Author Topic: Adobe Master Collection (Photoshop Disc)  (Read 1046 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Adobe Master Collection (Photoshop Disc)
« on: July 20, 2021, 03:21:02 pm »
My brother let me have an adobe master collection which included a disc for photoshop (student edition). It has a number with it but when I put it in the drive my computer doesn't pick anything up. Does anyone know if this is something which can only be used once? Thanks.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Re: Adobe Master Collection (Photoshop Disc)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 12:05:35 am »
do you not need an Adobe account.. id account were they manage your products...
serial numbers, updates etc .....poss ip address/PC ?

otherwise all your mates can just install the disc/software and use the key on the disc..
i may be wrong... but also if you buy secondhand disc, how can you install it ?

try googling.. install secondhand adobe disc...  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 12:15:55 am »
do you not need an Adobe account.. id account were they manage your products...
serial numbers, updates etc .....poss ip address/PC ?

otherwise all your mates can just install the disc/software and use the key on the disc..
i may be wrong... but also if you buy secondhand disc, how can you install it ?

try googling.. install secondhand adobe disc...  :wave

Not sure, will give that a try. Thanks.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 12:16:31 am »
Is this an auto play issue? I think most modern computers ignore autorun.inf as it was abused a lot for malware.

Try opening the disc manually and then looking for something like autoplay.exe or setup.exe and running that.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 10:21:50 am »
Is this an auto play issue? I think most modern computers ignore autorun.inf as it was abused a lot for malware.

Try opening the disc manually and then looking for something like autoplay.exe or setup.exe and running that.

I will try that, thanks.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 07:04:36 pm »
Was anyone else fascinated that someone still has a disc drive? Can you still buy machines with them in?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 07:18:24 pm »
Was anyone else fascinated that someone still has a disc drive? Can you still buy machines with them in?

My work for some reason when they approved their latest desktop models decided the high spec desktop (for AutoCAD etc) didn't need one but our standard ones do. There is no logic to it but they are still a thing on desktops.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 07:34:49 pm »

That was a new one I brought.  :D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 07:38:59 am »
;D mad how digital has took over, going back 10 years since I bought a machine with a disc drive, don't even have a CD player in the house now.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 02:23:42 pm »
;D mad how digital has took over, going back 10 years since I bought a machine with a disc drive, don't even have a CD player in the house now.

Reminds me of years ago when a bloke came into the pub selling knock-off DVDs, I bought a couple and didn't realise until I got home I didn't have a DVD player  :-[

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 07:53:58 pm »

I am obviously not as up-to-date as you are. 😀

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2021, 09:59:32 pm »
That was a new one I brought.  :D

He was on about cd drives not floppy disc ;D

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2021, 05:04:57 pm »
If the disk does nothing then follow Autorun advice.

You will still almost certainly have problems. Adobe only allow one user per package and you have to register online. Your brother would have to deregister.

Since this is an old version there's no guarantee it'll work with Windows 10. I kept my old Windows 7 PC, just so I can continue to use my Creative Suite disk set. I've had to take it offline as Windows 7 is no longer supported. Adobe's current rental model makes it too expensive to upgrade for non-professionals.

And disk drives are great! I can stream my home videos but they have multiple audio and subtitle tracks, so are much better menu driven on Blu-ray.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 1, 2021, 07:55:34 pm »
If the disk does nothing then follow Autorun advice.

You will still almost certainly have problems. Adobe only allow one user per package and you have to register online. Your brother would have to deregister.

Since this is an old version there's no guarantee it'll work with Windows 10. I kept my old Windows 7 PC, just so I can continue to use my Creative Suite disk set. I've had to take it offline as Windows 7 is no longer supported. Adobe's current rental model makes it too expensive to upgrade for non-professionals.

And disk drives are great! I can stream my home videos but they have multiple audio and subtitle tracks, so are much better menu driven on Blu-ray.

Thanks for that, will get on to my brother then.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14 on: August 2, 2021, 09:32:40 am »

I'lve still got 12 laptops in the house with a DVD ROM (Some with DVD R/W) - plus a couple of USB external DVD Drives (2.0 and 3.0)

Come in handy from time to time.

My new kit hasn't got them though.
I love you all. Even Mancs x