Author Topic: Skybet Championship Thread 2018/19  (Read 85630 times)

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
Re: Skybet Championship Thread 2018/19
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2018, 09:48:13 pm »
Can QPR afford to sack him though, apparently they're in a complete mess financially.
Do you have to pay compensation if you cite gross incompetence?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2018, 09:51:26 pm »
If Leeds end up winning the Championship something has gone wrong. They're not very good.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2018, 09:56:49 pm »
If Leeds end up winning the Championship something has gone wrong. They're not very good.

The Championship isn't exactly very good in itself though is it. Maybe they're the best of the lot.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2018, 09:57:44 pm »
#Sausages

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2018, 09:59:53 pm »
The Championship isn't exactly very good in itself though is it. Maybe they're the best of the lot.

Been 1 or 2 excellent teams in the division in recent years though, I refuse to believe there isn't at least 1 team in the league that are superior to them. I've Brentford and Leeds worry me not one single iota, this is the best they'll be all season I reckon and it's not exactly sensational.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2018, 10:05:58 pm »
whos better so far, would say stoke should win it but after that there’s a group of around 6/7 who could go up, plus there’s that rank outsider like Huddersfield and Cardiff the last few seasons who find their way up there so someone like Millwall could get up

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2018, 10:09:37 pm »
whos better so far, would say stoke should win it but after that there’s a group of around 6/7 who could go up, plus there’s that rank outsider like Huddersfield and Cardiff the last few seasons who find their way up there so someone like Millwall could get up

Well I'm looking at the odds and thinking Leeds at 4s is an absolutely atrocious bet. Seen Bielsa's teams start like trains and then run out of steam halfway through the season and that was in 38 game leagues. If Brentford, Villa, Middlesbrough and Derby don't finish above them I'd be very shocked. I'd like a bet on Leeds to miss the playoffs.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2018, 10:15:51 pm »
Well I'm looking at the odds and thinking Leeds at 4s is an absolutely atrocious bet. Seen Bielsa's teams start like trains and then run out of steam halfway through the season and that was in 38 game leagues. If Brentford, Villa, Middlesbrough and Derby don't finish above them I'd be very shocked. I'd like a bet on Leeds to miss the playoffs.
dont know if there’s a bet for Leeds going up automatically or missing out on promotion but I’d take that (basically laying them to get promoted via the playoffs I guess), two of their last three are Brentford away and villa at home so potential to slip up but their run in isn’t that bad tbf, would say those four you mentioned, stoke, West Brom, Swansea, Preston and Forest I could all see in the playoffs, even someone like Millwall or even Blackburn could go on a decent run (latter one largely down to Dack being ridiculously good and I doubt he will be a championship player two seasons from now)

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2018, 11:28:11 pm »
I have yet to watch a Leeds game so take this with a grain of salt.  Unless Bielsa has changed there is no way Leeds is going up.  He readily admits himself that what he asks of his players is not humanly possible from a physical standpoint but he keeps doing it anyway.  Example after example of a strong start followed by a complete collapse as he just runs his players into the ground.  He doesn't rotate either, he just expects the same players to go out there game after game and perform.  It's really weird when you think about it as he acknowledges the issue in interviews but then doesn't change anything.  Again maybe he finally has changed for Leeds but if not then it's going to be one glorious crash in the end.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2018, 07:30:56 am »
Tonights matches.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2018, 07:56:14 am »
Been 1 or 2 excellent teams in the division in recent years though, I refuse to believe there isn't at least 1 team in the league that are superior to them. I've Brentford and Leeds worry me not one single iota, this is the best they'll be all season I reckon and it's not exactly sensational.

They beat Stoke on the opening day, they beat Derby away and drew away at Swansea, three teams who you'd expect to be in the mix for promotion come may.

Yeah they'll probably collapse as someone else said because of Bielsa' s methods but they've played the best football in the opening four games out the division and probably had as difficult start as any other team.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2018, 10:07:17 am »
I really hope Leeds come back up, they're a proper football club and a big one too. I used to live our games at elland road, a real old school rivalry. I hate them like but I'd prefer to get rid of some no mark club like Bournemouth or Brighton and have Leeds back.

Offline Bootleorbust

• Main Stander
  • Not quite sorted
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2018, 08:11:11 pm »
Villa 0 -1 Brentford (Maupay). Excellent finish shame about the brown kit

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2018, 08:29:25 pm »
Are Sky doing this match choice on the cheap? Just a single commentator, one camera angle and no replays in Norwich vs Preston match. Not even a match clock on the screen.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Bootleorbust

• Main Stander
  • Not quite sorted
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2018, 08:33:34 pm »
1-1 now at Villa Park Kodjia. Maupay should be off for a stamp. Decent game should be more goals. Grealish looking classy in parts

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2018, 08:33:39 pm »
Are Sky doing this match choice on the cheap? Just a single commentator, one camera angle and no replays in Norwich vs Preston match. Not even a match clock on the screen.

