Author Topic: Philips Hue and Lighting Family  (Read 17830 times)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Philips Hue and Lighting Family
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2017, 04:47:31 pm »
Ordered another LightStrip Plus and a planning on doing this to it over the weekend to run it under the kitchen cabinets. Mine will be in four sections unlike this fella's two.

I'll let you know the result.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hue/comments/3pj9dp/successfully_split_and_extended_the_hue_light/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:57:15 pm by .adam »

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2017, 08:45:18 am »
Ordered another LightStrip Plus and a planning on doing this to it over the weekend to run it under the kitchen cabinets. Mine will be in four sections unlike this fella's two.

I'll let you know the result.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hue/comments/3pj9dp/successfully_split_and_extended_the_hue_light/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYM0RL0/ref=twister_B01N3NTQFP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2017, 07:15:20 pm »
Finally got around to abusing the dash button. Anyone familiar with powershell will find it kids play. Now to find a use for it.....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2017, 10:32:28 pm »
Got myself a starter kit from Luzerntech, 2 Lux white bulbs plus bridge for £37. Set some basic commands with my Dot. Will be getting a strip light kit for behind the TV and there is a Kodi app that matches the colours with what you are watching.

Anybody used Innr bulbs?

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2017, 10:16:38 am »
Anybody used Innr bulbs?

Yep. They're good. For a basic 'shades of white' option I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. Can't vouch for the colour changing ones.

Online lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: November 9, 2020, 09:25:58 pm »
Hi guys, Sorry for bumping this old thread, but im just trying to get my head around philips hue..

So Basicly last month i bought a hue light bar for my sons pc monitor, i then realised i needed the Hue bridge for it to work, after playing around with it, we got it looking great and matching whatever colour was on the monitor.

Now , im sinking my living room tv into a stud wall, and looking for a tv lighting strip that will work with my philips hue bridge...

just browsing the net, am i right in thinking i will need a philips hue sync box and light strip? the sync box are £230 at currys, but do i really need that? my son has the light bar on his monitor but that didnt need a sync box? why does my tv need one?

Any help much appreciated, Thankyou

Offline F412OUK

• All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2020, 04:58:15 pm »
Hi guys, Sorry for bumping this old thread, but im just trying to get my head around philips hue..

So Basicly last month i bought a hue light bar for my sons pc monitor, i then realised i needed the Hue bridge for it to work, after playing around with it, we got it looking great and matching whatever colour was on the monitor.

Now , im sinking my living room tv into a stud wall, and looking for a tv lighting strip that will work with my philips hue bridge...

just browsing the net, am i right in thinking i will need a philips hue sync box and light strip? the sync box are £230 at currys, but do i really need that? my son has the light bar on his monitor but that didnt need a sync box? why does my tv need one?

Hi, I'm looking into getting some led rgb strip lights or the Philips hue pay light bar, was hoping for some advice myself.

If I bought the Philips Hue light bars how would I sync them to my TV, so the lights match the TV lights rather than having a selected colour from the app? I've read about the HDMI sync box, but they alone cost £200+, I've found a cheaper one on ebay for about £50 (link is below) would it work with that?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gledopto-RGB-TV-Background-Strip-Light-HDMI-SYNC-Box-Kit-Color-Dimmable-Flexible/313233485525?hash=item48ee2baed5:g:xCgAAOSwz2pfbqgd

Would appreciate some help
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

Offline F412OUK

• All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2020, 04:59:04 pm »

I'm sure with a PC or MAC you can actually sync it with an app on the computer rather than a hue bridge?
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2021, 11:18:07 am »
amazon prime doing the bayonet bulbs 3 for £75, dunno if i should dive in...?
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2021, 11:22:57 am »
amazon prime doing the bayonet bulbs 3 for £75, dunno if i should dive in...?
You need to buy a hue bridge as well
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2021, 12:30:30 pm »
Ah great!

I love them
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2021, 10:25:28 pm »
Putting a hue light strip under the bed has been a revelation. Aesthetically, it looks amazing but with the added bonus of lighting the way to the bathroom for the 6am-half-asleep-piss...

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #94 on: November 4, 2021, 09:45:55 am »
Is there anyway to set up automation where if Ring doorbell senses motion, it activates a Hue bulb?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 4, 2021, 08:40:04 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill