Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 304944 times)

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
Re: IPTV
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2017, 06:34:35 pm »
What version have you bought? Do you have the accessories?

I got a Pi 3 and a 2 setup with kodi.
Football is a lie

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2017, 06:49:36 pm »
Suggest you wait till the season starts before forking out for a yearly subscription. Going on the below the Kodi party looks to be over.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/07/27/premier-league-lands-game-changing-court-order-war-illegal-streaming/amp/

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2017, 11:18:49 pm »
Suggest you wait till the season starts before forking out for a yearly subscription. Going on the below the Kodi party looks to be over.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/07/27/premier-league-lands-game-changing-court-order-war-illegal-streaming/amp/
Because the telegraph really know their shit...

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2017, 11:20:10 pm »

My sub was fine in the last 2 months of last season, heard free ones dried up?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2017, 01:36:05 am »
My sub was fine in the last 2 months of last season, heard free ones dried up?

Not really,the only change that I noticed was Mobdro shutting the sports channels during match time.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2017, 08:20:54 am »
ΟΚ I don't know a lot about ISPs and how relevant things work and stuff but can they really see you use an illegal stream if you watch it through Kodi? If you do it via a web browser, I get it, but not so sure about Kodi.

In general there's been a lot of scaremongering regarding Kodi and streams lately on various online newspaper articles and the ones I've read have got a couple of things ridiculously wrong IIRC.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2017, 02:16:36 pm »
Not really,the only change that I noticed was Mobdro shutting the sports channels during match time.

I think that was more to do with the number of people using the App during matches crashed everything.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2017, 02:38:35 pm »
I think that was more to do with the number of people using the App during matches crashed everything.

That is what I first thought but all the channels apart from the sports worked fine & they came back straight after the end of the match.It also works if you use a VPN so they are turning off the sport in the UK only.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2017, 01:04:20 pm »
ΟΚ I don't know a lot about ISPs and how relevant things work and stuff but can they really see you use an illegal stream if you watch it through Kodi? If you do it via a web browser, I get it, but not so sure about Kodi.

In general there's been a lot of scaremongering regarding Kodi and streams lately on various online newspaper articles and the ones I've read have got a couple of things ridiculously wrong IIRC.

ISP's will block the stream addresses at source though it's unlikely this will affect IPTV, just Kodi. For that you'll need a decent VPN.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:07:03 pm by dikwad »

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2017, 05:33:41 pm »
Hi guys, what VPN would you recommend and do you install in on your router or laptop/Kodi device?

Thanks
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2017, 06:06:04 pm »
Hi guys, what VPN would you recommend and do you install in on your router or laptop/Kodi device?

Thanks

Privateinternetaccess is good and can be installed on several devices for about $40 a year.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2017, 08:37:24 pm »
Privateinternetaccess is good and can be installed on several devices for about $40 a year.

Cheers!
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #92 on: August 1, 2017, 08:46:27 pm »

I don't think ISPs are after people consuming  the streams. They are after the ones distributing them and it wouldn't surprise me if they were actively working on a solution.

Enjoy it while it lasts lads.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 2, 2017, 12:15:54 pm »

Depends upon a few things really. If it is unencrypted, then the ISP could span your traffic from the router or use tools such as fibre taps and packet brokers  to feed traffic to a packet capture / anazlyzer device and attempt to rebuild the data into something they can see themselves, so they know exactly what you are doing. For sure authorities already use this technology to monitor specific types of traffic as it stands (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN744Pcr3W4) and also doing that inside ISPs with court orders, but probably being paranoid to suggest streaming is a target right now ;-). However, if your traffic is encrypted with something strong like AES, then this obviously makes it quite difficult for authorities/ISPs to actually see what you are doing ... however, in the UK, as it stands, I believe it is not illegal to watch a stream of copyrighted material, only to be the stream source or store it.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2017, 01:55:24 pm by McSquared »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #94 on: August 2, 2017, 12:19:47 pm »
way too technical for me

not smart enough
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #95 on: August 2, 2017, 02:38:10 pm »
I don't think ISPs are after people consuming  the streams. They are after the ones distributing them and it wouldn't surprise me if they were actively working on a solution.

Enjoy it while it lasts lads.

TalkTalk vs Russian streamers and content providers? Good luck with that TalkTalk... ;)

ISPs in the UK will be adhering to the law and not much else - especially as many of the content providers are not actually in the UK (yet some re-sellers currently may be).

Sky only won vs the pirated satellite boxes recently as they spent a fair amount of money fighting it and continually looking to improving their encryption - for content and systems they actually controlled...

With IPTV, a growing worldwide system of which Sky has little control on it's delivery achieving the same to protect their content extortionate subs stacked packages profits? Good luck with that... bar VPN/proxy bans or massive changes in law it's hard to see IPTV going away anytime soon - especially as it'll soon be a 'go-to' system for delivering legitimate tv to households instead of dishes and aerials...  and all those piggybacked and reproduced streams likely to be available...

Maybe they'll lower their prices or give the viewer more choice in what they want to watch - and don't want to watch... ;) Though we all know that won't be happening anytime soon...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 4, 2017, 05:10:29 pm »
Sticking with satellite. After moving my minidish I now get all the foreign sports channels on my Zgemma. Mostly same ones as IPTV only with satellite quality. Was pretty straight forward in the end. HD & 3pm's as well. :)
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: August 5, 2017, 09:39:43 pm »
Sticking with satellite. After moving my minidish I now get all the foreign sports channels on my Zgemma. Mostly same ones as IPTV only with satellite quality. Was pretty straight forward in the end. HD & 3pm's as well. :)
Move your dish to where?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 5, 2017, 10:41:04 pm »

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 7, 2017, 04:10:59 am »
Move your dish to where?

19.2 east, 23.5 east or 13 east all easily obtainable with a basic dish (and a spanner kit from Poundland :)). I used this site http://www.dishpointer.com selecting 28.2 east, the UK / ROI sat, as my starting position in order to help determine the position of the other sats.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline Bootle Boy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #100 on: August 7, 2017, 01:21:12 pm »
I've got a VU Solo box. Does anyone know whether I can put IPTV on to it? Box has become useless since the satellite switch off

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 7, 2017, 03:41:54 pm »
I've got a VU Solo box. Does anyone know whether I can put IPTV on to it? Box has become useless since the satellite switch off

A quick google shows that you can put kodi on it & I would guess that if you can do that you will be able to use the smart tv app and most other apks.Don't take my word for it though as I honestly know nowt about the VU solo.

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #102 on: August 7, 2017, 04:28:53 pm »

ftp your .m3u file to the m3u folder under etc - tsmedia. Then on your box go to tsmedia - IPTV - m3u then go to your file and press the green button to add to bouquets.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 8, 2017, 10:11:25 pm »

Yes but it won't run as smooth as other boxes. Doesn't have the same juice. I was in the same position as you. Had 3 vu boxes with the old satellite then switched over to IPTV when Sky switched it all off. Some days it would be good, other days not. I then bought a firestick and now run IPTV from it. Just as good as the satellite except with more channels!
« Last Edit: August 8, 2017, 10:15:09 pm by liverbnz »
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline Bootle Boy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #104 on: August 9, 2017, 01:37:23 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  Think I'll go with the fire stick option as I already have one of those.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2017, 07:29:48 pm »
19.2 east, 23.5 east or 13 east all easily obtainable with a basic dish (and a spanner kit from Poundland :)). I used this site http://www.dishpointer.com selecting 28.2 east, the UK / ROI sat, as my starting position in order to help determine the position of the other sats.

madd!!! just checked that site, and yes, looks like moving to a different astra satellite can do different things. might try this if i can be arsed. interesting find though. Can you get the ski sprots channels ? especially atlantic.

was really looking for a reliable IPTV sub. im currently using Rapid on a trial, but i read mixed reviews about them. i dont want to get screwed.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2017, 07:28:09 pm »
madd!!! just checked that site, and yes, looks like moving to a different astra satellite can do different things. might try this if i can be arsed. interesting find though. Can you get the ski sprots channels ? especially atlantic.

was really looking for a reliable IPTV sub. im currently using Rapid on a trial, but i read mixed reviews about them. i dont want to get screwed.

Yes mate the whole Sly Deutschland package is there just by moving your dish a couple of inches towards 19.2e. Incredibly easy to pick up. Sport, Movies and Atlantic in full HD with English soundtrack option on everything. Looks identical to our Sly really. Feels just like watching English telly only with foreign adverts! No buffering or ISP issues.

We used to share 19.2 east with the Germans if anyone remembers their channels being on Sly in the 90's? We eventually moved away in 1997 following the event of Digital.

There's also Movistar+ Espana on 19.2 east which happens to be my particular favourite. Full package all Sport channels including their own and beIN Sport, Movies and Entertainment in HD and again with English soundtrack option on everything.

Saw all live Prem games including ours across the weekend via satellite on my Zgemma. Accompanied by a choice of Chelsea vs Burnley or Palace vs. Huddersfield at 3pm on Saturday.

If you've got a long term subscription off anyone which still has time remaining, it's possible it might already include entitlements to these channels also without the need to splash out again. You can check what else is included on your old sub first through the menus on your box.

Everything is extremely stable as well and I've never been ripped off or let down with service. I just pay once a month via Paypal nice and easy.

It's nowhere near the end of the road for our Zgemma / Vu+/ sat boxes yet. Plenty of other countries still broadcasting channels above our clouds that we can simply move our dishes to! :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2017, 07:58:28 pm »
So how did you go about subscribing Vlad ?

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2017, 08:57:23 pm »
So how did you go about subscribing Vlad ?

I just tried a few random ones off the forums mate. There's plenty of them all offering 24 hour test lines for multi country sats. So try a few out and see who you prefer to go with. I found most quotes were cheaper than IPTV. Some even give deals on both.

As mentioned some of you, if you've bought a long term sub which still has time reaming, you may already have entitlements to these Euro channels within your current services without realising it. Which would certainly save you paying again.

To find out. On my Zgemma (with internet connected) (probably the same method on every other E2 box). I press blue button > CCcam Info > Providers. This brings up a list of all the entitlements your box currently has. If anything in that list appears other than CAid 963 (or 0963) (Sly UK) then you already have Euro channels included in your sub and should be able to get your box back up and running again in no time! :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2017, 09:35:43 pm »
I just tried a few random ones off the forums mate. There's plenty of them all offering 24 hour test lines for multi country sats. So try a few out and see who you prefer to go with. I found most quotes were cheaper than IPTV. Some even give deals on both.

As mentioned some of you, if you've bought a long term sub which still has time reaming, you may already have entitlements to these Euro channels within your current services without realising it. Which would certainly save you paying again.

To find out. On my Zgemma (with internet connected) (probably the same method on every other E2 box). I press blue button > CCcam Info > Providers. This brings up a list of all the entitlements your box currently has. If anything in that list appears other than CAid 963 (or 0963) (Sly UK) then you already have Euro channels included in your sub and should be able to get your box back up and running again in no time! :)

I was looking to go with a Zgemma but I thought it had all gone to pot,definitely something I will reconsider if/when my IPTV goes to pot.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2017, 12:29:44 am »
Yes mate the whole Sly Deutschland package is there just by moving your dish a couple of inches towards 19.2e. Incredibly easy to pick up. Sport, Movies and Atlantic in full HD with English soundtrack option on everything. Looks identical to our Sly really. Feels just like watching English telly only with foreign adverts! No buffering or ISP issues.

We used to share 19.2 east with the Germans if anyone remembers their channels being on Sly in the 90's? We eventually moved away in 1997 following the event of Digital.

There's also Movistar+ Espana on 19.2 east which happens to be my particular favourite. Full package all Sport channels including their own and beIN Sport, Movies and Entertainment in HD and again with English soundtrack option on everything.

Saw all live Prem games including ours across the weekend via satellite on my Zgemma. Accompanied by a choice of Chelsea vs Burnley or Palace vs. Huddersfield at 3pm on Saturday.

If you've got a long term subscription off anyone which still has time remaining, it's possible it might already include entitlements to these channels also without the need to splash out again. You can check what else is included on your old sub first through the menus on your box.

Everything is extremely stable as well and I've never been ripped off or let down with service. I just pay once a month via Paypal nice and easy.

It's nowhere near the end of the road for our Zgemma / Vu+/ sat boxes yet. Plenty of other countries still broadcasting channels above our clouds that we can simply move our dishes to! :)
How does the English soundtrack option work on the Zgemma? Just curious. Sounds like and interesting option.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2017, 02:13:01 pm »
I was looking to go with a Zgemma but I thought it had all gone to pot,definitely something I will reconsider if/when my IPTV goes to pot.

Now could be a good time to get one mate. Since most people wrongly believe it's all over the prices have dropped dramatically.  Just seen a few on a well known auction site going for around £40.

So far it's only the likes of the UK, France and Italy that've gone. Other countries such as Germany, Spain, Poland, Netherlands, Belgium and CZ/Slokavia are still up. Including HD. We can get all of those from here with a bog standard minidish. The most important thing is being able to reach your dish to pick them up. Or at least get someone in who can.

It might still be worth getting a Zgemma for your living room and keeping your IPTV for use on mobile devices. IPTV is great for on the go. You can put it on any device, a phone or tablet etc. Even if your supplier has only included it on one device just extract the M3U8 file and stick that on another device of your choice (as long as you only use one at a time of course). IPTV will also beef up your 3pm options of which I get a maximum of three per week via satellite. Which is not so much of a problem when you're an LFC supporter as we're usually one of the first choices for foreign providers. :)

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2017, 02:46:08 pm »
Hi mate, could you please pm me a link to sly germany? My old man lost nearly a full year on a sub, would love to be able to set him up.

Cheers.
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2017, 11:14:18 pm »
How does the English soundtrack option work on the Zgemma? Just curious. Sounds like and interesting option.
Two ways. Either press the Audio button on the remote whilst watching a programme, and you'll be presented with a list of available languages choices for that channel. Or press Menu > go to Setup > System > Auto Language Selection. This will set the language preference permanently for all channels.

As most of our telly comes from either here or the US. There's therefore very few channels on 28.2 east with the need for multiple language options. Across the rest of Europe however they're used to watching dubbed content from US / UK and other European countries. So they'll usually include the 'original' language soundtrack as an option for those who can speak it, and want to listen to the show how it's supposed to sound. You could even be watching a French film on a German channel. Dubbed into German, with the option to turn the dubbing off and put it back into French again!

I've had a quick look and have found at least two channels on the UK&ROI sat that have multiple language options. Check out channels MTA and PCNE Chinese. The former has 7 various language choices whilst the latter offers English or Chinese. Ironically neither seemed to do anything when I tried them although they work fine on the other sats. So you should hopefully at least get a good idea. :)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2017, 09:40:21 am »
Took up a subscription to Canal Digital where an Apple TV 4 was included. So I am locked in for 24 months.

It's excellent. Any other ways I can use it? Like getting channels from some other iptv provider (official or not)?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2017, 02:29:15 pm »
Am I missing a trick here?

I have ace stream on the laptop and always use ace stream links for games. Quality is high and there always seems to be links so why has everyone moved on to this kodi iptv stuff or is it because you watch "other" stuff as well

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2017, 03:38:01 pm »
Am I missing a trick here?

Evidently not if you're getting high quality streams without issue for each match!

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2017, 03:16:56 pm »
Yeah well i know it was very popular at least 4 yrs ago or more but nobody seems to talk about it now or demand links

i just wondered why people had moved on maybe its a watch on tv rather than computer thing

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2017, 08:23:04 pm »

Hi mate, tried this on my box and I'm getting
caid: 0x0963
pid: 0x0507
prov: 080880
Do you know if these means I'm good to go to mess around with 19.2e and will the channels clear?

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2017, 09:38:42 pm »
Hi mate, tried this on my box and I'm getting
caid: 0x0963
pid: 0x0507
prov: 080880
Do you know if these means I'm good to go to mess around with 19.2e and will the channels clear?
That's just Sly UK that mate. Plenty of 24 hour test lines and monthly Euro sat subs available on the various forums though! :)

This weekend I've got two 3pm's (Newcastle vs West Ham and Palace vs Swansea plus a Championship game). Then all the other games, including our own, and, the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight in perfect HD from various Euro channels via my minidish and Zgemma.

In most countries the fight isn't even PPV!