Author Topic: Amazon Fire Stick  (Read 100566 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Amazon Fire Stick
« Reply #400 on: July 1, 2021, 03:28:06 pm »
Sorry should have said but I tried the normal stuff, I'll just live with it. Watching the cricket now and its like streaming was 20 years ago, we get spoilt by some of the streams online now which are lovely/HD etc.

Sounds like a problem their end mate,only other thing is to check that it hasn't done a fresh install of the update (app manager),doesn't sound like that but some apps do a fresh install and you then have to delete the old one.

I can get a a cheap iptv sub though if you want one,it's only cheap because of the seller,what you get is top notch and usually costs 2 to 3 times what I pay (depending on sub),drop me a pm if you're interested.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #401 on: July 15, 2021, 07:22:08 pm »
Any recommendations for an alternative to Tea TV...it's been rubbish lately and hardly ever brings any links through.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: July 16, 2021, 08:17:16 am »
I have Cinema, Cat Mouse and Bee TV which all seem fine, though I don't really use them much. I also downloaded one called Viva which seems OK but I think I had to download another video player to use it. There is also Pluto TV but I have it installed but never really used it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: July 16, 2021, 09:34:32 am »
Cinema HD gives the best links and usually the first to have them.

to be honest though you really should get yourself a real debrid account if you want the very best links,it's cheap enough and once you link it to an app you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #404 on: July 16, 2021, 12:57:07 pm »
Cinema HD gives the best links and usually the first to have them.

to be honest though you really should get yourself a real debrid account if you want the very best links,it's cheap enough and once you link it to an app you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

Yeah Cinema HD with Real Debrid is the way to go. I've been using that for a while now and it always gets you amazing links.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: September 2, 2021, 08:50:30 pm »
Got a problem with Cinema HD on mine, the quality is fantastic but the sound is always slightly out, like half a second behind what’s on the screen.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: September 2, 2021, 09:24:51 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but wondering what VPN people are using?

I’m using a built in one on the sky app some fella installed but it’s crap, cuts out constantly which means the footy goes down every 10 minutes or so.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: September 2, 2021, 11:22:35 pm »
Got a problem with Cinema HD on mine, the quality is fantastic but the sound is always slightly out, like half a second behind what’s on the screen.
You can adjust that depending on what player you use.

I use SPMC and its a 2 sec job to sort.

Used to use VLC but the last version they updated (that I used) removed the feature - or buried it away somewhere.

MX Player Pro also allows you to offset it

If it permanently offset (mine is just for certain episodes of stuff) for a certain time then you might be able to go into your TV and set an offset on that and just apply it to the source/input your stick is on.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2021, 11:32:16 pm by blert596 »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: September 2, 2021, 11:46:20 pm »

Install vlc player and make it you default,you can then sort the audio out and save the setting.

They fixed and moved it blert,you have to click the folder on the left to bring the options for audio and subtitles up now.

Only had to offset it for my bt headphones,no hassle as like you said it saves.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2021, 11:52:44 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Mr D J

• Kopite
« Reply #409 on: September 3, 2021, 09:46:41 am »

I’m using a built in one on the sky app some fella installed but it’s crap, cuts out constantly which means the footy goes down every 10 minutes or so.

Digibit,shop around for discount voucher £ 2 per month work fine with me

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: September 3, 2021, 02:55:11 pm »

I don't for streaming unless there's a block they've yet to crack.Use surfshark for phone and banking.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: September 13, 2021, 09:01:56 pm »
Has anyone had issues actually watching anything since they did the update last week?

No matter which app I try watching it takes forever (and sometimes not at all!) to load. I've reset, restarted, cleared data, cache etc but it's practically unusable
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #412 on: September 13, 2021, 09:10:58 pm »
Mine's been fine although I don't like the new layout with the smaller app buttons. Maybe I just need a bigger telly!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #413 on: September 14, 2021, 01:34:25 pm »
Has anyone had issues actually watching anything since they did the update last week?

No matter which app I try watching it takes forever (and sometimes not at all!) to load. I've reset, restarted, cleared data, cache etc but it's practically unusable

The update on some sticks seems to need a manual install, go to - My Firestick - about - update.

It downloaded on a few sticks and took up all the storage space leaving little room :( Once you do the update you should get a few GIG of space back.

HTH
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #414 on: September 14, 2021, 01:52:47 pm »
Our tv had a slightly live/hate relationship with our WiFi. Loves to cut out or buffer when we have Netflix on. Could be the wife, could be the tv and I’m too shit to know. Although all other devices don’t really have an issue so it possibly is the telly.

Would a Firestick help improve the reliability would you say? Or would it not make a difference?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #415 on: September 14, 2021, 01:59:35 pm »
Our tv had a slightly live/hate relationship with our WiFi. Loves to cut out or buffer when we have Netflix on. Could be the wife, could be the tv and I’m too shit to know. Although all other devices don’t really have an issue so it possibly is the telly.

Would a Firestick help improve the reliability would you say? Or would it not make a difference?
depends what TV you have, depends on how much memory you have used up on the TV etc, apps will probably run better on a Firestick over a Smart TV, at least they do from my experience.

Think they may still be on offer at £29.99 so £20 off
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: September 14, 2021, 02:01:00 pm »
Is the TV anywhere near the router? Most TV’s have Ethernet ports theses days so you could always try connecting via Ethernet cable first.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: September 14, 2021, 04:23:43 pm »
Could also try going into your router settings and renaming the 2 wifi bands,that way you can choose & you should choose 2.4 Ghz one,they'll both still use the same password.

Also maybe check if the tvs software/firmware has an update

As for the Stick,you would be able to sideload lots more apps than you can get for your tv & depending on the age of your tv,it would be a lot faster.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 04:26:20 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: September 14, 2021, 04:34:03 pm »
The update on some sticks seems to need a manual install, go to - My Firestick - about - update.

It downloaded on a few sticks and took up all the storage space leaving little room :( Once you do the update you should get a few GIG of space back.

HTH

A few MB.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2021, 10:20:12 am »
Is the TV anywhere near the router? Most TV’s have Ethernet ports theses days so you could always try connecting via Ethernet cable first.

Thanks. The router is stuck under the stairs as that’s where the main phone line comes in weirdly. So can’t use Ethernet.

The tv is probably about 6 years old so getting on a bit now.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #420 on: September 15, 2021, 11:23:40 am »
Thanks. The router is stuck under the stairs as that’s where the main phone line comes in weirdly. So can’t use Ethernet.

The tv is probably about 6 years old so getting on a bit now.

Cant you use power lines?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #421 on: September 15, 2021, 11:48:05 am »
Cant you use power lines?

I don’t know! Can I?

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #423 on: December 14, 2021, 09:21:54 pm »

Try getting a Internet plug in Nick and plug it in the room where the tv is.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #424 on: December 22, 2021, 07:11:21 pm »
Will having my TV connected to my router via Ethernet give a better connection for my Fire TV stick? Or does the Fire TV stick need connecting to the router directly?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: December 22, 2021, 07:17:18 pm »
Fire Stick has its own connection to your router, independent of the TV. You can get Ethernet adapters for the Fire sticks. About £13 from Amazon.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: December 22, 2021, 08:31:39 pm »
Will having my TV connected to my router via Ethernet give a better connection for my Fire TV stick? Or does the Fire TV stick need connecting to the router directly?

The wifi on them is so good that it doesn't matter.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #427 on: December 24, 2021, 03:34:05 pm »

The wifi on them is so good that it doesn't matter.
I find that mine works a lot better via ethernet.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #428 on: December 24, 2021, 03:37:53 pm »

Yeah in my old place it was so much better via Ethernet, though was def more to do with the placement of the router there than anything else. It's much closer in my new place with nothing in between so no issues.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: December 24, 2021, 04:08:00 pm »

Suppose it depends on the quality of your wifi,I've never had a problem,not even dropping connections.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #430 on: January 12, 2022, 07:11:42 pm »
Does anyone know if Firestick’s can connect to a wifi extender? Having problems with mine. Connects fine to my router but if I try and connect it to my wifi extender it says disconnected?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: January 12, 2022, 08:17:41 pm »
Does anyone know if Firestick’s can connect to a wifi extender? Having problems with mine. Connects fine to my router but if I try and connect it to my wifi extender it says disconnected?

Try using WPS

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: January 12, 2022, 11:29:04 pm »
Mine in the bedroom is connected to the extender at top of the stairs
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #433 on: January 13, 2022, 05:41:24 pm »
is your extender definitely connected to your router?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #434 on: January 14, 2022, 12:25:05 pm »
Anybody know of a simple way to cast/screen share (whatever its called these days) from a mobile phone to the fire stick?

Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 14, 2022, 01:04:01 pm »
You cast/mirror to your smart tv via you're wifi not the firestick, unless I misunderstood what you mean/want to do.
If it's a website you want to views then you can use the browser on the firestick otherwise its apps on the firestick. The way I look at it is the Firestick replaces the apps on your smart tv (YouTube, iplayer etc.).

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: January 14, 2022, 01:07:22 pm »
Anybody know of a simple way to cast/screen share (whatever its called these days) from a mobile phone to the fire stick?

If they're on the same WiFi network, go to display and audio settings, enable screen mirror (not sure exactly what it's called) then search for the firestick on your phone
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #437 on: January 14, 2022, 04:26:38 pm »
You cast/mirror to your smart tv via you're wifi not the firestick, unless I misunderstood what you mean/want to do.
If it's a website you want to views then you can use the browser on the firestick otherwise its apps on the firestick. The way I look at it is the Firestick replaces the apps on your smart tv (YouTube, iplayer etc.).

We dont have a smart TV, still running an old Samsung! I've got some apps on the firestick that dont seem to work as well as they do on mobile, HDO box being the one in question. The app works great on mobile but not so good on Firestick. What I was hoping to do was watch something on my mobile and 'cast' the screen to the firestick so it then came through on the TV.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #438 on: January 14, 2022, 04:27:08 pm »
If they're on the same WiFi network, go to display and audio settings, enable screen mirror (not sure exactly what it's called) then search for the firestick on your phone

brilliant - will give that a go.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: January 14, 2022, 04:47:16 pm »
We dont have a smart TV, still running an old Samsung! I've got some apps on the firestick that dont seem to work as well as they do on mobile, HDO box being the one in question. The app works great on mobile but not so good on Firestick. What I was hoping to do was watch something on my mobile and 'cast' the screen to the firestick so it then came through on the TV.

Some apps won't work properly on the stick unless you install a mouse pointer.