Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - THE OLD (CRAP) THREAD THAT'S GOING IN THE BIN  (Read 146836 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - ARRIVEDERCI LAROUCI
« Reply #600 on: July 29, 2021, 10:43:31 pm »
I’d take a Smicer in the squad

'All the way from Mateusz Musialowski!' Has a nice ring to it :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #601 on: July 29, 2021, 10:54:13 pm »
Talking about polish wonderkids, I think we should be all over this lad:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VFxABbPXl2o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VFxABbPXl2o</a>

17 years old, youngest player ever to play in the Euros, and looked head and shoulders Poland best midfielder whenever he came on. His close control, passing and physique are seriously impressive for his age, but what caught my eye on was how calm and collected he was. Considering that he was coming on in very though circumstances (Poland played in desperate mode pretty much every minute of the tournament), he looked completely unfazed by the stage, and was asking for the ball and starting attacks like he was a 30-year-old veteran. I don't think there are "sure things" in sports, but I would be seriously surprised if he's not one of the top midfielders in Europe in 5 to 6 years.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: July 29, 2021, 10:56:27 pm »
Is he friendly?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #603 on: July 29, 2021, 11:01:38 pm »
Is he friendly?
Aren't they all?

You'll love him Samie lad. He's young, polish and his last name ends in owski.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #604 on: July 29, 2021, 11:02:58 pm »
Talking about polish wonderkids, I think we should be all over this lad:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VFxABbPXl2o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VFxABbPXl2o</a>

17 years old, youngest player ever to play in the Euros, and looked head and shoulders Poland best midfielder whenever he came on. His close control, passing and physique are seriously impressive for his age, but what caught my eye on was how calm and collected he was. Considering that he was coming on in very though circumstances (Poland played in desperate mode pretty much every minute of the tournament), he looked completely unfazed by the stage, and was asking for the ball and starting attacks like he was a 30-year-old veteran. I don't think there are "sure things" in sports, but I would be seriously surprised if he's not one of the top midfielders in Europe in 5 to 6 years.
He looks very very good.
Out of contract in a year as well according to transfermarkt

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #605 on: July 29, 2021, 11:05:08 pm »
the quality of the ekstraklasa is really bad, like really bad. It's one of the worst leagues in Europe. Good young Polish players get snapped up very fast by foreign clubs
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: July 29, 2021, 11:08:43 pm »
Sassuolo's president says another English side (apart from Arsenal) is in for Locatelli. Probably won't be us, but he'd be an interesting option, no?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #607 on: July 29, 2021, 11:10:49 pm »
the quality of the ekstraklasa is really bad, like really bad. It's one of the worst leagues in Europe. Good young Polish players get snapped up very fast by foreign clubs
Yep, it's putrid, but he still is a young kid looking great against grown man, which for me is always a great indicator of real quality. Think someone will snap him up this summer, hopefully by us.  :D

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #608 on: July 29, 2021, 11:14:00 pm »
Mane and Salah will have to be taken out back and put down too, sadly. Both are past 28 now and all their pace goals (the only ones they can score) will all dry up. Shame, really.

Both are past 29 (which is also past 28, I know). Bobby is 30 in early October.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #609 on: July 29, 2021, 11:16:51 pm »
Sassuolo's president says another English side (apart from Arsenal) is in for Locatelli. Probably won't be us, but he'd be an interesting option, no?
I really like him, but hopefully we go for a more attacking option in midfield.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: July 30, 2021, 12:08:58 am »
I was of the mind we needed a more advanced midfielder - maybe someone like Aouar - but it seems we like Elliott in midfield. In that case, would we expect to go for someone who can operate a little deeper?
I still think we might go for Bissouma. We should get a nice little discount if they want Nat as well.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: July 30, 2021, 12:15:37 am »
I still think we might go for Bissouma. We should get a nice little discount if they want Nat as well.
We need a midfielder and they need a defender. Makes sense to give them Nat and some money on top, everyones a winner.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #612 on: July 30, 2021, 12:17:18 am »
I always just worry that expecting anything out of 18 year olds or younger isn't very realistic. Our best youth player since I've been a fan (Sterling) was just the icing on a Suarez and Sturridge baked cake.  They have a long way to go and who knows how it will end.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #613 on: July 30, 2021, 12:37:40 am »
I always just worry that expecting anything out of 18 year olds or younger isn't very realistic. Our best youth player since I've been a fan (Sterling) was just the icing on a Suarez and Sturridge baked cake.  They have a long way to go and who knows how it will end.
Trent is another
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #614 on: July 30, 2021, 01:05:12 am »
I was of the mind we needed a more advanced midfielder - maybe someone like Aouar - but it seems we like Elliott in midfield. In that case, would we expect to go for someone who can operate a little deeper?

