Author Topic: Gini Wijnaldum  (Read 59028 times)

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Gini Wijnaldum
« Reply #560 on: June 4, 2022, 01:01:12 am »
He'll go back to Newcastle. It's about right for him and his wages and the PR about his career going full circle

You could be right, would probably get him back in the Dutch squad as well.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #561 on: June 4, 2022, 07:34:08 am »
Gini been dropped from the National team due to a lack of playing time. It's been a disaster for him at PSG, hopefully he leaves and plays somewhere they will appreciate him.

He's on 300k a week. Newcastle aren't throwing silly money around. Not yet anyway. And for a player who'll turn 32 in November and has just had two awful seasons.

It'll be a big kick up the arse for Gini though, he'll want to play at the World Cup.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #562 on: June 12, 2022, 09:38:46 am »
He's turned into an instagram influencer. Embarrassing content at times 😂

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: June 12, 2022, 12:52:39 pm »
Much like Coutinho just shows the grass isn't always greener but the money is.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #564 on: June 19, 2022, 12:27:53 pm »
Oh dear  :duh

Get French Football News
@GFFN
🏆 | Ligue 1 Flop Signing of the Year - Georginio Wijnaldum (PSG)

We've combined votes from you the fans with our experts' views to pick winners in 16 categories for the 2021/22 campaign.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #565 on: June 19, 2022, 01:26:19 pm »
As I've mentioned before I have no problem with Gini leaving, nor with anything he 'said'. But it is always fun to see that leaving Liverpool can be a career bruiser.

Current players take note. You might not get elsewhere what you get here
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #566 on: June 21, 2022, 11:55:04 am »
....and ironically still probably better than if he'd moved to Barca.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #567 on: June 24, 2022, 09:39:20 pm »
Oh dear  :duh

Get French Football News
@GFFN
🏆 | Ligue 1 Flop Signing of the Year - Georginio Wijnaldum (PSG)

We've combined votes from you the fans with our experts' views to pick winners in 16 categories for the 2021/22 campaign.

I hope the vote wasn't done somewhere on social media or he'll probably start again whining about mean people on there...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #568 on: June 25, 2022, 12:04:52 am »
I hope the vote wasn't done somewhere on social media or he'll probably start again whining about mean people on there...
And he'd be correct to. They're absolute dickhead gobshites in large part
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #569 on: June 25, 2022, 12:05:59 am »
Seems like Everton might want him.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #570 on: June 25, 2022, 01:32:25 am »

Maybe he should be looking for a club in North Korea then...

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #571 on: June 25, 2022, 01:33:35 am »
Maybe he should be looking for a club in North Korea then...
:lmao

Yeah that's right, mate. Lol

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #572 on: June 25, 2022, 10:58:27 am »
Seems like Everton might want him.

He'll be happy there, Evertonians are the most fair-minded and non-judgemental of all online footy fans...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: June 25, 2022, 03:24:48 pm »

You're not wrong.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: July 13, 2022, 11:51:21 am »
Georginio Wijnaldum one of nine PSG flops left out of pre-season squad as exit nears

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/georginio-wijnaldum-psg-squad-transfer-27465938

would take him back... but probably will go to Newcastle..

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #575 on: July 13, 2022, 12:19:45 pm »
As would I however I’m not sure Klopp would be interested

I too feel like Newcastle seems most likely

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: July 14, 2022, 09:03:32 am »
Georginio Wijnaldum one of nine PSG flops left out of pre-season squad as exit nears

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/georginio-wijnaldum-psg-squad-transfer-27465938

would take him back... but probably will go to Newcastle..

Really worked out for him there.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: July 14, 2022, 09:18:26 am »
Shocking move if his desire was to carry on at a high level, but fucking brilliant transfer for someone who feels he's won the lot and fancies a cushy retirement tour.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: July 14, 2022, 12:56:12 pm »
Off the back of two awful seasons and 32 in a few months you'd question anyone throwing another 3 year deal at him.

I'd have him back on a season loan though with a point to prove and to fill a gap left by his departure.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: July 14, 2022, 01:06:43 pm »
No thanks. I feel he only has a place for us in the big games or when we have a lead to protect. Too negative otherwise.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #580 on: July 14, 2022, 01:14:52 pm »
Off the back of two awful seasons and 32 in a few months you'd question anyone throwing another 3 year deal at him.

I'd have him back on a season loan though with a point to prove and to fill a gap left by his departure.

Heart says yes, but my head says we've moved on - Thiago has effectively taken his role in the side, and Keita is much more readily available to complete our quartet of senior midfielders. I'd actually be inclined to view it as a quintet, including Jones, and I'd ultimately rather us be using Jones and continuing to develop him rather than using Wijnaldum.

