Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 659045 times)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #7320 on: May 23, 2021, 11:34:28 pm »
I genuinely don't believe the VAR even looks at that if it's on Salah

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7321 on: May 23, 2021, 11:35:01 pm »
Hahaha.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7322 on: May 23, 2021, 11:36:31 pm »
Ole just said that they wont win the league next season is a round about way.
Y.N.W.A.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #7323 on: May 23, 2021, 11:39:12 pm »
Diving manc c*nt
Abysmal dive. You have to get get booked for that or it ain't going away.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7324 on: May 23, 2021, 11:46:09 pm »
Bamford on England duty having a conversation with Harry Kane, be fucking hilarious Kane wondering what the words Bamford is saying ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7325 on: May 23, 2021, 11:51:02 pm »
What's with MOTD sympathising with Phillips there? Put in a tackle clearly intent on hurting the WBA player, ended up hurting himself - shrug

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7326 on: May 23, 2021, 11:51:41 pm »
What's with MOTD sympathising with Phillips there? Put in a tackle clearly intent on hurting the WBA player, ended up hurting himself - shrug

England international.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7327 on: May 23, 2021, 11:55:54 pm »
Fair play to that kid Willock he has taken his chance and some.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7328 on: May 23, 2021, 11:59:00 pm »
So many dives today , nearly all from British players

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7329 on: May 24, 2021, 12:00:28 am »
So many dives today , nearly all from British players

Some awful peno decisions.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7330 on: May 24, 2021, 12:03:30 am »
Good goal that.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #7331 on: May 24, 2021, 12:04:07 am »
How is Ali's goal not on there?

Saving it for goal of the century.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7332 on: May 24, 2021, 12:06:08 am »
Some awful peno decisions.
Indeed. Contact + VAR = Pelanty.

This has to change before next season. People must also be booked for diving.

The game is fighting for its life and these things could be solved in a week.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7333 on: May 24, 2021, 12:07:07 am »

Completely agree.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Elisha S

• talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7334 on: May 24, 2021, 12:10:41 am »
Allison was goal of the season. They`ll be still showing that goal a century from now.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #7335 on: May 24, 2021, 12:33:56 am »
Didn't watch tonight but heard that Alisson's header didn't make the Goal of the Season shortlist... :o
Whoever put that list together is either a bitter bluenose or a Manc. So many of them working in the media it's actually sickening. They're the ones who keep saying things like "Trent can't defend" and "Liverpool were awful this season." Looking back on 2020/21, we played some cracking football and dominated possession in most of our matches; we just weren't clinical in front of goal. Yes, we had some crap games too, but the narrative that we were sh*t almost the whole season seems far too entrenched now, both on social media and in the press, and it really lacks nuance.

Imagine still being in the top 4 teams who conceded the fewest goals and being "sh*" for a whole season! No mention of the fact that we played at least a third of the season with 2 midfielders at centre back... all while training up a 19 year old who was playing for Kidderminster 15 months ago.

It is shocking that nobody on Sky Sports News or MotD is bigging up Rhys Williams for how far he's come and his amazing story this season. If he looked like Ben White/Harry Kane and played for one of the London teams you'd never stop hearing about him. The media is so biased and pro-Manc it just makes you want to switch off.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7336 on: May 24, 2021, 01:09:49 am »
Didn't watch tonight but heard that Alisson's header didn't make the Goal of the Season shortlist... :o
Whoever put that list together is either a bitter bluenose or a Manc. So many of them working in the media it's actually sickening. They're the ones who keep saying things like "Trent can't defend" and "Liverpool were awful this season." Looking back on 2020/21, we played some cracking football and dominated possession in most of our matches; we just weren't clinical in front of goal. Yes, we had some crap games too, but the narrative that we were sh*t almost the whole season seems far too entrenched now, both on social media and in the press, and it really lacks nuance.

Imagine still being in the top 4 teams who conceded the fewest goals and being "sh*" for a whole season! No mention of the fact that we played at least a third of the season with 2 midfielders at centre back... all while training up a 19 year old who was playing for Kidderminster 15 months ago.

It is shocking that nobody on Sky Sports News or MotD is bigging up Rhys Williams for how far he's come and his amazing story this season. If he looked like Ben White/Harry Kane and played for one of the London teams you'd never stop hearing about him. The media is so biased and pro-Manc it just makes you want to switch off.

Just wanna second every single bit of this.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7337 on: May 24, 2021, 01:30:15 am »
According to the commentator that is the first time WHU have got into Europe since 1617 - quite an achievement.
Some of the fans back then, their parents had known Anne Boleyn
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7338 on: May 24, 2021, 01:48:24 am »

I agree with your general pro-Manc point, twas ever thus and unfortunately always will be, but in fairness I have seen us get a lot of praise today on BBC and Sky.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7339 on: May 24, 2021, 11:39:51 am »

They've already used the term 'normal contact' this season as to why they haven't given fouls so that's the way you stop it.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #7340 on: May 24, 2021, 02:54:44 pm »
I agree with your general pro-Manc point, twas ever thus and unfortunately always will be, but in fairness I have seen us get a lot of praise today on BBC and Sky.
Yeah, I know they're saying we've done good making it to 3rd after where we were 6 weeks ago and all that. I just don't think Klopp gets enough credit for his development of young'uns like Nat Philips and Rhys Williams. The latter is a proper fairy-tale story. The boy's been chucked in at the deep end in an impossible season and he's come up thriving. I just think we haven't heard enough about it from the mainstream media.  LFC TV, yes, but not SSN or BBC. Maybe BT Sports did but I didn't follow any of their commentary from yesterday so I don't know.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7341 on: May 24, 2021, 03:10:35 pm »
Yeah, I know they're saying we've done good making it to 3rd after where we were 6 weeks ago and all that. I just don't think Klopp gets enough credit for his development of young'uns like Nat Philips and Rhys Williams. The latter is a proper fairy-tale story. The boy's been chucked in at the deep end in an impossible season and he's come up thriving. I just think we haven't heard enough about it from the mainstream media.  LFC TV, yes, but not SSN or BBC. Maybe BT Sports did but I didn't follow any of their commentary from yesterday so I don't know.
Imagine what he'll be like if he ever gets a couple of games alongside VvD.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #7342 on: May 24, 2021, 03:22:05 pm »
Some of the fans back then, their parents had known Anne Boleyn
Do you mean known in the biblical sense?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7343 on: August 14, 2021, 10:59:41 pm »
Shearer pulled the bollocks off himself over how good Man United were against a shit Leeds, but concentrated for 2 minutes on how easy Norwich was for us to play against. Super. Super punditry.

Looks like we'll just plod on till January for the penny to drop over how good we are again for these fuckers.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7344 on: August 14, 2021, 11:01:40 pm »
Shearer pulled the bollocks off himself over how good Man United were against a shit Leeds, but concentrated for 2 minutes on how easy Norwich was for us to play against. Super. Super punditry.

Looks like we'll just plod on till January for the penny to drop over how good we are again for these fuckers.

Does any of the claptrap any of these pundits utter have any impact on our performance?

Best just turn the sound down.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7345 on: August 14, 2021, 11:02:32 pm »

He called us elite, a full 48 hours after having us finishing 4th.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7346 on: August 14, 2021, 11:04:04 pm »
He called us elite, a full 48 hours after having us finishing 4th.
He really is morphing into Homer Simpson.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #7347 on: August 14, 2021, 11:06:33 pm »
Tuchel definitely looks like he does experiments on animals in his spare time. Weird guy.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #7348 on: August 14, 2021, 11:12:13 pm »
Tuchel definitely looks like he does experiments on animals in his spare time. Weird guy.
He does give me the creeps as well.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #7349 on: August 14, 2021, 11:51:10 pm »
Maupay gets shoved out of the way.
Shearer reckons it’s ok to shove anyone in his way to the floor.
State of the baldy dickhead.
“He felt contact he was entitled to go down”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7350 on: August 15, 2021, 01:39:03 am »
He does give me the creeps as well.
He's not so bad these days but earlier in his career when he'd wear all black with a longish coat and drainpipe trousers and sort of stalk around, he looked like a cross between a goth stick insect and the child-catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #7351 on: August 15, 2021, 01:37:22 pm »
^ :lmao
You paint quite a picture, Ghost Town ;D

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #7352 on: August 15, 2021, 11:54:53 pm »
Really enjoyed Danny Murphy's analysis of sports science in today's MOTD2, for anyone who didn't catch it, allow me to summarise and share Murphy's wisdom;

"Nowadays there's an obsession with numbers and stats about fitness, why not just ask a player if they feel alright?"

Stunning levels of insight, truly stunning.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7353 on: August 16, 2021, 12:02:31 am »
Really enjoyed Danny Murphy's analysis of sports science in today's MOTD2, for anyone who didn't catch it, allow me to summarise and share Murphy's wisdom;

"Nowadays there's an obsession with numbers and stats about fitness, why not just ask a player if they feel alright?"

Stunning levels of insight, truly stunning.

I loved his experience and insight into what it's like to come back to playing in front of crowds after 18 months.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7354 on: August 16, 2021, 02:32:40 am »
What excuses did Murphy et al make for the Fraud?

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7355 on: August 16, 2021, 10:35:50 pm »
What excuses did Murphy et al make for the Fraud?
None. Too busy being on board the "United are back" train. He spent 5 whole extra minutes on them on MoTD2 at the end, just, well, just because they're so fucking awesome, and he's a big, big fan of Greenwood and has been all along.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7356 on: August 16, 2021, 10:40:48 pm »
He's not so bad these days but earlier in his career when he'd wear all black with a longish coat and drainpipe trousers and sort of stalk around, he looked like a cross between a goth stick insect and the child-catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Jeez. Don't suggest Chelsea employ a sinister child catcher.

May lead to some very inappropriate chants. ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7357 on: August 16, 2021, 10:49:59 pm »
He looks like a Gestapo officer

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #7358 on: August 16, 2021, 10:50:36 pm »
None. Too busy being on board the "United are back" train. He spent 5 whole extra minutes on them on MoTD2 at the end, just, well, just because they're so fucking awesome, and he's a big, big fan of Greenwood and has been all along.
You’ve a stronger stomach than me, actually watching/listening to that ex-Charlton misanthropic (unless it’s a Manchester club) gobshite.

If it were me facilitating MOTD2, for fun I’d shoehorn a reference to Xabi Alonso and/or Rafa at any given opportunity just to trigger an involuntary twitch and purple vein pulsating on his forehead.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #7359 on: August 16, 2021, 10:54:38 pm »
He looks like a Gestapo officer
Really? Not the most appropriate reference to be honest.

I mean, he’s just not officer class.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg