Author Topic: Sim Only deals  (Read 413 times)

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Sim Only deals
« on: April 9, 2024, 09:09:52 pm »
I was thinking about moving to a Sim only deal as my EE staff discount is now coming to an end (16 years after leaving what was then T Mobile), and last week I went to replace the battery on my phone and Apple totalled the phone so gave me a brand new one for the cost of the battery so don’t need a new phone :D

There’s some good deals with Vodafone via Carphone Warehouse and the like, £11 for 60GB which is more than enough for me. Only question I have is what do they do once the two years is up, do they then crank up the price or does it just carry on as it is other than the annual price increases?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sim Only deals
« Reply #1 on: April 9, 2024, 09:28:31 pm »
I was thinking about moving to a Sim only deal as my EE staff discount is now coming to an end (16 years after leaving what was then T Mobile), and last week I went to replace the battery on my phone and Apple totalled the phone so gave me a brand new one for the cost of the battery so don’t need a new phone :D

There’s some good deals with Vodafone via Carphone Warehouse and the like, £11 for 60GB which is more than enough for me. Only question I have is what do they do once the two years is up, do they then crank up the price or does it just carry on as it is other than the annual price increases?

It's like any other 'upgrade' really mate.

You can either carry on with your existing deal at whatever price you've been paying or find an even better deal.

My SIM only deal finishes today so tomorrow I'm sorting a new deal out as I now need a new phone but I could continue on this at the recently increased price of £7.55 😁

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 9, 2024, 09:50:16 pm »
£7.55!!! Whose that with?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2024, 10:35:24 pm »
My wife’s sim only is with sky and is only £8 , mines with 02 and is £14

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 9, 2024, 10:52:58 pm »
£7.55!!! Whose that with?

Vodafone. 

It's just gone up from £7 but it's only 4GB of data which I've never gone over as I barely use it.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 9, 2024, 11:23:22 pm »
Sim only deals are fine mate, you can control the price hikes buy quoting other deals. O2, Tesco mobile are available for £10/ £11month.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 12:20:00 am »
Shoo Flee
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2024, 10:55:48 am »
Sim only deals are fine mate, you can control the price hikes buy quoting other deals. O2, Tesco mobile are available for £10/ £11month.

I think I’ll probably go with Vodafone deal I saw, you get a £75 Curry’s voucher with that too which isn’t bad either.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2024, 02:14:13 pm »
I think I’ll probably go with Vodafone deal I saw, you get a £75 Curry’s voucher with that too which isn’t bad either.

Tesco use O2 & their equivalent is only £13pm (with clubcard which is free) but you only get a £20 tesco voucher with that.

https://www.tescomobile.com/shop/sim-only-deals/sim-only-contracts
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2024, 04:22:42 pm »
I've been with idMobile for about 6 years and it's never gone up from a tenner a month. Unlimited calls/texts + 60GB of data.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2024, 04:26:00 pm »
I've been with idMobile for about 6 years and it's never gone up from a tenner a month. Unlimited calls/texts + 60GB of data.

Me too.  Nothing but good experience since I signed up last year.  The data rolls over so I've regularly got 100gb + every month on my account.  Month to month contract too.  They use the three network

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2024, 04:27:49 pm »
Was on BT mobile for awhile. One of the few still offering EU roaming and cheap 5G. Then out of the blue they got swallowed up by EE. Did EE offer the same contract/deal? Did they fuck. So dumped them for O2. Get 40GB 5G for £10. Though some say some areas are not true 5G, whatever the fuck that means. Get roaming though.

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2024, 08:59:33 pm »
I went sim only after my ee contract ran out, tried Three but had signal issues, I'm now with Lycamobile, they ironically use the EE network  I've had no issues and pay £5 a month for 30gb and unlimited calls and texts, roaming also included.
I'll never have a phone contract again.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2024, 09:52:28 pm »
I've just set my gf up on a Voxi sim. £10 for 15GB data and unlimited everything else. No contract, it's just a rolling thing. Voxi is a Vodafone off-shoot and uses their network. Worth a look. My brother has used them for a while.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2024, 10:20:12 am »
I think it's terrible that these offers are only available to computer generated people simulations in the game Sims4.

It's a disgrace that real people can't benefit from these.

Fuming.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2024, 12:52:24 pm »
Lebara have decent offers all the time, I'm on £10 for 20GB data but there is an offer at the moment for 30GB for £3.58

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2024, 03:55:53 pm »
Lebara have decent offers all the time, I'm on £10 for 20GB data but there is an offer at the moment for 30GB for £3.58

I'm on the 30GB for £3.58, it's a great deal that just rolls over every month. I picked up a refurb Iphone XR about a year ago for £130 and both have been great. No way I'm spending like £50 plus a month.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2024, 04:02:01 pm »
Always go for the o2 Deals via Uswitch. Got 5 SIM's in the house and the data allowance gets doubled because we're with Virgin Media at home.

Generally pay about £8 per SIM for 20GB Data (doubled to 40GB)

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2024, 07:59:23 pm »
So I thought I should call EE and see what would offer me and I folded and have stayed with them, they offered me a decent’ish deal on SIM only, £26 with my 50% staff discount for 125GB (I use a fraction of that) brings it down to £13 and no RPI during the 2 years.

It’s a bit more then I was hoping to pay, but I have the security of knowing the EE signal is very good at home and I get a strong 5G signal. I had a look at my Mrs work phone which is with Vodafone last night and she’s only getting 1 or 2 bars of 4G at home.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2024, 12:56:21 am »
EE are weird.

Generally quite expensive but I'm paying £17.50 with them for 160GB, TNT Sports and TNT Sports Big Screen addon.

That all came from me upgrading a PAYG Sim to a monthly, didn't even ask for a discount and they applied staff discounts anyway.
:D

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2024, 07:41:56 am »
Yeah, without the discount their plans are completely off the wall compared to what O2, Vodafone and Three offer via Uswitch and the like (EE don’t even appear on any of those kind of sites), never mind the virtual operators like ID, Libara etc.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2024, 08:35:04 am »
I've just set my gf up on a Voxi sim. £10 for 15GB data and unlimited everything else. No contract, it's just a rolling thing. Voxi is a Vodafone off-shoot and uses their network. Worth a look. My brother has used them for a while.

I use this, I don't understand how they offer such good value or why others aren't on it.

Free social media for any one who uses it, and they do constant deals for better internet usage.

I'm currently paying £10 a month for 45GB (free text and calls), can cancel whenever, and if a better deal comes out with them you just hop onto that for the next month onwards.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2024, 06:17:26 pm »
Voxi are a bizarre one because it’s actually owned by Vodafone, massively cheaper then Vodafone and use the same network with none of the speed restrictions that you get on the cheaper Vodafone tariffs.
Thinking is overrated.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 10:19:08 pm »
Always go for the o2 Deals via Uswitch. Got 5 SIM's in the house and the data allowance gets doubled because we're with Virgin Media at home.

Generally pay about £8 per SIM for 20GB Data (doubled to 40GB)

If you have Virgin and travel a bit O2 is pretty unbeatable, EU roaming is great but you get US roaming included as well on quite a few of the deals.

EE is a weird one probably the best 5G network network nationally, but the coverage where I live in outer London is horrifically bad.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:20:59 pm by filopastry »