:21:41 pm »

i would love us to play mash and aquillani

mash also offers leadership qualities to the team aswell
shame he is going to miss villa away and spurs at home as we needed him in those games

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #3465 on: December 27, 2009, 06:24:29 pm »

I am surprised you are not banned yet for the amount of shite you have been spouting.

Masch cannot pass the ball is the biggest myth in football, at least in RAWK.

Do you actually watch the game ?

Offline Franky

• Do you remember me? Clueless kneejerk who should not be confused with the decent poster on here called Frank. Alienated from the sheep and won't lick John Henry's arse
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3466 on: December 27, 2009, 06:28:03 pm »

But do they want him? This is only on the papers, maybe he's pressing for more money, or maybe he wants to leave anyway and he's searching for a team and his agent is leaking rumours in the press.
I guess, we'll see how much they want him in about a week. if they attempt to buy him. I personally will not miss him, I think we can replace him fairly easily.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3467 on: December 28, 2009, 06:47:52 pm »

:lmao

You do realise what when you post this shite it stays here permanently next to your name don't you?

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3468 on: December 29, 2009, 04:05:28 am »
:lmao

You do realise what when you post this shite it stays here permanently next to your name don't you?

I think he's a hard-of-understanding guy! Leave him alone... :p :)
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
Javier Mascherano
« Reply #3469 on: February 3, 2011, 07:07:32 pm »
La Liga - Mascherano hits out at Liverpool

Thu, 03 Feb 18:09:00 2011

Barcelona midfielder Javier Mascherano has hit out at Liverpool for the way they handled his and Fernando Torres's exits - even though he left the club of his own choice.

The Argentina international described as "sad" the manner in which players had to leave a club they had served well, claiming "the people at Liverpool didn't show interest in keeping" them, even though he rejected a contract offer to stay at Anfield.

Following Torres's £50 million transfer to Chelsea on deadline day the Spaniard has been castigated for his comments suggesting he is better off at Stamford Bridge than he was at Anfield.

"I was not surprised about what happened with Fernando," Mascherano was quoted as saying by ESPN.

"When I left Liverpool, it looked as if I killed someone. It is sad that the people who did something important with the club have to leave by the back door.

"It is sad that the press and the club try to convince people that it is all the player's fault when the reality is that Liverpool didn't show the interest in keeping us in the club.

"The most important players didn't leave the club well. I spoke with Fernando and I said to him that he doesn't have to be worried because he did his best for the club. Even though he didn't win any trophies, he was a very important player and helped this club all the time."
PA Press

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03022011/58/la-liga-mascherano-hits-liverpool.html

Fuck off Masch, you & the ladyboy should just shut up.
How is the missus BTW?
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
Re: Mascherano hits out at Liverpool
« Reply #3470 on: February 3, 2011, 07:08:28 pm »
Fuck off is that 'hitting out'.
hi

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3471 on: February 3, 2011, 07:09:43 pm »

Really? I'd say it is, to an extent. He's certainly not saying good things about how the club conducts itself.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3472 on: February 3, 2011, 07:10:24 pm »
Yet he is the one that refused to play and rejected a new contract...

Offline Julio

• Legacy Fan
  • Brrrrrrr
« Reply #3473 on: February 3, 2011, 07:10:29 pm »
Let's hope Torres has the same kind of post-LFC career that Mascherano has had.

"We do not want a single foot of foreign territory; but of our territory we shall not surrender a single inch to anyone"

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #3474 on: February 3, 2011, 07:11:11 pm »
Hope the mrs enjoying the weather Masch. Maybe she could at least by you a cushion for your arse on the bench
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3475 on: February 3, 2011, 07:11:15 pm »
We don't beg Mascherano. No player is bigger than the club.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3476 on: February 3, 2011, 07:11:29 pm »
Yes it is, take these comments of him & Torres after leaving and compare them to Xabi's comments 10 days ago and you'll get your answer.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3477 on: February 3, 2011, 07:11:38 pm »
Fuck off Masch. You got your move by refusing to play for us. That meant we got fucked over on your fee. Show some gratitude to the club who saved you from West Hams bench. Bellend.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2011, 07:13:18 pm by Anfield Kopite »

Offline Elysian Fields

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3478 on: February 3, 2011, 07:11:43 pm »
Don't know why people get wound up by this sort of stuff. Players say all sorts of dumb things to justify themselves leaving.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #3479 on: February 3, 2011, 07:12:46 pm »
You (your wife) wanted to leave, and so did fanny boy. WTF are the club to do

""It is sad that the press and the club try to convince people that it is all the player's fault when the reality is that Liverpool didn't show the interest in keeping us in the club"

Non of you had interest in staying
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"