I don't think we should if it's only one more signing. We've got Fab, Hendo, Thiago, Milner and Keita who can all operate in deeper areas, whereas we have one single player who can naturally lead the line.

Bobby needs competition and cover, it's as simple as that. He's failed to hit double figures in terms of goals and assists two league seasons running. Not only that, but it would be nice to more easily switch to 4-2-3-1 with him a little deeper for some games. As soon as one of our front four is injured or unavailable, we don't really have that option.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #615 on: July 30, 2021, 01:49:51 am »
Griezmann to Atleti appears to be off, as Barca isn't willing to pay out the difference between the rest of what they owe to him and what Atleti will pay.

Hopefully that will reignite our interest in Saul. It still makes too much sense not for us to pull the trigger.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: July 30, 2021, 06:30:57 am »
All fair and I hope you are right. I find it all a little nerve-wracking in truth, but I was never a glass-half-full kind of guy. At least it's nice to have a reasoned discussion about it!

Very true! I’m just as nervous but I always had a “fine margins” feeling last season. Anyway we’ll see - hope you’re well dude!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: July 30, 2021, 07:14:11 am »

I would absolutely take him. He's got a bit of everything hasn't he? He's nailed on to go to Juventus though.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #618 on: July 30, 2021, 07:38:03 am »

This was so stupid I had to delete it.

If you can’t post sensibly please don’t bother.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #619 on: July 30, 2021, 07:38:35 am »
You might want to go and read DonkeyWan’s recent posts, which are pretty much aligned with your own thoughts on the subject. Except his aren’t cringey, embarrassing and childish.

What he said :lmao

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #620 on: July 30, 2021, 08:09:13 am »

As for the cringey, childish, embarassing, it's because FSG deserve it seeing as how they have let Klopp, the players, the club, and us the fans down time and time again. It's always "oh we are saving the money for future big buys to strengthen the squad", but the big buys never actually come. Lots of excuses since 2019, never any results. Even key players like Mane is sick of it, seeing as how he liked that Instagram post.

Keep the boring FSG debate out of here. It ruins every thread eventually and much of this is nonsense anyway. It also doesn’t excuse posts being cringey, childish and embarrassing. This site aims much higher than that in terms of the quality of discussion and if you don’t put the effort in you won’t be allowed to post here.

With the greatest of respect (cough) your first post here was a detailed explanation of why your football manager experience could be translated into the transfer approach of a billion pound football club. Few things in life are as simple as you’ve made them out to be. I can only really think of one summer window when I was disappointed with the club’s transfer activity, and that’s just after we won the CL and didn’t buy anyone. The next season we won the league so maybe the club got that one right. Last summer despite the pandemic we signed Thiago and Jota and most people were happy enough with our business.

I’m sorry we’ve not stumped up £250m for Haaland or whatever FM wet dream signing you think is likely, but as for the remaining signings I’d wait until the window closes before deciding that this summer has been a disaster. That’s not to say that you can’t have concerns but catastrophising rarely helps anyone.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 08:16:44 am by JerseyKloppite »

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: July 30, 2021, 08:20:02 am »
If you want to have young players to help develop the next stage of this squad you need to give them a good environment and plenty minutes to help them succeed.

I don't think anyone is saying put all your hopes on Elliott, but at some point we need to be prepared to give him and Jones 2000+ first team minutes.

We already have young, potentially great creative midfielders, we should be giving them the chance to show it, we don't need to be buying someone to block them. If your whole problem is about not getting younger players in you should be very much for this as well.

It's going to be hard for them though as it's always easier to want or bring in someone a bit older, a bit further on in their development.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 08:23:08 am by Chris~ »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: July 30, 2021, 08:39:43 am »
It's like we get told we're not going to spend anything or spend big so often that it gets drilled into some people's minds so much that when we do spend, they immediately forget about it and only remember that we're not going to spend. Last season we were told we wouldn't be spending, then brought in Jota and Thiago, but the perception is that we still didn't spend. Weird stuff.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: July 30, 2021, 08:42:19 am »
LIVERPOOL POUNCE ON LOCATELLI 

by Lorenzo Bettoni | Jul 30, 2021 08:00

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Liverpool have joined the race to sign Sassuolo midfielder Manuel Locatelli.

The 23-year-old is Juventus’ summer transfer priority and talks with the Neroverdi have been ongoing for weeks now.

Juventus can’t afford to sign the player on a permanent deal and must convince Sassuolo to accept a loan offer with an option to buy.

However, Sassuolo have reportedly rejected Juventus’ €5m loan offer plus an option to buy for €20m and €7m in bonuses.

https://football-italia.net/liverpool-pounce-on-locatelli/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #624 on: July 30, 2021, 08:43:31 am »
And this lad Kostas Tsimikas
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #625 on: July 30, 2021, 08:47:35 am »
Griezmann to Atleti appears to be off, as Barca isn't willing to pay out the difference between the rest of what they owe to him and what Atleti will pay.

Hopefully that will reignite our interest in Saul. It still makes too much sense not for us to pull the trigger.
What wages are Griezmann on? £400k. Still a huge headache for Barca to overcome between now and the start of the season.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #626 on: July 30, 2021, 08:48:09 am »
How is that Locatelli’s price ??!!!!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #627 on: July 30, 2021, 08:48:51 am »
Hope we get locatlli. Then I have an excuse to buy an Italy shirt.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #628 on: July 30, 2021, 08:54:45 am »
LIVERPOOL POUNCE ON LOCATELLI 

by Lorenzo Bettoni | Jul 30, 2021 08:00

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Liverpool have joined the race to sign Sassuolo midfielder Manuel Locatelli.

The 23-year-old is Juventus’ summer transfer priority and talks with the Neroverdi have been ongoing for weeks now.

Juventus can’t afford to sign the player on a permanent deal and must convince Sassuolo to accept a loan offer with an option to buy.

However, Sassuolo have reportedly rejected Juventus’ €5m loan offer plus an option to buy for €20m and €7m in bonuses.

https://football-italia.net/liverpool-pounce-on-locatelli/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Looks a quality player. Looks primarily defensive but with box to box ability. Would be happy with that.
Would allow us to play a more attack minded player like Elliott without worrying about balance or could play in a 3 and ensure we were hard to break down.
The only issue is if he has his heart set on Juve but if our interest is true hopefully it would be because we have received enough encouragement that he would be interested. Did see him say a while back he was open to playing abroad for a top club.
At £34m looks good value. Of course could just be a ruse to stop Juve messing about with take the piss offers.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: July 30, 2021, 09:01:03 am »

At £34m looks good value. Of course could just be a ruse to stop Juve messing about with take the piss offers.

Actually only £27.5m.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #630 on: July 30, 2021, 09:09:44 am »
Jones is a good prospect, but I'm not sure if he has the potential to be great, like Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago, Alonso, Foden type.

It's like we get told we're not going to spend anything or spend big so often that it gets drilled into some people's minds so much that when we do spend, they immediately forget about it and only remember that we're not going to spend. Last season we were told we wouldn't be spending, then brought in Jota and Thiago, but the perception is that we still didn't spend. Weird stuff.

There's a few fascinating myths that get made fact. I'm not sure if its a RAWK thing or just a football fan thing, but its great. The Coutinho myth is still the best one. We spent £160 million in two consecutive seasons, and its still put down to 'the Coutinho money'. But this one is great too. You've got posters who will dismiss any link to any half decent players as a fantasy, but as soon as the same journalists say its unlikely we'll sign anyone else its absolute gospel! Never mind the off chance that we might not want to make it obvious in the press that we want to sign players, or our record of doing similar last season and then just suddenly announcing Jota and Thiago.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #631 on: July 30, 2021, 09:16:40 am »
Okay I read DonkeyWan's posts from the last few pages and agree with it.

Fact is our squad is getting older and we need talented young blood if we are to be a continuous winning machine. Salah, Mane, Firmino are getting near 30, and more importantly, their goal + assist output have declined every year since 2018, so bringing in a talented attacker is very important. Harvey Elliot is a good option but I don't think we should put all our hopes on him.

In midfield, we have to get at least one creative midfielder. Our creativity was super lacking last season, and along with the departure of Gini whom racks up alot of appearances, we need a solid creative midfielder. Aouar would be good, although Saul would also be a good alternative if the rumours turn out to be true.

Ideally we have some backup in defence, as I'm unsure about Konate because of his injury record, and we don't know how good vvd and gomez will be after coming back from these long term injuries. I guess Van Dijk, Gomez, Konate, Philips, Matip will be our starting 5, and we'll see how vvd and gomez perform, then evaluate if we have to get in another defender. Probably sell Ben Davies as I don't think he is in Klopp plans seeing as he never played.

As for the cringey, childish, embarassing, it's because FSG deserve it seeing as how they have let Klopp, the players, the club, and us the fans down time and time again. It's always "oh we are saving the money for future big buys to strengthen the squad", but the big buys never actually come. Lots of excuses since 2019, never any results. Even key players like Mane is sick of it, seeing as how he liked that Instagram post.

Back up and centre back?

Right now we have

VVD
Gomez
Matip
Konate
Phillips
Davies
Williams

We don’t seem that short unless we get a once in a generation injury crisis.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: July 30, 2021, 09:16:53 am »
Juve are still haemorrhaging millions of euro in wages for Ronaldo, Ramsey and Dybala amongst others, so they’re not as flush as you’d think. Ramsey at 400k-plus a week in particular is seen as a failure and massive drain on their budget.

If Klopp wants him (not Ramsey) and can turn his head, you’d think we could easily gazump their offer for Locatelli.

You also get the impression Sassuolo, like most Italian clubs, would love to shaft Juve given the opportunity.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 09:19:57 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #633 on: July 30, 2021, 09:26:41 am »
Oh? That's interesting. If you mean friendlies I haven't watched those coz of time. I guess attacking midfielder would need more vision, passing, dribbling, stamina type of skills, whereas forward would need more pace, acceleration, dribbling, and shooting type of skills. From what I saw of him a season ago I think he has the dribbling skills, and he does like to try adventurous passes like through balls, so would be interesting to see how he develops if he plays in that position.

I hope he plays more in our first team this season instead of going out on loan. If he plays as attacking midfielder tho, that means we will need like an extra attacker as backup, or continue using players like Shaq, Ox, Origi as attack cover.   
Yeah, he has been playing alongside Milner and Naby.
For risk of being derided, Mcateer was comparing him to Iniesta in style yesterday and I can see the likeness. I am not saying he will go into be at that level!!!
Personally I don't think he has the pace to play out wide - that is not to say he is slow - and I don't think his shooting is good enough for him to be prolific through the middle.
But he does have a great touch, wonderful vision, a great awareness of space and a lot of pros talk about him having an old head on his shoulders. He works hard as well so will do the necessary pressing for a Klopp midfielder.
Maybe his emergence in that role will mean that we look at a midfield player with slightly more defensive attributes in terms of a new recruit.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #634 on: July 30, 2021, 09:26:50 am »
Any updates on the potential Shaqiri transfer? No actual bid in yet?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: July 30, 2021, 09:28:06 am »
Francesco Guerrieri@francGuerrieri·8m
#Liverpool made a bid of €40M for Manuel #Locatelli Red circle #transfers

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #636 on: July 30, 2021, 09:32:40 am »
Juve are still haemorrhaging millions of euro in wages for Ronaldo, Ramsey and Dybala amongst others, so they’re not as flush as you’d think. Ramsey at 400k-plus a week in particular is seen as a failure and massive drain on their budget.

If Klopp wants him (not Ramsey) and can turn his head, you’d think we could easily gazump their offer for Locatelli.

You also get the impression Sassuolo, like most Italian clubs, would love to shaft Juve given the opportunity.
Yeah, forgot about the "Jurgen" affect. How can anyone not be inspired to play for him?
I could see us being in for him. Great price, fits the age requirement, great technique, works for the team, good injury record, probably OK wage expectation, good engine.
I just thought he was nailed on for Juve so will be interesting to see if we really are in for him.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #637 on: July 30, 2021, 09:33:59 am »
"made". Did he just forget to tell anyone :)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: July 30, 2021, 09:35:49 am »

It's based on a Gazzetta Della Sport article - ere ya go: https://football-italia.net/liverpool-pounce-on-locatelli/

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: July 30, 2021, 09:41:15 am »
It's based on a Gazzetta Della Sport article - ere ya go: https://football-italia.net/liverpool-pounce-on-locatelli/

Thanks Roy but I had already posted the article on the previous page  ;)