Author Topic: Guide to watching Liverpool around the world  (Read 466330 times)

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Guide to watching Liverpool around the world
« Reply #160 on: March 8, 2016, 03:26:56 pm »
Spot on, thanks for that, will definitely head to one of those!
No problem. But there is only one. Dan Murphy's in Leidseplein. Owner is a Liverpool fan, they said.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #161 on: March 8, 2016, 04:10:48 pm »
There is a group of lads called The Brighton Kop who gather in the King and Queen pub in Brighton, run by a good friend of mine, Benny. I'll be in there for the second leg of the Man United game, travelling all the way from St Albans because I know it will be bouncing and spares will be like rocking horse shit.

If you are from Brighton get yourself down there, great set of lads and have a couple of football teams as well.

Good for all other televised games as well- unfortunately 3pms aren't shown.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline RhosRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: March 8, 2016, 04:30:20 pm »
Anybody been too & watched football in Bratislava? There Thursday.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #163 on: March 8, 2016, 09:45:39 pm »
Any reds in Jacksonville Florida?  Where to watch? Will be there in a few weeks (the guide says people drive to Tampa but that's a long haul).

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: March 9, 2016, 02:37:21 pm »
No problem. But there is only one. Dan Murphy's in Leidseplein. Owner is a Liverpool fan, they said.

Ah OK i was reading Leidseplein as a pub, geography never been a strong point!
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 9, 2016, 04:52:28 pm »
Any reds in Jacksonville Florida?  Where to watch? Will be there in a few weeks (the guide says people drive to Tampa but that's a long haul).
This might be your best bet: http://www.culhanesirishpub.com/

It appears to be an Arsenal pub. http://www.arsenal.com/usa/news/features/arsenal-bars

Jacksonville: 
Culhane's Irish Pub 
967 Atlantic Blvd
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
(904) 249-9595

Jacksonville isn't even mentioned here: http://m.visitflorida.com/en-us/articles/2012/may/2225-english-football-in-florida-your-pub-and-your-club-are-waiting.html/ but maybe one of the other places on their list is closer to Jacksonville than Tampa? I don't know; never been to Florida.

Without any other input, I think I'd go for the Gooner pub.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #166 on: March 9, 2016, 06:03:04 pm »
Thank you Callaghan.  Much appreciated.

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 9, 2016, 08:03:44 pm »
Thank you Callaghan.  Much appreciated.
Thanks. By the way, I noticed that they say they open at 4pm midweek. Kick off is 3pm. But as you can see, they're advertising the game. Probably best to give them a call first.

Offline neilcart

• Kemlynite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2016, 08:12:51 am »
Anywhere decently red in Berkhamsted Hertfordshire to watch the matches?

Offline Bucke

• Custom title
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2016, 11:37:47 am »
Long shot but I might need to be in Manchester tonight with work. Anyone got any recommendations on where to watch the match in town without getting my head kicked in?
@johnbuckels

Offline crackerbox

• Yes boys, shorts weather
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2016, 11:50:21 am »
Long shot but I might need to be in Manchester tonight with work. Anyone got any recommendations on where to watch the match in town without getting my head kicked in?
In a hotel room with the sound turned off  ;D
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

http://twitter.com/crackerboxx

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2016, 12:19:41 pm »
Anywhere decently red in Berkhamsted Hertfordshire to watch the matches?

Ooh, you're unlucky! The Boat in Berkhamsted is closed for 5 weeks refurbing. Reopens March 21st. www.matchpint.co.uk/view-boat-2452: "Favourite team(s): Saracens, Liverpool." Lovely looking place too. I'll leave the details here anyway:

Berkhamsted
The Boat
Gravel Path
Berkhamsted
Hertfordshire
HP4 2EF
www.boatberkhamsted.co.uk
www.facebook.com/TheBoatBerkhamsted
Twitter: @BoatBerkhamsted
Instagram: BoatBerkhamsted
TripAdvisor
01442 877152
Email: boat@fullers.co.uk

So how about The Lamb?
277 High Street Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
www.facebook.com/thelambberkhamsted
TripAdvisor
01442 862615

Are Chesham, Hemel Hempstead or Tring any good? www.matchpint.co.uk/bars-performing-liverpool-vs-man-utd-224561

Google maps: Pubs showing Liverpool v Man Utd in Chesham, Hemel Hempstead & Tring

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2016, 12:42:43 pm »

No. But ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/2i67y1/any_liverpool_barspubs_in_manchester/

Some quotes:

"The Footage on Oxford Road near the universities (MMU/UoM) is pretty much the only spot I've found in Manchester which is quite pro-Liverpool. Even if a big(ish) game is on, more often than not the Liverpool game will still be the one they put on the big screen. And even if they don't put it on as the main game, there's tons of other TVs and a smaller screen that they put other matches on."

but... "I nearly got battered outside Footage... and I wasn't even wearing a top! Pissed up gang of about 6 30-somethings vs me and my missus... nice one. All started singing grotesque Hillsborough chants too. Had too many run-ins in and around Manchester watching games at pubs that I just don't bother anymore." ... "I was outside talking to my missus and having a smoke at half time during Liverpool vs Man Utd. They heard my accent, which they thought was scouse (I'm actually from Belfast). Then the abuse began. Quite funny when you think about it."

"Jeez that's a bit shit. I can't say I've ever really come across many people like that in Footage. Really sucks to hear you had that experience though, I hope it didn't stop you from going there again! (It's actually just been renovated, I'd definitely recommend going again simply for the new aesthetic)."

"The Friendship in in Fallowfield is alright, not exactly a liverpool pub, but I've watched games there with a couple mates and not had any trouble, I think mainly as it's so near the Uni's student halls... admittedly it wasnt a big game, against any mancunian teams (I think if anything its more of a City pub than a Utd pub)"

"Alright mate, moved to Didsbury a while ago. Me and my mates practically take over half of the pub on big match days in the Dog and Partridge in Didsbury Village. We're all reds and even if there's a big City contingent in there (which there usually is) there's never ANY trouble, just good banter. Come on down!"

"I used to live in Northenden and would go to a pub /cafe there when I fancied watching a match outside of my house. I don't think I watched any 3pm kick off's though as I was sure they would always choose a manc team over any others. Haven't been in a couple of years so don't hold me on it but check it out if you get stuck.

But whenever I went in to catch a game and openly support Liverpool nothing got said about being either a Scouser or a red. There was a Chinese guy that used to pop in and pull up a comfy chair, eat chewing gum, and support Liverpool too.

The pub / cafe is Lounge About on Palatine Road. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187069-d2390452-Reviews-Lounge_About-Manchester_Greater_Manchester_England.html "

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2016, 05:57:02 pm »
I used to live in Berko. The Boat serves a good pint, never really thought of it as a football pub. That said if I was in a match in the pub mood I would normally have stayed in London where I was working at the time.

Always thought the Lamb was a bit rough. You get the vibe from the start of an American Werewolf in London when you walk in the door.

Berko is definitely more gastropub than sawdust territory. If you want a takeaway, the Lots of Rice in Holliday Street is very good indeed.

The Goat at the Ravens Lane end of town is interesting. I'd probably go there.

The Crown, which is a Wetherspoons has TVs but I don't think they show football.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2016, 06:01:08 pm »
The train station in Berko is central. There are no direct trains to Chesham. But Chesham is an utter shithole with really crap pubs. I used to work there too.

Both Hemel and Tring suffer from train stations no where near the town. Tring station is a separate hamlet a long way from Tring itself. Hemel station is actually in Boxmoor which is really a separate place. Boxmoor's stripey cows trump the magic roundabout of Hemel every time.

Offline Rexy

• Main Stander
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2016, 01:21:58 pm »
I presume you've seen the pubs listed on the first page, Rexy. I've put them in this post below anyway, just in case.

