Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3113256 times)

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #32320 on: June 23, 2022, 09:14:21 am »
I'm sure Raheem would love being back here.

If he came back, it'd send me to a place called Vertigo

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #32321 on: June 23, 2022, 09:25:09 am »
I wouldn't replace the binman with Sterling, given he is a massive bellend and he would want VVD/Alisson wages
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32322 on: June 23, 2022, 09:25:32 am »
I would have Sterling back for sure.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #32323 on: June 23, 2022, 09:29:19 am »
I'd happily take the player but not the man

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #32324 on: June 23, 2022, 09:29:26 am »
I would have Sterling back for sure.

It's all moot as he's not coming and there hasn't been the slightest credible link to suggest otherwise ;D

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32325 on: June 23, 2022, 09:33:03 am »
Who’s going to ride his wild horses back in Cork if we loan him out?

That'd be a sort of homecoming.

(What a gif. Marvellous. :wellin )
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32326 on: June 23, 2022, 09:38:00 am »
It's all moot as he's not coming and there hasn't been the slightest credible link to suggest otherwise ;D

No, I don't think he will.

He hasn't a agent and is clearly talking to clubs himself which means he is looking to move this season rather than go on a free next.

Offline BigRedFeetBed

• Main Stander
« Reply #32327 on: June 23, 2022, 10:04:50 am »
Based on this threads last few pages, it's only a matter of time before some 'reliable' source confirms us as having sent scouts to look at signing Joshua Tree!

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32328 on: June 23, 2022, 10:05:30 am »
No, I don't think he will.

He hasn't a agent and is clearly talking to clubs himself which means he is looking to move this season rather than go on a free next.
Apparently, we rejected him :). Wouldn't touch that mercenary with a barge pole.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/uk-premier-league/2022/06/raheem-sterling-chelsea-transfer-target-wanted-liverpool-return

The source is a bit hit-and-miss but exclusives are more likely to be true.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:09:03 am by MonsLibpool »

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32329 on: June 23, 2022, 10:08:03 am »
Two loan moves completed:

Liverpool defender Billy Koumetio has completed a loan move to Austria Vienna, subject to international clearance.

Adam Lewis has joined Newport County on a season-long loan.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #32330 on: June 23, 2022, 10:09:23 am »
Two loan moves completed:

Liverpool defender Billy Koumetio has completed a loan move to Austria Vienna, subject to international clearance.

Adam Lewis has joined Newport County on a season-long loan.

I  think that might be the last we see of Koumetio, seems decent but makes to many mistakes

Lewis, no idea, kinda get the impression he's in the shop window though

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32331 on: June 23, 2022, 10:16:15 am »
Nkunku signed a new deal with a €60m release clause

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32332 on: June 23, 2022, 10:17:09 am »
I  think that might be the last we see of Koumetio, seems decent but makes to many mistakes

Lewis, no idea, kinda get the impression he's in the shop window though

Yeah, I agree about Koumetio. He had a golden chance but blow it by making too many mistakes and seeming like he needed to much coaching.

Williams, Phillips quickly over took him and I would say now Jarell Quansah is well ahead of him also.

Lewis needs a really good season at Newport or his days could be numbered also.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32333 on: June 23, 2022, 10:19:04 am »
Nkunku signed a new deal with a €60m release clause
Let's go for him next season. He's the real deal.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32334 on: June 23, 2022, 10:19:23 am »
Apparently, we rejected him :). Wouldn't touch that mercenary with a barge pole.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/uk-premier-league/2022/06/raheem-sterling-chelsea-transfer-target-wanted-liverpool-return

The source is a bit hit-and-miss but exclusives are more likely to be true.

It would be true. His best chance for silverware in England so his agent would’ve at least sounded us out.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32335 on: June 23, 2022, 10:22:19 am »
It would be true. His best chance for silverware in England so his agent would’ve at least sounded us out.
Yeah. Madrid aren't in for him despite his unauthorized interview
(City phased him out after that) and Barcelona passed on him. He doesn't have many options really. That's why you don't burn bridges.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #32336 on: June 23, 2022, 10:25:32 am »

Such a weird name for a football club ;D Like being called FC England London or FC Scotland Edinburgh.

Sounds like something from Pro Evo.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #32337 on: June 23, 2022, 10:27:05 am »
I’ll never really get this … I get being pissed off with how his agent behaved but he left for a better team and to earn double the money he got here.
Plenty of our players have done similar but few seem to get the level of condemnation he does

I agree with this. Everything Sterling done in his career since suggests he was worth the 100k p/w he was asking at the time.

I was angry at how his agent acted and how Sterling has acted in odd isolated incidents since (Gomez affair) but he wasn’t necessarily being greedy with the contract negotiations. He knew his worth, ended up getting paid that  and justified it subsequently. For him, he also joined a more stable club and one that had more chance of success (pre-Klopp).

I wouldn’t have Sterling back. Nothing to do with personality or ability. Just not sure he makes sense in terms of age and wage demands. Similar situation to Mane though a year or 2 younger.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #32338 on: June 23, 2022, 10:37:30 am »
I was angry at how his agent acted and how Sterling has acted in odd isolated incidents since (Gomez affair) but he wasn’t necessarily being greedy with the contract negotiations. He knew his worth, ended up getting paid that  and justified it subsequently. For him, he also joined a more stable club and one that had more chance of success (pre-Klopp).
State-owned clubs overpay for talent, it's weird that you use his wage at City as justification. Hopefully, he'll win as many CL titles as Fernandinho.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32339 on: June 23, 2022, 10:42:10 am »
Let's go for him next season. He's the real deal.

We don't need him anymore. Diaz and Nunez can both play from the left and Jota is probably more comfortable that side.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #32340 on: June 23, 2022, 10:44:33 am »
We don't need him anymore. Diaz and Nunez can both play from the left and Jota is probably more comfortable that side.

Nkunku can play in any attacking position including from the right. With Salah and potentially Firmino leaving he would be the ideal replacement.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:50:12 am by spider-neil »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32341 on: June 23, 2022, 10:45:35 am »
He can play on the right.

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32342 on: June 23, 2022, 10:47:56 am »

Potentially losing another 2 attackers next season!

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32343 on: June 23, 2022, 10:48:15 am »

He doesn't have an agent.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #32344 on: June 23, 2022, 10:49:42 am »
Bellingham/Nkunku 2023 - Make Liverpool Greater Than We Already Are Again
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32345 on: June 23, 2022, 10:51:20 am »

May need another record-breaking league and cup run to pay for it.

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #32346 on: June 23, 2022, 10:54:48 am »
Such a weird name for a football club ;D Like being called FC England London or FC Scotland Edinburgh.

Sounds like something from Pro Evo.

Like in PES2 when we were Europort playing at the Trad Brick Stadium. Good Times
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32347 on: June 23, 2022, 10:58:51 am »
Fantasy pick but I would just absolutely love to see Camavinga in this Liverpool side when Klopp is in charge. That would be an absolutely stunning midfield.
There is a group of supporters mostly on reddit and other platforms who believe that Liverpool's data analytics based recruiting has a blind spot and cannot spot midfielders as good as the other positions. Edwards never signed a centre midfielder apart from Fabinho(who is mostly a destroyer) who is on par with the rest of the signings which were more unknowns who turned up great.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:01:06 am by Carra-ton »
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32348 on: June 23, 2022, 10:58:59 am »

Of course I don't think we are getting Bellingham because of the likely competition but I do think we will go big on a midfielder and attacker next summer. We will still have Fabinho in his prime, a new midfielder who you would expect would start plus likely the likes of Jones, Elliott, Keita all young and in the case of Keita, still in their prime. In that situation we could 'carry' two older players like Thiago and Henderson.

I don't think we are going big on two midfielders though and I certainly wouldn't want us to if it meant no new attacker.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32349 on: June 23, 2022, 11:11:42 am »
It does illustrate the whole 'generational talent' thing being a red herring in our context all this, doesn't it?

Bellinghams and Nkunkus are great, but the key is fit within the context really (for me anyway - Sancho's the ultimate illustration of it).
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32350 on: June 23, 2022, 11:28:38 am »
Of course I don't think we are getting Bellingham because of the likely competition but I do think we will go big on a midfielder and attacker next summer. We will still have Fabinho in his prime, a new midfielder who you would expect would start plus likely the likes of Jones, Elliott, Keita all young and in the case of Keita, still in their prime. In that situation we could 'carry' two older players like Thiago and Henderson.

I don't think we are going big on two midfielders though and I certainly wouldn't want us to if it meant no new attacker.
I think there's more chance of Bellingham coming to us than anywhere else
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #32351 on: June 23, 2022, 11:30:32 am »
Obviously there won't be a transfer fee paid for Sterling this summer, that goes without saying. However, if the worst-case scenario unfolds that Salah goes and you have both Sterling and Gnabry potentially available on frees next summer, both would be good deals HG at either the club or in England to fill voids in the squad.
Linudden.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32352 on: June 23, 2022, 11:36:45 am »
Obviously there won't be a transfer fee paid for Sterling this summer, that goes without saying. However, if the worst-case scenario unfolds that Salah goes and you have both Sterling and Gnabry potentially available on frees next summer, both would be good deals HG at either the club or in England to fill voids in the squad.

Yep, Gnabry would be great but again the big thing is the wages. I know Van Dijk probably gets a lot of bonuses, but he is on somewhere between £220-250k basic a week. So any player really needs to be coming in on that sort of wage frame really at most.

Gnabry and Barella would be my first choice options for next summer, although unless we have been told no, Barella could be obtainable this summer.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32353 on: June 23, 2022, 11:37:54 am »
I think there's more chance of Bellingham coming to us than anywhere else

Not sure, Madrid and City are interested apparently.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32354 on: June 23, 2022, 11:38:54 am »
Fantasy pick but I would just absolutely love to see Camavinga in this Liverpool side when Klopp is in charge. That would be an absolutely stunning midfield.
There is a group of supporters mostly on reddit and other platforms who believe that Liverpool's data analytics based recruiting has a blind spot and cannot spot midfielders as good as the other positions. Edwards never signed a centre midfielder apart from Fabinho(who is mostly a destroyer) who is on par with the rest of the signings which were more unknowns who turned up great.

I don't agree at that at all. For one, we were apparently interested in Camavinga. But we have to acknowledge that he went to Madrid and if there are options as attractive or more so than us, then that is Madrid and City.

Also we signed Thiago, who is possibly the best midfielder in Europe.

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32355 on: June 23, 2022, 11:40:47 am »
I'm guilty of it myself but where do us Liverpool fans get the confidence Bellingham would choose us over other teams?

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32356 on: June 23, 2022, 11:44:21 am »
It does illustrate the whole 'generational talent' thing being a red herring in our context all this, doesn't it?

Bellinghams and Nkunkus are great, but the key is fit within the context really (for me anyway - Sancho's the ultimate illustration of it).

It's the fit rather than the player. Can Sancho be used as a fair example? Manu has been shambolic the entire time he has been there.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32357 on: June 23, 2022, 11:45:35 am »
I'm guilty of it myself but where do us Liverpool fans get the confidence Bellingham would choose us over other teams?

We are one of the most attractive clubs in world football so from that point of view, I have no doubt any player would be interested in joining us.

The thing with Bellingham is a lot of fans have it in their heads that he is coming to us but have to acknowledge that for him to do that he has to accept lower terms than he would get elsewhere. I think he would do that unless City and Madrid come in for him, because they are two clubs that are as attractive as us and pay more.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32358 on: June 23, 2022, 11:46:41 am »

That Liverpool is waiting a year for the player. Surely, we would have gathered information as to his preference.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32359 on: June 23, 2022, 11:49:29 am »
That Liverpool is waiting a year for the player. Surely, we would have gathered information as to his preference.

There is concrete to suggest we are waiting for him. Some journalists have said we like the player and people have convinced themselves thats why we are not signing anyone else.