Author Topic: New Kits Thread  (Read 1002866 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: New Kits Thread
« Reply #7840 on: June 2, 2021, 10:12:05 am »
I like the Swedish ones. Some of those template Puma away kits are shocking though.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7841 on: June 2, 2021, 10:24:56 am »
France away is nice but it's basically the new Spurs shirt isn't it? It's still better than the England one though.

Germany and Turkey are probably my favourites, and I always love a Croatia shirt. Wales home, Russia away and Sweden away are smart too, I like those cuffs on the Adidas shirt sleeves.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7842 on: June 2, 2021, 03:20:11 pm »
France away is nice but it's basically the new Spurs shirt isn't it? It's still better than the England one though.

Germany and Turkey are probably my favourites, and I always love a Croatia shirt. Wales home, Russia away and Sweden away are smart too, I like those cuffs on the Adidas shirt sleeves.

The Spurs new shirt is the France away  ;D, they were designed a year or so ago before this Spurs one  ;D

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7843 on: June 2, 2021, 03:28:24 pm »
What the hell were Puma thinking with some of those away kits?

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7844 on: June 2, 2021, 03:54:24 pm »
Parma 2021 BLM kit

That is pretty cool. Listened to an interview with the new owner who seems pretty switched on. Would be great to see Parma doing well again.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7845 on: June 2, 2021, 03:58:02 pm »
Euro 2020 kit rankings: Rating and slating all 48 shirts at the European Championships

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/euro-2020-kits-ranked-rated-24191528.amp?

The Puma kits are shite
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #7846 on: June 2, 2021, 04:10:50 pm »
Euro 2020 kit rankings: Rating and slating all 48 shirts at the European Championships

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/euro-2020-kits-ranked-rated-24191528.amp?

How is that Italy shirt on number one? It looks like it's made out of the stuff they used to use for Hugh Hefner's bathrobes just dyed blue or something that was supposed to become a curtain...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7847 on: June 2, 2021, 04:52:18 pm »
To me the best shirt is Holland away, followed by Portugal's home shirt.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7848 on: June 3, 2021, 02:08:24 pm »
Portugal's home shirt is the best of the lot. Great colour, clean lines. The problem with a lot of kits is that there are too many embedded designs that take away simplicity in order to make it more difficult for jarg shirt manufacturers. Austria and Ukraine's shirts would look better without circles and squares on them.

Others that are good Denmark (home), Poland (away) and France (home)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #7849 on: June 4, 2021, 05:42:19 pm »
Not being biased but love the Wales home kit

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7850 on: June 4, 2021, 06:53:55 pm »
Not being biased but love the Wales home kit

Quite like the away one too. Must be into yellow because the Sweden home one is lovely too. Ukraine’s is a bit Sports Direct though.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7851 on: June 4, 2021, 07:42:15 pm »
How is that Italy shirt on number one? It looks like it's made out of the stuff they used to use for Hugh Hefner's bathrobes just dyed blue or something that was supposed to become a curtain...

yeah no idea why that is 1!  Also the Scotland one that is at 4 isn’t up to much either - even though Adidas have the best kits in this.

Those Puma ones with the country names are just ridiculous.

I actually really like Finland one with the cross. Love the Sweden away. Love the Denmark one too.  Wales home is very cool, away is ok. Germany away one is great too, those are the best for me.

The Austria one, is far too Arsenal. Portugal away gets the prize for the worst one.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7852 on: June 4, 2021, 08:50:18 pm »
yeah no idea why that is 1!  Also the Scotland one that is at 4 isn’t up to much either - even though Adidas have the best kits in this.

Those Puma ones with the country names are just ridiculous.

I actually really like Finland one with the cross. Love the Sweden away. Love the Denmark one too.  Wales home is very cool, away is ok. Germany away one is great too, those are the best for me.

The Austria one, is far too Arsenal. Portugal away gets the prize for the worst one.

I somehow convinced myself that it was actually a Wolves kit from this season.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7853 on: June 4, 2021, 09:01:39 pm »
Portugal away gets the prize for the worst one.
England away is surely 10x worse. Can see loads of those England yobs wearing that whilst doing Nazi salutes

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7854 on: June 4, 2021, 09:17:07 pm »
Wales home kit is nice, but when i see it, it reeks of Kansas City Chiefs NFL jersey.

Wales

« Last Edit: June 4, 2021, 09:24:38 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7855 on: June 5, 2021, 11:19:19 am »
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but that Puma template that is being used for a lot of next seasons away kits and at the Euros might be the worst football kit template I've ever seen.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7856 on: June 5, 2021, 12:28:09 pm »
Yeah that Wales kit looks gorgeous
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7857 on: June 5, 2021, 10:02:37 pm »
Wales kit might have been better if the gold/orange bits were green

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but that Puma template that is being used for a lot of next seasons away kits and at the Euros might be the worst football kit template I've ever seen.

Yep. Horrific

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #7858 on: June 9, 2021, 12:33:16 am »
Ipswich Town 21/22 (Ed Sheeran Tour sponsor)

🔥97🔥

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #7859 on: June 9, 2021, 12:41:37 am »
Denmark 3rd kit

🔥97🔥

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7860 on: June 9, 2021, 12:47:27 am »

^ Beautiful shirt, that.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7861 on: June 9, 2021, 01:21:02 am »
Ipswich Town 21/22 (Ed Sheeran Tour sponsor)

What's with the three stars above the crest?

That's a nice shirt. The sponsor looks awful, but they do on virtually every shirt anyway.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7862 on: June 9, 2021, 01:35:08 am »
What's with the three stars above the crest?