The Highlander "... where you'll never drink alone ..." sounds all right.

RAWK user, the good half - who is currently online as I type - used to work at Finnegans so maybe you could ask him. Lots of other people in that thread - some of them very illustrious RAWKites - have been to Rome. Maybe give it a bump and ask the same question in there; it might get more interest given that it's got Rome in the title, unlike this generic guide thread. This is the quote about Finnegans from that Rome thread ...
Then there's the official Italian supporters club. I can't find anything on their websites about where they meet for games. But here's their info anyway ...

Italy Official LFC Supporters Club

Based in Napoli according to this www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/lfc-official-supporters-clubs/europe
www.facebook.com/liverpoolitalia
@OLSCItaly
www.liverpoolitalia.it
info@liverpoolitalia.it

Just a couple of things to add:

Here's the Rome stuff from the first page ...

Rome
Finnegans
Via Leonina, 66 (by Via Cavour, opposite the steps leading up to Piazza San Pietro in Vincoli, 100m from metro Cavour)
jpg map

www.finneganpub.com
www.facebook.com/groups/107672598933
www.facebook.com/pages/Finnegans/152291628149072
+39 06 4747026
Finnegan's is THE ONLY Irish owned, of all the Irish Pubs in Rome and Florence. We show all English and Scottish Premiership football and all other sporting events being aired. If it's on, and you want to see it, you can see it here.
[5 May 2005]: Managed to catch the Liverpool matches in this Liverpool friendly bar (thanks Rushian).
[19 Jan 2006]: If you want to catch a Liverpool match, Finnegans is pretty good, saw us lose to Crystal Palace in there... :-\  all in all friendly to Liverpool fans...
[2007/8]: GREAT ATMPOSHERe and PINT
[29 Nov 2015]: I lived in Rome over a decade ago and we always went to Finnegans. Bit cramped but always had the game. Remember watching us beat Wolves 1-0 in there, Hyypia header, 92ns minute or something silly. Place went mad. The Abbey was the other pub with all the footy.
[Photo 20 Dec 2015]

Rome
Highlander Pub Rome
Vicolo di San Biagio 9 (cornering Via della Lupa)
jpg map
www.highlanderome.com
www.facebook.com/TheHighlanderPubRome
@HighlanderRome
+39 06 6880 5368
info@highlanderome.com
Cosy little Scottish pub "... where you'll never drink alone ..."
[Sept 2015]: Maybe try?

Rome
Abbey Theatre Irish Pub
abbey-rome.com
Via del Governo Vecchio 51 (just off Piazza Navona)
+39 06 6861 341
abbeypub@hotmail.com
[29 Nov 2015]: I lived in Rome over a decade ago and we always went to Finnegans. The Abbey was the other pub with all the footy.

Rome
The Druid's Den
Via San Martino ai Monti
www.druidspubrome.com/druids_den_rome_welcome.htm
06 48904781
thedruidspub@yahoo.it
[2 Apr 2005]

Thanks mate, ended up in Finnegans for it. Boss little pub

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2016, 01:58:04 pm »
I'll be in Dublin for the 2nd leg on thursday, any good pub that you can watch the game with fellow reds?
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline tanvir

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2016, 08:40:56 pm »
In that there London today and tomorrow.

Which pubs will show our game? I guess most would show Spurs... any pubs with two channel capability? I'm in the centre around Euston. Cheers!

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2016, 01:29:41 am »
There is a group of lads called The Brighton Kop who gather in the King and Queen pub in Brighton, run by a good friend of mine, Benny. I'll be in there for the second leg of the Man United game, travelling all the way from St Albans because I know it will be bouncing and spares will be like rocking horse shit.

If you are from Brighton get yourself down there, great set of lads and have a couple of football teams as well.

Good for all other televised games as well- unfortunately 3pms aren't shown.

