Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 304966 times)

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
IPTV
« on: August 24, 2016, 09:49:21 am »
My Virgin Media contract has just expired and I'm thinking of sacking it off and just paying for a decent internet connection with everything else done online.

I've got a good spec Android Box which I currently use to stream the footy from one of the 'paid' services and watch movies/TV shows from my NAS drive (which is all automated via SABNZBD)

I'm exploring the possibility of paying for an IPTV subscription so I can watch live TV via the Android Box (Kodi add-on, preferably).

Does anyone pay for an IPTV service and if so, would you recommend it?

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: IPTV
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:08:30 am »
keep the virgin broadband and get a ''special'' cable box and sub

or iptv4less.com
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:10:01 am by marcus-g »

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:29:48 am »
yep no matter what anyone says bout iptv HD cable is by far and away the best option.
however bear in mind you won't get 3pms on cable

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 10:40:13 am »
nbcs sports android app, cracked US account and a vpn for the 3pm games

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 10:44:04 am »
My Virgin Media contract has just expired and I'm thinking of sacking it off and just paying for a decent internet connection with everything else done online.

I've got a good spec Android Box which I currently use to stream the footy from one of the 'paid' services and watch movies/TV shows from my NAS drive (which is all automated via SABNZBD)

I'm exploring the possibility of paying for an IPTV subscription so I can watch live TV via the Android Box (Kodi add-on, preferably).

Does anyone pay for an IPTV service and if so, would you recommend it?

Father in law has a Blade IPTV box.  Great bit of kit.  Paid £75 for the box and around £125 every six months to get the subscription renewed.  Get's loads of the 3pm games and films that have just been released in the cinemas. 

His buffers every now and again but that's because his broadband connection isn't the best.  I've got 100Mb Virgin Media and am seriously considering getting rid of Sky and getting one of these.  Only drawback is you can't record, but you can go back through the planner to watch stuff you may have missed.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 10:45:04 am »
I've got a sub from Aftermath (used to be mobsters) on a NowTv box for the kitchen but they have a Kodi add on too, been great so far. You can integrate it with iVue too I believe.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 01:19:07 pm »
I've got a sub from Aftermath (used to be mobsters) on a NowTv box for the kitchen but they have a Kodi add on too, been great so far. You can integrate it with iVue too I believe.

I can recommend Aftermath too, I dropped on and got a lifetime sub for £80 which I use on a Mag 254, but the Kodi addon works just as well. The guys that run their facebook page are always around to help. Channels do go down now and then, but they usually have a backup ready. They can supply a Now TV box with plex and ipitv sub pre-installed, but I haven't used that side of it.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 01:23:38 pm »
I can recommend Aftermath too, I dropped on and got a lifetime sub for £80
Got mine for £50 as part of a bulk buy  ;D

Online .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 01:30:13 pm »
Got a link to where I can read more on Aftermath, lads?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 01:33:33 pm »
They're on FB, check your PM.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 05:20:03 pm »
The best option for iptv is a Mag 250/254 box with a decent sub

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 11:29:25 am »
Got mine for £50 as part of a bulk buy  ;D

Bargain! Even at £80 it's a bargain, providing they're around for a while yet.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 12:00:10 pm »
Bargain! Even at £80 it's a bargain, providing they're around for a while yet.
If I get a year out of it for that price I'm happy, think they've been around for a bit so hopefully won't be going anywhere soon.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 07:07:16 am »
If you just want it for the footy, there's a group on Facebook called '4-4-2 Plex' who are doing all 3pm kick offs in HD for £40 a year if you sign up by 1st September. Had a trial off them a while back that was absolutely fine.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 09:11:30 am »
In error

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 09:46:00 am »
IPTV is the best solution atm. Personally I would be wary of websites promising a lifetime account as servers are very costly to run and a lifetime account for such a cheap price would mean either the stations buffer all the time or they aren't in HD/good quality. I would advise you to ask for a 24hr test to try out the server and try it on when there's a good/popular game on to see if it buffers. Still, they might put people asking for a test on a different server but you can still get a good idea of the quality of the service like this. Regarding prices, they vary between 100 euro a year to 180 euro in my country.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 10:12:29 am »
Got told about http://www.go4iptv.com a few weeks ago so gave it a try, loads of channels and the quality was very good, £100 for a year but you can get a day pass for £2.50 to try it out, they have an apk so you can install it on any android device, deal breaker for me was the fact they give you a one use code which is no good for me as I like to be able to use multiple devices but might be worth a look if you don't mind your sub being tied to one device

Offline neilers

• Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 05:22:41 am »
Can I have a link to aftermath please?

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 07:45:07 am »
Got told about http://www.go4iptv.com a few weeks ago so gave it a try, loads of channels and the quality was very good, £100 for a year but you can get a day pass for £2.50 to try it out, they have an apk so you can install it on any android device, deal breaker for me was the fact they give you a one use code which is no good for me as I like to be able to use multiple devices but might be worth a look if you don't mind your sub being tied to one device

How are you finding it mate? Any good?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 08:51:31 am »
Can I have a link to aftermath please?
PM sent.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 09:28:03 pm »
Just signed upto Flawless IPTV on Facebook. £75 for the year with all the movies/sports channels showing the 3pm kick offs in HD as well as all the Sky HD channels. Even better it's an M3U file they give you, so imported that into a Bouquet on my Vu+ Duo2 so the IPTV sits alongside my £15 card sharing subscription.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 3, 2016, 11:47:48 am »
Just signed upto Flawless IPTV on Facebook. £75 for the year with all the movies/sports channels showing the 3pm kick offs in HD as well as all the Sky HD channels. Even better it's an M3U file they give you, so imported that into a Bouquet on my Vu+ Duo2 so the IPTV sits alongside my £15 card sharing subscription.

Would that work on a MAG 250 box? That Duo2 looks quite expensive!

Might just go with the 4-4-2 Plex not looking on spending crazy money on this for the moment to be honest.

Online .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 3, 2016, 12:39:14 pm »
Managed to get a lifetime sub with Aftermath for £75.

So far so good, most channels don't appear to buffer during 'off peak' times. Not really tested it with the football yet as I've got a sub with another site that works flawlessly.

Only issue is the poor integration with ivue. My Virgin TV is due to be switched off midway through the month and I'll be going full IPTV only. I want ivue to integrate with all the channels so my missus can use the EPG as she's used to with Virgin/Sky but some of the channels don't integrate very well.

Has anyone got a decent guide EPG thingy for ivue (not sure on the term, it's the file that dictates which channels are displayed on ivue).

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 3, 2016, 01:39:51 pm »
You can always save each channel as a favourite and add them that way.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 3, 2016, 02:41:49 pm »
Would that work on a MAG 250 box? That Duo2 looks quite expensive!

Might just go with the 4-4-2 Plex not looking on spending crazy money on this for the moment to be honest.

Yeah it does. Was looking at 442 at first, but this is full Sky HD and US TV as well for pretty much the same money.

Online .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 4, 2016, 02:49:39 pm »
You can always save each channel as a favourite and add them that way.

I get how to link a favourite to a stream already in the EPG, the problem is linking a stream which is not in the EPG.

As an example, I have an English & US EPG (can't remember the name of the EPG from the drop down list within ivue - seem to remember it has a girl's name in the title).

I want to link the BeIn channels which are available with Aftermath. The problem is that my EPG doesn't list any of the BeIn channels as they're broadcast from the middle-east.

Essentially, I need a custom-build EPG that includes all the channels from within Aftermath because, as I see it, you can't add a channel to ivue unless it is listed within the EPG.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 4, 2016, 03:03:08 pm »
I get how to link a favourite to a stream already in the EPG, the problem is linking a stream which is not in the EPG.

As an example, I have an English & US EPG (can't remember the name of the EPG from the drop down list within ivue - seem to remember it has a girl's name in the title).

I want to link the BeIn channels which are available with Aftermath. The problem is that my EPG doesn't list any of the BeIn channels as they're broadcast from the middle-east.

Essentially, I need a custom-build EPG that includes all the channels from within Aftermath because, as I see it, you can't add a channel to ivue unless it is listed within the EPG.
Bein channels are on the Echo TV Guide. I've not looked at it properly but it seems very similar to iVue.

http://www.tech2guides.co.uk/install-echo-tv-guide-kodi-add-on/

Online .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 4, 2016, 03:15:36 pm »
Cheers, mate. I'll give that a go tonight.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #28 on: October 4, 2016, 03:20:02 pm »

So far so good, most channels don't appear to buffer during 'off peak' times. Not really tested it with the football yet as I've got a sub with another site that works flawlessly.

Only issue is the poor integration with ivue. My Virgin TV is due to be switched off midway through the month and I'll be going full IPTV only. I want ivue to integrate with all the channels so my missus can use the EPG as she's used to with Virgin/Sky but some of the channels don't integrate very well.

Has anyone got a decent guide EPG thingy for ivue (not sure on the term, it's the file that dictates which channels are displayed on ivue).

You are a brave man.  ;)

Online .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 4, 2016, 03:21:56 pm »
Aye. I may live to regret this.

She has said herself that she only watches TV as it's there and easy to put on in the background. She's actually quite keen to cut down on her viewing time.

Pretty happy with Aftermath at the moment, just need to get this EPG stuff sorted.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #30 on: October 5, 2016, 03:36:45 pm »
Aye. I may live to regret this.

She has said herself that she only watches TV as it's there and easy to put on in the background. She's actually quite keen to cut down on her viewing time.

Pretty happy with Aftermath at the moment, just need to get this EPG stuff sorted.

israel live add-on has a handy built in tv guide. has most of the free to air channels. loads of content on the iplayer, itv add-ons too.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 5, 2016, 04:03:38 pm »
I removed Israelive after they broke Kodi with their resolver. I won't be adding them again.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2016, 07:32:35 pm »

Anyone gone with aftermath or any of the other providers and care to give some feedback on what it's like during an EPL 3pm game? Buffering? HD?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 08:45:26 pm »
The one I'm using (Flawless on Facebook) has been outstanding.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 08:55:38 pm »

How does this work mate? Will it work on a Vu+ Duo (not version 2)?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2016, 09:07:15 pm »
They give you a link to an M3U playlist with your credentials embedded in the link. M3U works on pretty much anything. Most users are on Kodi/Android set ups but I've got it on Apple TV, Duo2 and iPad.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2016, 09:21:16 pm »
They give you a link to an M3U playlist with your credentials embedded in the link. M3U works on pretty much anything. Most users are on Kodi/Android set ups but I've got it on Apple TV, Duo2 and iPad.
Does it integrate with iVue on Kodi?

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2017, 06:37:35 am »
Following
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #38 on: March 3, 2017, 10:26:47 am »
Anyone suggest a decent IPTV supplier? Had flawless iptv for a few months but they seem to have vanished.

Got an android T95N box so would have to be compatible although I think you can get most services through android
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #39 on: May 4, 2017, 08:11:44 pm »
I wish I knew what you all are talking about as it seems amazing.
Love Ren & Stimpy