Author Topic: Amazon Fire Stick  (Read 100563 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Amazon Fire Stick
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2018, 02:02:56 pm »
Hello chaps, I'd like to get the 3pm kick-offs working for my Dad who has a firestick on the tele, never really used one before though. Usual browser streams work, or do I download aceplayer or something for it? Or does it need to be through something like Kodi?  Any help appreciated  :wave

You need to download an acestream engine and let it run once so that acestream gets all the files it wants,you also need plexus in kodi.

Not sure if this will be any help to you,looks like his way doesn't need you to download the engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuFR2ZCaDrc

Never used acesteam feeds myself but you cannot watch streams through the fs browser,for some reason they just don't work or at least the ones I tried ages ago didn't.

to be honest though you would be better off getting him an iptv sub or even just downloading him some free tv apps as they would be simpler for him to use,you can get all of those on Aptoide,if you have any problems then pm me and I will point you towards the app & a filelinked store that has them.You can download aptoide & filelinked using the downloader app.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2018, 02:19:23 pm »

You need to download an acestream engine and let it run once so that acestream gets all the files it wants,you also need plexus in kodi.

Not sure if this will be any help to you,looks like his way doesn't need you to download the engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuFR2ZCaDrc

Never used acesteam feeds myself but you cannot watch streams through the fs browser,for some reason they just don't work or at least the ones I tried ages ago didn't.

to be honest though you would be better off getting him an iptv sub or even just downloading him some free tv apps as they would be simpler for him to use,you can get all of those on Aptoide,if you have any problems then pm me and I will point you towards the app & a filelinked store that has them.You can download aptoide & filelinked using the downloader app.

thanks man!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2018, 09:47:38 pm »
So with Terrarium gone, what's a decent alternative? I was pushed in the direction of incursion, but I can never find streams on that.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2018, 10:09:31 pm »
So with Terrarium gone, what's a decent alternative? I was pushed in the direction of incursion, but I can never find streams on that.

HD Cinema

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2018, 10:10:19 pm »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/9ew0e9/terrarium_tv_alternatives_list/

freeflixhq & teatv are the closest to a terrarium clone if not quite as good.

Offline Weescotty

• Main Stander
« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2018, 06:38:07 am »
Question from an Aussie transplant here.....

Can I install Optus Sports on one?

Fed up with the crappy Screen Mirroring that the Optus Sports app has.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2018, 06:46:21 am »
Question from an Aussie transplant here.....

Can I install Optus Sports on one?

Fed up with the crappy Screen Mirroring that the Optus Sports app has.
Quick Google shows there is an apk if so you can install on the stick.

Use downloader and put in the URL for the apk and then download.

Offline Weescotty

• Main Stander
« Reply #207 on: October 3, 2018, 01:38:19 am »
Quick Google shows there is an apk if so you can install on the stick.

Use downloader and put in the URL for the apk and then download.

Cheers,
Went ahead and ordered one from eBay.
It should be here in time for Sundays game!
Noticed there is an app on the Amazon store for Optus Sports, should I use this instead?

https://www.amazon.com.au/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node%3D4749631051&field-keywords=optus
« Last Edit: October 3, 2018, 01:40:03 am by Weescotty »

Offline Weescotty

• Main Stander
« Reply #208 on: October 5, 2018, 02:33:43 am »
Update -

'App' from the Amazon store works perfectly!

Thanks for help

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 5, 2018, 08:00:47 pm »

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #210 on: October 6, 2018, 02:55:26 pm »
This comes out on Nov 14th,Quad core 1.7 GHz 4K Fire stick £49.99,comes with a new remote that costs £29.99 so the extra £10 is really for the remote.Might be time to get the Ethernet  Adaptor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079QB9BD7/ref=dp_smp_ilm_mn_lnch/259-8277912-5628556?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=detail-ilm&pf_rd_r=S4P8FQATTD2WA8M2NDNE&pf_rd_r=S4P8FQATTD2WA8M2NDNE&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=8ae2f947-91f7-4c05-b097-a9c0510331f4&pf_rd_p=8ae2f947-91f7-4c05-b097-a9c0510331f4&pf_rd_i=B06XTWLSRF

Good price to be fair. But the 8 GB storage is again nowhere near enough. Probably get about 6 GB but Kodi will eat that up in no time. I deleted everything off my current fire stick except kodi but still struggle with space.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 6, 2018, 03:47:52 pm »
Good price to be fair. But the 8 GB storage is again nowhere near enough. Probably get about 6 GB but Kodi will eat that up in no time. I deleted everything off my current fire stick except kodi but still struggle with space.

A kodi build would be massive at a total kodi and build 900mb,8 GB is more than enough for a streaming stick,having too much running at once and not clearing cache is what slows them down,not using the memory,the silk browser in it is mint at 128mb,the firefox one is basic at around 7'ish,so long as it can handle the 4K whilst running Dolby Atmos 7.1 through a soundbar it is a bargain.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 6, 2018, 03:58:48 pm »
A kodi build would be massive at a total kodi and build 900mb,8 GB is more than enough for a streaming stick,having too much running at once and not clearing cache is what slows them down,not using the memory,the silk browser in it is mint at 128mb,the firefox one is basic at around 7'ish,so long as it can handle the 4K whilst running Dolby Atmos 7.1 through a soundbar it is a bargain.

I don't have a build but on my network I have a few thousand movies and 300 ish tv shows so I'm guessing it's all the pictures etc from my kodi library. The only app I have is Global for the football  ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 6, 2018, 04:15:25 pm »
I don't have a build but on my network I have a few thousand movies and 300 ish tv shows so I'm guessing it's all the pictures etc from my kodi library. The only app I have is Global for the football  ;D

I have 1 VOD that has over 7000 films and tv shows,it's a streaming device.

I have loads of players & sideloaded apps on mine,everything I need and much more & still have a good 2GB of free space.

Streaming IPTV and playing 1080p,it performs as well as my box,I have pre-ordered a new one so will let you know what it is like,will be much faster that's for sure.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2018, 04:18:37 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #214 on: October 6, 2018, 04:29:18 pm »

TeaTV has been excellent, nice feature on the play menu is you can switch links seamless ( HQ icon)

Also goes straight to next episode if you want
« Last Edit: October 6, 2018, 05:45:12 pm by rocco »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #215 on: October 6, 2018, 04:32:28 pm »
This comes out on Nov 14th,Quad core 1.7 GHz 4K Fire stick £49.99,comes with a new remote that costs £29.99 so the extra £10 is really for the remote.Might be time to get the Ethernet  Adaptor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079QB9BD7/ref=dp_smp_ilm_mn_lnch/259-8277912-5628556?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=detail-ilm&pf_rd_r=S4P8FQATTD2WA8M2NDNE&pf_rd_r=S4P8FQATTD2WA8M2NDNE&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=8ae2f947-91f7-4c05-b097-a9c0510331f4&pf_rd_p=8ae2f947-91f7-4c05-b097-a9c0510331f4&pf_rd_i=B06XTWLSRF

Thought they would have built in a Ethernet port this time around

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 6, 2018, 05:00:45 pm »
I have 1 VOD that has over 7000 films and tv shows,it's a streaming device.

I have loads of players & sideloaded apps on mine,everything I need and much more & still have a good 2GB of free space.

Streaming IPTV and playing 1080p,it performs as well as my box,I have pre-ordered a new one so will let you know what it is like,will be much faster that's for sure.

Yeah I thought that would be the difference. I prefer to download than stream. OK cheers mate.

Just messing about trying to free up some space on my fire tv and deleted kodi by mistake  :butt

Takes ages to scan my stuff to the library. Could kick myself  ;D
« Last Edit: October 6, 2018, 05:04:31 pm by Henry Gale »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 6, 2018, 05:48:03 pm »
Yeah I thought that would be the difference. I prefer to download than stream. OK cheers mate.

Just messing about trying to free up some space on my fire tv and deleted kodi by mistake  :butt

Takes ages to scan my stuff to the library. Could kick myself  ;D

When you get a set up you like,back it up to your phone or computer using adblink,they you can fiddle away know that you can wipe and put it back on using adblink,put that same set up on as many android devices as you want.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 6, 2018, 05:49:00 pm »
Thought they would have built in a Ethernet port this time around

They've had an adapter out for ages now,so you can hard wire them.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 6, 2018, 08:12:43 pm »
When you get a set up you like,back it up to your phone or computer using adblink,they you can fiddle away know that you can wipe and put it back on using adblink,put that same set up on as many android devices as you want.

Cheers I think I need to  ;D

Whilst installing everything again on the fire tv I kept an eye on the storage space and it's not the library taking up most space it's the Aeon MQ7 skin I use. But saying that I'm all up and running again now and only used just under a gig space so still have 3.75 of 5.59GB free which seems a lot better than before.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 6, 2018, 08:24:46 pm »
Cheers I think I need to  ;D

Whilst installing everything again on the fire tv I kept an eye on the storage space and it's not the library taking up most space it's the Aeon MQ7 skin I use. But saying that I'm all up and running again now and only used just under a gig space so still have 3.75 of 5.59GB free which seems a lot better than before.

That's loads,you can pm me and I can point you towards the best free apps that you can sideload & if you have any trouble with AdbLink pm me,it's easy enough to use.

When trying out new add-ons I will sometimes have over 1gb on Kodi & so long as you get a fast build with an easy lay out to alter it runs perfect.

I'm still running on a build from nearly 2yrs ago,runs perfect as I have kept everything nice and up to date,deleting dead repos and add-ons,will have to do it all again once 18 proper is out.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2018, 08:28:55 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: October 6, 2018, 09:31:49 pm »
That's loads,you can pm me and I can point you towards the best free apps that you can sideload & if you have any trouble with AdbLink pm me,it's easy enough to use.

When trying out new add-ons I will sometimes have over 1gb on Kodi & so long as you get a fast build with an easy lay out to alter it runs perfect.

I'm still running on a build from nearly 2yrs ago,runs perfect as I have kept everything nice and up to date,deleting dead repos and add-ons,will have to do it all again once 18 proper is out.

Cheers mate I will do  :wave

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 14, 2018, 11:21:29 pm »
Not really fire stick specific but whats the best IPTV service for Prem/LaLiga/PPV now? My floorless sub is up in November but looks like they might be shutting down as I cant renew.

Dont mind paying that bit extra for something reliable

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2018, 12:18:39 am »
Not really fire stick specific but whats the best IPTV service for Prem/LaLiga/PPV now? My floorless sub is up in November but looks like they might be shutting down as I cant renew.

Dont mind paying that bit extra for something reliable

PM me mate and I will get back to you tomorrow

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2018, 05:01:34 pm »
Can you put your own films on a Fire TV / Fire Stick? When we go away to Haven and the likes I take our Apple TV, an old router and stream stuff from my iPad. It’s a bit long winded so looking for something I can plug into a TV and watch films at night.

Alternative is one of those little Android TV boxes but wondered if a Fire would do the job?

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2018, 07:32:08 pm »
Can you put your own films on a Fire TV / Fire Stick? When we go away to Haven and the likes I take our Apple TV, an old router and stream stuff from my iPad. It’s a bit long winded so looking for something I can plug into a TV and watch films at night.

Alternative is one of those little Android TV boxes but wondered if a Fire would do the job?

Don’t think the fire stick has enough storage for movies to be put on.

I have a raspberry pi set up and have taken that when we went to haven last month. Put a tv series and movies on a 32gb memory stick and it was great.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2018, 09:17:58 pm »
PM me mate and I will get back to you tomorrow
Hello mate. You told me to PM you about the IPTV for 3pm footy/la liga/ppv etc.

ta!

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #227 on: October 19, 2018, 04:49:08 pm »
TeaTV has been excellent, nice feature on the play menu is you can switch links seamless ( HQ icon)

Also goes straight to next episode if you want

I use TeaTV as well now very good and you can link it to your Trakt TV account the only thing missing I wish it would highlight the last episode you watched.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2018, 04:55:02 pm »
I use TeaTV as well now very good and you can link it to your Trakt TV account the only thing missing I wish it would highlight the last episode you watched.

Best one around now is CinemaAPK,constantly updating it and it is slowly getting as good as Terrarium was.TeaTV is ok but the quality of links isn't the best.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2018, 04:55:26 pm »
Hello mate. You told me to PM you about the IPTV for 3pm footy/la liga/ppv etc.

ta!

Didn't get the pm fella.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2018, 05:18:02 pm »
Best one around now is CinemaAPK,constantly updating it and it is slowly getting as good as Terrarium was.TeaTV is ok but the quality of links isn't the best.

I will check it out always nice to have a few encase one goes down

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2018, 05:30:29 pm »

Yes its very good and it marks the last epoisde you watched when you link to Trakt it will be my first choose one now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2018, 05:32:05 pm »
Yes its very good and it marks the last epoisde you watched when you link to Trakt it will be my first choose one now.

Marks them without linking trakt as well.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2018, 07:28:58 pm »
Anyone willing to walk me through setting up my fire stick to get all the footy? I'm the biggest idiot when it comes to tech stuff.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2018, 07:29:54 pm »
Anyone willing to walk me through setting up my fire stick to get all the footy? I'm the biggest idiot when it comes to tech stuff.

PM me and I will get back to you in the next hour.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #235 on: October 20, 2018, 06:30:27 pm »
PM me and I will get back to you in the next hour.

I managed to sort it, but thanks anyway man :)
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #236 on: October 23, 2018, 01:48:14 pm »

Cheers for this.

I added this to my IPTV box yesterday and it works great.  :wave

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2018, 10:55:57 pm »
Seconded on the cinema apk. Bettter than terrarium as far as I’m concerned.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 4, 2018, 11:54:35 am »
Anyone got an Nvidia shield? Any feedback? Thinking about replacing my first gen firetv. My daughter loves to play games so the shield is appealing even if it's more pricey than the cube etc.

Thanks.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 4, 2018, 01:48:18 pm »
Anyone got an Nvidia shield? Any feedback? Thinking about replacing my first gen firetv. My daughter loves to play games so the shield is appealing even if it's more pricey than the cube etc.

Thanks.

Get her an xbox one mate,it's not much more & if you sign up for a 1 month game pass you can fill it up with games and then take it offline,the games then continue to work until you go back online (obviously only games that don't need to be online to play).

The extra controller is also cheaper for the xbox.

A quick look and this is a great deal,2 controllers,Red Dead Redemption 2, Tekken 7 & Project Cars 2 for £229,you could get at least £45 if you sold RDR2 and £12 for Tekken.You would then have paid less than a BNIB Shield & that comes with only 1 controller.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/microsoft-xbox-one-s-dual-wireless-controllers-red-dead-redemption-2-tekken-7-project-cars-2-bundle-10187997-pdt.html

1tb as well.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2018, 02:07:29 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »