Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 332967 times)

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
Re: The weather
« Reply #640 on: January 12, 2016, 03:53:07 am »
Much more to come, John, looking upwind of you the showers are really getting going over NI and heading towards the Cheshire Gap, which usually means whatever hits NI, hits Libpool, hits Chester and even down as far as the northern part of the West Mids. The winds are due to shift to Straight North soon. Expect some lovely windchill factor this weekend and plenty of cold nights. If the wind drops, sharp frosts too for a few mornings, at least until early next week. Snow too in places :D

*edit* - just looked at the forecast, after my above predictions that I usually make just off the pressure charts! I should never have left the Met Office :(

Schorchio, schorchio... Cumululimbus??? :o :'(
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #641 on: February 17, 2016, 12:59:35 am »
Just piss off you dirty bastard. Sick of the fucking rainnnnnn!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: February 17, 2016, 01:35:11 am »
Just piss off you dirty bastard. Sick of the fucking rainnnnnn!
Tell me about it. The forecast doesn't look too great either.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ttplhunRfj4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ttplhunRfj4</a>

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #643 on: February 17, 2016, 09:25:17 am »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: April 28, 2016, 07:24:37 pm »
Nearly May in Liverpool and hale stones like oranges have invaded us.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: April 28, 2016, 07:28:03 pm »
Last night there was hail for about half an hour, never seen it last that long before. Still had them about an inch deep on my roof this morning.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: April 28, 2016, 07:53:41 pm »

Thats hit me in Manchester too. Also had thunder and lightening.

Had snow and hail last night and massive snow flakes fell this morning, then the sun came out and it was melted in 10 minutes and was warm enough to walk the kids to school without a coat.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #647 on: April 28, 2016, 08:30:26 pm »
I went to Bath races on Tuesday. We had warm sunshine, rain, hail and snow all in a 2 hour time frame. It's mad.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #648 on: April 28, 2016, 08:55:02 pm »
It's snowing April... I'm telling you that was Prince. Only explanation.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: April 28, 2016, 09:37:18 pm »
It's snowing April... I'm telling you that was Prince. Only explanation.

No climate change issues in Sydney. 2nd last day of April and we're expecting 28 degrees celsius today.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #650 on: April 29, 2016, 09:50:30 am »
Pouring with rain and very windy just off the Fylde Coast.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #651 on: April 29, 2016, 10:08:38 am »
Bonkers last night in South Liverpool

Blue Sky. Birds tweeting.
Ten minutes later: Heavy Rain. Mad winds.
Five minutes later: Hailstones bouncing off the roof.
Ten minutes later: Blue sky. Birds tweeting.
Twenty minutes later. Howling gale. Mad rain. Thunder. Lightning.
Ten minutes later. Birds tweeting. Lovely calm night. Blue sky..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #652 on: April 29, 2016, 10:28:37 am »
Brazilians I'm friends with are currently getting a great kick out of this on Facebook. Picked the wrong country to come learn English

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: April 29, 2016, 03:00:10 pm »
Spring is always an interesting time in Texas, and appears to be an interesting time in the UK as well by reading this thread. Less snow here, but the roofing contractors have a field day during this time of year with hail destroying people's roofs year after year. And of course there's usually a weekly 'nader threat, although we've got two this week (Tuesday and now tonight). When it's not storming however, patios are usually full of people drinking margaritas and eating tacos. Something quite nice about a patio and temperatures in the 60's and 70's.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #654 on: April 29, 2016, 03:05:41 pm »

I got caught in that hail storm.

I left ours and noticed the sky was black looking northwards. I said to myself I'd make it to the Willow Bank in time. Nah !  I had to take shelter beneath a tree on Greenbank for five minutes.

Flash Gordon's approaching !!!
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #655 on: April 29, 2016, 03:10:56 pm »
I've got an urge to stick one in John C's top corner.  Most definitely not a euphemism.

Just pissed it down for the third Friday in a row and looks like my son's cricket will be off again.  He'll be delighted,  I'm gutted... It's one of the few chances to get a couple of pints in these days!

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #656 on: April 29, 2016, 03:20:48 pm »
Ne're cast a clout till May is out.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: April 29, 2016, 03:38:06 pm »
When's Tit Monday this year?    :D

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #658 on: April 29, 2016, 03:40:02 pm »

Everyday in Liverpool.

