Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 79281 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Headphones
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2019, 05:31:04 pm »
What are the best wireless headphones on the market?

Read good things about Sony WH-1000XM3 and Sennheiser Momentum.

Anything better than them?

What Hi-Fi have the Momentums ahead of the XM3s,it really depends on your budget.

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/sennheiser-momentum-wireless
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2019, 07:10:49 pm »
Can anyone recommend a cheaper option to the wireless Apple AirPods? Budgeting around £50, I know this won’t give me much choice

I’ve got some soundpeats. They are good and only cost around 30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphone-Automatic-Isolation-Luxury-Black/dp/B07P1T5P97/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=soundpeats+true+wireless+headphones&qid=1573758672&sprefix=soundpeats&sr=8-2

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2019, 04:25:17 pm »
My Beyerdynamic Byron in-ear headphones stopped working recently, after a year of use.  They don't make that model anymore, so I bought their newer replacement model (Byrds).  The sound just isn't as good - really harsh, thin high-end, with none of the warmth or richness of the Byrons.  Gutted  :-\  I hate it when companies discontinue a product and release an inferior one in its place.

Guess I'll be looking for a new in-ear headphone!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2019, 04:28:42 pm »
Bowers & Wilkins recently released first two models of wireless in-ears, if high quality sound and imperious build quality are high on your list and burning money is no issue. They do make great products, I have P5 wireless ones and they have changed experience of music for me.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2019, 05:36:22 pm »
Bowers & Wilkins recently released first two models of wireless in-ears, if high quality sound and imperious build quality are high on your list and burning money is no issue. They do make great products, I have P5 wireless ones and they have changed experience of music for me.
Cheers - I’ll check them out

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2019, 12:55:36 pm »
Any recommendation for some over ear phones for my lad. Ex wants to get him Beats wireless Bluetoothe ones as below

https://www.johnlewis.com/beats-studio-wireless-bluetooth-over-ear-headphones-with-pure-adaptive-noise-cancelling-mic-remote-grey/p4794142

Happy enough with them, but wondering if anyone has any experience of them, or can recommend better

Ta
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2019, 03:24:51 pm »
Any recommendation for some over ear phones for my lad. Ex wants to get him Beats wireless Bluetoothe ones as below

https://www.johnlewis.com/beats-studio-wireless-bluetooth-over-ear-headphones-with-pure-adaptive-noise-cancelling-mic-remote-grey/p4794142

Happy enough with them, but wondering if anyone has any experience of them, or can recommend better

Ta

In my experience Beats are absolutely dogshit compared to Sony

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/over-ear-headphones/sony-wh-1000xm3-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones-black~c11489~p8703764/?exta=cjunct&AID=13648249&CJEVENT=ba518856112911ea83c001340a180514

They are the best you can buy at the minute and that is the best price I have seen them at. All in my opinion of course

Beats are popular though, especially with younger lads so would probably be the more popular present

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 4, 2019, 07:00:28 pm »
In my experience Beats are absolutely dogshit compared to Sony

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/over-ear-headphones/sony-wh-1000xm3-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones-black~c11489~p8703764/?exta=cjunct&AID=13648249&CJEVENT=ba518856112911ea83c001340a180514

They are the best you can buy at the minute and that is the best price I have seen them at. All in my opinion of course

Beats are popular though, especially with younger lads so would probably be the more popular present

Thanks mate. I'm looking at the Sony's for myself now  :) The recommendations for them are very good.

Managed to subtly interrogate my lad and pretty sure he favours the beats. To be honest he mainly uses them for listening to YouTube footy stuff so nothing high quality - although he has them attached permanently.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #208 on: January 3, 2020, 08:36:32 pm »
No point starting a new thread for this.

When connecting my iPhone to my car stereo, is there any difference in terms of sound quality between an AUX cable and a standard iPhone lightning cable?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #209 on: January 3, 2020, 08:59:33 pm »
No point starting a new thread for this.

When connecting my iPhone to my car stereo, is there any difference in terms of sound quality between an AUX cable and a standard iPhone lightning cable?
Lightning cable will certainly be stereo.  Aux might only be mono (but I can’t remember)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 4, 2020, 10:42:34 am »
What are the best wireless headphones on the market?

Read good things about Sony WH-1000XM3 and Sennheiser Momentum.

Anything better than them?

I’m a massive sennheiser fan so am biased... still, I went for the Sonys. Not much in it, mind.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #211 on: January 4, 2020, 11:24:58 am »
I just got the Sony WF-1000XM3 wireless earbuds and could not be more chuffed!

Fantastic. They even upgraded the firmware for the slightly dumb problems most reviews mention (controlling volume on the buds 'emself)

For wireless cans I recommend Audio-Technica ATH-M50XBT - can use them wired too, there's a 5mm jack.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2020, 05:53:58 pm »
Can anyone recommend a pair of wireless earphones for running? Not long distances, no more than an hour or so of running.

I take my headphones with me atm but I don’t want to damage them, or get them too sweaty.

I don’t want to spend loads, maybe £50-£100.

EDIT: I am deaf in one ear. So sound would be the biggest thing for me - they would need to be loud, especially when outside.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:58:41 pm by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Offline blert596

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2020, 10:30:50 pm »

Fantastic. They even upgraded the firmware for the slightly dumb problems most reviews mention (controlling volume on the buds 'emself)

For wireless cans I recommend Audio-Technica ATH-M50XBT - can use them wired too, there's a 5mm jack.

I got a pair of these with the money I didn't spend when on holiday. Loving them. The noise cancelling is excellent indoors. Outdoors there's still a bit of wind rush that gets through, which becomes annoying as become so used to having pretty much near no background noise.

I'd love to get earbuds that actually mould to your earshape completely.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: January 24, 2020, 11:31:19 pm »
I got a pair of these with the money I didn't spend when on holiday. Loving them. The noise cancelling is excellent indoors. Outdoors there's still a bit of wind rush that gets through, which becomes annoying as become so used to having pretty much near no background noise.

Can't you get acorn shaped plug in ones?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intempo-EE1740NBLKSTKEU-Travel-Earphones-Carry-Black/dp/B07DRRSYK5/ref=sr_1_8?hvadid=80607977831546&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=plug%2Bin%2Bearphones&qid=1579908545&sr=8-8&th=1
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2020, 09:06:28 am »

Aye, wasn't expecting the noise cancelling to be all that but generally it is boss. Turning noise cancelling on / off, or pausing the tunes with a little tap on the side, is great  :)

The best fitting earbuds I've ever had were with Etymotic Research headphones - they come with a load of different types, but my fav was the foam ones you squeeze tight, put in your ear and it expands inside. Wonder why more companies don't rip off that idea??

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2020, 09:29:45 am »
I currently use the Razer Hammerhead BT for everyday use, they look like black airpods, really good and fit great with the silicone cover on. The price is also great for what they are at £99 considering the airpods pro which they are comparable to are like double the price.

For travel I use the Sony WH1000XM3 and honestly, nothing comes close to them, so so comfortable and the noise cancelling is great on airplanes, they are pricey though but thoroughly recommend.

Offline the oxonian

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2020, 07:52:14 am »

For travel I use the Sony WH1000XM3 and honestly, nothing comes close to them, so so comfortable and the noise cancelling is great on airplanes, they are pricey though but thoroughly recommend.

Got these for my holiday , was a bit worried as reviews said the bass wasnt all that, but they are superb, especially for flights

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #218 on: February 6, 2020, 06:45:01 am »
Just bought these, had to replace my BOSE soundsport wireless earbuds after breaking the charging case, got to say they are outstanding. The BOSE were very good but these Sony earbuds are even better again.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #219 on: February 7, 2020, 11:21:48 am »

I second that emotion

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 7, 2020, 02:15:09 pm »
Just bought these, had to replace my BOSE soundsport wireless earbuds after breaking the charging case, got to say they are outstanding. The BOSE were very good but these Sony earbuds are even better again.
mine were great until my son dropped them in his breakfast cereal
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline blert596

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 7, 2020, 02:33:59 pm »
mine were great until my son dropped them in his breakfast cereal

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 7, 2020, 04:50:39 pm »
Just ordered a pair of the WH1000XM3's

Last good headphones I had were a pair of Sony MDR 1's about 5 years back but I left that on my PS4 like a twat and the inner material got all fucked and horrible.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 8, 2020, 05:25:44 am »
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 9, 2020, 10:33:55 am »

Last good headphones I had were a pair of Sony MDR 1's about 5 years back but I left that on my PS4 like a twat and the inner material got all fucked and horrible.

They just got me through 4 12-hour days of house painting this week. For that, they’ll ever be my favourite headphones.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 9, 2020, 07:49:12 pm »

Spent most of yesterday wearing these and this evening. Going through my old trance songs, it's like hearing them for the first time all over again. My tinnitus will make me pay for it soon but fuck it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2020, 01:03:18 pm »
I have always used the Apple in ear headphones, but my left ear has recently become really sore when I have them in, its a really sharp pain when I put them on or take them off. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, is there anyway of rectifying it or is it just a case of getting better earphones?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2020, 01:09:47 pm »
Plantronics 8200 UC

Pretty good. Even better for free ;)
W

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2020, 06:10:15 pm »
I have always used the Apple in ear headphones, but my left ear has recently become really sore when I have them in, its a really sharp pain when I put them on or take them off. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, is there anyway of rectifying it or is it just a case of getting better earphones?
do you push them in quite a bit so they stay in, if so get some like the Powerbeats with the hook around the ear

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2020, 07:57:27 pm »
do you push them in quite a bit so they stay in, if so get some like the Powerbeats with the hook around the ear

I do push them in, otherwise they just fall out. But its only one ear I'm having trouble with. I may try the hook ones just to see if I can get used to them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2020, 09:57:09 pm »
If you want just some over ear phones for music, tv..pc whatever.. i just cannot fault these at all.... sub £40  8)
had these a while now, light, i sided cable 3M & great sound..  :wave   i use for late night movies or music..
AKG K92

https://www.richersounds.com/headphones/all-headphones/akg-over-ear-closed-back-headphones.html
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2020, 10:39:30 pm »
After a pair of overhead wireless ones for train commute.

Want good build quality and battery life.

I have B and W wired ones for home that are boss but they wireless ones are expensive.

Any recommendations? Budget ideally 50 quid
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2020, 10:56:52 pm »
After a pair of overhead wireless ones for train commute.

Want good build quality and battery life.

I have B and W wired ones for home that are boss but they wireless ones are expensive.

Any recommendations? Budget ideally 50 quid

You can pick up a pair of refurb Sony MDR-xbs' for anywhere from £25-35,good sound and 30+hrs battery life.I got a pair of 650bt for when I'm in the garden,washing the car etc and they're spot on,fit nice & have a quality sound that I didn't expect them to have for the price.

Don't be put off with buying a refurbished pair off ebay as they look like new and are half the price of a new pair,you could've bought my pair from Currys and had no idea that they were refurbished.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-and-headphones/headphones/headphones/sony-mdr-xb650bt-extra-bass-wireless-bluetooth-headphones-black-10145294-pdt.html

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: June 6, 2020, 11:35:37 am »
I've managed to make my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones even better!

Bought a set of new foam tips. Used to use foam on my old headphones; basically you squeeze the tips when you put them in, and after a few seconds they expand in your ear for an airtight seal.

Got these off Amazon, they work perfectly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00THKPSAG

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: June 7, 2020, 09:47:02 pm »

Don't know if you actually sorted this, Apple used to kill my ears and be very quiet, got these covers and it sorted both issues

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HG7PC4T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 12, 2020, 07:44:27 pm »
Currently looking at getting some new headphones. I've always used wired headphones/earphones but I'm contemplating getting some wireless ones.

I'm just wondering if there is a difference in the sound, bass or just general quality between wired and wireless headphones?

I saw some Sony MDR-XB650BT's on display in PC World at weekend but they didn't have any in stock.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: July 12, 2020, 08:23:37 pm »
Currently looking at getting some new headphones. I've always used wired headphones/earphones but I'm contemplating getting some wireless ones.

I'm just wondering if there is a difference in the sound, bass or just general quality between wired and wireless headphones?

I saw some Sony MDR-XB650BT's on display in PC World at weekend but they didn't have any in stock.

Great headphones for the price & much cheaper off ebay if you're willing to get refurb/returns,mine were new with just a small tear in the box & they still hold over 30hrs of playback charge after nearly 2yrs of use.

You won't notice any drop in sound quality with headphones in that price bracket & mine haven't dropped the BT connection once.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 08:31:24 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: July 12, 2020, 08:38:38 pm »
Apparently you can hear some difference if your headphones are top notch and you listen to high bitrate audio. Day to day Spotify streaming and podcasts on midrange headphones - no difference.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2020, 11:19:36 pm »

Great headphones for the price & much cheaper off ebay if you're willing to get refurb/returns,mine were new with just a small tear in the box & they still hold over 30hrs of playback charge after nearly 2yrs of use.

You won't notice any drop in sound quality with headphones in that price bracket & mine haven't dropped the BT connection once.

Thanks! I'll have a look on ebay and see what I can find. Failing that, I'm happy to buy new.

Apparently you can hear some difference if your headphones are top notch and you listen to high bitrate audio. Day to day Spotify streaming and podcasts on midrange headphones - no difference.

I was hoping that might be the case. I appreciate the info!

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: July 13, 2020, 06:33:23 pm »
Has anybody used the Sony WH-XB900N headphones before?

I'm trying to justify paying £159 for them instead of £58 for the Sony MDR-XB450BT headphones. I'm just wondering if the extra £100 is worth it.