Author Topic: Netflix series - Dark  (Read 9515 times)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Re: Netflix series - Dark
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2019, 10:41:29 am »
Whoever starts the 2nd series, get that jpeg-map(that shows how each character is connected with others) on your phone and have it handy. :) It will help you much more than watching any recap.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2019, 09:13:40 am »
Hoping this improves. Watched 3 episodes so far. Giving #4 a go.

Pretty terrible so far. I've read hundreds of stories on Time Travel and it all seems fairly contrived so far. The hints in this thread sound like it's about to get very good. But not happening yet :0
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2019, 11:16:26 am »
Well. Fair enough. Just finished Episode 5 and it's suddenly got very, very good.

To be fair to it as well, the slow and steady introduction is what is driving it now - all the characters are in the mix and the science fiction effect seems to be largely underplayed which I would guess means that it will all go batshit crazy before long and you actually care and are invested in the characters.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2019, 02:56:09 pm »
I really do hate the Americanisms creeping in myself, but I realise I'm absolutely guilty of it myself on this thread sadly.

Clutch realiszation...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2019, 12:38:45 pm »
Just finished rewatching the first series. Forgot how good it was. Feel like I know the characters well enough now to know what the fuck is going on when I get around to watching the second series.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2019, 01:54:51 am »
I'm 5 episodes in and very much intrigued.

I'm hoping the 'so what' of this will be worth the wait, because it's a real slow burn and my wife's patience is very much being tested.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 6, 2019, 01:16:04 am »
i actually can't believe this. the first season had 10 eps. i was avoiding looking at the titles and everything for this season. watched episode 8 of season 2 last night and thought right, will finish this off now. didn't realise that was the finale ffs.

either way, still a great 2nd season and honestly some quite emotional moments. glad i watched season 1 beforehand too. i love LOST but if they had planned their time travel storyline half as well as this did (i know it's the core of the show but still), it'd have been a much better show
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 6, 2019, 01:21:55 am »
Only saw the first season for the first time a week or so ago, and already four into the second series.

Really enjoy it. Even though you can see a lot of influences in the writing. I love it's ambition. Far from derivative. Love the score and soundtrack too

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2019, 03:48:50 pm »
First time I watched a show that was dubbed. I fucking hate it but fuck me this show is good. A bit of a cluster fuck at times but still very good.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2019, 04:46:19 pm »
First time I watched a show that was dubbed. I fucking hate it but fuck me this show is good. A bit of a cluster fuck at times but still very good.

Change it to subtitles!

Offline bigal

• Not Bi. Or a Gal for that matter.
  • Kopite
  • Allez les rouges
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2019, 05:43:24 pm »
Started watching and found the dubbing actors so uninvolved and wooden that I gave up. Take it I should give it another go?

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2019, 05:46:51 pm »
Started watching and found the dubbing actors so uninvolved and wooden that I gave up. Take it I should give it another go?

Deffo...use subs..dubbing is shite unless by King Tubby, Perry etc....

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2019, 06:16:57 pm »

It's simple enough to change it to subtitles. I don't know why Netflix have it set to dub as standard. They must've lost so many potential viewers who don't know you can just turn it to subtitles.

Offline bigal

• Not Bi. Or a Gal for that matter.
  • Kopite
  • Allez les rouges
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2019, 08:27:35 pm »
Cheers, didn't know I could do that

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2019, 11:27:33 pm »
Cheers, didn't know I could do that

No problem-  it's definitely much better. There is actually some very good acting in it that is completely lost when it's dubbed.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2019, 12:17:22 pm »
Upon reading some positive reviews, I recently watched three episodes but I quit. I thought it was rather stylish and had good potential. But it also seemed...weird. Too many characters sitting looking forlorn, staring into space while in deep thought, while a somber soundtrack plays in the background. Couldn't get into it.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2019, 12:26:01 pm »
Upon reading some positive reviews, I recently watched three episodes but I quit. I thought it was rather stylish and had good potential. But it also seemed...weird. Too many characters sitting looking forlorn, staring into space while in deep thought, while a somber soundtrack plays in the background. Couldn't get into it.

Too european for you ;)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2019, 12:32:25 pm »
Too european for you ;)
Nah, I'm quite enjoying the silly Norsemen show. ;D
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2019, 03:17:14 pm »

Stick with it. ....

Also ace sound track

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2019, 04:28:43 pm »
Stick with it. ....

Also ace sound track

Honestly the sound track is a(n embarrassingly) large part of why I like this show so much.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2019, 04:46:53 pm »
Tried my best to get into this a while back but failed. Not sure why. Gonna have another effort shortly. Maybe it was the subtitles or the dubbing, can't recall.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2019, 04:58:59 pm »
I think another part of my problem was (after 3 episodes) I really didn't find a character I liked yet. I think you need to find someone to root for in a show in order to enjoy it & invest time in it.

Stranger Things does that brilliantly, for example, with multiple choices.

EDIT: Again, I don't want to trash the show. It's gotten great reviews and a lot of you seem to really like it. I can see good elements in it. Just not for me I guess.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 05:01:00 pm by soxfan »
― Christine Szymanski

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2019, 05:58:56 am »
For me it's one of the best shows out there. Was blown away in 2017 when it debuted, and I'm happy to say they didn't f*** up the second season  ;D

Its most impressive feature is the entanglement of all the leading and supporting characters. It can be messy and hard to follow early on, but as the episodes pass, it all comes together. That's also the reason you should stick with it once you've started it.

It's special to me as I very rarely go for the "foreign" shows, especially those where CGI needs to be on point. But this has gripped me from the start!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2019, 12:45:03 pm »

i was avoiding looking at the titles and everything for this season. watched episode 8 of season 2 last night and thought right, will finish this off now. didn't realise that was the finale ffs.

Ha - did exactly the same . Sat down to watch the last 2 episodes and saw they didn't exist .

I also rewatched the first series again before watching the second and glad I did . Only problem is , when the 3rd series comes out , I'll probably have to watch the 1st and 2nd series again beforehand  ;D

The third ( and final ) series is / has been filming and is slated for release next year .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2019, 03:33:43 am »
Best series I've watched this year, along with Chernobyl.

Oh, and subtitles are a must for this.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2019, 05:58:31 pm »
Back at this again - S2 after a bit of  a rest.

OOh. Found out who Adam is :)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2019, 10:29:41 pm »
Finished it.

Gah another season then

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2020, 06:34:18 pm »
https://youtu.be/KKrUCZ4h9cw

Final season out June 27th.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2020, 09:28:49 pm »
Suppose I'll need to rewatch everything again to wrap my head around what's happening
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2020, 09:58:26 pm »
Wow, a new season already?!

Love the fact that it looks to be the final season as well. I hate it when shows go on for too long and the quality dwindles (happens all too often).

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2020, 10:38:36 pm »
Awesome, looking forward to it!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 1, 2020, 12:42:53 am »
Never thought I'd like a show like this but it's a belter, watched it all in german as well :D

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 1, 2020, 07:25:46 am »
Never thought I'd like a show like this but it's a belter, watched it all in german as well :D

Anything else is just wrong. Hate dubbing.

When I was holidaying in Spain in my youth, I noticed almost all foreign shows were dubbed to Spanish. In one case, it was the same person with all the voices  ;D

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 1, 2020, 09:12:15 am »

Nice one .

Have to watch series 2 again now otherwise I'll be fucked !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #74 on: June 1, 2020, 11:17:14 am »
Nice one .

The only negative thing about this series.

I'll watch a recap hoping it will do the trick but I'm afraid it won't be enough.

Watching the start of season 2, I had that map on my phone screen that someone had made that explains the relations between the characters.  ;D
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 1, 2020, 11:45:54 am »
Nice one .

Going to rewatch series 2 as well before series 3.

If they can pull off a series as good as the first 2 this will go down as one of the top 10 shows of all time for me.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 1, 2020, 12:28:03 pm »
The only negative thing about this series.

I'll watch a recap hoping it will do the trick but I'm afraid it won't be enough.

Watching the start of season 2, I had that map on my phone screen that someone had made that explains the relations between the characters.  ;D

Ha - it's a serious mind fuck . I'm hoping I can just get away with watching the 2nd series again , but may have series 1 on standby just in case !  :D

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 1, 2020, 12:32:19 pm »
Going to rewatch series 2 as well before series 3.

If they can pull off a series as good as the first 2 this will go down as one of the top 10 shows of all time for me.

Agreed , fantastic series . Good to know that they're not going to stretch it out , and get it wrapped up in this series .

Good also to have a conclsuion to the series - I've been waiting for years for Les Revenants to return , but unlike the series subject matter, it doesn't look like it will return ! :D

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #78 on: June 3, 2020, 04:46:29 pm »
I finally got to this, and is it ever fucking good. The cinematography, the score/sound effects, the acting, everything is very solid, but as always you don't have a thing if you don't have the characters, and this is bursting at the seams with great characters. And it's got the fantastic menace of the best traditional and exported (to Hollywood and noir) German expressionism. I'm usually in the camp that doesn't want to see series end after brief runs, but I am happy this next one is the last - by its nature, this plot could become tedious very quickly if you let it go on too long.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2020, 10:55:12 am »
League Champions and the new series of Dark is out today - what a great fucking week ! :champ