Scouse birds still wear their bikini's mate.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #659 on: April 29, 2016, 05:00:56 pm »

Every time Chopper posts on said day, theres also twat Tuesday in his honour as well.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #660 on: April 29, 2016, 05:42:36 pm »
I've got an urge to stick one in John C's top corner.  Most definitely not a euphemism.

I was admiring the length of his hose.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #661 on: April 29, 2016, 06:58:45 pm »
Every time Chopper posts on said day, theres also twat Tuesday in his honour as well.

Looks like you've got the rest of the week sown up then kid. 

I know you're posh, so I'll be nice - ones Momma, whilst ones Poppa watches.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #662 on: April 29, 2016, 07:18:50 pm »
Brazilians I'm friends with are currently getting a great kick out of this on Facebook. Picked the wrong country to come learn English

We've got some awesome weather here, really. I love that it's all over the fucking place.

I can enjoy more exotic climes, vast pristine snowscapes, etc. But I reckon I'd start to miss our moody weather before too long. The fact that around this time of year you can have the gorgeous bright red cloud-splitting dawn, the sunny bluesky morning, the romantically overcast afternoon, the early evening thunderstorm with lightning strikes setting off car alarms, a spot of hail or snow before dark, and then the warm colours coming out again for sunset before a pretty mild moonlit night... magic. Would be extra boss if I lived anywhere without light pollution everywhere you fucking go, so we could have starry skies again.

Saying that, if you live somewhere on these isles that basically pisses it down for all but a few days a year, I do understand how it might get old quick.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #663 on: April 29, 2016, 07:48:15 pm »
Looks like you've got the rest of the week sown up then kid. 

I know you're posh, so I'll be nice - ones Momma, whilst ones Poppa watches.

Wank Wednesday in our abode.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: April 29, 2016, 09:07:23 pm »
It's fucking chucking it down here. In fact it hasn't fucking stopped for weeks. When the fuck will it stop raining?
Fuck knows    ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #665 on: April 29, 2016, 10:23:08 pm »
It's fucking chucking it down here. In fact it hasn't fucking stopped for weeks. When the fuck will it stop raining?

How is that Ark coming along John C?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: May 1, 2016, 04:53:41 pm »
How is that Ark coming along John C?
:) Been raining again today mate. We've had some sunny but cold afternoons for the last 2 weeks though, I've been using leave from work and picked up a bit of a tan being outside.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #667 on: May 2, 2016, 09:01:24 am »
May Bank Holiday: absolutely lashing it down.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: May 2, 2016, 09:12:49 am »
It is blowing a gale here and I'm sitting with my cycling gear on hoping it will die down a bit.

I'm not going out in that, no chance     >:(

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #669 on: May 2, 2016, 09:14:56 am »
May Bank Holiday: absolutely lashing it down.

Not quite as bad in Chorley. Just overcast. Still miserable for a bank holiday Monday though.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: May 2, 2016, 09:21:26 am »
Overcast and windy but at least its dry. I'm in the garage working on the bike, rather be sat in the garden though.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #671 on: May 2, 2016, 11:43:58 am »
Horrible in Halifax, the weather is shit as well

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #672 on: May 2, 2016, 11:45:04 am »
It is blowing a gale here and I'm sitting with my cycling gear on hoping it will die down a bit.

I'm not going out in that, no chance     >:(
Weak....real cyclists.... ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #673 on: May 2, 2016, 11:46:42 am »
Been raining this morning here off the Fylde Coast, bit overcast now.

Dreading weather next couple of weeks as we having an extension built, it's bound to rain a lot.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #674 on: May 2, 2016, 12:19:22 pm »
Manic rain just gone and a minging looking cloud approaching. I predict. Rain. Lots of it.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: May 2, 2016, 12:24:37 pm »
Overcast in Durham. None of that wind Paul's got in Newcastle though.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #676 on: May 3, 2016, 01:29:05 pm »
23 degrees in London on Saturday. Pretty sure it was about 6 at some point last week.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: May 5, 2016, 01:18:56 pm »
Boss outside, isn't it?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: May 5, 2016, 01:55:04 pm »
Boss outside, isn't it?

Long may it continue.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: May 8, 2016, 10:41:20 am »
Not a fan of hot, sunny weather. Love winter/late autumn. I have, usually very mild, rosacea under my eyes & on my nose that tends to flare up when out in the sun. Plus when it gets to around these temperatures I'm a massive sweat ball. Perfect temperatures for me would be around 12-14 degrees with a slight breeze, once it goes past that, I'll find any excuse to stay in and avoid the sun. Bring on the next 4 months.