Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3113424 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #32480 on: June 23, 2022, 08:48:16 pm »
Assume you were involved in the discussion with Porto?

Does this makes sense to you?

The mirror (i know, I know,) saying that we had a deal in place with Viera but pulled out once Arsenal enquired.

Also the Mirror ...

As reported by the Sunday Mirror earlier this month, the Reds were granted first refusal by the Portuguese giants during their negotiations for the signing of Colombian winger Luis Diaz. Liverpool welcomed the forward to Anfield in January, with Vieira potentially set to follow him to Merseyside.

Diaz was an instant success after penning his Liverpool contract, enjoying a bright start to life at Anfield as Jurgen Klopp ’s men went close to completing what would have been an unprecedented quadruple - only to be edged out in the fight for the Premier League and Champions League titles.

However, it appears that the Reds have passed up the option of signing Diaz’s former teammate Vieira, with Arsenal closing in on his signature. The signing will certainly be an exciting one for the Gunners after Vieira played a key role in Porto’s title success.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-arsenal-fabio-vieira-transfer-27255900

Someone has just miss-read an article. Nothing important ...

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32481 on: June 23, 2022, 08:49:07 pm »

Also the Mirror ...
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-arsenal-fabio-vieira-transfer-27255900

Don't be sanctimonious fella

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #32482 on: June 23, 2022, 08:57:05 pm »
I think you mean patronising.

*smug*
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32483 on: June 23, 2022, 08:58:02 pm »

Nope, I have just pointed out to the correct source. There is no need to start a ridiculous discussion about Arsenal beating us to a signing. We have enough moaning in this thread ...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32484 on: June 23, 2022, 09:08:47 pm »

*smug*

:lmao
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32485 on: June 23, 2022, 09:12:51 pm »

*smug*
He was both if we're honest

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32486 on: June 23, 2022, 09:15:13 pm »
Both Jones and Elliott have spent their entire youth careers playing as inverted wide forwards ...
Yea Elliott Skill is a much more of creative winger/10 type(he Never played as controller 8 for Klopp, always in the Advanced creative one). Jones has been molder much more into a controller type 8 with his ability play under pressure, dribbling, passing, etc. Gundogan used be a wide player when he Younger and even at Dortmund he became the 8 for them. Jones likely Profiles in that mold much more considering he lead the MF in pass competition last season, carrying, passing. Yes he can play more forward but he more Thiago role then the other role.
I dont think Jude profiles that 8 for Klopp at the start, that not a player you want to be behind the ball protecting the counter, Jones does that well.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #32487 on: June 23, 2022, 09:24:46 pm »
He was both if we're honest
He was also correct, in this instance.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 09:26:25 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32488 on: June 23, 2022, 09:56:52 pm »
when are we announcing Barella?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32489 on: June 23, 2022, 09:59:45 pm »

After the World Cup ...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #32490 on: June 23, 2022, 10:00:06 pm »
I'd prefer Barberella
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32491 on: June 23, 2022, 10:32:17 pm »
I'd prefer Barberella

Which one are you fonda of?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32492 on: June 23, 2022, 10:33:24 pm »
Yea Elliott Skill is a much more of creative winger/10 type(he Never played as controller 8 for Klopp, always in the Advanced creative one). Jones has been molder much more into a controller type 8 with his ability play under pressure, dribbling, passing, etc. Gundogan used be a wide player when he Younger and even at Dortmund he became the 8 for them. Jones likely Profiles in that mold much more considering he lead the MF in pass competition last season, carrying, passing. Yes he can play more forward but he more Thiago role then the other role.
I dont think Jude profiles that 8 for Klopp at the start, that not a player you want to be behind the ball protecting the counter, Jones does that well.

We need to sign him. Is he a friend of Max Power?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32493 on: June 23, 2022, 10:43:51 pm »
Usual stuff going on, I see. Capon’s binned it off so there’s nobody to call for review if people get posts deleted and/or warnings. So, you know, Peter - ask yourself if you need to be antagonising people, and everyone else, ask yourself if you could use the ignore button.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #32494 on: June 23, 2022, 10:44:51 pm »
Fabio Vieira reminds me of a poor man’s Ozil. He looks like a player who could be a brilliant impact sub but won’t be able to affect games regularly across 90 minute contests.

Oddly he may have suited someone like City better to come on and assist with unlocking stubborn low blocks in 30-minute cameos. He only played 1300 minutes in the league last season, where Porto didn’t seem to feel he could fit into their preferred style particularly well (a 4-4-2 mostly). The fact he got 11 assists in so few minutes reflects perhaps Arsenal’s intent - a player who can come off the bench and already have sussed another side out and able to create chances and goals off the back of that.

He’s a 10 though and Arsenal have Smith-Rowe and Odegaard so I’m just a touch unsure what the idea is with him. £34.5m is a lot for someone I’m speculating they’ve signed as a modular addition, a super sub effectively. Whereas we might’ve employed him as a 10, or even a false nine (which I doubt he could’ve down effectively) he seems a classic Arsenal signing in adding strength to an already strong area and neglecting actual needs.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32495 on: June 23, 2022, 10:52:45 pm »
Maguire went for £80m. English tax.
That’s quite a high bail payment
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32496 on: June 23, 2022, 11:28:13 pm »
Usual stuff going on, I see. Capon’s binned it off so there’s nobody to call for review if people get posts deleted and/or warnings. So, you know, Peter - ask yourself if you need to be antagonising people, and everyone else, ask yourself if you could use the ignore button.

Capon's left?!

I was only just coming to terms with Mane leaving ffs!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32497 on: June 23, 2022, 11:59:40 pm »
Well, the report you've read is not true ...

I’ll believe that over you thanks.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32498 on: June 24, 2022, 12:01:58 am »

Also the Mirror ...
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-arsenal-fabio-vieira-transfer-272

Get off your high horse, no wonder people slag you off all the time, you come across as a right pretentious prick at times.

The article I read clearly stated that we had a deal agreed.

‘Fabio Vieira - Liverpool have passed up the opportunity to sign Porto's Fabio Vieira having previously reached an agreement over the midfielder, with Arsenal set to sign the Portuguese player (Daily Mirror, June 17).’

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12599319/liverpool-transfer-news-and-rumours-summer-transfer-window-2022
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 12:04:19 am by J-Mc- »

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #32499 on: June 24, 2022, 12:26:31 am »
Get off your high horse, no wonder people slag you off all the time, you come across as a right pretentious prick at times.

The article I read clearly stated that we had a deal agreed.

‘Fabio Vieira - Liverpool have passed up the opportunity to sign Porto's Fabio Vieira having previously reached an agreement over the midfielder, with Arsenal set to sign the Portuguese player (Daily Mirror, June 17).’

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12599319/liverpool-transfer-news-and-rumours-summer-transfer-window-2022
You said:
The mirror (i know, I know,) saying that we had a deal in place with Viera but pulled out once Arsenal enquired.

which at best was a bad choice of words, as it implies that we held up our hands and backed out once we realised we had no chance now that the mighty Arsenal had got involved.

Which unless you have another trustworthy source which does allege that interpretation, means your post was factually incorrect.

In reality what most likely happened is that we had first dibs on the player as far as his club were concerned (but no suggestion of any agreement with the player) and we decided not to pursue that option, for whatever reason of our own.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32500 on: June 24, 2022, 12:31:24 am »
Having previously reached an agreement implies that we had an agreement and have pulled out for whatever reason. You can google it yourself, there’s enough out there that suggests we pulled out once Arsenal went in for him.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32501 on: June 24, 2022, 12:33:54 am »
None of the top tier journos reported we agreed a deal for Vieira.  A Portuguese outlet reported a while ago we had agreed a first option deal on him. 

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #32502 on: June 24, 2022, 12:45:05 am »
Having previously reached an agreement implies that we had an agreement and have pulled out for whatever reason. You can google it yourself, there’s enough out there that suggests we pulled out once Arsenal went in for him.

In this case, the previous agreement likely refers to our first option, which we decided not to make use of. I don't think that's the same as backing out of a deal because of Arsenal. We likely wanted to monitor him for a while longer and unlike Spurs forcing our hand with Díaz, we hadn't seen enough in Vieira to warrant bringing him in right now, so we passed up on it.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #32503 on: June 24, 2022, 12:53:48 am »
The fish are hungry today!

“Give a man a fish, and he will be fed for a meal. Give a man a typo in a transfer fee on RAWK, and he will be fed for eternity.”

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32504 on: June 24, 2022, 01:29:17 am »
Nope, I have just pointed out to the correct source. There is no need to start a ridiculous discussion about Arsenal beating us to a signing. We have enough moaning in this thread ...

I haven't noticed much moaning in this thread to be honest.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #32505 on: June 24, 2022, 01:38:28 am »
Lol ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #32506 on: June 24, 2022, 07:33:04 am »
“Give a man a fish, and he will be fed for a meal. Give a man a typo in a transfer fee on RAWK, and he will be fed for eternity.”

Matthew, Mark, Luke or John?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32507 on: June 24, 2022, 07:58:24 am »
Matthew, Mark, Luke or John?

Peter was the fisher of men.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #32508 on: June 24, 2022, 08:12:28 am »
If we really wanted Vieira, there’s no way we wouldn’t have competed with Arsenal for him. We were happy to challenge Spurs on Diaz and Utd on Núñez. Arsenal are not bigger than those sides.

If there’s any truth in it I would sway towards ‘we chose to relinquish our first option.’ Which would be the right call. He’s a bit of a curate’s egg, massively effective in short spells but never been trusted as a starter and barely more than 50 senior apps to his name at 22.

Vitinha looks more of a prospect to me, at the same age. Didn’t think much to him based on his loan at Wolves but he’s flourished since.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32509 on: June 24, 2022, 08:35:37 am »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32510 on: June 24, 2022, 09:07:46 am »

;D ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #32511 on: June 24, 2022, 09:16:04 am »

I think what they probably mean is that we had this first refusal 'agreement' with Porto (which we agreed when we signed Luis) and thus passed up the opportunity to sign him, and 'let' him go to Arsenal.

Piss taking aside, there's no reason we'd actually back out of signing a player we wanted to sign because Arsenal got involved. That'd be like Mike Tyson backing out of a fight because Alan Titchmarsh got involved.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32512 on: June 24, 2022, 09:24:29 am »
Capon's left?!

I was only just coming to terms with Mane leaving ffs!

He's off to that twitter I think mate... at least for a bit. The bickering did his head in. And that's just Mane.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32513 on: June 24, 2022, 09:29:23 am »
Maguire went for £80m. English tax.

The point of the Olise story is that he'll have a higher buy-out fee than the initial one, which seems to undervalue him. If Palace set it too high, they'll have another Zaha situation (good but no one will spend the money required to sign him), or he won't sign the deal because he'll see no way out of Palace, and will stick on the lower wages for the time being knowing another good season gets him a bumper deal.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32514 on: June 24, 2022, 09:30:49 am »
He's off to that twitter I think mate... at least for a bit. The bickering did his head in. And that's just Mane.

Twitter of course being famously known as a place where everyone gets along.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32515 on: June 24, 2022, 10:07:04 am »
That's a shame. Good bloke. Hope he returns smartish.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32516 on: June 24, 2022, 10:15:50 am »
Twitter of course being famously known as a place where everyone gets along.

Twitter. That place between your twat and your shitter.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32517 on: June 24, 2022, 10:18:35 am »

Fucking hell, it must have got bad if he prefers twatter  :o  He'll be back once the loons on there wreck his head.

We need him back for his #sausages stuff, I miss the lunacy and the belly busting laughs
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #32518 on: June 24, 2022, 11:19:14 am »
With there seemingly no more incomings roll on pre-season. Outs is never as interesting as players coming in.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32519 on: June 24, 2022, 11:52:34 am »
Fucking hell, it must have got bad if he prefers twatter  :o  He'll be back once the loons on there wreck his head.

We need him back for his #sausages stuff, I miss the lunacy and the belly busting laughs

He'll never be happier in his life than he will be on twitter. It will be the best day(s) of his life.