Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 304943 times)

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
Re: IPTV
« Reply #40 on: May 4, 2017, 08:25:48 pm »
I wish I knew what you all are talking about as it seems amazing.
Have a peek in the sportsmania thread.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 8, 2017, 03:59:16 pm »

You just need an android box [i got the xiaomi box for 70 pounds] and a subscription with an iptv provider [depending what channels you want to watch] for 7 pounds a month. Oh and an internet connection ;D. Works like a charm.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2017, 09:23:12 am »
so are these the bees knees?

my zgemma is dropping channels like bad habits now

provider is saying i can have this for 50 (3 months) 70 (6 months) or 100 for the year. however i dont want to splash out as the football seasons nearly over anyway.

ill keep an eye on this over the summer and see is it worth while
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2017, 10:19:42 am »
so are these the bees knees?

my zgemma is dropping channels like bad habits now

provider is saying i can have this for 50 (3 months) 70 (6 months) or 100 for the year. however i dont want to splash out as the football seasons nearly over anyway.

ill keep an eye on this over the summer and see is it worth while
I have Ultimatemania as my main TV viewing in the living room on SPMC. I run it through On Tapp epg which is a paid add on (think it's £7 a quarter), dead easy to integrate the channels on UM into the guide, just a couple of clicks. It has a mini guide when viewing full screen, you can add favourites, reminders and there is a search function. Works pretty well, you get the odd occassion when a channel just stops playing for some reason, but on the whole it's fairly solid.

I have Aftermath Kodi add on now as back up after Plex went tits up with them, loads of hassle getting the add on log on as they dropped customers of resellers, only dealing with direct customers. When I get time I'll get round to adding the channels on there to On Tapp, have to do that manually though channel by channel it seems.

Run these on my hard wired Fire TV with VM 200mb.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2017, 12:22:53 pm »
I have Aftermath Kodi add on now as back up after Plex went tits up with them, loads of hassle getting the add on log on as they dropped customers of resellers, only dealing with direct customers. When I get time I'll get round to adding the channels on there to On Tapp, have to do that manually though channel by channel it seems.

The lads from Aftermath come across as a bunch of cowboys to be honest. Couple of times I've asked for a VOD reconnect on their Facebook group and have practically been treated like a criminal. They also have a habit of dropping streams too - I noticed that all the terrestrial ones disappeared the other day.

Constantly renaming their service as well; saw it was called Lightning Streams now?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2017, 12:31:28 pm »
The lads from Aftermath come across as a bunch of cowboys to be honest. Couple of times I've asked for a VOD reconnect on their Facebook group and have practically been treated like a criminal. They also have a habit of dropping streams too - I noticed that all the terrestrial ones disappeared the other day.

Constantly renaming their service as well; saw it was called Lightning Streams now?
Idiots, they were bleating about having to many subscribers affecting the service the other week, five minutes later posting offering sub deals! The guy who I got my sub off is a sound lad but the Aftermath lot are a bunch of clowns.

edit: Didn't they used to be called Mobsters?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:38:46 pm by tedmus »

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2017, 04:25:56 pm »
Idiots, they were bleating about having to many subscribers affecting the service the other week, five minutes later posting offering sub deals! The guy who I got my sub off is a sound lad but the Aftermath lot are a bunch of clowns.

edit: Didn't they used to be called Mobsters?

Believe so. I bought a liftetime sub from them and hoped that it would satisfy all my IPTV needs but I've moved on to Ult*****Mania now. Wouldn't recommend Aftermath to anyone.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2017, 06:29:02 pm »
A lifetime sub is great, if you're an octagenarian

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2017, 09:25:58 am »
Been using flawless the last few weeks and been a bit hit and miss, don't really want to sign up with a annual sub with them.

Any other providers out there you guys can recommend with more stability ?

Thanks

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 12:03:43 pm »
A lifetime sub is great, if you're an octagenarian

Haha.

To be fair, they were offering lifetime subs for a smidge more than a years so I was all right with it.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2017, 12:12:35 pm »
What are the minimum download speeds you need for this to work?

I'm stuck on 7-9MB/s on my SKY line. No chance of cable in my flat.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2017, 01:15:55 pm »

Think you're right on the limit, at least for HD

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2017, 02:19:07 pm »

id say 10 minimum

thats what is recommended for my zgemma

you would want good internet or it will buffer a lot

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2017, 04:44:12 pm »
Been using flawless the last few weeks and been a bit hit and miss, don't really want to sign up with a annual sub with them.

Any other providers out there you guys can recommend with more stability ?

Thanks

Been spot on for me so far.What box you running it on? Most enigma sat boxes aren't really up to the job

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2017, 07:03:14 pm »
I had flawless for a while on my Duo2 - clunky but it worked but I ended up usually watching it on Kodi on the Apple TV

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2017, 10:39:44 am »
I have Ultimatemania as my main TV viewing in the living room on SPMC. I run it through On Tapp epg which is a paid add on (think it's £7 a quarter), dead easy to integrate the channels on UM into the guide, just a couple of clicks. It has a mini guide when viewing full screen, you can add favourites, reminders and there is a search function. Works pretty well, you get the odd occassion when a channel just stops playing for some reason, but on the whole it's fairly solid.

Run these on my hard wired Fire TV with VM 200mb.

You're probably already aware but just in case you're not and want to save some money. iVue tv guide has a second add-on now called 'ivue creator' that let's you link to any add-on, was the one thing it was lacking and i only became aware of it a while back.

I have it setup with UM also, works really well.

www.musutv.com('Sky' plan) is the service i use for the whole house/backup. cheap and reliable. they have a kodi add-on but i prefer to download the .m3u8 file and load that into the kodi pvr, channels load automatically into iVue that way.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2017, 10:48:38 am »
You're probably already aware but just in case you're not and want to save some money. iVue tv guide has a second add-on now called 'ivue creator' that let's you link to any add-on, was the one thing it was lacking and i only became aware of it a while back.

