Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 79292 times)

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Headphones
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2016, 12:14:24 pm »
Bought a pair of QC35s a few months back as I had quite a few flights coming up and had just bought the iphone 7 with lack of earphone jack - forced me to think wireless. They're amazing. It's a bit eery when they turn on and flush a decent amount of background noise out... and then, the sound quality. I'd heard bad things about Bose in terms of sound quality, but these are actually very good across the range. And to top it off - wireless technology. Not sure how I mucked about with wires all that time!

Great purchase.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2016, 05:23:47 pm »
For noise cancelling cans and not in ear ones, I use some gaming logitech blue surround earphones. They've been cheap on Amazon. Might sound odd with how much I've gone into detail about my in ear ones, but they're ace and worth a look.

Closes completely over the ear and a nice balance
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:26:06 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2016, 09:41:47 am »
Anyone tried/owned AKG Y50BT on ear headphones. There are £99.99 at richer sounds and the reviews seem good- wondered if anyone could recommend them?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #163 on: December 28, 2016, 04:51:10 pm »
Got these half bat before xmas.
Boss for the price i got them for (£35)

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5529445
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 04:53:51 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #164 on: December 28, 2016, 06:44:28 pm »
Need some budget earphones, a step up on the standard earphones you get with an IPod etc. Need something durable as a lot of my previous ones seem to break in months. Budget £20 max.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2016, 01:07:03 pm »
Long-time Bose-er here. Been through a decent (three, I think) amount of pairs of QC15's and more recently 25's. Think people were sniffy about the sound quality because it was always a fairly neutral, vanilla listening experience (certainly on the 15s - the 25s are a bit more expansive). That never mattered to me as you can always tweak the output of your player.

Some of the reviews say you can get better sound for your money; whilst that might be true, I would contest that you can't get better noise cancellation for the price - certainly not for over ear cans. They were an absolute godsend when I was flying to and from Asia for work every couple of weeks.

Yeah the noise cancelling is unparalleled. On a plane it's a godsend as well. I think the sound quality of these new ones is awesome though. They're genuinely very good and sound like they're getting really good reviews too when it comes to the sound.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2016, 05:52:01 pm »
Long-time Bose-er here. Been through a decent (three, I think) amount of pairs of QC15's and more recently 25's. Think people were sniffy about the sound quality because it was always a fairly neutral, vanilla listening experience (certainly on the 15s - the 25s are a bit more expansive). That never mattered to me as you can always tweak the output of your player.

Some of the reviews say you can get better sound for your money; whilst that might be true, I would contest that you can't get better noise cancellation for the price - certainly not for over ear cans. They were an absolute godsend when I was flying to and from Asia for work every couple of weeks.
Daughter got given some soundsports for Christmas, lucky cow. They're succulent.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:57:06 pm by a fuckin idiot »

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2016, 06:56:32 pm »

I've the Q25's and they're worth every penny. Best noise concellation headphones by a country mile. Great for using at the gym and on planes.

When I the new IPhone 8 and go wireless then I will get the Q35's for sure.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2016, 07:42:41 pm »
Normally a sennheiser man, I'm thoroughly tempted by those QC35s.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 2, 2017, 07:24:23 am »
Need some budget earphones, a step up on the standard earphones you get with an IPod etc. Need something durable as a lot of my previous ones seem to break in months. Budget £20 max.
If you spend 30 you should be able to get a pair of Soundmagic E10. Well worth the extra tenner.

http://www.whathifi.com/soundmagic/e10c/review

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 4, 2017, 06:20:31 pm »
hey guys, anyone recommend any headphones with a built in mp3 player

mainly used for running, quality doesnt really matter, just something to take my mind off actually running

Offline aceface9

• Main Stander
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #171 on: February 4, 2017, 07:02:20 pm »
hey guys, anyone recommend any headphones with a built in mp3 player

mainly used for running, quality doesnt really matter, just something to take my mind off actually running

I use Bragi dash headphones when I run. Pricey but worth it to be completely wire free. Also waterproof and 2 gb storage with a 3:45h-4:15h battery life. 
"I wouldnt grace my one remaining eye with that inbred, bunch of silver spoon fed c*nts, smarmy,snobby , self important bunch of fucking wankers if my life depended on it. Fuck the wankers. There is a wedding down at St Faiths, that means more to me than these pricks. Get to fuck."
Sir Harvest Fields

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: February 4, 2017, 07:12:22 pm »
I use Bragi dash headphones when I run. Pricey but worth it to be completely wire free. Also waterproof and 2 gb storage with a 3:45h-4:15h battery life.

they look the part, i was hoping for something cheaper though

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2017, 11:29:09 am »
Any suggestions for On/Over Ear headphones between 30-50 quid?

I'm a train/walk commuter so looking for noise cancellation and little leakage
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 26, 2017, 02:36:14 pm »
Bought myself a new set of headphones to replace my aging Bose QC-15s. Was looking at the latest Bose (QC-35s) but elected for the Sony MDR-1000X instead.

If anyone is considering the Bose, give these some thought. They are amazing.

One of the best features is the capacitive gestures you can use on the right ear piece. A double tap on the can pauses your music. Swipe forward or backwards to skip a track, up or down to increase or decrease the volume.

I was on a stag a couple of weekends ago and compared them side-by-side with the Bose; I genuinely feel that they sounds better too.

Offline McrRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2017, 02:41:22 pm »
Any suggestions for On/Over Ear headphones between 30-50 quid?

I'm a train/walk commuter so looking for noise cancellation and little leakage
I got the Bluetooth noise cancelling 'phones from 7day shop. Well respected budget NC headphones. They're about the only decent pair for your budget. Cheap and cheerful, I'm very happy with them.

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2017, 08:48:48 pm »
Am after a pair of on-ear bluetooth headphones around the £50 mark. Will be using them for the commute into work on the train.

Anyone able to provide any recommendations?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2017, 08:58:46 pm »
Am after a pair of on-ear bluetooth headphones around the £50 mark. Will be using them for the commute into work on the train.

Anyone able to provide any recommendations?

I have a pair of Sony MDR-XB650BT,they're £80/£90 in the shops but you can get a pair off the auction site for around £50.I got mine for £45 off the bay,they came with the box and everything and have been perfect,work well with the phone and fire stick and the battery lasts for 35-40 hrs off a 4 hour charge.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2017, 07:48:30 am »
Was a Bose headphone noise cancellation fan for years but moved over to Sennheiser... these are stunning, had them two weeks now and love them. The sound quality via Bluetooth is also outstanding. 

https://www.techwalls.com/sennheiser-momentum-2-0-on-ear-wireless-headphones-review/

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:19:19 am by kopite321 »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2017, 03:32:22 pm »
It might be that you desperately don't want in-ears, but these are still the best in that price range, imo:

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/mdr-ex650ap/review

Stunning headphones.

I actually like these ones far more than those Sonys:

HiFiMAN RE-400 In-Ear Monitor Earphones
by HiFiMAN
Link: http://amzn.eu/7z0BITm

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2017, 03:14:46 pm »
I have a pair of Sony MDR-XB650BT,they're £80/£90 in the shops but you can get a pair off the auction site for around £50.I got mine for £45 off the bay,they came with the box and everything and have been perfect,work well with the phone and fire stick and the battery lasts for 35-40 hrs off a 4 hour charge.

Got gifted some Amazon vouchers with work and purchased these last week, arrived yesterday and I'm made up with them.

I am almost completely deaf in one ear and since my last pair of on-ear headphones broke last year, I have just stuck with the regular Apple earphones but struggling recently, especially on trains and planes - if I am listening to a podcast, if there is alot of noise, I give up as I can't hear what is being said.

These are brilliant - really happy with the sound quality from music and podcasts. Very comfortable too and easy to pair with phone and laptop.

God, wireless headphones are an absolute god-send. I lost count of how many times I'd get my earphones tangled or caught in something. What a dream!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2017, 03:45:12 pm »
Got gifted some Amazon vouchers with work and purchased these last week, arrived yesterday and I'm made up with them.

I am almost completely deaf in one ear and since my last pair of on-ear headphones broke last year, I have just stuck with the regular Apple earphones but struggling recently, especially on trains and planes - if I am listening to a podcast, if there is alot of noise, I give up as I can't hear what is being said.

These are brilliant - really happy with the sound quality from music and podcasts. Very comfortable too and easy to pair with phone and laptop.

God, wireless headphones are an absolute god-send. I lost count of how many times I'd get my earphones tangled or caught in something. What a dream!

They are spot on aren't they.I was going to buy off Amazon until I spotted the Sony factory refurbished ones,wasn't expecting them to be as new as they are,they obviously hadn't been used by anyone before so were more than likely just returns.

The battery life is amazing,as is the mic plus the jog and pause button even controls my Fire stick.It says that you have to charge them using a computer and I searched all over to see if you can just use a phone charger,couldn't find anything anywhere but I have only charged them with a phone charger (always use the lead that came with them) and from alomst flat they fully charge in 3hrs,the red light goes out once they aren charged.

A link to the online help guide/instructions

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2017, 04:30:00 pm »
They are spot on aren't they.I was going to buy off Amazon until I spotted the Sony factory refurbished ones,wasn't expecting them to be as new as they are,they obviously hadn't been used by anyone before so were more than likely just returns.

The battery life is amazing,as is the mic plus the jog and pause button even controls my Fire stick.It says that you have to charge them using a computer and I searched all over to see if you can just use a phone charger,couldn't find anything anywhere but I have only charged them with a phone charger (always use the lead that came with them) and from alomst flat they fully charge in 3hrs,the red light goes out once they aren charged.

A link to the online help guide/instructions

I didn't even read that about charging them, straight away I plugged them into a USB plug and charged them via the mains.

I saw you got yours for £45 - pretty good business! I got £75 Amazon vouchers, so I only had to put £5 towards them, so I am chuffed. Just used them with a Skype call for work - before I was using my USB Skype headset, now I can keep these on all the time and flip between Spotify and Skype when I need to, without taking them off and working from home, I'm able to roam about during calls, make a tea etc... Class!

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2018, 03:11:49 pm »
Anyone have wireless earphones and can recommend a good pair? Don't want to break the bank though

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2018, 09:22:26 pm »
Anyone have wireless earphones and can recommend a good pair? Don't want to break the bank though

Those that I posted about a few posts up,you can get them for £35-£45 off ebay,the ones I bought said no retail packaging but they did come with it.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: June 2, 2018, 09:38:39 am »

Got these fuckers recently.
Sound is pretty crisp and great.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: July 1, 2018, 03:07:44 pm »
Anyone recommend a good pair I can get for my holiday and zone it? Don't mind paying around 100 for good quality.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: July 3, 2018, 11:34:34 am »
Bought a pair of Betron in-ear phones (pretty low-end stuff, the bass is fairly poor but I use them for speech so that's not an issue) and found them to be pretty good for paying less than a tenner.  In-line mic with volume control and they feel damn sturdy.  Can't argue.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M8G5K8W
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2018, 04:01:09 pm »
Looking for a good pair under £100. Don't care about whether they're wireless or not. Never had a pair of over the ear (or on the ear, what's the difference?) headphones so I kind of fancy them rather than in-ear ones.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:03:25 pm by S »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2018, 04:18:05 pm »
I think the difference is that on ear don't cup your ear like the way the ones do that go properly over your ear.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2018, 04:20:20 pm »
Looking for a good pair under £100. Don't care about whether they're wireless or not. Never had a pair of over the ear (or on the ear, what's the difference?) headphones so I kind of fancy them rather than in-ear ones.

Any ideas?

Sony MDR-XB650BT are quality for the price,you can get refurbished ones from the Argos Ebay store for £44,they're £70 BN from Currys,sound is good but you can go for the others if your prefer less bass,battery life is amazing and they only take 3 hours to fully charge & that charge can last up to 35 hours.

Keep an eye on the UK hotdeals website if you're set on spending £100

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2018, 04:34:30 pm »
Sony MDR-XB650BT are quality for the price,you can get refurbished ones from the Argos Ebay store for £44,they're £70 BN from Currys,sound is good but you can go for the others if your prefer less bass,battery life is amazing and they only take 3 hours to fully charge & that charge can last up to 35 hours.

Probably being very stupid here, but are refurbished headphones basically second hand?

Have never really thought about to what extent I need more/less bass, is that kind of dependent on what type of music you listen to predominantly?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2018, 05:11:05 pm »
Probably being very stupid here, but are refurbished headphones basically second hand?

Have never really thought about to what extent I need more/less bass, is that kind of dependent on what type of music you listen to predominantly?

You wouldn't tell the difference between the refurbs and brand new off the argos store,they are usually returns and shelf stock.

I am in the more bass the better camp but they sound good no matter what the music.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2018, 03:23:21 am »
Need a pair of headphones I can use to listen to TV late at night (got think floorboards to the flat below, so would rather have headphones rather than have the TV at a very low volume. Not got much of a budget & don't need top sound quality.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #194 on: August 16, 2018, 09:42:16 pm »

Loving them so far mate.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 16, 2018, 09:53:30 pm »
Loving them so far mate.

Nice one,where did you get them from in the end ?

Bit of advice,keep an eye on the plastic that holds the band together (L & R),I fell asleep with them on one night and the left one started to crack where the screw goes in.I just took them both off and super glued them back,putting the screws back in,since I have done that I've not exactly looked after them and have had no more cracks.

Online guide/manual.
http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/xb650bt/v1/en/index.html
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:57:40 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2018, 01:09:12 am »
Nice one,where did you get them from in the end ?

Bit of advice,keep an eye on the plastic that holds the band together (L & R),I fell asleep with them on one night and the left one started to crack where the screw goes in.I just took them both off and super glued them back,putting the screws back in,since I have done that I've not exactly looked after them and have had no more cracks.

Online guide/manual.
http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/xb650bt/v1/en/index.html
I got a new pair in the end. Amazon's ridiculous delivery times are too hard to resist. Cheers for the manual etc.

I've pretty much always just used the default headphones that come with an iPhone, so the step up is huge. Not to sound overly sentimental but it just makes you feel "closer" to the music somehow. Some songs are totally transformed.

Offline manx_red

• Main Stander
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2018, 02:02:00 pm »
Thought I'd share this -
For those looking for in-ear buds, who, like me who cannot bring themselves to spend big. Those looking for what the audiophiles consider 'budget' headphones (i.e. under £50), I cannot recommend these enough - Sony MDR-EX650AP.

For the record, I've gone through countless headphones in the past, tried the top reviewed 'What Hifi' favourites, like the Soundmagic e10 among others, all the budget models from the brand names like Seinheiser etc, etc.

The Sony MDR-EX650AP is the best under £50 i've tried, not only for sound quality but also build. Nice and weighty, but comfy. Well rounded satisfying bass, good mids and highs. I doubt there any any better in this price range. I'm on my second pair now, and that's only because I lost the first pair. £39 on Amazon. Boom.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2019, 03:09:15 pm »
Can anyone recommend a cheaper option to the wireless Apple AirPods? Budgeting around £50, I know this won’t give me much choice

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2019, 03:27:40 pm »
What are the best wireless headphones on the market?

Read good things about Sony WH-1000XM3 and Sennheiser Momentum.

Anything better than them?