It was never designed to be a full match service. The main match chosen (Villa v Brentford) has full commentry, cameras etc.
All other matches on the red button are just as you've described

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2018, 08:36:49 pm »
This is a brilliant game. Intense as fuck.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2018, 08:38:28 pm »
It was never designed to be a full match service. The main match chosen (Villa v Brentford) has full commentry, cameras etc.
All other matches on the red button are just as you've described

Oh didn't realise, a bit shit then if it's not your team. Thought it would be like their CL coverage used to be. Are Sky even trying with football anymore, if it's not Premier League. Lost CL, lost La Liga, now even lost Dutch football which was brought in to replace their CL coverage.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2018, 08:39:48 pm »
Oh didn't realise, a bit shit then if it's not your team. Thought it would be like their CL coverage used to be. Are Sky even trying with football anymore, if it's not Premier League. Lost CL, lost La Liga, now even lost Dutch football which was brought in to replace their CL coverage.

Yet subscription costs stay the same

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2018, 08:41:35 pm »

Yeah exactly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2018, 08:44:18 pm »

Not convinced Sky are that arsed about Sport in general now. They’ve lost ATP coverage to Amazon, The Ashes to BT and reckon golf might be next in a few years. They could retain them all if they really wanted to.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2018, 08:51:41 pm »
Not convinced Sky are that arsed about Sport in general now. They’ve lost ATP coverage to Amazon, The Ashes to BT and reckon golf might be next in a few years. They could retain them all if they really wanted to.

Feel the same, yet their business must be so reliant on The Premier League.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2018, 08:53:10 pm »
Half time.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2018, 09:09:18 pm »
all about the big PL fixtures for them in terms of sports but I think they’re making more a push for entertainment

surprised they’ve not thought of raising them

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2018, 09:33:39 pm »

bt's deal is just for australia's home fixtures, the ashes series next summer will be on sky, thank fuck as bt's coverage was horrific

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2018, 09:35:00 pm »
It's now Stoke 0-3 Wigan    ;D

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2018, 09:37:30 pm »
Is it Brentford's year?
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2018, 09:39:14 pm »
Ashley Williams being made to look like a carthorse in the Championship too. Lovely stuff.
AHA!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2018, 09:40:09 pm »
Real shame to see Stoke City struggling.

Said nobody ever.

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2018, 09:41:17 pm »
Watching the Wigan game. Ashley Williams has been dreadful for Stoke and just had a red card. Wigan have been superb.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2018, 09:53:47 pm »
That's a punch where it hurts for Brentford and my outright bet. Maupay should've finished it a few minutes previous.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2018, 09:56:10 pm »
Scores.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2018, 09:57:43 pm »
Jonathan Kodjia equalized for Villa in the 95th minute.     >:(
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:03:32 pm by Black & White Paul »

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2018, 10:02:41 pm »
Just watched Stoke. Save to say Gary Rowett will be getting sacked very soon. It’s very rare to see a team so tactically clueless even at this level.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2018, 10:03:41 pm »
Just watched Stoke. Save to say Gary Rowett will be getting sacked very soon. It’s very rare to see a team so tactically clueless even at this level.

Mad to think how quickly his reputation has dropped. Looks like League 1 will be his next port of call.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2018, 10:11:07 pm »
I like the look of Brentford.  Granted their striker should have been sent off but I thought they dealt really well with Villa and overall created more chances. 

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2018, 10:15:05 pm »
I like the look of Brentford.  Granted their striker should have been sent off but I thought they dealt really well with Villa and overall created more chances.

They're a good team and absolutely no mistake. Look at any statistical breakdown beyond goals and goals conceded and they showed as one of the best teams in the Championship last season and this year's renewal is infinitely weaker. Bookies have finally cottoned on, they opened up about 9th favs, now they're 4th favs in most places. Be amazed if they're not a play-off team at the very least.

I was impressed with their fitness tonight. They did a lot of chasing in the first hour or so, but they were dominant in the last 20.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:18:26 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2018, 10:25:24 pm »
Also, Jack Grealish is absolutely shit. Gutted Spurs didn't blow a load on him.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2018, 10:47:11 pm »
deserves to get sacked for signing williams

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2018, 12:40:17 am »
Canos has done well at Brentford
You'll Never Walk Alone