Author Topic: UEFA Women's Euro 2022 6th - 31st July  (Read 32399 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: UEFA Women's Euro 2022 6th - 31st July
« Reply #1120 on: August 1, 2022, 11:49:59 pm »
Looks like shoulder,need the other angles though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: August 1, 2022, 11:50:35 pm »
Thanks Jason.

It's really difficult to say isn't it? It looks like it was the shoulder rather than the arm or hand, but impossible to say with any finality. It was interesting that no German player appealed for a penalty at the time, not that that is conclusive either.

PS the stills are no help at all, but they rarely are in football. They can be incredibly misleading, as anyone who remembers newspaper captions to footy photos in the 70s and 80s will remember.

Clear footage here https://twitter.com/_Schulli07_/status/1553831722202152960?t=UGxM1DR7Ks9ZxvSlY3ZMBQ&s=19
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: August 1, 2022, 11:51:40 pm »
thanks oojason; its close but I am leaning towards a penalty... interesting that VAR didn't get involved.. similarly interesting that VAR did not get involved in the 2-0 and the match point in the semis which looks to be an offside.. home nation getting goals in the semi and the final... yes, it was meant to come home

Hold on,so you were moaning but hadn't seen it ?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1123 on: August 1, 2022, 11:56:57 pm »
Clear footage here https://twitter.com/_Schulli07_/status/1553831722202152960?t=UGxM1DR7Ks9ZxvSlY3ZMBQ&s=19

Clear that it’s handball? Have to confess, I don’t know the rules anymore! Have they done away with that t shirt rule (or was that only for offside anyway)? Because looks like that hits her on the sleeve so pretty high up the arm.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: August 2, 2022, 12:06:29 am »
It hits her forearm. It's not even debatable  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1125 on: August 2, 2022, 12:14:06 am »
Except it doesn't hit her forearm? It hits her on the captain's armband.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: August 2, 2022, 12:20:05 am »
Would be classed as unintentional anyway wouldn't it ?

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1127 on: August 2, 2022, 12:28:21 am »
Would be classed as unintentional anyway wouldn't it ?

Intent wouldn't come into it if it had hit her on the forearm because she'd have been deemed to have made herself 'unnaturally bigger' with the position of her arm.

The rule is:

Handling the ball

For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit. Not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence.

It is an offence if a player:

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

scores in the opponents’ goal:

directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental

As to what is considered the arm and what isn't:

So really the only question in this instance is whether the captain's armband is low enough on the arm for it to count as handball. There's certainly enough doubt there for VAR not to get involved.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: August 2, 2022, 12:36:33 am »
Intent wouldn't come into it if it had hit her on the forearm because she'd have been deemed to have made herself 'unnaturally bigger' with the position of her arm.

The rule is:

As to what is considered the arm and what isn't:

So really the only question in this instance is whether the captain's armband is low enough on the arm for it to count as handball. There's certainly enough doubt there for VAR not to get involved.

I mean that it looked to me that if it did hit her arm then it was after it hit the top/shoulder.

Not arsed either way though

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: August 2, 2022, 02:06:04 am »
VAR were never going to overrule the on pitch officials for that one.  Even on this forum we're not sure if it hit her shoulder, her forearm, her shoulder then forearm, above/below t-shirt line etc.

I'm surprised there's not a better angle but maybe with so many bodies in the six yard box a lot of the cameras were blocked.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1130 on: August 2, 2022, 09:52:21 am »

It's the same footage as Jason posted actually. It looks like the ball has bounced off the hard bit of the shoulder from that, but it really is difficult to say.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1131 on: August 2, 2022, 10:00:08 am »
It's the same footage as Jason posted actually. It looks like the ball has bounced off the hard bit of the shoulder from that, but it really is difficult to say.

It is top of the arm first at most (tshirt line is rule now), from there it's not easy to say if it's hit the forearm or it's just the camera angle. Even if it has, would it be handball having come off a legal part of the body?

Can see why the VAR didn't give it.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: August 2, 2022, 10:00:46 am »
Thats handball.  She even moves her arm towards the ball. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: August 2, 2022, 11:12:48 pm »
It is top of the arm first at most (tshirt line is rule now), from there it's not easy to say if it's hit the forearm or it's just the camera angle. Even if it has, would it be handball having come off a legal part of the body?

No,it's considered unintentional.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: August 3, 2022, 03:24:11 am »

I don’t care about England, but it looks like it strikes above the armband.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: August 3, 2022, 03:26:40 am »

No,it's considered unintentional.

No such thing now as they can’t measure intent. But:

“ The exceptions are if the ball hits a player's arm directly from the player's own head or body and if a player is falling and their arm is between themselves and the ground for support. There is also room for interpretation as to what makes a player's body 'unnaturally bigger'.

So, if a player has his arms by their side when the ball hits their hand/arm, they may not automatically concede a penalty.”

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: August 3, 2022, 03:28:49 am »

If you block with any legal part of the body, and it hits an illegal part of the body, it may not be a penalty.

That’s where it becomes subjective. If it hit the illegal part first then clear penalty or if the player “clearly” (subjective) leans into the path, then it’s a penalty.

However the new rule includes the ball “travelling  some distance”, so that’s also subjective.  That’s so a referee can rule out a penalty if the player was so close they couldn’t react.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2022, 03:32:22 am by Peabee »

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1137 on: August 3, 2022, 11:02:57 am »
Who wants to be on var to judge this hand ball in a Euro Cup Final?

It used to say it had to be deliberate hand ball for a penalty award. With the introduction of unnatural hand or arm positions and a tee shirt line it’s a real can of worms.

We haven’t had to make a decision in 1 or 2 minutes and it’s still a minefield. The var official does have an assistant which may make things more difficult if he or she is of the opposite view to yourself!

If var are taking longer than 2 minutes to make a decision I’m going to cut them a bit of slack.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: August 3, 2022, 11:24:43 am »
I'm always up for a German penalty awarded against any England side but that looks like shoulder to me.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1139 on: August 3, 2022, 11:27:43 am »
Its a bit like the Thierry Henry one, its just not obvious enough.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1140 on: August 3, 2022, 11:54:19 am »

alternative angle gif:-

original post of video - https://twitter.com/_Schulli07_/status/1553831722202152960

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1141 on: August 4, 2022, 02:11:54 am »

'Women's EURO 2022 ⚽ All Goals' - an 11 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/k3DKOFvKSbw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/k3DKOFvKSbw</a>
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1142 on: September 6, 2022, 08:40:42 pm »
Seems it was all just false excitement, and jumping on bandwagons as usual from the media. Seen nothing at all and only realised they are currently playing when I was flicking through channels just now.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: September 6, 2022, 08:58:08 pm »
Plenty of coverage on the BBC website but they've already thru to the world cup are playing Luxemborg. going up against the champions league.What do ya want?