Author Topic: Do you tip?  (Read 6141 times)

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do you tip?
« on: June 25, 2017, 05:29:06 am »
When I pay and tip the pizza guy (regardless at least $5 tip) , I have two pockets with different amounts of cash depending on their level of trying.

Jist of this thread.

That sounds bad, both my method and that I order enough pizza to create this method. But working delivery on the side, it's so frustrating to see delivery guys who say the total and leave, compared to those who take 2 seconds to represent their company and are friendly.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 08:42:22 am by Claire. »
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Innocent secrets
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 12:46:41 pm »
You tip the pizza delivery guy??

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 12:49:17 pm »
If I fancy the delivery person I give them the fiver I've had wrapped round my member since I ordered.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 12:53:19 pm »
I have a secret stash of tea-bags.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 07:22:18 pm »
I have a 12 gauge stashed somewhere...
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 07:24:01 pm »

He said $5. Yanks tip for everything.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 08:01:00 pm »
I pissed in a cupboard once, just to see what would happen.
No time for caution.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 08:37:55 pm »
I tip all delivery people as they save me the hassle of collecting and it guarantees my food arrives in double quick time 😁

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 10:59:51 pm »
I tip all delivery people as they save me the hassle of collecting and it guarantees my food arrives in double quick time 😁

Do you get free delivery?
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 11:16:28 pm »
When I pay and tip the pizza guy (regardless at least $5 tip) , I have two pockets with different amounts of cash depending on their level of trying.

Jist of this thread.

That sounds bad, both my method and that I order enough pizza to create this method. But working delivery on the side, it's so frustrating to see delivery guys who say the total and leave, compared to those who take 2 seconds to represent their company and are friendly.

Have you ever thought about not starting a thread again ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 11:23:19 pm »
I start a thread about once per year, and they're usually about as successful as this one. So yes, I have. It seemed like a good idea at the time

Of course, is that uncommon in UK? They pay delivery drivers much below minimum wage and it evens out with tips. Just a side job to help pay student loans

You monster!!

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 10:42:50 am »

Jist of this thread.

I do this with taxi drivers.

My usual fare is about Ł8, so if they've made an effort and are friendly (and not taken the long route) I'll give them a tenner, otherwise I make sure I've got some shrapnel in my pocket and give them spot on the money.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:53:40 am by The Bournemouth Red »
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 11:49:17 am »

Take your negative energy elsewhere.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 11:51:52 am »
I tip them because I did it for a Summer. It's not an easy job and is absolutely shit money as you can imagine

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 01:01:21 pm »

Good one. Me too.  :)
I have two stashes of biscuits.
When colleagues are around and also appear hungry, I have the salty discounted ones.
When I am alone or I know no one else is, I have the one with chocolate or caramel filling.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 02:48:46 pm »
Of course, is that uncommon in UK? They pay delivery drivers much below minimum wage and it evens out with tips. Just a side job to help pay student loans

Another little peek into what post-brexit Britain could look like. Oh, yay.

We tend to tip, don't have a method like yours, though, they either get a tip or they don't and it usually depends on if it's on time cos when it isn't, you're too fucking annoyed to give them anything.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 02:52:36 pm »
Another little peek into what post-brexit Britain could look like. Oh, yay.

We tend to tip, don't have a method like yours, though, they either get a tip or they don't and it usually depends on if it's on time cos when it isn't, you're too fucking annoyed to give them anything.

I usually tip to round it up, and if the order ends in a 0 or 5 then I just leave it  :-X
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 03:34:11 pm »
I usually tip to round it up, and if the order ends in a 0 or 5 then I just leave it  :-X

Minimum tip from us is a Ł1!

What we give depends lately cos loads of places are charging Ł2.50 to deliver now, I assume that's what the driver gets, but maybe I am being naive. I'm definitely being naive, it's probably about 20p.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 04:05:27 pm »
I don't tip for food delivery as most charge. Don't give a fuck who gets it but I'm not paying twice ffs

In fact the only time I tip is for sit down food.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 04:36:01 pm »
I always tip the pizza delivery chap, usually Ł1 - Ł1.50

I always tip taxi drivers, always tip in restaurants, always tell bar staff to take their own (other than in London where the bastards take Ł4 and tell me they will 'have it later')

No wonder I've got no money
Legacy fan

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 04:37:58 pm »
I don't tip for food delivery as most charge. Don't give a fuck who gets it but I'm not paying twice ffs

In fact the only time I tip is for sit down food.

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 05:28:29 pm »
My taxi journeys tip depends upon the conversation.

If they bother me I don't tip, if they don't talk I tip a little... :D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 08:56:32 pm »
There's people that don't tip for a delivery of food 😯 I always have and always will. Suppose if they already charge delivery that may be different.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 09:19:28 pm »
Do you get free delivery?
Why would that matter when the delivery charge goes to the takeaway not the driver?

They do the shittiest of jobs for very little money so that I can stay home and wait for my food to arrive, a small financial appreciation is the least I can do.

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 10:29:49 pm »
Can we change the thread title to "Do you tip?" so it gives the impression my original topic was of interest?

Also my company charges a convenience fee, 2.99 I believe. We get about $1 of it. In my location, the population is low compared to the amount of area we cover. I very easily will spend that much in gas to get to and from one house and can take up to 45 minutes round trip. I can understand where they are coming from, and regardless I'm always cheery and upbeat even if I know they're going to stiff me (only chance I have to change their mind), but it can be frustrating to know you just spent the last hour working and made $3. It evens out usually though, most nights in a 4 hour shift I average about $40 in tips and maybe $10 in the convenience fee charges. I could probably be doing something else, but I enjoy driving and listening to podcasts on the way there, also low stress most of the time.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:36:57 pm by BRdispatch05 »

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 12:18:28 am »
Yeah over here tip for everything. What's pissed me off recently though is when you go to the takeout on the way home and pay. On the till there's an optional tip, fuck off with that shit.

But we tip a lot of the time based on how long we stay. If a few of the lads go out and watch a game and we are there 3or 4 hrs just drinking, and maybe the bill is around $150, we'll give the waitress at least $50 as they get paid on turnover. So if we spend a long time then it's reflect d in the tip and if she's done a good job

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: Do you tip?
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 11:27:56 am »
A tip should always be optional and should be dependent on every level of quality & service.
No waiter/waitress or staff at any level should  have to rely on tips to make up their wages.

I have never been to the US or anywhere where tips are compulsory..what happens if the meal is shite & you get poor service too?
Are you still expected to tip?

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 11:31:38 am »
I tip when I go to a restaurant if there's no service charge unless the service is appalling. For delivery food there's usually a few quid delivery charge so I don't bother.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 11:32:31 am »
Some places the staff don't actually get any of the tips either, all goes into the till instead.....ha ha I'm sure that fucking works well! ;D

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 11:56:08 am »
Some places the staff don't actually get any of the tips either, all goes into the till instead.....ha ha I'm sure that fucking works well! ;D
My friends always pay the tip when paying on card (I always have money on me, but I think most people seem to use card now) Whereas I like to give an actual cash tip so there is more chance of the waiter/waitress seeing it.

Always think if you pay the tip by card it will just go as an overpayment or something.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 11:59:10 am »
Don't eat yellow snow is the best tip I can offer anybody.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 12:03:14 pm »
Some places the staff don't actually get any of the tips either, all goes into the till instead.

Always ask at every restaurant whether the staff gets the tips. If not, then I won't tip. If they do then normally leave 10-15% of the bill as a tip.

Normally tip the takeaway delivery fella as well. Couple of quid at the very most. Tip my hairdresser and leave a tip at a bar if it's been table service as well.

Apart from that I don't tip anyone else. I know people who give the bin men, postman, milk man, paper delivery boys tips at Xmas. That seems a bit excessive to me but each to their own.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 12:05:19 pm »
I have never been to the US or anywhere where tips are compulsory..what happens if the meal is shite & you get poor service too?
Are you still expected to tip?

Yep! Just give the minimum if its bad service. I've spoken to barmaids in NYC who don't actually get a wage, they just earn tips, they said that's normal. Shocking really.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 12:31:22 pm »
Yep! Just give the minimum if its bad service. I've spoken to barmaids in NYC who don't actually get a wage, they just earn tips, they said that's normal. Shocking really.

I remember a beach bar I used to go to every year in st.petes beach in Florida got to know a few of the bar staff and they were the same no wage just the tips but they were getting around 200 dollars a day and said no one ever really leaves

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 12:32:17 pm »
I know people who give the bin men, postman, milk man, paper delivery boys tips at Xmas. That seems a bit excessive to me but each to their own.

Used to do that but don't get the milk delivered anymore, I do half the bin men's job by taking the wheelie bin out to the road and the postman delivers the letters to the wrong houses.
Legacy fan

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2017, 12:36:50 pm »
Used to do that but don't get the milk delivered anymore, I do half the bin men's job by taking the wheelie bin out to the road and the postman delivers the letters to the wrong houses.

No need to punish the paper boy for all that.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2017, 12:41:20 pm »
No need to punish the paper boy for all that.

Paper person used to just lob the paper on the step where it all blew away so cancelled that. Just get the bins emptied and next door's letters now.
Legacy fan

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2017, 12:54:36 pm »
I do half the bin men...
I stopped reading right there! :o

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2017, 01:04:31 pm »
I stopped reading right there! :o

You've got a wheelie rude mind, I refuse to read any more of your rubbish.
Legacy fan

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »
The Confessions of a Binman