I have it setup with UM also, works really well.

www.musutv.com('Sky' plan) is the service i use for the whole house/backup. cheap and reliable. they have a kodi add-on but i prefer to download the .m3u8 file and load that into the kodi pvr, channels load automatically into iVue that way.
Yeah I know about ivue, have used it in the past. I dont like that when you install the add ons it also installs a shed load of other add ons within the package. For the little I pay for On Tapp it works brilliantly and is really simple to integrate UM (amongst others).

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2017, 11:08:19 am »
Agree with On-Tapp. I've used iVue in the past and find it a bit unreliable. On-Tapp is good for the fee.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2017, 12:26:29 pm »
Been spot on for me so far.What box you running it on? Most enigma sat boxes aren't really up to the job

I have a mag254 box so don't think that's the problem mate

A lot of people have been complaining on there Facebook about downtime . They have just changed servers so hopefully that helps going forward

Just asking for a cheap iptv supplier as a back up really don't mind paying for 2 if it's cheap

Offline Fighting Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • I wouldn't ride her into battle !!!
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2017, 02:35:53 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to load IPTV to an Openbox V8s please, have followed various ways that I read online but can't get it to work.

Much appreciated in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Fighting Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • I wouldn't ride her into battle !!!
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2017, 09:04:31 am »
Have transferred the M3U8 and it says 'WebTV successful' yet all channels listed as 'NO NAME' and none will play??

Tested the M3U8 on VLC and Perfect Player and its definitely working there!

First time using Openbox V8s

Anyone???????

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2017, 02:20:41 pm »
Anyone have problems with IPTV on vu+? Mine works really well then all of a sudden freezes and an error message pops up 'no data from transponder, PAT reading timed out'. Then the screen would be blank on all channels for hours.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline GOD-9

• Biff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robert Bernard Fowler
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2017, 09:13:28 pm »
Had been using CCCam files on a F5 digibox for the last couple years but following the collapse of Cam files I decided to go down the IPTV route and just set this up this weekend. Running IPTV on an MXPro android box (£25 on ebay) and installed perfect player app on to it.

Was recommended a subscription provider on facebook and i have to say its been brilliant so far. The guy has been a great help and answers any queries pretty much immediately.

Watched the golf in HD all this weekend with no buffering at all.

This takes literally 10 minutes to set up from start to finish. Wish id done it sooner to be honest
Youll Never Walk Alone

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2017, 09:40:30 pm »
Are you running a vpn ?  And can you pm the provider,cost,payment method & channel list..

Cheers
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2017, 06:16:43 pm »
Whats the best box to run IPTV on? Was looking into buying one.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2017, 10:21:12 am »
Whats the best box to run IPTV on? Was looking into buying one.

Raspberry Pi does the job and won't break the bank.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2017, 12:40:57 pm »

By the time you have bought the case,power supply,card and Pi,you will have spent close to £50 so unless you really wanted a Pi to play with you may as well pay a little bit more (£60/70) and get a android box with 3gb Ram or about £50 for one with 2gb ram or £20 less than the Pi  set up and get one with the same ram as the Pi 1gb.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2017, 12:42:41 pm »
putting it on my zgemma soon

thats the plan

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2017, 06:26:30 pm »
By the time you have bought the case,power supply,card and Pi,you will have spent close to £50 so unless you really wanted a Pi to play with you may as well pay a little bit more (£60/70) and get a android box with 3gb Ram or about £50 for one with 2gb ram or £20 less than the Pi  set up and get one with the same ram as the Pi 1gb.

Cheers Lads,thanks for the advice.might look for an android box.

Offline qwerty_in_advance

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2017, 07:27:08 pm »
I run my IPTV on my Fire TV using the Perfect Player app. Can't knock it, epg works a treat. Works well on a firestick too tbf just takes a tad longer for it to initially load up.
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2017, 09:03:05 pm »
I run my IPTV on my Fire TV using the Perfect Player app. Can't knock it, epg works a treat. Works well on a firestick too tbf just takes a tad longer for it to initially load up.

I have Fire TV and the firestick,I might give it a go on that,thanks.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2017, 09:45:41 pm »
For £60 you can buy a Zgemma i55

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2017, 08:29:45 am »
Can any one suggest a good IPTV service that has films, entertainment and sports as well as 3pm's for about 50 quid ?
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2017, 09:01:34 am »
http://www.satsni.com/product-category/iptv/

this is who ill be going with. i bought my zgemma off them. google reviews are bad but its mainly people getting the hump over card sharing. that happened everyone

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2017, 03:13:37 pm »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2017, 03:54:13 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40727972

Just an extension to what they did for the final 2 months of the season.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2017, 04:08:55 pm »
For anyone interesting in a yearly subscription I suggest you take a one month sub first to test it out. For UK/USA channels I found Ace IPTV to be the best, quality and reliability wise. Of course this is bound to change if they get oversubscribed. I needed italian and other channels from other countries so I opted for another provider.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2017, 07:57:42 pm »

Got a Pi. Now what I do? Thanks
Football is a lie

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2017, 11:40:12 am »
Got a Pi. Now what I do? Thanks

What version have you bought? Do you have the accessories?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2017, 12:50:32 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPTV

It can, with the right box - and a decent subscription, be quite useful in watching various sporting events, films, can have video on demand and entertainment channels from all around the world... all on your large screen tv in a reasonable quality - although you will need a decent internet connection (10mb+) - and a reliable subscription...

Some nether-do-wells also use to watch the footy from all around the world - games that are not even broadcast in the UK in the more traditional ways of watching of tv... ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576