One for each of the 3 trophies they've won mate; First Division Title in 1962, FA Cup in 1978, and the UEFA Cup in 1981 (or '82?).
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7863 on: June 9, 2021, 02:00:23 am »
One for each of the 3 trophies they've won mate; First Division Title in 1962, FA Cup in 1978, and the UEFA Cup in 1981 (or '82?).
Thanks.  :thumbup

The UEFA Cup win was 1980-81. I just looked their honours list up after seeing your post. I remember the days Ipswich were a tough prospect.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7864 on: June 9, 2021, 11:07:39 am »
Love that Denmark third shirt.

Was hoping the Ipswich shirt would have Ed Sheeran's name right across it. ;D It's a nice clean Adidas shirt though.

Can we have stars on ours for everything we've won please? ;D Kind of like a Boy Scout with 50-odd badges down his sleeves. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7865 on: June 9, 2021, 11:20:09 am »
Love that Denmark third shirt.

Was hoping the Ipswich shirt would have Ed Sheeran's name right across it. ;D It's a nice clean Adidas shirt though.

Can we have stars on ours for everything we've won please? ;D Kind of like a Boy Scout with 50-odd badges down his sleeves. ;D

Long sleeves would be mandatory for all the players.

Denmark 3rd kit is nice but when could they wear it, assuming their home kit clashed with someone else?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7866 on: June 9, 2021, 11:38:26 am »

It would look like this but front and back.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #7867 on: June 9, 2021, 01:27:13 pm »
Denmark 3rd kit

If you’re gonna do red on red, that is how you do it Nike. Not salmon on red!

I know the club has done a few blackout shirts now but would love to see an all blood red concept. Deep red shirts with red Liverbird and red swoosh and SC logo.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7868 on: June 9, 2021, 01:34:34 pm »
I like the Danish shirt in principle, but I think the badge (at least the writing) should have been a different colour (white would be my suggestion). As it is, you might as well not bother putting the badge up there as it's barely noticeable...

Offline The Last Known Survivor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7869 on: June 9, 2021, 01:41:15 pm »
Is that not the idea?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7870 on: June 9, 2021, 01:47:00 pm »
Is that not the idea?

I assumed it was. It's a blood red shirt. My gripe is I would have preferred if they kept same colour/style rather than split in two

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7871 on: June 9, 2021, 01:55:53 pm »
Is that not the idea?

Could be. I'm just no a fan of it. To me, the badge on the shirt is the most important thing. You're playing for Denmark or whatever team it is and you should be proud of that not trying to "hide" the badge by making it barely visible...

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7872 on: June 9, 2021, 07:24:59 pm »
If you’re gonna do red on red, that is how you do it Nike. Not salmon on red!

I know the club has done a few blackout shirts now but would love to see an all blood red concept. Deep red shirts with red Liverbird and red swoosh and SC logo.
Yes, that's a good way to do do red on red. I don't particularly like the pinstripes as I find them jarring, bit the colour scheme itself is good.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #7873 on: June 14, 2021, 10:32:43 am »

Aberdeen FC 2021-22 Home Shirt.
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7874 on: June 15, 2021, 10:48:12 pm »

I imagine a lot of people will hate this, but I don't really have an issue with it. Should certain teams follow their own kit formula more than others? I remember when Inter experimented and had a mostly black shirt with blue pin stripes (14-15 for reference), and I hated it. The idea of not having blue and black stripes of an equalish width on an Inter kit still strikes me as fundamentally wrong. I don't think that's a great Barca shirt by any means, but I also don't think it's so offensively opposed to what a Barca shirt should be. They've had enough variation (stripes, hoops, halves etc) in the past.

Shorts are a bit crap like.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #7875 on: June 15, 2021, 10:49:59 pm »
I imagine a lot of people will hate this, but I don't really have an issue with it. Should certain teams follow their own kit formula more than others? I remember when Inter experimented and had a mostly black shirt with blue pin stripes (14-15 for reference), and I hated it. The idea of not having blue and black stripes of an equalish width on an Inter kit still strikes me as fundamentally wrong. I don't think that's a great Barca shirt by any means, but I also don't think it's so offensively opposed to what a Barca shirt should be. They've had enough variation (stripes, hoops, halves etc) in the past.

Shorts are a bit crap like.

Quite like the shirt really - they've had a go at something a bit different and there's a clear logic to it.

Shorts are indeed a bit crap, though.  Absolutely terrible, actually!

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7876 on: June 15, 2021, 10:57:20 pm »
Quite like the shirt really - they've had a go at something a bit different and there's a clear logic to it.

Shorts are indeed a bit crap, though.  Absolutely terrible, actually!

For obvious reasons, teams who wear stripes seem to need to experiment more than teams without. For whatever reason, I think Barca get away with it a bit more than Inter, Milan or Juve.

Just read somewhere that UEFA almost certainly won't let them wear those shorts though! Didn't United have a similar problem with the shorts they had for their away kit last season? Makes you wonder why the manufacturers bother to do anything weird with them at all.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #7877 on: June 15, 2021, 11:03:52 pm »
For obvious reasons, teams who wear stripes seem to need to experiment more than teams without. For whatever reason, I think Barca get away with it a bit more than Inter, Milan or Juve.

Just read somewhere that UEFA almost certainly won't let them wear those shorts though! Didn't United have a similar problem with the shorts they had for their away kit last season? Makes you wonder why the manufacturers bother to do anything weird with them at all.

Perhaps to make them "limited edition" and add a tenner to the price tag ;D

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #7878 on: June 15, 2021, 11:52:27 pm »

Aberdeen FC 2021-22 Home Shirt.

Decent shirt, as usual.  Pity what’s going to be wearing it on the pitch will be shyte, as usual.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7879 on: June 16, 2021, 10:23:10 am »

That's just typical of the dickheads who design the kits, first and foremost its a footy kit, not a fashion item
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA