Author Topic: Bedroom Air purifiers  (Read 1827 times)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Bedroom Air purifiers
« on: April 5, 2021, 02:56:17 pm »
Anyone with recommendations?

Need one for our bedroom , lots of dust in the air despite regular cleaning and affecting the missus breathing/sleep, so far reviews point to  Blue Air Pure 311

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Bedroom Air purifiers
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2021, 06:22:33 pm »
I've got a Levoit one in my study.

Absolutely cracking. Helps with dust and my havfever. Thoroughly recommend it

This is the one I have;

Levoit Air Purifier for Home, Quiet H13 HEPA Filter Removes 99.97% of Pollen, Allergy Particles, Dust, Smoke, Portable Air Cleaner for Bedroom with 3 Speeds, Night Light, Filter Change Reminder [Energy Class A++]

£73.99
I love you all. Even Mancs x

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2021, 07:50:03 pm »
Got the Blue Air 411, which is now less than £100 (think it was £120 back in December).

Works well, can't compare it to other filters though (as nothing to compare it to), but the air feels cleaner. You know if it's been on or not in a room. The low setting is pretty much silent, and fine for sleeping. The other two noisier, but great if you want to clean the air in a bedroom before you go to bed, for example.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2021, 10:23:08 pm »
I've got a Levoit one in my study.

Absolutely cracking. Helps with dust and my havfever. Thoroughly recommend it

This is the one I have;

Levoit Air Purifier for Home, Quiet H13 HEPA Filter Removes 99.97% of Pollen, Allergy Particles, Dust, Smoke, Portable Air Cleaner for Bedroom with 3 Speeds, Night Light, Filter Change Reminder [Energy Class A++]

£73.99

I can also vouch for this one.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2021, 08:45:44 am »
cheers! appreciated.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5 on: April 7, 2021, 05:00:44 pm »
I got this Levoit one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077HSND9Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I originally bought a Phillips but it only had auto mode and sounded like a jet engine, this has more customisation.
:D

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 7, 2021, 07:50:47 pm »
Never really gave these a thought but have ordered the blue air 411 from John Lewis , managed to get one for £83 reduced so will give it a go .

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 02:56:23 am »
Never really gave these a thought but have ordered the blue air 411 from John Lewis , managed to get one for £83 reduced so will give it a go .

Just done the same on a bit of a whim, treating myself to some dust and hayfever relief! Cheers for the heads up everyone

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 11:16:47 am »
Used to have one of these, but problem is if your room gets hot then you're fucked as you can't open the window as it then defeats the purpose of having one. Not sure if they've evolved to chill the air too yet??

It was good for a bit of respite from hayfever though. Kept a room all shut with it running, used to jump in shower to get any pollen off me then go and sit in there for a while. Nothing beats an aircon'd car for that though.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 12:18:02 pm »

I clicked this thread approximately 3 minutes ago and never have I felt the concept of need build up so quickly ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2021, 12:23:50 pm »
Used to have one of these, but problem is if your room gets hot then you're fucked as you can't open the window as it then defeats the purpose of having one. Not sure if they've evolved to chill the air too yet??

It was good for a bit of respite from hayfever though. Kept a room all shut with it running, used to jump in shower to get any pollen off me then go and sit in there for a while. Nothing beats an aircon'd car for that though.

We have the window open in the bedroom and I have the window open in my study and they are absolutely fine

It's noticeable when I leave those two rooms as with high pollen counts, you can tell straight away.

The Levoit one blows a good blast of air out even on the silent setting, so yeah I'd say they cool just by the action of blowing air through. Missus has been moaning its too cold since we got the additional bedroom one, hoping it'll cool the room down in high summer too :)
I love you all. Even Mancs x

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 10:43:44 am »
Are the Dysons worth the money?

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2021, 10:12:31 pm »
Are the Dysons worth the money?

Consumer Reports says "No"  Ratings in the 20s/100
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi