The Liverpool FC Forum > Opinion

The John W Henry Interview - Part One

<< < (3/39) > >>

Stussy:

Well in, VdM.

Appreciate him answering the questions.

hoonin:
Well done all involved and encouraging to see Mr Henry engaging with the man on the street. :)

Very much looking forward to seeing how NESV reconstitute the top end of the club and also how their promise of being "smart" translates into player recruitment.

Veinticinco de Mayo:

--- Quote from: shanks_legend on October 29, 2010, 11:54:01 pm ---This is no slight on Mr Henry or NESV, but I find it staggering that theres no contractual obligations stopping them from at some point in the future, loading the aquisition debt back onto the club.

--- End quote ---

I think that the point he was making is that to do so would be counterproductive as it would mean that the club was once again unable to compete.  If the club cannot compete then it will not make the most of the commercial opportunities and will not accrue in value in the way that they would like (or the way the Redsox have for instance).  In short it is in their own best interest not to do so.

Mad Men:
VDM,

Thanks for getting the questions to the owner...it's good to see he is being pro-active and making an effort to reply. In all honesty, most wouldn't bother but he did and that is brilliant of him to do so.

Stussy:

--- Quote from: shanks_legend on October 29, 2010, 11:54:01 pm ---This is no slight on Mr Henry or NESV, but I find it staggering that theres no contractual obligations stopping them from at some point in the future, loading the aquisition debt back onto the club.

--- End quote ---

He says that NESV purchased the club with cash. Presumably, that means there is no acquisition debt, as such.

Also, it would go against the model with which they are trying to grow the club.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version