Author Topic: Burnley Football Club  (Read 45067 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Burnley Football Club
« Reply #440 on: May 5, 2022, 09:41:51 am »
Wouldn’t the parachute payments offset most of that debt? Not that this is the right way to buy into a club, but is he situation that dire?

Basically it's get back up while we have the parachute money or the club is screwed.

It's whether they'd cut back a lot after relegation though to make promotion less likely. Its the clubs who go down in their first season in the PL who tend to go straight back up.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: May 5, 2022, 09:59:41 am »
Wouldn’t the parachute payments offset most of that debt? Not that this is the right way to buy into a club, but is he situation that dire?

The payments are 55% of the PL revenue in yr 1, 45% in yr 2 and 20% in yr 3
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #442 on: May 5, 2022, 10:52:38 am »
Then the club will have paid off the LBO then the owners will be getting loans going forward to pay for palatial mansions and a Gulfstream jet for themselves and make  like the Glazer's do at United.

Reminds me of that episode in The Sopranos when they loan money to a sports shop owner, then the Soprano crew just buy loads of stuff not related to sports to sell on the side while the store foots the tab then soon after goes under.

Seems American owners in Football not FSG do something similar with clubs here.

Chelsea being owned by a Hedge Fund should worry Chelsea fans.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #443 on: May 5, 2022, 04:00:37 pm »
Don't know the details, but doesn't that amount to some 55-60m quid? Hence the highest prize single game in the world is the Championship playoffs for the PL. As Fromola said, it's money to get back up or else, but (I certainly hope) that this is not going to lead to a situation like Bury.

The formation of the PL was the very reason why this is happening. Draw a "richness" line that most teams cannot cross, and if they manage to do it, it will sustain them for a while. This invites the vultures to a meal - buy into a club that can make it and get ready for a payoff, but leverage the buyout with parachute payments so that you don't lose. Vultures indeed.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #444 on: May 5, 2022, 10:32:58 pm »
Don't look at Burnley

They're irrelevant

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #445 on: May 6, 2022, 01:24:43 am »
Don't look at Burnley

They're irrelevant
During Sean Dyche's time I hated Burnley with passion (I'm sure my posting record on that may have indicated as much). I don't mind them now that the rugby coach is out, but that's what's irrelevant for me. A club's existence should not be threatened by financial interests. The sport didn't start with making money in mind, and that's not in the crux of it either. No club should seize to exist for such reasons. You may argue that Bury is irrelevant, but to me it is not irrelevant for the good of the sport.   
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: November 15, 2023, 08:18:35 pm »
How and why is Alien-head still managing? They may be worse than under Sean Dyche.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: November 15, 2023, 08:51:32 pm »
How and why is Alien-head still managing? They may be worse than under Sean Dyche.
I think their squad is worse now (better footballing wise but worse in terms of capability to stay in the Premier League).  When they got relegated they sold or released Nick Pope, Nathan Collins, James Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Ashley Westwood, Dwight McNeil, Maxwel Cornet and Wout Weghorst.  That was on top of Newcastle sabotaging their chances of staying up by signing Chris Wood in January and a couple of stingy transfer windows under their vulture capitalists.

Kompany brought in younger players that were a step above most in the Championship but not really Premier League quality.  They repeated that trick in the summer and now have a very young squad with little Premier League experience, peppered with a few journeymen like Nathan Redmond.

They've also been unfortunate that one of their few players that showed any aptitude in the Premier League - Lyle Foster - seems to be having a really rough time off the pitch.

To be below Luton and Sheffield United is some anti-achievement though!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #449 on: November 15, 2023, 10:20:39 pm »
They're not even competing because Kompany's trying to get them to play like Man City in the Premier League with Championship level players. At least Luton are making themselves difficult to beat, with a weaker squad.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: November 15, 2023, 10:21:21 pm »
They are shit.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #451 on: February 17, 2024, 10:49:20 pm »
Trafford just isn't very good in net.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #452 on: February 17, 2024, 11:01:11 pm »
Trafford just isn't very good in net.

Another Man City youth prospect thrown in goal for a smaller Premier League side. See also Bazunu last year. Think it's a bit mad how he plays for Ireland over Kelleher but international football is a strange game.

You can fit Lavia in with those too actually. Never played a minute of men's football, signed for 15 million, failed with Southampton by all relevant metrics and then sold for four times the price. Bizarre sport.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #453 on: February 18, 2024, 08:16:55 pm »
Kompany is a shhh house. Rolling over for his mate pep. Going all out against us then rolling over for his other mate Lego head. To think he was also blaming Klopp for another yellow. Typical Man City shhh bag. Bye Wools.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: February 18, 2024, 08:32:42 pm »
Burnley is another turd that needs flushing for good.  A short trip down the road but you would think you had travelled thousands of miles and gone back in time.  Dreadful place.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: February 18, 2024, 08:55:38 pm »
We were talking about the club, but Andy's gone for the whole dang town! :D

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: February 18, 2024, 09:04:37 pm »
We were talking about the club, but Andy's gone for the whole dang town! :D
He's not wrong though. Makes The Hills Have Eyes look cosmopolitan

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: February 20, 2024, 04:57:35 pm »
Kompany is a shhh house. Rolling over for his mate pep. Going all out against us then rolling over for his other mate Lego head. To think he was also blaming Klopp for another yellow. Typical Man City shhh bag. Bye Wools.
They're just shite.  There's no rolling over against City and Arsenal, they are just shite.  We had the same score agaisnt them as City did.

Did i mention they were just shite?  :shite: