Author Topic: Outlook 2010  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
Outlook 2010
« on: June 9, 2015, 12:00:07 pm »
I've added a new account to my outlook and deleted the old one,problem is I can still see the old one in the left hand panel even though it's no longer in the email accounts?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Outlook 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 9, 2015, 12:29:50 pm »
If the old account was a POP3 account, you should be able to just right click on it in the left panel and click Close.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2015, 02:15:57 pm »
If the old account was a POP3 account, you should be able to just right click on it in the left panel and click Close.
Tried that but it's shaded grey.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 9, 2015, 03:39:29 pm »
sorted now so can be locked/deleted.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 02:47:55 pm »
How do you set up an auto reply in Outlook 2016 for a specific subject line?

So if the email has the subject of "Liverpool 2021" for example, I want to set it so that it automatically responds to the sender, but other emails with a different subject don't reply with anything.

I've looked in Rules for automatic replies and in Edit Rule there is the option

"When a message arrives that meets the following conditions:
From
Sent To
Subject
Message body"

Then

"Perform these actions:"

I put in "Liverpool 2021" in the subject field.
There's an option to reply with a template, so I enter the response I want to send.

Issue is that it then sends a response to all emails, but ones that are sent without the subject "Liverpool 2021" get a blank auto response.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:49:29 pm by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 03:04:36 pm »
How do you set up an auto reply in Outlook 2016 for a specific subject line?

So if the email has the subject of "Liverpool 2021" for example, I want to set it so that it automatically responds to the sender, but other emails with a different subject don't reply with anything.

I've looked in Rules for automatic replies and in Edit Rule there is the option

"When a message arrives that meets the following conditions:
From
Sent To
Subject
Message body"

Then

"Perform these actions:"

I put in "Liverpool 2021" in the subject field.
There's an option to reply with a template, so I enter the response I want to send.

Issue is that it then sends a response to all emails, but ones that are sent without the subject "Liverpool 2021" get a blank auto response.

Maybe add a rule to the subject again and go into advance and check 'Only items that do not match these conditions' and just make it an alert rule or whatever that won't add a reply.

So it will just process that rule alongside it.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 03:10:08 pm »
Add a second rule do you mean?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 03:19:07 pm »
Add a second rule do you mean?

Yes, and tick the "do not process subsequent rules" so it ignores the other one for those emails.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 05:26:50 pm »
Got it to work. Got someone else to try it and it worked. Updated the template. Doesn't work again. It can fuck off.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2021, 07:25:40 pm »
Is anyone else getting an error when logging into outlook?

I get

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

when I try to log on in chrome or opera but works fine on android.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2021, 07:36:55 pm »
Is anyone else getting an error when logging into outlook?

I get

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

when I try to log on in chrome or opera but works fine on android.

Who is your email provider? If it is work email, Outlook 2010 uses old protocols for authentication that aren't considerd secure for Exchange mailboxes. Possible that your work is blocking authentication using those old methods - we did the same a couple of years back at my work.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2021, 08:07:11 pm »
It was a hotmail account, I was able to log on through outlook and there was a successful log in to my account from Sweden.

It is able to show all unsuccessful log-ins and there have been 36 in the past 5 days!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2022, 02:59:37 pm »
Anyone know if there is a feature for me to flag a certain word if I type it in the body of an email?

I recently sent an email out to a customer and by force of habit had referenced my old company name instead of my new one.  Potentially very embarrassing but I think it went unnoticed by the customer.  My boss noticed and kind of laughed.  Don't worry we all make mistakes etc.

My boss may not find it so funny if it keeps happening. So now I'd basically like outlook to flag my new company name if I type it so I can see it clearly before i click send.

cheers

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2022, 04:16:56 pm »
Anyone know if there is a feature for me to flag a certain word if I type it in the body of an email?

I recently sent an email out to a customer and by force of habit had referenced my old company name instead of my new one.  Potentially very embarrassing but I think it went unnoticed by the customer.  My boss noticed and kind of laughed.  Don't worry we all make mistakes etc.

My boss may not find it so funny if it keeps happening. So now I'd basically like outlook to flag my new company name if I type it so I can see it clearly before i click send.

cheers

You could try adding an autocorrect.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-or-remove-autocorrect-entries-in-outlook-90061862-d6eb-45a9-8bfd-81ac592bb59b

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2022, 10:03:46 pm »
My latest problem is that I'm getting emails from my Amazon account, which are ending up in the junk folder. I've clicked "ALL" the links to say they are not junk but they still end up there...

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2022, 01:42:41 pm »
My latest problem is that I'm getting emails from my Amazon account, which are ending up in the junk folder. I've clicked "ALL" the links to say they are not junk but they still end up there...

Normally once you've mark an email as not junk then that should be enough, unless they're coming from several different addresses?  You could add the sender as a safe sender address within outlook.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-recipients-of-my-email-messages-to-the-safe-senders-list-be1baea0-beab-4a30-b968-9004332336ce#:~:text=To%20add%20people%20to%20your%20Safe%20Senders%20List%2C,I%20e-mail%20to%20the%20Safe%20Senders%20List%20box.