Author Topic: Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.  (Read 48478 times)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2015, 01:30:19 pm »
Email off Amazon today telling me Yodel have left my 3 parcels at reception in my apartment block.

Should be interesting when I get home, given that the block doesn't have a reception area.   :D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2015, 06:27:33 pm »
I used to know a guy who made his living as a teddy bear doctor, complete with different store rooms for sociable bears and unsociable ones while awaiting repair ( the unsociable ones were on shelves with dividers, the sociable ones were on open shelves obviously). We went for a lunchtime pint once and when we got back to his workshop found a parcel in the open area at the foot of his stairs (open door next to a busy city centre street). Took it up to his 3rd floor workshop and it turned out to be a Steiff someone had sent in not even needing a signature.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2015, 06:40:39 pm »
I used to know a guy who made his living as a teddy bear doctor, complete with different store rooms for sociable bears and unsociable ones while awaiting repair ( the unsociable ones were on shelves with dividers, the sociable ones were on open shelves obviously). We went for a lunchtime pint once and when we got back to his workshop found a parcel in the open area at the foot of his stairs (open door next to a busy city centre street). Took it up to his 3rd floor workshop and it turned out to be a Steiff someone had sent in not even needing a signature.

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm guessing that's an antique bear worth several hundreds (or even thousands?) of pounds?

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2015, 02:37:04 pm »
Yep.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #124 on: December 2, 2015, 12:28:52 pm »
Got a bottle of bourbon left for me with a neighbour at the weekend.

Opened the box and the bottle had been opened and re-sealed with brown tape, stuffed in a green Yodel bag and back in the box leaking.

Gawd bless 'em.  :-\
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #125 on: December 2, 2015, 02:48:58 pm »
Yodel have new competition. Amazon Logistics.

They failed to deliver on a Saturday, after I waited in all day. They then said, don't worry we'll deliver tomorrow, between 7am & 9pm. 14 hour window, at least they don't inconvenience you.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 2, 2015, 03:21:40 pm »
Yodel have new competition. Amazon Logistics.

They failed to deliver on a Saturday, after I waited in all day. They then said, don't worry we'll deliver tomorrow, between 7am & 9pm. 14 hour window, at least they don't inconvenience you.
You may well find that they are one and the same thing, Amazon agreed a deal to buy a share of Yodel last year:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/24/amazon-yodel-barclay-brothers-deal

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #127 on: December 2, 2015, 05:02:47 pm »
I thought getting my parcels delivered to me at work would solve those 'not at home issues'. Nope. Check tracking info and note its says 'no-one at home'. Hmmm...Amazon Prime can fuck right off and now Ive not used them for 2yrs. Instead I can usually find what I need elsewhere.

besides the feckers dont pay enough tax. Thus Ive boycotted the fuckers.

SAY NO, FUCK OFF TO AMAZON THE CHEATING c*nts.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 2, 2015, 05:53:01 pm »
I've a moral dilemma.

My morals are saying no. My bank account is saying fuck Amazon, and fuck Hermes.

I ordered shit loads of stuff from Amazon over the last week. Saturday, I got a delivery of 2 products, both by Hermes. Only one of the products is showing as delivered on my amazon account. The other is showing as in transit or dispatched or whatever it says on there. Delivery estimate is 2-7th december. But I've already got it.

Do I leave it, or do I moan a bit to Amazon and say I haven't got it and want my money back?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #129 on: December 3, 2015, 10:41:51 pm »
Sounds like a shitty thing to do that.

Last christmas I had a parcel not get delivered and phoned up and got a 50 quid refund. a week later they both arrived in the post but I just kept them. Little bit different if you've already got them though.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #130 on: December 3, 2015, 10:47:29 pm »
I've a moral dilemma.

My morals are saying no. My bank account is saying fuck Amazon, and fuck Hermes.

I ordered shit loads of stuff from Amazon over the last week. Saturday, I got a delivery of 2 products, both by Hermes. Only one of the products is showing as delivered on my amazon account. The other is showing as in transit or dispatched or whatever it says on there. Delivery estimate is 2-7th december. But I've already got it.

Do I leave it, or do I moan a bit to Amazon and say I haven't got it and want my money back?

Fuck them. Fuck, their brains out. You've got them by the tits, grab'em, squeeze'em - fuck their brains out.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #131 on: December 3, 2015, 10:53:07 pm »
Delivery guy knocks on the door today and asks where he can put my parcels when I'm not in.

"Take them back to the depot or leave them with a neighbour" says I "Under no circumstances do you leave the parcels unattended at my house"

"I can't take it to the depot and its a long walk to your neighbours" he says (I live in a fucking Semi! long walk wtf?!)
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 4, 2015, 08:43:50 am »
Having my first running with these cowboys. I work from home so I'm always home. Waiting for a delivery of a high hair from mothercare when apparently it's been delivered and signed for by my Mrs even though she wasn't home and I have a different surname!

They didn't even come down our road as the home office is but the window.

Called the driver asking what's going on and he hung up on me then turned his phone off! Clearly he's stolen the item! Apparently have to wait for an internal investigation where yodel will ask the driver what happened. Fuck that mothercare are going to get an irate customer this morning. If I can show a fraudulent signature can I get the police involved?

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 4, 2015, 10:06:55 am »
Went ballistic at Mothercare who were saying the push chair hasn't even been despatched yet so I'm thinking my address is being fraudulently used as haven't ordered anything else from mothercare. The other delivery I had yesterday was from the early learning centre who are apparently part of mothercare so that was the delivery that arrived and the text a got from mothercare about delivery was about that package.

So I gave the driver and yodel both barrels yesterday for nothing. Oops  :P

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #134 on: December 9, 2015, 05:13:46 pm »

So I gave the driver and yodel both barrels yesterday for nothing. Oops  :P

Hahahahahha
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2015, 10:02:25 am »
Got a parcel being delivered by Interlink today. (It should have come yesterday as I paid for next day delivery!!)

Just had a message saying my delivery driver will be at mine between 1pm and 2pm. Just got on the parcel tracker to see where he is and he's at the depot which is literally about 50 metres from my house!!! Just fucking call at mine first you twat seeing as you're already a day late!!!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2015, 10:09:46 am »
Got a parcel being delivered by Interlink today. (It should have come yesterday as I paid for next day delivery!!)

Just had a message saying my delivery driver will be at mine between 1pm and 2pm. Just got on the parcel tracker to see where he is and he's at the depot which is literally about 50 metres from my house!!! Just fucking call at mine first you twat seeing as you're already a day late!!!

Interlink aren't too bad as are owned by DPD (who I've always thought are excellent). Is a bit bizarre with the delivery schedule but think it's all done by computer to work out the best routes.

Was it their fault it wasn't delivered yesterday or the company you bought it from?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2015, 11:34:25 am »
Interlink aren't too bad as are owned by DPD (who I've always thought are excellent). Is a bit bizarre with the delivery schedule but think it's all done by computer to work out the best routes.

Was it their fault it wasn't delivered yesterday or the company you bought it from?

Not sure really. Not too bothered like, the next day delivery was like £1.50 more than standard delivery so no point complaining. Just thought it was mad seeing on the map how close the driver was to my house yet he wasn't going to arrive for another 4 hours.  ::)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2015, 11:36:44 am »
Not sure really. Not too bothered like, the next day delivery was like £1.50 more than standard delivery so no point complaining. Just thought it was mad seeing on the map how close the driver was to my house yet he wasn't going to arrive for another 4 hours.  ::)

I've had it before where I've seen them deliver about 100m down the road in the morning, then not come to me until a few hours later (UPS).

Also had UPS deliver one package to me in the morning, then another later in the day, both from the same sender (but two different shipments). He was fuming the system didn't tell him he had two deliveries here.

Bizarre!

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2015, 08:22:53 pm »
Merry Christmas from YODEL  :butt

https://twitter.com/benr_1985/status/676530224360726528

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cf0Goj0XDz0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cf0Goj0XDz0</a>
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:24:46 pm by Swissgaz »
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #140 on: January 6, 2016, 10:24:59 pm »
So I was expecting a parcel from the LFC online store, they emailed yesterday to say it was being delivered by DPD (UK). I was out so DPD emailed to say they had left it in my basement and sent me a photo of the card they put through the door plus a photo of the parcel sitting in the basement like some kind of weird hostage situation.

Anyway, I get home last night and lo and behold, no card through the door and no parcel in the basement. I have emailed LFC but I don't know what I can do, DPD will surely just say they have photo proof that they delivered it?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #141 on: January 7, 2016, 09:01:44 am »
So I was expecting a parcel from the LFC online store, they emailed yesterday to say it was being delivered by DPD (UK). I was out so DPD emailed to say they had left it in my basement and sent me a photo of the card they put through the door plus a photo of the parcel sitting in the basement like some kind of weird hostage situation.

Anyway, I get home last night and lo and behold, no card through the door and no parcel in the basement. I have emailed LFC but I don't know what I can do, DPD will surely just say they have photo proof that they delivered it?

Was it signed for by anyone?

I would have thought they would have had to have proof of a signature first.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #142 on: January 7, 2016, 10:01:41 am »

Don't think they leave packages which are sent requiring a signature.

Does anyone else have access to the basement and letter box the notice should of been in?

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 7, 2016, 11:35:29 am »
Got 2 baby seats and a ISOFIX base due from these clowns today. Shall we open a book when they actually arrive.

I'll go with 19th January.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #144 on: January 7, 2016, 12:04:49 pm »
Got 2 baby seats and a ISOFIX base due from these clowns today. Shall we open a book when they actually arrive.

I'll go with 19th January.

Depends what you class as arrived. If you mean left somewhere you'll struggle to get them and where they'll get soaked by the rain then I'll go for the fact they are already in that place!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 7, 2016, 12:20:23 pm »

I was expecting to have to sign for it but they didn't get any signature.  Hopefully they were meant to get one though as I can use that in my defence.

Don't think they leave packages which are sent requiring a signature.

Does anyone else have access to the basement and letter box the notice should of been in?

There are two other flats which have access to the letterbox/basement but neither of them were in when it was apparently delivered. I'm pretty definite neither of them are lying as we've used the same system for years and they both know I have photo evidence.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2016, 09:31:02 pm »

An update on this: LFC say they can't do anything as DPD have told them they delivered it so I can't get a refund or replacement parcel sent out from them. DPD are currently not responding to my emails. I still don't understand how a photo of my parcel and a photo of the card BEFORE it was supposedly put through my letterbox (but which never appeared the other side of the letterbox) are proof they delivered my parcel. I might be forced to admit the parcel was somehow stolen if a card had come through the door but without that as well it's all very suspicious.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2016, 10:48:11 pm »
Whenever I buy anything wherever I see a comment box I write "Do not leave unattended - return to depot".

Usually works.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2016, 01:48:04 am »
Guy popped round on Saturday, I had literally just jumped in the shower, as I went to leave and there was a card 20 minutes previous. My own fault though. But I called the number and he was like "Yeah if you want to pop round to my house, you can pick it up or I'll bring it Monday"

Do you literally get the chance to work for them simply for owning a car/van is that how it works?

He dropped it off late on Monday but it arrived that was the main thing.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2016, 02:55:33 pm »
I've a moral dilemma.

Just had a similar thing yesterday/today. I live next to a block of student flats. I checked the live tracking and it stated the delivery had been handed over to a receptionist, so I assume it was at the block of flats next door. My housemate was coming back home at the time, and I suppose he intercepted the receptionist returning it to our house after realising the address wasn't for the flats, and gave me the parcel.

The live tracking still, obviously, stated it had been handed over to a receptionist, so I got on Amazon live chat and basically requested a refund for the order as, for all they know, it hadn't gotten to me. They asked me to wait 24 hours to wait and see if the delivery turns up (but of course, it won't as I've already indirectly received it). Just got on their live chat again requesting a refund and they've processed it. £90 worth of items for £20 (the other delivery of the order was delivered to me this morning).

Feel like a bit of a tit, but Amazon did deliver it to someone at a wrong address, who just so happened to have the conscience to redirect it back to me. Plus it's money saved.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2016, 03:11:24 pm »
Just had a similar thing yesterday/today. I live next to a block of student flats. I checked the live tracking and it stated the delivery had been handed over to a receptionist, so I assume it was at the block of flats next door. My housemate was coming back home at the time, and I suppose he intercepted the receptionist returning it to our house after realising the address wasn't for the flats, and gave me the parcel.

The live tracking still, obviously, stated it had been handed over to a receptionist, so I got on Amazon live chat and basically requested a refund for the order as, for all they know, it hadn't gotten to me. They asked me to wait 24 hours to wait and see if the delivery turns up (but of course, it won't as I've already indirectly received it). Just got on their live chat again requesting a refund and they've processed it. £90 worth of items for £20 (the other delivery of the order was delivered to me this morning).

Feel like a bit of a tit, but Amazon did deliver it to someone at a wrong address, who just so happened to have the conscience to redirect it back to me. Plus it's money saved.

Let's hope the delivery company don't trace the receptionist who signed for it, who then get's in trouble for taking the parcel so you could steal some shit.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2016, 03:19:46 pm »
Let's hope the delivery company don't trace the receptionist who signed for it, who then get's in trouble for taking the parcel so you could steal some shit.

It was Amazon Logistics and the tracking stated 'Parcel handed over to receptionist - Parcel signed by 'Sawmills 24/7' (the name of the accommodation) so no name of the receptionist was given. Don't see how she/he would get in trouble over accepting a parcel, personally as there's no proof of who it was who accepted it, besides it not being me.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2016, 03:29:10 pm »
It was Amazon Logistics and the tracking stated 'Parcel handed over to receptionist - Parcel signed by 'Sawmills 24/7' (the name of the accommodation) so no name of the receptionist was given. Don't see how she/he would get in trouble over accepting a parcel, personally as there's no proof of who it was who accepted it, besides it not being me.

I imagine they have a date and time it was delivered, so their employers will know who was working that day. If it's been signed for then that will also identify that person you'd of thought.

There is obviously no legal trouble she can get in as not enough evidence, but if the delivery company chase it up with the receptionists employer, and it puts the thought in their head that they are signing for packages then not delivering them, or they are going missing, then not going to be good for them is it.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2016, 03:40:18 pm »
I imagine they have a date and time it was delivered, so their employers will know who was working that day. If it's been signed for then that will also identify that person you'd of thought.

There is obviously no legal trouble she can get in as not enough evidence, but if the delivery company chase it up with the receptionists employer, and it puts the thought in their head that they are signing for packages then not delivering them, or they are going missing, then not going to be good for them is it.

No, I get that. But for me, Amazon did deliver the parcel to the wrong address. If someone delivered a parcel to my house, and I didn't realise it wasn't meant for me and if I did just keep it, there's no responsibility assumed by me legally - assuming I don't open it, it's Amazon.

Amazon Logistics is, obviously, a part of Amazon, and their policy is that they assume all responsibility for the order until delivery is made, then it's no longer their responsibility. They delivered it the wrong address, and have recognised their responsibility for it by offering me a refund for the order. What happens to the order after they delivered it to the wrong address isn't part of the contract they've entered with me.

I guess I'm approaching it with a legal viewpoint, but I do get the morality of it, which is why I quoted Barney's post. Personally, I see them offering a refund as taking responsibility and closing the matter and I don't see it escalating any further, ie. contacting an employer. I don't see Amazon Logistics - with the amount of orders they receive and deliver - chasing up an employer over a missing parcel containing an iPhone case, 3 pairs of boxers and hair clippers. But yes, to your original post, let's hope.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2016, 03:45:20 pm »
You've basically just admitted to committing fraud ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2016, 03:47:57 pm »
No, I get that. But for me, Amazon did deliver the parcel to the wrong address. If someone delivered a parcel to my house, and I didn't realise it wasn't meant for me and if I did just keep it, there's no responsibility assumed by me legally - assuming I don't open it, it's Amazon.

Amazon Logistics is, obviously, a part of Amazon, and their policy is that they assume all responsibility for the order until delivery is made, then it's no longer their responsibility. They delivered it the wrong address, and have recognised their responsibility for it by offering me a refund for the order. What happens to the order after they delivered it to the wrong address isn't part of the contract they've entered with me.

I guess I'm approaching it with a legal viewpoint, but I do get the morality of it, which is why I quoted Barney's post. Personally, I see them offering a refund as taking responsibility and closing the matter and I don't see it escalating any further, ie. contacting an employer. I don't see Amazon Logistics - with the amount of orders they receive and deliver - chasing up an employer over a missing parcel containing an iPhone case, 3 pairs of boxers and hair clippers. But yes, to your original post, let's hope.

However you want to rationalise with yourself what you've done mate to be honest.

Fact is if they chase it up (no idea if they will or not) they can trace the parcel directly to the receptionist, and then it goes missing. Now they won't get into trouble legally as said, but I doubt their employers will look favourably on a receptionist, whose job involves signing for parcels, being involved in one going missing between themselves and you - because they will obviously say they gave it to you, and you've said that never happened.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2016, 03:58:09 pm »
However you want to rationalise with yourself what you've done mate to be honest.

Fact is if they chase it up (no idea if they will or not) they can trace the parcel directly to the receptionist, and then it goes missing. Now they won't get into trouble legally as said, but I doubt their employers will look favourably on a receptionist, whose job involves signing for parcels, being involved in one going missing between themselves and you - because they will obviously say they gave it to you, and you've said that never happened.

That's the grey area for me, mate. The receptionist didn't personally deliver the item next door to me. My housemate happened to walk past and see it was for our address (had our house number and road in big, bold font on the side of the parcel) and asked if it was for '123 XXX road', to which the receptionist said yes and handed it over. My housemate, for all the receptionist knows, could be a stranger who just saw the address and took the parcel.

So if it does escalate, he/she could simply say they've handed it over to someone on the road who claimed to live in the house. What if the person was really a stranger who did steal a parcel? In that case, I haven't received a parcel and my only knowledge of the delivery is it being made to a reception. If they do chase it up with the receptionist, I don't see them getting in trouble, as they could've been duped themselves and Amazon were originally at fault for delivering it to the wrong address. I don't see it escalating or causing an issue for the receptionist, personally.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2016, 04:04:11 pm »
That's the grey area for me, mate. The receptionist didn't personally deliver the item next door to me. My housemate happened to walk past and see it was for our address (had our house number and road in big, bold font on the side of the parcel) and asked if it was for '123 XXX road', to which the receptionist said yes and handed it over. My housemate, for all the receptionist knows, could be a stranger who just saw the address and took the parcel.

So if it does escalate, he/she could simply say they've handed it over to someone on the road who claimed to live in the house. What if the person was really a stranger who did steal a parcel? In that case, I haven't received a parcel and my only knowledge of the delivery is it being made to a reception. If they do chase it up with the receptionist, I don't see them getting in trouble, as they could've been duped themselves and Amazon were originally at fault for delivering it to the wrong address. I don't see it escalating or causing an issue for the receptionist, personally.

That will also get them in shit too then won't it, as their employer will basically say they gave it to some random person as it never got to the right person - but it did. I imagine as it'll be a big part of their job that they have set guidelines they should be following, which although they may not of done it actually didn't result in the parcel being lost.... well it didn't, but only you know that.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2016, 04:12:15 pm »
That will also get them in shit too then won't it, as their employer will basically say they gave it to some random person as it never got to the right person - but it did. I imagine as it'll be a big part of their job that they have set guidelines they should be following, which although they may not of done it actually didn't result in the parcel being lost.... well it didn't, but only you know that.

I've seen the reception accepting orders before, they simply take the parcel, sign for it and put it behind them (or if small enough, in the letter boxes for the students living there), and notify the students by popping in a slip in the letterbox to say they have a parcel. In this case, the delivery was accepted, when it shouldn't have, and I assume whilst sorting out the parcels, the receptionist realised it was meant for the house next door to the flats. I imagine their protocol, with wrong deliveries, would be to ring the courier company and ask for them to collect it. But with our house being right next door, such a protocol would be pretty useless, as it could just be directed to us within 30 seconds. So any guidelines, I'd have thought, would be excusable to ignore in such a scenario. Like I said, I don't see it escalating to such a stage where an employer gets involved. Or if anything, in the past 24 hours, Amazon Logistics could've gotten in touch with the receptionist, who said they handed it over to someone who claimed to live at my address and Amazon came to a decision to issue a refund based on how unreliable that process might be, but not giving shit to the receptionist, as it wasn't meant to be delivered there in the first place, but was.

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2016, 05:10:59 pm »
I've seen the reception accepting orders before, they simply take the parcel, sign for it and put it behind them (or if small enough, in the letter boxes for the students living there), and notify the students by popping in a slip in the letterbox to say they have a parcel. In this case, the delivery was accepted, when it shouldn't have, and I assume whilst sorting out the parcels, the receptionist realised it was meant for the house next door to the flats. I imagine their protocol, with wrong deliveries, would be to ring the courier company and ask for them to collect it. But with our house being right next door, such a protocol would be pretty useless, as it could just be directed to us within 30 seconds. So any guidelines, I'd have thought, would be excusable to ignore in such a scenario. Like I said, I don't see it escalating to such a stage where an employer gets involved. Or if anything, in the past 24 hours, Amazon Logistics could've gotten in touch with the receptionist, who said they handed it over to someone who claimed to live at my address and Amazon came to a decision to issue a refund based on how unreliable that process might be, but not giving shit to the receptionist, as it wasn't meant to be delivered there in the first place, but was.
Are you this honest in all your dealings?
Whatever way you cut it what you did is dishonest.