Haha , I know Benny Hij !! Always bouncing in the K&Q as you say , gotta be one of the bigger pubs to watch footy in too , been going in there years (only to watch the match though). Beers not too bad and they do loads of food too .

Had some epic times in there (Istanbul especially) and for the World Cup/Euros it's always heaving with people from all over the world . Will never forget Spain winning  Euro 2008 and playing toreador with passing cars and Spanish flags outside , then a beach party til 2 in the morning. ;D

Was in there for about 9 hours for the World Cup Final in 2010 !! Good beer garden too for when you need some fresh air or a smoke !! They had a German oompah band and Bratwurst for 2014 !

Last week was brilliant - non-stop singing pretty much , hopefully we will be celebrating tomorrow night too !! See you in there mate !
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2016, 03:28:46 am »

Haha , I know Benny Hij !! Always bouncing in the K&Q as you say , gotta be one of the bigger pubs to watch footy in too , been going in there years (only to watch the match though). Beers not too bad and they do loads of food too .

Had some epic times in there (Istanbul especially) and for the World Cup/Euros it's always heaving with people from all over the world . Will never forget Spain winning  Euro 2008 and playing toreador with passing cars and Spanish flags outside , then a beach party til 2 in the morning. ;D

Was in there for about 9 hours for the World Cup Final in 2010 !! Good beer garden too for when you need some fresh air or a smoke !! They had a German oompah band and Bratwurst for 2014 !

Last week was brilliant - non-stop singing pretty much , hopefully we will be celebrating tomorrow night too !! See you in there mate !
Completely agree with everything this lads said. Get yourself in there. Looking forward to meeting you mate.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline RussianLFC

• Kemlynite
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2016, 04:04:44 am »
Hi, will be in Georgia (Tbilisi) for the 7th of May game vs. Watford. Can anyone recommend pub/bar which will have a good chance to show this game, as it's 3 pm kick off? Thanks in advance :wave

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2016, 04:48:11 am »
In that there London today and tomorrow.

Which pubs will show our game? I guess most would show Spurs... any pubs with two channel capability? I'm in the centre around Euston. Cheers!

There's a London pubs thread, so I've answered you in there: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=158834.msg14536002#msg14536002

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2016, 01:04:20 pm »
Anyone know of a pub etc. in Venice that will show British teams in European football?

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2016, 01:18:56 pm »
Will be in Venice when the Dortmand 2nd leg is on, hence will be trying to find somewhere to watch the match if possible.

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2016, 01:19:13 pm »
^ By the way, it might be worth asking this lot: Liverpool Italia.

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2016, 01:32:08 pm »
^ By the way, it might be worth asking this lot: Liverpool Italia.

I have posted a message on their page thanks.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2016, 03:02:03 pm »
Best place to watch Dortmund first leg in LA?

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2016, 04:17:03 pm »
Are the Houston pubs open for early for Europa games? I will be in Texas for the next two months and would love to have a place like the NYC pubs with all the fans together.

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2016, 04:24:05 pm »
Btw I can provide some modifications for the Mauritius part:

Flying Dodo https://www.facebook.com/flyingdodo/?fref=ts
(liverpool lost when i went there though..)

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2016, 05:00:34 pm »
Btw I can provide some modifications for the Mauritius part:

Flying Dodo https://www.facebook.com/flyingdodo/?fref=ts
(liverpool lost when i went there though..)

Thanks. :thumbup

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2016, 05:01:07 pm »
Are the Houston pubs open for early for Europa games? I will be in Texas for the next two months and would love to have a place like the NYC pubs with all the fans together.

Bit of an update for Houston. The supporter's club in Houston has decided to move venue due to how much it's grown in the past couple of years. Ron's Pub will still be showing all of our games but the new place is going to be main venue.

The Gorgeous Gael
Rice Village
5555 Morningside Drive
Houston
TX 77005

Tel: +1 832-667-8321

Opening hours: They will definitely be open for every Liverpool game.

http://houstonlfc.com/

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2016, 03:03:01 pm »
http://houstonlfc.com/

thanks i will be there for the Anfield game vs Dortmund.

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2016, 03:31:37 pm »
thanks i will be there for the Anfield game vs Dortmund.
Cheers. It could be a bit boring after we win 5-nil in Dortmund.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2016, 12:35:20 pm »
Little bit late, might get the chance to watch the game now in Hanoi, any suggestions at all? Thanks!

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2016, 12:45:00 pm »
Little bit late, might get the chance to watch the game now in Hanoi, any suggestions at all? Thanks!
PM Viet Kop?

There's one here: http://www.ynwatcha.com/vietnam.html
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:46:47 pm by Callaghan. »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2016, 01:27:53 pm »
Anyone going to Portland Oregon:

http://www.442soccerbar.com/

NW corner of SE. 18th and Hawthorne

Small pub but filled with scarves, flags, players shirts. Any football ( soccer) match will be on there.

They do not open for the 4:30 am kickoffs though. They record it and show it a bit later. Call for the time. ( I think 7 am)

Owner is a Liverpool supporter.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2016, 10:54:53 am »
I'm going to be in New York for the 2 Europa League games against Utd. Before the draw I was planning on just turning up to Carragher's Bar near Times Square about an hour before kick off, but with it being against Utd I'd imagine it would be more busier than usual? Anyone ever been before and know if it gets so busy that I'd need to make a reservation/turn up even earlier than an hour?

Just thought I'd update this in case somebody finds themselves in a similar position in the future.

Was quite busy in there for the first leg but they did manage to find a table for us, the second leg fell on St Paddy's Day though and the place was incredibly packed. I don't think everybody in there was actually watching the game, some just celebrating the day, but it was a good atmosphere both days nonetheless. They play YNWA after the final whistle and everybody goes crazy. Some of the cocktails are named after places on Merseyside too. Definitely recommend it to anybody looking for a place to watch a game in NYC.

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2016, 10:28:34 pm »
Just thought I'd update this in case somebody finds themselves in a similar position in the future.

Was quite busy in there for the first leg but they did manage to find a table for us, the second leg fell on St Paddy's Day though and the place was incredibly packed. I don't think everybody in there was actually watching the game, some just celebrating the day, but it was a good atmosphere both days nonetheless. They play YNWA after the final whistle and everybody goes crazy. Some of the cocktails are named after places on Merseyside too. Definitely recommend it to anybody looking for a place to watch a game in NYC.
All you people who update this thread are fantastic. I salute you. I've added your comment to the OP.

I know NOTHING about what I'm about to say. I hope that's clear! But from what I've read on here, if I was going to watch us in New York, I think I'd go to the Boot Room.

... the second leg fell on St Paddy's Day though and the place was incredibly packed. I don't think everybody in there was actually watching the game, some just celebrating the day
If Liverpool are playing Man Utd in Europe on March 17th, it makes you wonder if those non-watchers possibly, maybe, could have found another bar (other than Carragher's - the clue is in the name) to celebrate St Patrick's Day? They're not hard to find. Paddy's Day is like the 4th of July over there. I think they go for it more than Ireland itself.

Some of the cocktails are named after places on Merseyside too. Definitely recommend it to anybody looking for a place to watch a game in NYC.
Is there a cocktail called Getting Off At Fazakerley?

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2016, 09:52:01 am »
San Antonio Texas Branch

Sherlocks Baker Street Pub
16620 U.S. 281,
San Antonio, TX 78232

http://sherlockspub.com/San-Antonio/

We meet for every match at Sherlock's Baker St. Pub and Grille. Our official Facebook is: Facebook.com/LFCSanAntonio and our twitter handle is twitter.com/LFCSanAntonio. Any questions can be emailed to liverpool.sanantonio@gmail.com
Facebook page gone? I know there's this https://www.facebook.com/groups/958951664132615 but the FB page is still mentioned here: https://twitter.com/LFCSanAntonio