If, say, Milner had left us this summer, I might have felt differently, but I just don't feel there'd be a place for Gini now.

...which is sort of a shame in some ways. I don't hold his choosing to leave against him like many seem to do so, and it's a shame that such a key player to our development & success under Klopp has seemed to be forgotten & devalued so quickly.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: July 14, 2022, 01:17:16 pm »
....and ironically still probably better than if he'd moved to Barca.

Barca could not afford him - so money was not there, His Liverpool offer was probably on par with what Barca were offering

I think Footballing wise he would have had a better season at Barca - they play with 3 midfielders most games - so he would play more games and CL matches. Which is what it was about for van Gaal & Dutch team

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: July 14, 2022, 01:23:45 pm »
Bit of revisionism to say Gini was awful in his final season. Along with the whole squad, he may not have hit the highs of the previous 2 seasons, but his performances were pretty much in line with his teammates.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: July 14, 2022, 03:02:02 pm »
Heart says yes, but my head says we've moved on - Thiago has effectively taken his role in the side, and Keita is much more readily available to complete our quartet of senior midfielders. I'd actually be inclined to view it as a quintet, including Jones, and I'd ultimately rather us be using Jones and continuing to develop him rather than using Wijnaldum.

If, say, Milner had left us this summer, I might have felt differently, but I just don't feel there'd be a place for Gini now.

...which is sort of a shame in some ways. I don't hold his choosing to leave against him like many seem to do so, and it's a shame that such a key player to our development & success under Klopp has seemed to be forgotten & devalued so quickly.

I know injuries a big factor but he was an ever present in his last season here and would have still started regularly last season given the injuries (before new year) and the amount of games overall.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #584 on: July 14, 2022, 04:51:23 pm »
I know injuries a big factor but he was an ever present in his last season here and would have still started regularly last season given the injuries (before new year) and the amount of games overall.

Not necessarily disputing that...including last season as important context to any hypothetical loan deal though, he wouldn't for me - as a returner - be a pick ahead of the three that I've mentioned.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: July 15, 2022, 11:16:35 am »
Bit of revisionism to say Gini was awful in his final season. Along with the whole squad, he may not have hit the highs of the previous 2 seasons, but his performances were pretty much in line with his teammates.

He wasn't awful no, but he wasn't good at all. His performances weren't in line with other senior players who played a lot of football that season (Mo, Sadio, Trent, Robbo, Alisson)

And away from the obvious Fromola agenda, which is trying desperately to make the point that we 'never replaced him' (we did), he wouldn't get anywhere near the first team now. He just wouldn't, his level has dropped further and all he'd do would get in the way of players like Harvey, Curtis and Fabio who frankly are probably already better players than he is now.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: July 15, 2022, 11:30:54 am »
Milner made 40 appearances last season, he would play. He wouldn't be first choice but he probably wasn't in his last season here but Thiago got injured so he played every game.

Not saying i'd want him back necessarily, but just that if he came in on loan for the season it'd boost the squad, particularly with 5 subs and a hectic schedule.

The downside is he'd get in the way of younger players getting minutes. Like Milner though he's someone you'd want to bring on to help see a game out and what we missed last season was his durability. We've got a lot of injury prone midfielders, Wijnaldum would always be available to play.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #587 on: July 15, 2022, 11:32:46 am »
Do we need two Milners in the squad though? Esp on the likely big wages he'd be on.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: July 15, 2022, 12:44:20 pm »
I do love the obsession in football of bringing players back once they leave.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: July 15, 2022, 01:15:01 pm »

We did get Steve Staunton back.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #590 on: July 15, 2022, 01:28:01 pm »

That's not the first name that springs to mind.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #591 on: July 15, 2022, 01:47:43 pm »

Also, Jay Spearing.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #592 on: July 15, 2022, 10:03:14 pm »
Left out of PSG’s squad for their tour of Japan. Looks to be on the move.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #593 on: July 16, 2022, 01:57:53 pm »

This, there is absolutely no way anyone would be advocating signing a 31 year old coming off a dreadful season if he'd never played for us.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #594 on: August 4, 2022, 07:25:27 pm »
Arrived at Roma

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: August 4, 2022, 08:21:40 pm »
Arrived at Roma

Gone from this

to this

to this

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: August 4, 2022, 08:31:18 pm »
Went to a badly run club for the money. Oh well. There is no way PSG couldn't have used a player of his quality. I expect Mourinho to not be so stupid.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: August 4, 2022, 08:34:41 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #598 on: August 4, 2022, 10:43:35 pm »
I hope they, in Italy, can see some of the best of Gini.  It would be really sad if his career just fizzled out from here.
dios esta buena

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #599 on: August 5, 2022, 08:10:47 am »
Think it's a really good move for him.  Mourinho will love his tactical discipline.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.