Author Topic: Virgin Media  (Read 125188 times)

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
Re: Virgin Media
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2013, 03:41:18 pm »
looks good that, does it include line rental?
Yep that's everything including line rental, the only additional cost each month would be any phone calls not covered in the package and any view on demand films/events.

To be honest I had a bit of a tiff with them over their off shore (Indian) call centre calling me a liar and saying a broadband fault was due to my equipment rather than the real reason being one of their outages so seeing as I've been with them since their Cabletel days there may be an element of wanting to keep a long standing customer reflected in my price but it won't hurt to ask them. If you don't ask then you don't get.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2013, 05:19:55 pm »
cheers tibs
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2013, 05:25:37 pm »
Virgin TV anywhere is great. Register two devices, tablets (Android coming soon), desktop, laptop, phone etc, login and watch your channels in a browser, anywhere you can get online (UK only), at no extra cost.

You don't get the HD channels unless you're a TiVo customer.

87:13

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2013, 08:58:21 pm »
Worth noting that you can't get Sky Sports on Virgin TV Anywhere on a tablet.  Laptop is ok.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2013, 06:25:00 pm »
looks good that, does it include line rental?
I've got the same deal apart from my broadband is 30 meg. Surprisingly it copes fine despite 3 users in the house.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2013, 07:05:32 pm »
Worth noting that you can't get Sky Sports on Virgin TV Anywhere on a tablet.  Laptop is ok.

What about BT sport?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2013, 10:26:53 am »
Virgin TV anywhere is great. Register two devices, tablets (Android coming soon), desktop, laptop, phone etc, login and watch your channels in a browser, anywhere you can get online (UK only), at no extra cost.

You don't get the HD channels unless you're a TiVo customer.

Just installed this on my iPad this morning. You need to have the iPad and tivo box connected to the same network to get the HD channels. Which in my opinion is a bit shit.

BT sport channels are available on it though which is happy days. Means I can work overtime on Saturday and get paid loads to watch the match.

Offline PR350

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2013, 04:54:59 pm »
Just switched to VM from Sky after chatting on the HUKD forum with a guy who works for them. I got -
1Tb Tivo - XL TV
Second HD box
60 Mb bb with new 5G router
Telephone with free evening/weekend calls etc
All for £35 a month fixed for the whole 18 month contract
Have been speedtesting the bb regularly at different times and been getting 62.5Mb down / 6.75Mb up consistantly - was getting 4.5Mb/500Kps with Sky
What a difference!

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2013, 09:04:41 pm »
Just switched to VM from Sky after chatting on the HUKD forum with a guy who works for them. I got -
1Tb Tivo - XL TV
Second HD box
Have been speedtesting the bb regularly at different times and been getting 62.5Mb down / 6.75Mb up consistantly - was getting 4.5Mb/500Kps with Sky
What a difference!

that is a bargain
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2013, 09:14:03 pm »
1Tb Tivo - XL TV
Second HD box
What a difference!

I pay a 100 quid for that. Fucking fuming,

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: October 29, 2013, 12:15:28 am »
there internet is the best when it works and i prefer the cable to the dish but there customer service is terrible there leaflet bombing is atrocious there sub contract engineers bell ends god help if anything is ever wrong

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2013, 08:54:09 am »
there internet is the best when it works and i prefer the cable to the dish but there customer service is terrible there leaflet bombing is atrocious there sub contract engineers bell ends god help if anything is ever wrong
This is why i prefer Sky. I pay a bit more but at i'm not living in fear if anything ever goes wrong!
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2013, 08:56:29 am »
1Tb Tivo - XL TV
Second HD box
What a difference!

Sounds bs to me! Line rental alone is £12 per month or so.

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2013, 09:56:12 am »
Sounds bs to me! Line rental alone is £12 per month or so.
It's not bullshit, far from it in fact. I listed my package above which totals £35 a month and that includes the line rental.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2013, 10:39:07 am »
I pay more for
Medium TV
60mb internet
free weekend calls to landlines

Sick. Well done, cracking deal you've got

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2013, 10:47:15 am »
It's not bullshit, far from it in fact. I listed my package above which totals £35 a month and that includes the line rental.

Well i'm getting on the phone as soon as my contract ends and i'm asking for parity or i'll leave. Honestly don't see how me paying 3 times that is fair, at all.

Could you post a screenshot of your bill off myvirginmedia.com?

or just copy and paste that info to here?

edit:

Talk Unlimited Extra
Free Voicemail
T V Size: X L
1 Additional V Box V HD
Monthly Fee TiVo
Monthly Fee Broadband XL (Up To 60mb)
Premiere Collection total £63.00
Phone line rentalTelephone Line Rental Phone line rental total£14.99
Premium add-onsSports 1,Sports 2 Premium add-ons total£27.25
Your package total£105.24

This is mine, doensn't matter actually, i get sports which is almost 30 quid (rip off) and unlimited phone. Still your paying 30-40 less than me if i didn't have those features. 70 less because i do.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:57:04 am by Upinsmoke »

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2013, 10:50:37 am »

He has XL TV, a second HD box, 1gb tivo - bit of a difference.

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2013, 11:06:20 am »
He has XL TV, a second HD box, 1gb tivo - bit of a difference.
Of course it's a difference it a different package!

My response was in reply to your comment that their package was bullshit because it didn't include line rental. If you speak to VM and push them they'll do a deal that includes line rental in the overall cost.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2013, 11:14:04 am »
Of course it's a difference it a different package!

My response was in reply to your comment that their package was bullshit because it didn't include line rental. If you speak to VM and push them they'll do a deal that includes line rental in the overall cost.

Yeah sorry I was just pointing out that £35 for all that seemed a bit dodgy considering Line rental is £14.50, Tivo is £5, extra HD box £5 etc.

The major costs are sports/movies - £35 for just those 2 packages!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2013, 11:16:03 am »
I pay a 100 quid for that. Fucking fuming,

Indeed. I'd be stunned if they gave it for £35.

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2013, 11:19:35 am »
Could you post a screenshot of your bill off myvirginmedia.com?

or just copy and paste that info to here?
Sure no problem, my package is listed above (reply #162) but here's a screen shot showing the base package cost which I then get a £5.60 a month discount off making my normal bill with no out of package phone call sor on demand stuff a total of £35.00 and it INCLUDES the line rental:

And the last bill which included £5.27 worth of calls to the 0845 DWP phone line:

Edit: I was also getting ESPN HD and then BTSport HD free for the last 2 years as I pushed them for some compensation following a customer service issue I had with them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:25:10 am by Terry_Tibbs »

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2013, 11:30:48 am »
Cool, can't view them in work but will have a look when i get in. Might give me some leverage when i'm on the phone with them to say look, this is an example of what poeple are getting, why can;t i get some of that?

Thanks again  :wave

Offline PR350

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2013, 01:41:18 pm »
Didn't mean to pi55 ppl off so sorry and I can assure you I was a sceptical as the next person, but I only got it because I was a brand new customer to VM and the guy I initially spoke to was a sales guy who put it through for me as a "friends and family" deal - his choice I didn't ask for it. Apparently the way they did it was to set me up with each service individually and then discount it. The proper price of my package should be £75 but the discounts add up to £30. Also, initially it was only the 500Gb TiVo and I did say I didn't want the second box, but they changed the TiVo box themselves and included the second box anyway - who was I to argue?
I'll re-iterate that this was only because I was a new customer (and probably because I was switching from Sky to be honest)
Not had a bill from them yet, but I have it in writing that it is the same price over 18 months - will keep you posted as to the bullsh1t factor if it materialises if you want?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2013, 12:06:34 pm »
Didn't mean to pi55 ppl off so sorry and I can assure you I was a sceptical as the next person, but I only got it because I was a brand new customer to VM and the guy I initially spoke to was a sales guy who put it through for me as a "friends and family" deal - his choice I didn't ask for it. Apparently the way they did it was to set me up with each service individually and then discount it. The proper price of my package should be £75 but the discounts add up to £30. Also, initially it was only the 500Gb TiVo and I did say I didn't want the second box, but they changed the TiVo box themselves and included the second box anyway - who was I to argue?
I'll re-iterate that this was only because I was a new customer (and probably because I was switching from Sky to be honest)
Not had a bill from them yet, but I have it in writing that it is the same price over 18 months - will keep you posted as to the bullsh1t factor if it materialises if you want?

I'm a new customer and got nothing like what you were offered. You have everything? Movies, Sports etc?

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2013, 12:07:54 pm »

Yeah so friends and family - he basically did something he shouldn't, probably needed 1 more commission or something. Dodgy as hell getting that applied when you aren't.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #185 on: November 1, 2013, 03:53:30 pm »
just got email from virgin saying that the free anti virus software they provide is being replaced with F secure and that I'll get a couple of months free. Then there will be a quarterly charge. So my question is what's the best free antivirus software going....cheers all
« Last Edit: November 1, 2013, 03:56:15 pm by pazcom »
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 1, 2013, 05:53:55 pm »

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: November 1, 2013, 08:38:48 pm »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2013, 07:53:15 pm »
I've just logged onto myvirginmedia.com to see a message from them saying they'll be upgrading my broadband service from 60mb to 100mb some time between March & July next year, they claim it's a free upgrade but I strongly suspect their prices will be rising sooner rather than later, still it's a nice little increase.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #189 on: November 11, 2013, 08:02:52 pm »
I've just logged onto myvirginmedia.com to see a message from them saying they'll be upgrading my broadband service from 60mb to 100mb some time between March & July next year, they claim it's a free upgrade but I strongly suspect their prices will be rising sooner rather than later, still it's a nice little increase.
Mine says it'll increased from 30 to 50 between July & December 2014. Hope to see a difference but you rarely do.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2013, 08:07:58 pm »
Mine says increase from 60 to 100mb between July and December 2014

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2013, 01:04:18 pm »
Mine just says -  Hold onto your hats - faster broadband is coming your way. And it gives me the option of pre registering. No mention of it being free though.

I took my package out in May, and since then I haven't used the tivo box what so ever. Any chance they would remove it from my package? I'm on an 18month contract

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2013, 02:46:36 pm »
With one hand they giveth and with the other hand they taketh: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24911042

VM broadband prices to rise by 6.7% from Feb 2014.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2013, 04:52:48 pm »
Pretty sure my 18 month contract runs out in April 14. Does that mean I can get out of it early if I dont want the upgrade? Might see if I can get a better deal with them before staying, as Sky BB is shit in my area.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2013, 09:00:46 pm »
Tivo has netflix now! Boss!

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2013, 10:24:22 pm »

Just stumbled upon Virgin anywhere. What's the streaming quality like? Looking forward to scrounging off my parent's sky sports for the cricket on my night shifts
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2013, 07:41:01 pm »
Just stumbled upon Virgin anywhere. What's the streaming quality like? Looking forward to scrounging off my parent's sky sports for the cricket on my night shifts

It's fine. For the first few months it just didn't work but they seem to have it pretty stable now.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #197 on: November 20, 2013, 08:42:33 pm »
Works best for me immediately after start up or rebooting. After the laptop has been on for a while or been put to 'sleep' a few times, it tends to buffer a bit more.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2013, 06:11:38 pm »
Just got a letter off virgin saying my bill is going up by a fiver from 1st of feb, that'll put my bill at 110 a month, think i'm gonna swerve them when my contract is up, which is around february anyway. There's no value in it. I'll keep the broadband but nothing else i don't think. Might see what sky can offer, otherwise just use netflix and stream the sport and stick to freeview.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2013, 07:50:01 pm »
Same week they told me my bill was going up by a fiver, the fuckers block ProjectFreeTV. Gah!