The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

COVID19: reddebs's Random Acts Of Kindness & Global Good News Care Stories (*)

<< < (2/40) > >>

24/7:

--- Quote from: red_lfc_costello on March 16, 2020, 04:08:36 pm ---wasn't a shot at you by any means,

--- End quote ---
Not taken as such :wave

12C:
Seems like the manager of Iceland Old Swan has kick started his company into opening up just for elderly folk as a National thing.
Old people get first dibs for the first 2 hrs of trading.
Listening to him, he said it is because the regular old folk pop in on a daily basis for bread and milk etc. And don’t do a weekly shop so it’s to help them

24/7:
Ooof :D :wellin :thumbup

(btw - sauce? would be nice to keep these stories for posterity)

reddebs:
As offered in the other thread if anyone needs me to check in on or do errands for their loved ones in my area I'm more than happy to do so.

I'm in the Wath-Upon-Dearne area of south Yorkshire so anywhere in the Barnsley, Rotherham, north Sheffield or west of Doncaster area.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

soxfan:
LVMH, maker of Louis Vuitton, is opening its facilities to create more free hand sanitizers.
By Jacqueline Laurean Yates
March 16, 2020, 12:19 PM

The outbreak of the novel coronavirus, officially named COVID-19, has resulted in a global crisis, and while many companies have been forced to close, others are finding ways to help the cause through their resources.

On Sunday, the French luxury goods conglomerate LVMH, parent company to brands such as Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Christian Dior, and more, released a statement announcing that the company is now preparing production sites to manufacture substantial quantities of hydroalcoholic gel to be provided to public authorities given the risk of shortage.

The statement also mentioned that these gels will also be delivered free of charge to French health authorities.

"Through this initiative, LVMH intends to help address the risk of lack of product in France and enable a greater number of people to continue to take the right action protect themselves from the spread of the virus," the statement reads. "LVMH will continue to honour this commitment for as long as necessary, in connection with the French health authorities."

France, like many other places around the world, has closed non-essential retail stores and public encouraged social distancing during this ongoing outbreak.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Style/lvmh-maker-louis-vuitton-switches-making-hand-sanitizer/story?id=69619925&cid=clicksource_4380645_10_heads_posts_card_related

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version